You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

m4nd

• "m4nd" started this thread

Reg: Mar 27th 2008

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 8:45pm

Newbie trying for #2

Hi girls :-)

My name is Amanda. I am 32 and have a beautiful 3 year old son who took a loooong time to conceive, 6 years plus to be exact. My husband and i had 'unexplained infertility'.

Went through 2 IUIs that never worked then Clomid. 2 months of Clomid which made me produce multiple eggs and was told to have a break and re-start on a lower dosage. In the month off i fell pregnant. Hospital claim it was a natural conception, i say no way...the Clomid must have done something even though i have always ovulated like clockwork.

We have used no contraception since we originally started ttc in 1998.

Now would like a sibling for my son and don't know what options are available.

Is it correct that the NHS will not fund secondary infertility if you already have a natural child together?

I have sourced Clomid on the internet and i am thinking of ordering it and taking it but i realise that this would be risky without the scans etc.

Anyone in a similar situation? Help! :rolleyes:

8868dee

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: DD1 17 yrs and DD2 4 years x they are both my everything xxx love my girls soo much xx

What's Up?
New cycle start Feb/ March fingers crossed

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 10:12pm

hi newbie

thumbup
hi amanda

denise here
i am also in secondry infertility been trying for two yrs with db
i dont know about the questions you are asking sorry but im sure somebody else will know and be able to help you but i thought id give you a nice welcome and a hug :cuddle

from de

De:34 DH:36
DD1: 17yrs - Natural
DD2: 4 yrs - FET #3
DH: Super-Sperm | ME: No Fallopian Tubes
June 2011 Ruptured Ectopic (tubes removed)

8 Cycles IVF ( 4 X Fresh / 4 X Natural FET)
2 X Miscarriages (11+9 weeks) ;(
1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(
1 x Rainbow Baby Girl (05/14) : D

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Friday, March 28th 2008, 1:34pm

Hi Amanda and welcome to FZ. I admire your perseverance of the 6 years it took for DS to arrive. I hope your journey for a second child isn't as long!

As for taking clomid that you can get on the internet, I say *no, do not do it*. I have never taken clomid, but I know enough from the clomid moderators to know that it is very dangerous to do that. It can come across as a very mild drug, but it really isn't, especially because you produced multiple eggs and had to lower your dose. It is true that you cannot get NHS funding for fertility treatment if you already have a child, but surely you can go back to your GP and ask if you can have some more clomid?
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 9:16am

Hi Amanda - I agree about the Clomid. I'm actually against taking any form of meds unless absolutely necessary and prescribed by a Dr / Consultant as essential. It's worth spending the £100 for a private consultation...believe me.

I am also a victim of secondary infertility. Have Joe who's 9 (natural!), Dan who's 3 (ICSI) and just started 2nd attempt to expand family. I'm pretty sure you won't get help. I'm from Leicester and we were told that as we already had a child naturally no financial help would be offered to us. It cost £5k last time and just over £4k. It is worth sacrificing stuff to save, but I guess I can say that as ICSI worked for me first time around...

Hope things go well. Let us know how you get on thumbup
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

m4nd

• "m4nd" started this thread

Reg: Mar 27th 2008

Thursday, April 3rd 2008, 12:43pm

Update - Went to the GP yesterday.

She advised that she can prescribe Clomid but as i produced multiple eggs last time she would rather take advice from the Fertility Speciailist who treated me at the hospital.

She is writing to him to ask whether he is happy for the GP to prescribe or whether he wants to see me through his clinic so as i can be scanned in conjunction with the Clomid.

She said this wouldn't be denied as Clomid costs less than blood pressure tablets and it would only be the more intrusive methods i.e. ICSI, IVF that would be denied as we already have a biological child together.

Woo-hoo :D

BOBBY

Reg: Mar 3rd 2008

Children: DD born April 2004

Saturday, April 5th 2008, 6:56pm

Hi Amanda, I have heard that some health authoritys can do IUI on the NHS even if you have a child already conceived naturally, this is something I'm going to ask my Gynacologist when I see him next week, my DH and I have like you been trying to conceive for 3 years and have a DD who is 4 next week. I have had 3 rounds of clomid but the problem is with DH, he had a varicocele which is common in secondary infertility. It took 6 months to get preggers 1st time, I think we were very lucky that time. Will get results of DH recent SA after correction of varicocele. Good luck with your TTC journey!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE