You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lgft

• "lgft" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2008

Children: Mummy of 4, 2 :) :) and 2 angel babies ...

Monday, March 31st 2008, 9:57pm

Our surrogacy journey

I was given an illigal and unnecessary post preg hyster after the arrival of our first baby

We had to fight to store our embryos and our hopes began for a host surrogate.

After 6 1/2 years and several false starts a wonderful person came into our lives to give some of embies a chance. We undertook our surrogacy journey via *a little wish* group. We did a frozen natual cycle and first attempt ... we lost one embies and the other decided to be *identical twins* :D :D :D

Our joy was not to last and one of our children died in utero at 28 weeks

Our other son survived and he is comming up to 8 months

Our surrogate can not help us again for medical reasons and we hope that we will be fortuante enough to be helped again and some more embies to be given a chance of comming into the world.

[zx189] xfingers [zx189] xfingers

After such a long start we were so fortunate that from talking to our surrogate for the first time .... to our children arriving (a little early) it was a year :) :) amazing for a host surrogacy journey as some can take two years or more!!!
Michelle Hickman - Illigal n unnecessary post pregnancy hysterectomy

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 10:34pm

RE: Our surrogacy journey

Hi
I was sad to read about the loss of your baby, but lovely to hear you got your other baby in your arms safely.
Surrogacy can be a long drawn out process, and maybe as long as it would take for people to through an adoption process. There are some amazing ladies out there that carry babies for us less fortunate than themselves and i take my hat of to these ladies. They do an amazing job.
I wish you well on your journey and hope you update us with your progress. Not many ladies on this site have choosen to go down the surrogacy route so its pretty new to some on here, but i completely undersatnd and know how hard it can be to find the right surrogate, its timetaking and can be full of dissapointments.
But the majority who stick the lengthy course get there longed for babies. Good luck with everything. :D

TTC - 12+ years
IVF/ICSI - May 05 BFN
IVF/ICSI - Sept 05 Very Very long awaited for BFP!!!!(Had Acupuncture & Took Baby Asprin)

Sadly Lost our Beautiful Baby Boy SAM 21 wks Gest - 12th January 2006, and he was truly my miracle....
I Love You Sam xxx

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: no children

Monday, August 11th 2008, 12:16pm

RE: Our surrogacy journey

Hi.....

It is a very moving story. Myself and my husband are discussing
different options but dont think action will be taken if not
conceived in another year, a year so far, seems a long time for
me but not for others that have been trying longer. My husband
is adopted so this is the route we would take if nothing works
but we have both decided in an ideal situation we would want me
to give birth myself if possible. IVF is another option but would
be costly as my husband has a son with his ex-girlfriend and we
have him fulltime. I love him dearly and treat him as my own
but im sure people can understand I would love to try this out for
myself. My sister said if we couldnt conceive she would carry the
baby for us but now after more discussion she is unable to do so.
She gave birth to my beautiful neice Ayana 9 weeks ago and the birth
was very bad and at one point she nearly slipped into a coma as her blood pressure was through the roof and had to have an emergency ceasearean so it is understandable that she cannot go through with it, my mother offered but I could not put her through that, she is nearly 53. I just feel so sad, I feel I am useless as my DH could have a child with his ex and she does not even want him, it makes me so angry and makes me feel maybe we are just not compatible in that aspect together but we have a great relationship and he is very supportive. We have discussed surrogacy and is very much an option, dh feels a bit weird someone else carrying our baby. How was it for yourselves? Sorry this post is long just dont know if the IVF route would be the best to take, I have numerous tests that show nothing wrong with me or my husband so am at a loss.

All the best

Shona
TTC 12 MONTHS
FIRST CHILD TOGETHER
MARRIED 19/10/2007

ME: 27
DH: 29

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Monday, August 11th 2008, 2:04pm

I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck in whichever route you decide to take. I dont have any experience in this field at all but I can only try and understand how it must feel to reach this stage and I think that you are all very very brave and couragious.

Once again, the best of luck to all of you.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Heidi

Reg: Jul 13th 2008

Children: 3, 2 boys, 1 girl from Previous marrige.

Monday, August 11th 2008, 2:21pm

surrogacy

:hi:

Me and my DH have discussed surrogacy. We are going to have 2 more trys of isci first, then if nothing happens we are going to look more into surrogacy. Do any of you know how much roughly it would cost altogether?.
Good luck to you all on your precious journey

:xxx3:
jilly
Me 32 Dh 35
ISCI Mar 07 :BFN:
ISCI Nov 07 :BFN:

Monday, August 11th 2008, 2:42pm

Hi Donna,

Thanks very much - Its hard to stay positive esp since I have such a big family and kids all over the place lol....

However I dont get it tho as soon as you get married everyone starts asking you when you are going to have kids, whats wrong with having them out of wedlock?? lol.... After what me and my husband have been through I understand the full extent and would never imagine asking anyone 'is it your turn next' without knowing all of the history.

With that said 5 day of new cylce here we go again!!!

Shona
TTC 12 MONTHS
FIRST CHILD TOGETHER
MARRIED 19/10/2007

Monday, August 11th 2008, 2:44pm

RE: surrogacy

Hi Heidi,

How much is icsi? Im so sorry you havent had any luck yet.

We were referred for IVF two months ago but I am not sure if we are ready to do that as we will have to pay for it ourselves. Will wait and see on that one, Im not sure how much surrogacy is. Is there anyone close to you or in your family that would be willing to carry your baby for you?

Shona
TTC 12 MONTHS
FIRST CHILD TOGETHER
MARRIED 19/10/2007

Rufus

Star

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Monday, August 11th 2008, 3:04pm

I am sorry to not be able to help you - there are not many folks here with experience of surrogacy. Will let you know if I find anything out, lesa xx
Keep smiling :happy:

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, August 11th 2008, 3:16pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Heidi
:hi:

Me and my DH have discussed surrogacy. We are going to have 2 more trys of isci first, then if nothing happens we are going to look more into surrogacy. Do any of you know how much roughly it would cost altogether?.
Good luck to you all on your precious journey
:xxx3:

Hi

There is no 'cost' as such, the main proviso is that no money other than 'reasonable expenses' should be paid to the surrogate. While there is no strict definition as what constitutes ' reasonable expenses ' it is left up to the individuals involved in a surrogate arrangement to come to an agreement regarding these expenses. Any costs incurred by a surrogate that are as a result of the pregnancy would be regarded as expenses

Have a look at the thread below, it will give you a really good overview

x

SURROGACY

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Heidi

Reg: Jul 13th 2008

Children: 3, 2 boys, 1 girl from Previous marrige.

Monday, August 11th 2008, 3:29pm

:hi: Graysmith,

I went to Norway to have my second isci treatment it roughly cost £3000 that includs the treatment and staying there for 10 days which is much cheaper than over here and you are having a holiday has well. The isci treatment itself was £1600 + £800 for the meds. The hotel i stayed at was £60 a night for a double room and that included breakfast and tea.
I hope this has been helpful to you.
:goodluck: with what ever you decide to do.
jilly
Me 32 Dh 35
ISCI Mar 07 :BFN:
ISCI Nov 07 :BFN:

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 1:06pm

If anyone needs any support or advise regarding surrogacy, uksurrogatefamiliesonline.co.uk is a good site. there are intended parents as well as surrogates that can offer support and answer any questions you have on the subject.

Best wishes To all :goodluck:

TTC - 12+ years
IVF/ICSI - May 05 BFN
IVF/ICSI - Sept 05 Very Very long awaited for BFP!!!!(Had Acupuncture & Took Baby Asprin)

Sadly Lost our Beautiful Baby Boy SAM 21 wks Gest - 12th January 2006, and he was truly my miracle....
I Love You Sam xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "frostie" (Aug 12th 2008, 1:07pm)

lgft

• "lgft" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2008

Children: Mummy of 4, 2 :) :) and 2 angel babies ...

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 10:38am

Unfortuantley Surrogacy is currently iliegal in Norway :(

We did an article to help with the discussion to make it legal, according to one poll the majority are in favour of legalising it ...

the article - http://www.klikk.no/foreldre/gravid/article343101.ece

and if your Norwegin is not up to scratch ;)

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=…F-8&sl=no&tl=en

:)

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**
Michelle Hickman - Illigal n unnecessary post pregnancy hysterectomy

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE