You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sarah S" started this thread

Reg: Sep 5th 2007

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 5:01pm

Oxford Fertility Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital - Treatment chat

Hey

Thought it would be good to start a thread for all people having treatment at John Radcliff hospital in Oxford. Would be good to share experiences and thoughts with others......... :)

Wishing everyone good luck!!
Me 27-DH 33 2 x Lap- Tubes removed due to hydrosalpinx Cycle 3-July 08. :D

Reg: Jun 5th 2007

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 5:10pm

clap clap clap

Didn't realise there were many of us here! I see you are a Septembie smile2

I hope your EC and ET went ok? :goodluck: with your 2WW!

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
2nd ICSI March 08 - EC but no ET
3 x Natural FET all BFN
Having a break to think about our options

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 5:14pm

I can't believe I have got to wait 11 days still to get the results.. It is killing me! Egg collection went well, although I did suffer a lot with pain afterwards. I had 26 follicles and 20 eggs which is probably the reason for the pain! Had two good ones transfered on sat and 3 being frozen! It all seems so unlreal.......... Feels like a dream to be honest!

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 5:24pm

Wow, that's quite something! Great that you also have some frosties, that'll save you some drugs next time smile2

I (still) waiting for AF to start so I can ring in with my day 1... I'm sure my body is making me wait on purpose as I've felt like AF is on it's way for the last 3 days. It'll be here, just not quick enough!

When we went for the consent meeting I forgot to ask one question you might be able to answer for me Sarah - who does the EC? Is it the cons or one of the nurses? We met Elisabeth (nurse) when we went and she seemed incredibly nice. She really (tried to) put me at ease about EC. What was your experience like?

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 5:37pm

Hi

Well I am sure we have seen Elizabeth as well and she was soooo nice! When I had the egg collection is was one of the doctors who actually did it, although a nurse was there aswell. We had a french guy, can't remember his name! The only thing I would change about the clinic would be to allow us to see the same nurse each time we go! I hate seeing a different person on each visit.....

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 5:59pm

I've only been once so have that to look forward to. It does look like they keep all the notes very up to date... She also offered to try and put her name down to do my Baseline scan and dummy ET, which was nice of her.

Fingers crossed for us both for the coming weeks and months!!

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 9:07am

hi

we went to Oxford - SO if we can offer you any advice me know -

The EC procedure is a bit confusing - as the nurses do attend but the doctors perform the ET and EC

Best of luck to both of you
DAD to twins

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 9:35am

Kski

Good to hear from you! Congratuations on your good news...... can I ask, did you fall first time??? How are you finding it with twin????

Sarah

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 10:22am

Great to have another fountain of knowledge on the Oxford front :bye:

Do either of you know how easy it is to change dates for scans? I have my BL ultrasound planned for next week Wednesday but AF isn't really forthcoming (although have had AF niggles for the last 4 days!) so might have to change it to a few days later. I'm worried that when I ring them to change they'll ask me to wait another month, which would just be a real blow! :thumbdown:

I realise this problem could be easily solved by just ringing them... But it would be nice to 'set expectations' before I ring so I'm not unreasonable on the phone :laugh:

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 11:00am

Hi

Firstly - My wife became pregnant - not me ! just before you go into personal details - .... and we are clear -

the BFP came from ARGC -

On the Oxford front - they are very good, although we had an issue with hypothyroid and NK killer cells - and our personal experience was that the Oxford unit were reluctant to look outside thier envelope of treatment and cause.

Admin wise they are very good - and regards expectations, just remember you are paying for this - either privately or through your taxes so never be afraid to ring them - expecially if you have a valid reason -

we had 4 cycles there - and by number 2 we were setting dates and deadlines and telling them when we wanted to de reg etc -

Best of luck to you both -

Hope it works out !
DAD to twins

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 2:30pm

Sophie

Just give them a call and ask! They all seem to be really nice on reception. I think I normally end up speaking to a girl called Lauren..... :)

Sarah

Thursday, September 20th 2007, 3:11pm

Hihi, you're right, it was Lauren! :laugh:

AF started today so Lauren moved the scan for me by a day without problems!! I worry to much sometimes... :loony:

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Friday, September 21st 2007, 2:40pm

Hey

Hope you guys have a good experience at Oxford. I found them really nice and helpful. But do suggest that you ask any questions that are on your mind. I learnt that at my 2nd cycle. I understand they've just started Blastocyst transfers now as well, though they tend to apply it selectively.
Feel free to Pm or ask me any questions.

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Saturday, April 5th 2008, 11:14pm

Oxford Fertility Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital

Hi There :wave:

We have just had our first consultation at this clinic.
We are now awaiting test results etc..
I just wondered if there is anyone else that is being or has been treated here that would like to share thier experience and chat ?

Thanks

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Thursday, April 10th 2008, 12:42pm

Hi Hollybolly!

I've just finished my 2nd cycle in Oxford so if you have any questions about them please feel free to send me a PM or email.

They've been very helpful and everyone is very nice. The only thing I've found is that you always get a different consultant or nurse so if you have anything outside the normal or something you want to know every time you go for a scan, you have to ask and explain every time you go in. They are all very good though and I like it there.

:goodluck: with your test results & the rest of your journey!

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

hollybolly

Superstar

Thursday, April 10th 2008, 4:00pm

Hi Sophie ! :wave:

I am soooo happy to find someone else here going to the same place! :weehee:

I have only been there the once so far due to being in such early stages but they all seem real nice x
I have been told that we will be invited to a evening presentation , did you attend it? do you know what its all about? x

Do you have a dairy Sophie? would love to catch up and see how your doing x
:goodluck: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TESE sucessfull 08/09
Icsi June 13 - Bfn

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hollybolly" (Apr 10th 2008, 4:03pm)

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: 1 son from our first ICSI treatment in 2008.

Thursday, April 10th 2008, 4:05pm

Just a quick happy story for you.
My sister had ivf treatment at the John Radcliff a few years back and she has twins to prove it. :D

She said they were very good then.

2nd ICSI Nov 2010. :BFP:

1 previous successful IVF with ICSI (taken to blasto stage)
Resulting in my gorgeous son born 04.01.09

Setting out on a second IVF journey - Diary

hollybolly

Superstar

Thursday, April 10th 2008, 4:09pm

Thanks Cupcake blowkiss

Its lovely to hear positive storys clap

Thank you xxxxxxxx

:goodluck: with your tx xxxx

TESE sucessfull 08/09
Icsi June 13 - Bfn

Friday, April 11th 2008, 10:56am

Yes we went to the information evening, I think it's 'mandatory' to go to before you start... It's not too long and at the end there is an opportunity to talk to a nurse, embryologist or consultant to ask lots of general questions. There were about 50 couples there I think and there were 2 meetings that day :8o:

It's good because you get all the information, although having been on FZ I knew the majority already :D

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Saturday, April 12th 2008, 10:11pm

Hi
The info evening is compulsary and they give you quite a bit of information. And like Sophie says, they're willing to answer your questions.
I found everyone at Oxford very helpful.
Let me know if you need any information at all. They've got great results.
All the best.

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

hollybolly

Superstar

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 11:17pm

Thanks Sophie & Anuarm,

They have booked us in for Tuesday for this meeting and am not looking forward to it! :scared: :snigger:

Anuram, Congratulations on your twins xxx

TESE sucessfull 08/09
Icsi June 13 - Bfn

Reg: Apr 27th 2007

Children: Little Sidney (a boy Sidney) born 11th November - we are so lucky

Friday, August 15th 2008, 3:03pm

Hello Ladies

I thought that I would join you on this thread, I am waiting for a fresh cycle following an unsuccessful FET.

I have to wait for 2 more bleeds before I can call in to get schedule. Every day seems like a year.

Does anyone know - if you have a unsucessful fresh cycle how quickly you can go for an FET?

I have to say that the Oxford clinic got me pg once and I hope to get there again but they don't half have a long protocol!!

Boycey
Boycey

1st IVF Aug 07 sucessful
I gave birth to little Teddy Jacob @ 25 wks
We lost him 5 days later
Our hearts are broken
FET July 08 - BFN
Fresh Cycle Nov - Abandoned - cyst
Fresh Cycle Feb - Sidney (born 11/11/2009)
Natural FET Sept

Reg: Sep 7th 2008

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 9:41am

Starting 2nd Cycle - first time at Oxford Fertility unit

All,

I am new to FZ and just started sniffer for Down Reg ( 31st Aug). This is by 2nd IVF Cycle and First time with Oxford Fertility Unit, John Radcliffe.

I am hopping to link in with others who are going thru their cycle at Oxford around the same time and share experiences

Healthy Babies - Hoping for them :+).
Healthy Babies.

Me 32 and DH 32.
PCOS.
TTC : 4 yrs
IVF 1st Cycle - BFN
FET - BFN

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 12:03pm

Hello Healthy Babies! Welcome to :FZ:!

I'm having treatment in Oxford, although I'm almost at the end of my journey there. If you have any questions about the Oxford Unit then I'll be happy to answer them if I can!

There is a cycle buddies thread going (see Cycle Buddies Chatter on the main menu) where you can share experiences with people having treatment at the same time as you. Which cycle chat you want to join depends on which month you are having EC.

Good luck & :babydust: to you!!

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 3:34pm

Welcome to :FZ: Healthy Babbies

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a getting started on fertilityzone thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a how to search section HERE so you can get the maximum benefit for the forum.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP!!

blowkiss

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Reg: Sep 7th 2008

Monday, September 8th 2008, 8:59pm

Dear Sophie and Polly,

Thanks for your welcome note and guidance. I will link in with the Sept/Oct cycle buddy group.

Sophie, I have so many questions..that I will spend entire nite typing..:+). To start with, just wanted to check how was your experience with Oxford FU? Is there soemthing that I should look out for or specifically ask for? So far I have met the consultant and one nurse. I am meant to go for the blood test on 19th for the down reg.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Cheers
Healthy babies...
Healthy Babies.

Me 32 and DH 32.
PCOS.
TTC : 4 yrs
IVF 1st Cycle - BFN
FET - BFN

Tuesday, September 9th 2008, 12:08pm

I have found OFU to be incredibly helpful! At first I found things frustrating, as it seemed I was just a number, but that soon changed during the second cycle.

If you don't ask for the same nurse you just get whoever is free on the day.
So I'd say go along with it all for one cycle to see what it's all like. If you are unlucky, and want to go through a second cycle, find a nurse you like (or two, as some work part-time) and ask to see her whenever you go for a scan. That way you get to know each other and it all becomes much more bearable!

I have to say though that all the nurses & cons I've seen are very good and knowledgable.

Good luck & lots of babydust!!

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:58pm

We had our first visit today...

Was very brief and a lot to take in, but looks like ICSI is the way forward for us.

Bloodtests done and Chromosome test done, results due 2months from now.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 12:28pm

Hi Ladies

I am with the JR hospital and currently on the November cycle buddy chatter thread.

Sophie - I see you are doing a natural FET cycle, I did know that JR did natuaral cycles, is this something you requested specaially.

I did one medicated FET and didn't like the fact that had I got PG I would have to have taken HRT up to 10 weeks.

Thanks

Boycey
Boycey

1st IVF Aug 07 sucessful
We lost him 5 days later
Our hearts are broken
FET July 08 - BFN
Natural FET Sept

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 12:58pm

Hi Boycey!

Yes I'm a 'special case'... I don't think they like doing natural FET and if you happen to need your embies de-frosted in the weekend they are unable to do that and you'll have to wait until the next cycle, which is a real pain! With a medicated FET they'll be able to plan around that.

Unfortunately I'm coming to the end of my treatment as no medication we tried can get my lining to go above 5.6 mm ;( Strangely enough my body does better without medication (I managed to get to 6.4 mm without meds a few times!) so therefore we agreed the natural FET will have a better, if still only a very small chance. My DH and I already know it won't come to anything, but emotionally we need to use up our frozen embies with the FET before we are able to stop our TTC journey.

I wish you all the luck and babydust in the world for your November cycle! xfingers

xx

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 2:38pm

Sophie

Thanks, I thought so. But worth checking out.

Well, good luck I hope that you get a little miricle, its always worth exhausting all possiblities otherwise you may look back and think 'what if'

Take care

Boycey
Boycey

1st IVF Aug 07 sucessful
We lost him 5 days later
Our hearts are broken
FET July 08 - BFN
Natural FET Sept

Reg: Oct 26th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful girl from 1st IVF attempt

Sunday, October 26th 2008, 10:33am

New appointment at Oxford Fertility clinic

:happy:Hi all,

I'm new to this forum thing but hope you can help!

I have an appointment at the Oxford Fertility Clinic and just wondering what to expect.

I have unexplained infertility and have been pregnant before but miscarried at 21 weeks. Have take Chlomid for 5 months with no sucess so I guess the next step is IUI.

My husband has a teenage daughter doe sthis mean I won't get funding for treatement at Oxford? Not sure if we should lie about this?

Is it true that you don't get funding for IVF until over 35?

Thanks all
TigerLilly xmas39

Peppa

Sunday, October 26th 2008, 12:35pm

Hi Tigerlilly and welcome to FZ
There is a dedicated section for newcomers to the site which can be found here Newbies and if you want to post a little about yourself and your journey so far then i'm sure you will get a good response.

With regards to the funding for IVF, it very much depends on what area you live in. Where i am you can get funding between the ages of 26 and 35 if both partners are childless but in other areas you would have to be over a certain age to get funding. I would never encourage anyone to lie in order to get funding but instead would suggest that you find out what your local PCT rules are take it from there, often they do make exceptions to the rules.

I'm sure that one of the ladies who has had tx at Oxford will be able to give you some feedback on them when they come online.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey and i do hope that you find FZ useful.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Thursday, October 30th 2008, 10:51am

So sorry Tigerlilly, I've only just seen your post.

Once it has been decided that you might benefit from treatment, the clinic will invite you to an 'open evening' where they explain what happens during treatment and the funding available.

Unfortunately I don't remember much from the funding rules list, as it quickly became clear to me that it's pretty much a miracle if you get the funding! The clinic is very good though (in my opinion) and the nurses are all very nice.

Good luck on your journey!

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

Reg: Dec 2nd 2008

Children: DD's 1990, 1992 and 1995

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 11:59pm

Newbie to site - treatment at Oxford

Hi all

Ive just joined this site and would like to say hi.

At present I am having a 2nd cycle of IVF but its not going well at all. Starting sniffing on the 10th Oct but didnt down reg though had a AF so moved over to Burselin and that didnt work initially but clinic said to carry on, scans showed ovaries fine but lining thickining up so needed another AF which just wont come. Had use Cyclogest for 5 days last week to bring AF but guess what no sign.. Belly looks like its gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson!!!!!

Really cheesed off now as if AF doesnt come by this Thursday treatment will have to be delayed till after new year as Oxford closed for Xmas and been trying to down reg for 8 weeks now.

So different to the last cycle as that was text book and everything went to plan even got 17 eggs of which 14 fertilised.

Have to ring the clinic tomorrow if AF still hasnt shown up but I havent a clue what they will say.

Its nice to virtual meet others that are going through fertility treatment @ Oxford and maybe buddy up witn someone??

Bye for now

Sarah
  • 1st IVF - Apr 07 - 17 eggs - 14 fertilised - BFN - No Frosties
  • 2nd IVF - Dec 08 - 8 eggs - 6 fertilised - BFN - No Frosties
  • 3rd IVF - Jun 09 (If I'm slim by then!!)

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 8:50am

Hello Sarah! Welcome to FZ!

I'm sorry to hear that your treatment isn't going as planned :sadface: I hope you'll be able to get some advice from the unit today!

It's so annoying when your 2nd IVF cycle is so very different from your 1st, I agree... I had a good womb lining but rubbish embryo fertilisation on our first cycle and the results were completely the other way around during our 2nd cycle! I still can't understand what my body's up to :rolleyes:

I hope you manage to DR soon so you can continue your treatment without any more hitches. Lots of luck and babydust to you!

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 7:46pm

Well good news...the AF has arrived and just after I rang the clinic to say she hadnt..

I can now start stimming tomorrow and reduce the burselin by half. First can next Wednesday..

Feel alot happier now..

mea

Ace

Reg: Dec 8th 2008

Children: little boy from our first ICSI

Tuesday, December 9th 2008, 5:32pm

Hi

I have just joined FZ and i have had a course of ICSI at the JR which resulted in our wonderful little boy, and i am now just about to start a medicated FET course with them.

The only problem we have had with them is it seems hard to catch anyone on the phone, apart from that they have been brilliant.

Anyone had success with FET at the JR?

Maria xx

[/table][/col]

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Tuesday, December 9th 2008, 6:07pm

hi

i am currently 11 weeks 4 days pregnant following a medicated FET at Oxford :happy:

Good luck

xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

mea

Ace

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 6:09pm

Hi Knighty

Congratulations, are you having one or two i keep reading that twins are common with FET.

Mea xx

[/table][/col]

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 8:07pm

hi

We've been scanned and we have just the one baby which is perfect! Twins would have been nice but we are just grateful for one :happy:

xx

Me 30
DH 33

mea

Ace

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 9:45pm

Hi Knighty

How many did you have put back in?

How are you finding being pregnant? I was really lucky and didnt get any symptoms at all, which was a bit worrying at times as i kept thinking something was wrong.

[/table][/col]

Natalia

Reg: Oct 7th 2008

Children: None

Monday, December 15th 2008, 12:04pm

Dear Ladies,

Sorry to change the topic. But has someone had a hysteroscopy in Oxford?

Thanks,

Natalia
Natalia

Monday, December 15th 2008, 4:25pm

Quoted

Originally posted by mea
Hi Knighty

How many did you have put back in?

How are you finding being pregnant? I was really lucky and didnt get any symptoms at all, which was a bit worrying at times as i kept thinking something was wrong.

Hi

We had 2 put back in ... I am just over 12 weeks and my symptons seem to have all but disappeared which as you say can be worrying. I am v. tired in the evenings but sickness seems to have stopped ??

Me 30
DH 33

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 8:10am

Natalia, I did have a hysteroscopy in Oxford. I think the doctors name was Rai or Vai or something, lovely Indian man. He and the nurse both wore wellies :snigger:

Anything in particular you'd like to know?

1st ICSI Oct/Nov 07 BFN
3 x Natural FET all BFN

topbird

Reg: Jan 22nd 2009

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 11:05pm

New to OFU

:hello:

Hi All

Was wondering if anyone can shed any light on my question?

My GP referred me and my dp to OFU in November but haven't heard anything from them, is this normal or should I be chasing them up, any advice would be appreciated

Sarah

mea

Ace

Friday, January 23rd 2009, 5:29pm

Hi
It took us a good couple of moths before we heard anything back form the unit. I would call your GP just to check when she sent your referal.

[/table][/col]

Friday, January 23rd 2009, 10:11pm

We heard within 2 weeks when we went to Oxford..though we were self funding not sure if that makes a difference

Reg: Oct 26th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful girl from 1st IVF attempt

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 11:39am

RE: New to OFU

Hi,

I heard within 2 weeks and my doctor sent me a copy of the referal letter. I should chase it up because I don't think they have really long waiting lists and they are supposed to find you an appointment within 1 month (according to their PCT rules or something).

Good Luck.
TigerLilly xmas39

topbird

Reg: Jan 22nd 2009

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 8:51pm

RE: New to OFU

Thanks for the replies.

Took the plunge on friday and rang the unit cos was having a bad day anyway and thought haven't got anything to lose. Very helpful woman at the unit pointed me in the right direction and found out some things for me as well. Firstly that the unit had rejected me and dp as the referral was incomplete, gp hadn't given them my blood results or dp's sa results either, then got told that i wasn't going to be under the unit as i had been referred straight away for ivf!!!
Rang gp and they said they hadn't received any rejection letter although it was sent out on the 22nd Dec .. go figure.. So gonna ring gp again tomorrow and sort out the rest of the results and tell him to do the referral again..

Will update when have more news

Thanks again for all the advice

Sarah xx :sadface:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE