You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "andreak60" started this thread

Reg: Feb 20th 2007

Children: None

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 1:00pm

Just to give some hope - im sure there is always an explanation!

Thought i would share my story with those ladies and Gents who have been put into the "unexplained infertility" Bracket.

I am convinced that everything has an explanation:

Excuse the lack of Abbreviations but i just havent sussed them all out yet lol but i will try and get to the point as quick as I can.

In August 2005 my partner who was then 40 and myself who was 35 began trying for a family, after a 12 month and no sign of anything happening i decided that i would seek medical advice. Realising that the NHS waiting time to see a consultant would be months away i decided to go private for the initial appointment and i was seen within 3 weeks.

I paid £90 for the appt which lasted a good hour.During the appointment i was given a thourough medical examination and also an internal examination where swabs for clamydia etc were taken. My partner also had a sperm count done Like many women i had had plenty of smear tests and internal examinations but during this examination the Gynaecology consultant stated that i had a tilted womb, which he said should not be a cuse of why things were not working I also exxaggerated the fact that it had been 18 months we had been trying for as they see 12 as normal!

I couldnt phathom out why no other doctor or consultant had told me this previously. Well to cut a long story short results came back all clear and sperm count was normal. I was then referred for a Lap & dye I could have had this privatley for £2500 within a week however not being in a financial position to pay for this he referred me back to the NHS and i was told be prepared to wait 12 months!

8 months later the appt came through i had the Lap & Dye and everything was Normal, a tiny bit of endometreosis which they Zapped off but other than that nothing could be explained why i wasnt getting pregnant. i was put on the IUI and IVF waiting list and again advised to expect 12 - 18 month waiting time, and in the mean time im obviously getting Older! We had an appointment with the Fertility Nurse at Singleton Hospital in Swansea who advised us of our options the 1st being 3 free rounds of IUI and 1 free cycle of IVF, Luckily for me now being 37, i was told that they would try and fast track it from 18 months to 12 months max and so the wait began.

Whilst waiting for the IUI treatment to come through they decided to try me on clomid for 4 cycles which apart from turning me into a total psycho who didnt want any sort of intercourse let alone wanting my partner anywhere near me as you can guess also failed! I explained to the doctors that i was in terrific pain around the time of ovulation and was basically told well thats where the eggs are and unfortunatley you will have to have intercourse and just "grit your teeth" Oh yes very romantic, and im sure that my partner would be really pleased seeing me screwing up my face in pain and having tears in my eyes!! Anyway Due to my side effects on clomid they then decided to try me on Tamoxifen which i will say was 100% better than clomid however this failed also after another 4 cycles.

Fortunatley in January this year my treatment plan arrived for the IUI starting beginning of feb where i was put on the Mini Pill for 3 weeks and my period came on 21st Feb when i was to have an internal scan to make sure everything was ok in there, thankfully everything wa and thats when i started my injections of Burselin and Gonal F, which apart from being bruised were easy enough to give even tho i wasnt looking forward to doing it myself. I had 3 more internal scans and on 3rd March they said that the drugs had worked fine and that I had 2 eggs over 16mm and the treatment could go ahead. If ther had been more than 2 over 16mm the iui would have been cancelled due to a risk of multiple births.

And so the insemination was done on March 5th by the fertiltiy nurse, It was here that during the procedure that she stated that she had to do a lot of pushing because my womb was tilted and the cervix was also not in the correct position! If i said it didnt hurt i would be lying, it wasnt excrutiating but just made me feel physically sick and brought tears to me eyes, not what i was expecting at all. I laid there for about 15 mins afterwards and then went home, i had bad period like feelings afterwards but spent the time on the seetee with a hot water bottle the day after i was fine and went back to work and now i was on the dreaded 2 WW and due to test on 19th March

I dont know whether it was just me convincing myself that it hadnt worked but the 2 weeks seemed to fly by, and on March 15th i thought oh herer the pains come the usual period pains bad back pmt from hell and all the usual signs which then convinced me it had failed and so i went out to celebrate the Wales team winning the grand slam lol and thought nothing more abaout it.

Then the 19th March arrived and i tested and to my shock i saw a faint line in the window! I thought no that cant be right so 4 tests later lol and all read the same. I run the clinic and explained the score to which they said well congratulations your officially pregnant! I was so convinced that it was wrong that i went out and bought a digital clearblue test and tested on the 20th and lo behold up it came PREGNANT!. So I am today officially 5 weeks pregnant, has it sunk in yet NOPE, i even re tested last night and didnt have to wait the full 3 mins as up it came in the first 10 seconds.

I have to go for a scan on the 24th April to 1 make sure everything is ok in there and 2 to find out how many are in there! I think when i actually see the scan it will finally sink in i think because ive had so many negative results over the last 3 years my brain is refusing to believe it, even tho my body is giving me all the early signs.

Sorry this dragged on a bit but my point is I am convinced that it was my tilted womb that was preventing me from getting pregnant there was no other logical reason especially as IUI has a 15% success rate and for it to work the 1st time is a miracle. So to all those couples out there who have been diagnosed as unexplained, if you havent seen a good Gynaecologist then i recommend you pay for it £90 was money well spent to get the ball rolling quicker and please question them regarding the positioning of your womb and cervix, ask if its tilted or fixed or mobile which im sure are all a causing factor.

I am just hoping now that everything goes well, its very early days for us at the moment and anything could go wrong but i have to be positive and cant wait now for the scan and the 12 weeks to have passed. I hope this has helped people looking for info on IUI and this gives some hope to those being told you have the the unexplained infertility phenomenon, im sure there is an explanation for it all xx
AndreaK xx

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "andreak60" (Mar 27th 2008, 1:10pm)

Peppa

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 1:06pm

Ohhhh Andrea.....congratulations on your BFP! What a wonderful story too - im sure it will really give hope to others!

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 1:15pm

Thanks Michelle, I really hope it does as i was convinced that IUI and IVF would not work for us, as my best mate says My glass is always half empty lol positive thinking now!
AndreaK xx

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 1:24pm

That's great news Andrea, I'm so pleased for! Good luck for a stress free 8 months!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

ravan

Star

Reg: Aug 19th 2007

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 1:28pm

what a fantastic story...congratulations on your BFP :DTake care of yourself...and start a pregnancy diary,love to keep watching your progress blowkiss
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
3 fet blast-1 bfp-ectopic
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 1:30pm

Andrea, many congrats on your BFP, and thanks for sharing your story. I found it really interesting because I have also been told that I have a tilted womb but that it wouldn't affect ttc.....

I suppose you'll never know for sure what was the cause was, but I am so pleased your story had a happy ending.

Here's wishing you a happy and healthy eight or so months x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 2:14pm

Thanks you all for your kind wishes and support good luck to you all and there is hope out there.

AndreaK xx

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 2:17pm

Hiya (only little ole me lol)

I can vouch for EVERYTHING that Andreak has written cos i had all the in's and out's from her - all the moaning from her and i did all the convincing her that she WAS pregnant lol (im her best mate!)

Total joy for her and her DP (who by the way were due to get married in a few mths (i was her maid of honour too) and now as they saying goes - The Wedding's postponed!)

And for a bloody good reason too ......

Andreak my dearest oldest fwend - im so pleased for u, it goes without saying that u deserve everybit of happiness brought with this longed for baby.

P.S - Dont come to me when its 17 and playing hell!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Love ya Xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Welshbird" (Mar 27th 2008, 2:21pm)

Welshbird

Megastar

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 2:18pm

And missey ur glass was always half empty - untill now lmao xxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Welshbird" (Mar 27th 2008, 2:20pm)

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 2:28pm

HAHAHAHAHAH Cheers Bec

Can you believe it that i had forgoten about the wedding being postponed! Perhaps theres more going on in my head lol.

Yes your right there my glass is def full now xxxx

AndreaK xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "andreak60" (Mar 27th 2008, 2:28pm)

Welshbird

Megastar

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 2:31pm

And can i just say:

I hadnt forgotten about the wedding - my Maid of Honour's dress is hanging up behind my bedroom door - im saving it now for a rainey day lmao

That pic u got up wiv ur name suits u down to the ground hahahaha lmao

Xxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Welshbird" (Mar 27th 2008, 2:31pm)

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 9:21pm

Aw Andrea - this is a lovely story, I am welling up. I am just soooo pleased for you. This gives me so much hope too. I am 40 now and have been on a similar journey to you, also paid to see the consultant in the end and it was money well spent. Still had to wait on NHS lists etc and now am paying 5k for IVF but this just gives me so much hope.

Thank-you so much for sharing this with us, bless your cottons socks.

Tracey :flowers:

Reg: Jul 19th 2007

Children: 1 lovely Step Son aged 17

Friday, March 28th 2008, 10:17am

Hi Andrea, I really enjoyed reading your story, many congrats about your BFP, I am unexplianed due to everything being normal apart from 2 spots of endo from my lap & dye but my cons said it was nothing to worry about, just one question about a tilted womb, would this be picked up on a lap & dye??, because I must admit this has crossed my mind a few times, I think my auntie had a tilted womb

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs
Lap & Dye 07 very mild endo
6 clomid cycle's 100mg all :BFN:

Welshbird

Megastar

Friday, March 28th 2008, 10:26am

Leanne,

Sorry for butting in, a tilted womb is very hard to diagnose - i dont think it can be picked up on a lap and dye - i beleive Andrea's was only picked up at her private consultation with her DR. I dont think it can be picked up in a smear either as the smear doesnt enter the womb, just scrapes from the lining from the neck (please someone correct me if im wrong)
I remember Andrea telling me about her 'tilted' womb and i was convinced that this was the problem for her, but her DR had told her this wasnt the case. Im not saying that its not, but when u look at the facts, the way it hurt her to be inseminated into the womb, that maybe this is the first time that Mrs Egg met Mr Sperm and finally 'got it on' together ...

Thats my theory anyway (after living and being close friends with Andrea for near on 39 years - im convinced of this)

Xxx

Friday, March 28th 2008, 10:36am

Oh thank-you so much for that hun, It has certanily gave me something to think about....I have been off the pill for 7 years, but really trying for the past 4 years and I am wondering if its worth me getting checked out for that, I meet my cons on the 22nd April and its something I will discuss.
I cant get my head round this unexplianed thing, there must be something wrong why i cant get pregnant

Thanks again hun xxxxxxxxxx

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs

Friday, March 28th 2008, 2:03pm

Hi Leanne

Sorry for the delay, as Bec39 said I was only told I had a tilted womb during my first internal examination with the Gynaecology consultant and he only realised as he went to wiggle it about and i nearly hit the roof in pain it was at that point he said ahhhhh you have a tilted womb and childbirth will sort that out ( great i though i gotta gett bloody pregnant first lol)

During my internal scans on the iui the nurse that was scanning said that everything was where it should be and that it was not tilted! which i thought was odd as i believed the consultant, she said oh you may have a mobile womb that moves about a lot, but obviously when it came to having the imsemination done my womb was tilted because of all the pushing and prodding the fertility nurse had to do to get the catheter into it (ouch).

I am convinced this was the cause, I has asked if i had hostile cervical mucus which could be killing the sperm that was ruled out and all tests were normal, as Bec39 said untill they imseminated me on 5th March I really believe that was the first time in many years that the egg and the sperm had ever met and all the date keeping when to have intercourse all the cycles of clomid and tamoxifen would never have worked. I think otherwise with only a 15% success rate of iui it would have failed.

Keep nagging your consultant request a thorough internal examination a consultant should be able to tell you if your womb is tilted from a basic internal investigation, Good luck on your journey xxx
AndreaK xx

Reg: Jan 14th 2008

Children: one

Friday, March 28th 2008, 2:44pm

Andrea

I too have a tilted, retroverted womb they called it i think! and i was only told this when my consultant examined me proir to ivf. No-one else had ever recognised this, i felt like a weirdo at first but he said about 30% of women can have it, then i asked my mother and she said her womb is slightly to the left and mine is too! but i think (after reading your story) that when the nhs were investigating us we tried iui but i wasnt scanned or anything, it was done on pure guesswork! and now i believe that the nurse prob never even got the swimmers in the right place!!?? what do you think? I'm on my 2ww at moment after fet but if it doesnt work this time do you think we should try IUI? how much is it? I have a v regular cycle would i still need to take drugs? so many questions! Your story has really opened another avenue for us to follow!!!! thank you! :smile:
Charliegirl :xxx3: ttc 4 yrs 1st ivf attempt BFN dec 07 (2 snow babies ) FET on natural cycle mar 08 blessed with a wonderful [zx127]BFP!! Our beautiful boy born dec 2008! best christmas present in the world!

Friday, March 28th 2008, 4:02pm

Hi Andrea, Thanks for that I will def ask my cons when I see him, Its no harm just to get checked over xxxxxxx

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, March 28th 2008, 4:30pm

Hi ladies, just wanted to say that we've had quite a lot of discussion on this tilted womb thing, so if you try a search for 'tilted' or 'retroverted' you may find some stuff to put your minds at rest xx

oops, edited to say that I have a retroverted womb (not sure if it is fixed or not) and have now conceived twice.
my mum also had a fixed retroverted womb and never had trouble conceiving.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JENSQUI" (Mar 28th 2008, 4:32pm)

Reg: Aug 29th 2007

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 3:15pm

Your story has just brought a big smile to my face. Just goes to show there is a lot of hope there.
Congratulations and i hope everythin goes well for you
Xx

Me: 31 DH: 32
TTC 14 months
Results due 4 Jun
Shock BFP 26 May!
9 week scan 25th June - All good, and little beans heartbeat going ten to the dozen!
12 week scan done!
21 Week scan - a little girl!!

Baby Robyn Louise Matthews born 9 days early on the 18th January 2009 at 0048.
Absolutely Perfect Xx

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 4:57pm

What a fab story, congratulations x
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Katy

Ace

Reg: Jun 7th 2007

Children: 1 daughter!

Wednesday, April 2nd 2008, 8:51pm

Congratulations. Phew, 3 years of waiting you must be so happy!

I'm in the same boat to be honest, I have a tilted womb which I was told about when I had a smear quite a few years ago. I'm classed as unexplained but have been told that it's probably down to my ovarian reserve being depleted.

I've just tested positive, (2 years and 8 months later) but I don't know if it's going to stick as I'm bleeding. But, it's showing me that something CAN happen.

They also killed me when doing my iui as they couldn't find my cervix because of it!!!

Good luck with your scan and hope you have a great pregnancy!

xxx :smile:

1st IVF Oct 07 convert to IUI due to poor response to drugs Bfn
2nd IVF Feb 08 poor response convert IUI Bfn
29.03.08 - Natural Bfp - early loss
Aug 08 3rd ivf BFP!!!
One gorgeous daughter!!!
Trying to recover from Post Natal Depression
Jan 10 Natural Bfp!!! :8o:

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 11:05am

Andrea, thank you for posting that story and for giving so many of us a different view of things and that extra bit of hope!

I had a lap last year and after 5 years of fertility treatment/investigations my new consultant (GOD) found that I only half half a womb and that the missing side had never developed when I was younger. He went onto say that as I already have a child then it was safe to say that this wasnt the reason why I was not conceiving. I do wonder at times whether he may have got that bit worng. Im unexplained infertility also and truly believe like you do that there is an explanation for everything.

My son had to be delivered by C-section because of my womb. He's 6 now and only just found that out! Apparantly, WHEN I get pg again I will have to have another c-section because of this.

Has anyone ever heard of anyone having half a womb before? I know its quite rare. My cons even asked for permission to use the pictures in a seminar. Bizarre!

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Thursday, April 24th 2008, 6:57pm

Hello All Again

Hi All and welcome Donna

Wow half a womb that is really rare but you managed to get pregnant naturally the 1st time, the womans body is a total mystery to me but as you agree im sure there is a reason for everythig.

An update from me today, i attended my 9 week viability scan after my successfull iui and am pleased to say 1 there is only 1 baby snuggling in there praise the lord! i dont have to move lol, i am officially 9 weeks and baby is due on 27th November 12 days after mine, so nice birthday present, we were due to get married on my birthday so that has been postponedtill furthur notice lol.

Triple test for Downs Syndrome due between week 15 & 18 but im going to try and not worry about that too much ive worried myself sick the last 9 weeks and its really not good for you (ask Bec39 lol) or should it be aunty bec 39!

[/url]
AndreaK xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "andreak60" (Apr 24th 2008, 6:59pm)

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 1:31pm

Hi, all
Congrats, Andrea on your success
I just wanted to give some info with regards to a "tilted womb":
Statistics show that 1 in 5 women have a tilted womb and that that, in itself, is not a cause of infertility. I have a tilted womb (I'd known about it for about 2 years prior to TTC and mine is permanently tilted) and my infertility is down to PCOS, my mother's womb was tilted too and she had no trouble conceiving. My doc also never had trouble getting the catheter in for IUI.
The normal direction for a woman's womb is titled slightly forward and, occasionally, upright (total 80% of women) and the rest of us have a womb that is tilted backwards and these are considered "tilted". This causes no trouble unless there are adhesions (the womb is stuck down) and that may cause trouble at or after 12 weeks of pregnancy not in our efforts to conceive.
Anyone wanting detailed info on tilted wombs may do a google or yahoo search for "retroverted uterus"

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Children: Miracle do happen.....

Monday, April 28th 2008, 2:43am

hi andrea,

What a good idea that you put out this thread. I too have a tilted uterus and the doctors don't think that is the cause of out "unexplained infertility". But I blamed myself that I'm not getting pregnant because of my tiltled uterus. We too didn't wait for public funding...paid money to see specialist privately, but we were lucky that our specialist forwarded us funded treatments.

So journey has given me so much hope. I hope that you are feeling good..and yes what a happy 9 months for you....after all you have gone through.

I hope that I will see the BFP soon.

Love

Ali
Have completed....

1. 26km cross-country run Easter 2009
2. Half-marathon on 31st of May 2009
3. Half-marathon on 13th of September 2009
4. Half-marathon on 28th of November 2009

Next is high-country marathon on 13.3.2010

dwarf

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: ds 2yrs

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 1:20pm

firstly congratulations!

secondly, my mother in law is very fond of telling me that an internal at 5 months led to her miscarriage (thye don't do these anymore) and that it was this procedure that tilted her womb. 4 years later she conceived again but only when a diffferent doctor had 're-tilted' her. Don't know how scientifically sound this is - if you knew my m-i-l- you'd know what I mean, but probably worth finding out more about if doc mentions it.
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

Reg: Feb 20th 2008

Children: Miracle do happen.....

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 2:17am

Congratulations dwarf...can see from your ticker that you are on your way to becoming a mummy. Thanks for the info....will read more about it and also find out from doctor my next visit.
Have completed....

1. 26km cross-country run Easter 2009
2. Half-marathon on 31st of May 2009
3. Half-marathon on 13th of September 2009
4. Half-marathon on 28th of November 2009

Next is high-country marathon on 13.3.2010

Reg: May 20th 2008

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 9:03pm

I've found this thread really interesting, congratulation to all with BFP!! :smile:

I've been TTC for 8 months now and have decided I'm going to make an appointment with doc and lie and say I've been trying for a year!! I'm 33 and DH is 42, starting to worry age isn't on our side! I know it hasn't been as long as some of you have been on the TTC journey...how do you survive it?? Every month is an emotional rollercoaster and it just gets harder! ;(

I wanted to ask how you go about getting a private consultation, do you have to ask to be referred by your GP?
Cxx

me 33 DH 42, ttc since Oct 07
DSD 21

Boston, Bully & Diesel - our family of Bulldogs

JENSQUI

Megastar

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 9:13pm

hi there and welcome to FZ!
yep, every month is the same - anticipation, optimism, disappointment... i could chart a calendar by those feelings!
you know, the figures are something like only 60% of couples get pg within 6 months of trying though so don't give up hope of conceiving naturally yet!

when i first saw my gp i was referred to an NHS consultant. the GP sent the letter off in September and my appt came through for....March the next year!!
i couldn't bear to wait that long and luckily had private healthcare so the GP referred me to a private consultant after that.
before any referral, however, the GP is likely to do some tests - bloods to try and ascertain if you are ovulating or not and an SA (semen analysis) for your DH.

p.s. I am in Edinburgh so appt waiting times likely to be about the same for you...

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 10:48pm

Thanks very much, I'm in Linlithgow but my GP is in Falkirk but I can imagine it will be the same waiting times! ;(

Dreading having to say to my DH that he'll need to do a SA, hoping I get a BFP before that happens!! He's very much of the opinion that it'll happen when it's gonna happen :rolleyes: but you know what it's like, every month you think "I'm definitely pregnant this month" :smile:

Thanks again, take care
Cxx
Cxx

DSD 21

JENSQUI

Megastar

Friday, May 23rd 2008, 9:54am

my Dh wasn't too keen but then he also found it hard to see me so upset every month and it had got to the point where action was required!

yeah, i do know what that feeling is like every month. there are a few of us who are trying naturally who chat during the awful 2WW on this thread:

TTC NATURALLY 2WW CHATTER

feel free to come and join us :smile:

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Friday, May 23rd 2008, 6:28pm

I suppose, I'm sure mine's would feel the same!

Thanks very much, will see you in the TTC naturally forum in a few weeks time :smile:
Cxx

DSD 21

dondon

Reg: Aug 28th 2008

Friday, August 29th 2008, 10:26am

Hiya

I have read andreak60's story and I am interested in the fact that they prescribed her Clomid.

I was under the impression that Clomid was for women who did rarely ovulated. Is it prescribed for other reasons?

JENSQUI

Megastar

Friday, August 29th 2008, 11:04am

Yes, Clomid is usually prescribed for people who are not ovulating and/or have PCOS. However, some consultants also try it with those who are unexplained as they think it may 'kickstart' something. There is no firm evidence that this is the case.

BFP Jun 08 - early loss

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 9:40am

Sorry for the late response

Hi all

Sorry for the lack of input on this board lately but the last 5 months have been up in the air. Pregnancy is going really well has it sunk in yet oh yes lol. Only 13 weeks to go as due date is November 27th to think that this time last year i thought i would still be going through the iui or even reached IVF stage. Will keep you all informed of when baby arrives oh and im having a boy! Cant wait and if i dont keep you informed im sure Bec39 will lol
AndreaK xx

Welshbird

Megastar

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 9:49am

Are u saying that im a gossip Andreak!!!!!!!!!!!

The cheek of it lmao

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 3:31pm

God she knows you well :snigger:

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Welshbird

Megastar

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 4:34pm

lmao Gemz LOL .... im hurt an upset now :(

Actually, she does lmao

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 2:29pm

Guess whos back, back again lol

Hi all and once again a huge sorry for not keeping up to date on this board well just an update as Bec39 will already know i have officially 9 days laeft till my little man arrives, however thought i was going into labour last nite but think he was just getting his head engaged for take offbut by god did that hurt! They dont tell you that in the books do they Nooooo lol.

I cant complain tho touch wood i have had a ttrouble free 39 weeks pregnancy so far and now looking forward to a pain free birth hahahaha i will let you know what happens byt then again im sure me old mucker Bec39 will do that for me. Hope everyone keeps positive and remember it can Happen xxxx
AndreaK xx

MrsW

Ace

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: None but so ready to be a mummy

Friday, November 21st 2008, 4:48pm

Hi Andreak60,
I have only just read your post, and firstly wish to congratulate you, and secondly wish you good luck .. it's only a matter of days now, how exciting.

I'm also in the 'unexplained bracket' but your posts have provided hope, so thank you very much for that.

I am currently going though IUI, but i think i will mention at my next appointment about Tilted womb and hostile cervicle mucas because I am not sure if i have been tested for either of them.

The scans do cause some discomort to me, but not sure if that is just natural or the heavy handed nurse !

Congratulations again on your little man. I hope all goes well.

:xxx:

Me 33 DH 34 Unexplained Infertility. Trying for almost 8 years
4 Failed attempts at IUI June 2008 - May 2009.
IVF August 2009. :BFN:
November 15th 2009 .. FET :BFN:
April 2010. 2nd attempt at IVF. Cycle Cancelled.
August 2011: IVF 1 Blastocyst Transferred. :BFN:

Still with hope.

My Diary

Welshbird

Megastar

Friday, November 21st 2008, 7:33pm

Hi Ladies,

Just an update on Andreak ... she went into hosp 11am yesterday, and the poor wee thing is still in labour - she had plans for a birthing pool, but that has been cancelled. She is having regular contractions a few minnutes appart but still nothing .... at last count (12.30pm today) she was still only 3cm dilated :8o: im sure u will all join me in praying that her wee man is born soon :pray: ... and she can finally enjoy being a mummy ..... i'll keep u updated ....

Bec Xxxx

Welshbird

Megastar

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 9:31am

Oooooooooo Ladies ...

HE's Hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :D :D :D

He was born last night at 9 mins past 9 weighing in at a lovely 7lbs and 7ozs ... im afraid Andreak ended up having to have an emergency c-section - but they are both doing so well. Last i heard from daddy was that mum was nursing the baby while he made the calls ......

Andreak - ur a mammy - and ur my best friend, we have known each other since we were 3 years old, and i know that this is the one thing that you have always wanted so much, a baby - well hun - you've got it now and i couldnt be happier for you. Im only sorry i cant be there to visit you (this living in Northern Ireland while ur in Wales really is comming between us hehe), but i know that Anthony (DH) is doing all that for you. He's a good man chick, i know he takes good care of you, and he loves you very much. Congratulations my love .... i cant wait to meet ur wee man, im so looking fwd to it .... give him a big kiss from his Aunty Bec, love you Xxxxxxxxxx

Reg: Nov 16th 2008

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 5:08pm

Have only just joined on here and it was so nice to read Andreas story from start to finish......I have tears in my eyes !

I am so pleased that your dreams came true, and like mine, many others come true too :smile:

enjoy your son, u deserve him !

keep your fingers crossed for a happy BFP

xx

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: none

Monday, May 25th 2009, 7:20pm

andrea congrats! your story is so inspiring!
ive been ttc for 6 years naturally and bfn, currently on 2nd round of clomid even though all my tests are positive and have regular af,
had a hycosy before i started clomid,and wondered if a hycosy scan would show a tilted womb? as far as i know my results from that were everything fine, its so frustating not knowing, but nice to hear success stories to give me that boost of pma! all the best
bec x x
starsmileBecky x x

Reg: Aug 26th 2009

Children: no children

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 5:47pm

Hi Ladies,

After many tests and investigations my Dr has put me in the unexplained fertility bracket altho Lap&dye did show a blocked fallopian tube, apparently after some "brut force" it cleared.

I have just been referred to an ivf clinic and await my period to go for bloods/scan.

Is anyone else in the same situation? And does anyone have any advice on anything that may help?

jilly-bean.
ME-31 DH-34
TTC 5 YRS
1st ICSI Feb 2010 - BFN :bawl: 2nd ICSI July 2010 - BFP m/mc :bawl: 3rd ICSI Jan11 - BFN :bawl: Our IVF Journey is now over! June 11 Natural BFP m/c :bawl:

MY DIARY

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Children: Aberdeen

Wednesday, September 16th 2009, 7:32pm

RE: Just to give some hope - im sure there is always an explanation!

Hi Andrea

I have only read your first post (am a newbie and am trying to read everyones posts) so i havent read anyone elses comments to your post.

But what a fantastic, inspirational and lovely story - with a BRILLIANT ENDING.

I really do hope everything goes okay for you and you have a fantastic and enjoyable pregnancy.

Likewise myself and my partner have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I have found it hard to accept that the last 4 years of ttc have resulted in no pregnancy especially since we were both 22 when we started trying to conceive.

I am convinced there must be another reason why we havent fallen pregnant but all the tests have came back clear.

I am praying IVF works for us though.

Wonderful story x
TTC Since September 2005, Me & DH both 26; Diagnosis - Unexplained Infertility.
1st round of IVF (fresh) Nov 09 - :BFN:
2nd round of IVF (frozen) April 10 - :BFN:
3rd round of IVF (Frozen) August 10 - :BFN:
4th round of IVF (Fresh) September 11 - xfingers

Welshbird

Megastar

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 9:43am

Hi Lainey ...

Just to update you ...

Andreak had her baby last November .... everything went perfectly, and she now has a bouncing baby boy who is just adorable.

She is also getting married in Nov, (was meant to be last Nov but it was postponed due to her pregnancy) i am her Maid of Honour and i cant wait!! Joe will be 1yr old the day after her wedding and we have arranged a wedding/birthday breakfast for him at the hotel.

I will deff let her know that people are still reading all about her journey, im sure she will pop in soon and update you all.

Good Luck on your journeys :D

Xxxxx

Reg: Oct 3rd 2009

Children: QMC

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 9:52pm

Just read your post. Congratulations!
I'm just doing my first cycle now and in the waiting stage.
I feel sorry that you had to wait so long on the NHS. I had to wait 18 months to see the fertility clinic and had 4 months to get through all the tests but its still less than 2 years since we started trying. I now feel very lucky.
G

MilaR

Reg: Jun 2nd 2009

Children: argc

Thursday, November 19th 2009, 10:27pm

HI there

so waiting game

when you did you have your transfer? at what day?
when is the moment of truth - blood test

i am in the same boat - had my trasfer of day 5 blasto and also waiting now

I started to feel some strange pulling feeling in the lower stomach
Is it normal?

how do you feel?

fingers crossed for both of us!!!

x
Becoming
a MUM!:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: 4 failed IVFs ( with ICSI)
this time - lucky!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE