You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: May 17th 2010

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 8:56pm

That is very strange reasoning on their part, but try not to worry, I had one blast put back in- also on my second cycle- and I can feel him kicking as I type, so just try to have faith in your cinic. I'll have everything crossed for you for the ET!

xfingers xfingers xfingers

Reg: Mar 22nd 2010

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 9:06pm

thanks hun, i will try not to worry. its reassuring to hear that the blastocysts do work, xfingers i've never wanted something so badly but guess i'll have to wait a bit longer and see. Very happy it worked for you though, good to hear the IVF stories that do work.
Will update here when i can again, but got all my bits crossed too for tomorrow.
smile2 smile2
xx
Mel

x

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 10:56pm

Good luck tomorrow hun x
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

pinkgirl

Reg: Oct 7th 2009

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 11:26am

driving and egg collection

Hello Everyone,

I'm due to have egg collection on Monday, i feel a bit down in the dumps, i've got just 2 eggs apparently, on maximum treatment, short protocol, and I'm facing the early menopause soon, I'm only 34, but it's a huge hereditary problem in all females in my family :(. It feels like this is my one and only shot at it.

I sooo want this to work, and i'll try anything, I'm so glad this forum is here, because i feel like my clinic tells me so little. I'm glad i've just discovered on here that your not supposed to have a bath after collection, did'nt know that! I have an electric blanket at night, do you thing i should stop using it? I'm worried it might already have affected my eggs!

I've got a few questions for you,

I live about 2 hours from the clinic, do you think it will be okay to travel all that way home after egg transfer?, my husband will drive, i'll just be a passenger, will the bumpy ride affect it? do you think i should lie down lot's after transfer, can it fall out?

Are you supposed to not drink and eat on the days of egg collection and transfer?, am i supposed to keep a full or empty bladder for these?

Does my husband have to do his part before or after my egg collection?

If anyone has any hints and tips for egg collection and transfer, i'd be extremly grateful, i feel so in the dark about all this.

Many Thanks

Sarah
Sarah

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:14pm

Hi Pink Girl,

Not sure i can help with all your questions but can tell you what i did....

I wasnt allowed to eat on EC day coz i was having a GA but hubby went off to do his bit just before i went in for my EC. On the day of my transfer i was allowed to eat and also needed a full bladder coz they use an ultra sound rather than an internal scan. I was told to sit for 20 minutes afterwards and then was allowed to go home and told to just carry on as normal. I wasnt told about the bath thing so i carried on having baths but if your clinic tells you differently go with what they say.

I know its easier said than done but please try not to worry too much, and remember it only takes one egg :)

Let us know how you get on on Monday xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:27pm

:hi: Pink Girl. I'm afraid I haven't got to EC stage yet. I just wanted to wish you all the best for Monday. Try not to worry too much hun, If you want to lie down for the whole of your 2WW then do so. Do what feels right for you xxx Sending you lots of love & best wishes. As Kat says it does only take on egg , Keep smiling :xxx3: :xxx3:

:goodluck:
Proud Mummy of 4 girls & 1 boy. Surrogate mummy & 4x Egg donor

elaine43

Reg: Aug 10th 2010

Wednesday, January 12th 2011, 2:44pm

Hi Sarah,
dont worry about egg collection or transfer hun...............you will be fine. Dont eat or drink before egg collection if you are having a GA. You can scoff and drink as much as you like after. On egg transfer day you can eat beforehand as no sedation is required for this. You will need to have a full bladder for this but it doesnt take too long. As for your electric blanket, it is ok to use this, and dont panic about driving 2 hours home, we drove 5 hours after ours, and NO the embies will not 'fall' out, it is actually quite hard for them to manouvre out of the womb..............I was a nervous wreck before my egg collection..........(Im a midwife and im used to seeing it from the other side!!!!)..................so if i can get through it, anyone can love!!!

El.................xxxxx

pinkgirl

Reg: Oct 7th 2009

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 8:56am

Thank you all so much for your kind words, I feel much better about it now. I do think this forum is amazing, i don't know how i'd cope without it, my husband refuses to let me tell my family or friends about us going through IVF, he is a very private person, so i have no support. So thanks again to you xxxx.

Sarah
Sarah

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, January 13th 2011, 11:42am

I sooo want this to work, and i'll try anything, I'm so glad this forum is here, because i feel like my clinic tells me so little. I'm glad i've just discovered on here that your not supposed to have a bath after collection, did'nt know that! I have an electric blanket at night, do you thing i should stop using it? I'm worried it might already have affected my eggs!

No i dont think it will affect your eggs, lots of places suggest hot water bottle during the stimming phase but might be worth not using it after tansfer, not hot water bottles after transfer either.

I've got a few questions for you,

I live about 2 hours from the clinic, do you think it will be okay to travel all that way home after egg transfer?, my husband will drive, i'll just be a passenger, will the bumpy ride affect it? do you think i should lie down lot's after transfer, can it fall out?

Yes you will be fine in the car as a passenger. It cannot fall out at all and you dont need to lie down though if you want to rest that is not a bad thin,g, I took a few days off work after to take it easy.

Are you supposed to not drink and eat on the days of egg collection and transfer?, am i supposed to keep a full or empty bladder for these?

I was told a small piece of toast and cup of tea only before EC but I did not have a general.

Does my husband have to do his part before or after my egg collection?

My husband has always does his part before and he needs to abstain 3 days before. But not longer. when did he last ejaculate?
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 5:18pm

Egg Collection

Hi all

I had ICSI in 2005. I had a gorgeous little girl as a result.

However, my sister is having to have ICSI too, her husband only has 1% of his sperm that is not morphed! (Sorry if that sounds wrong!)

Anyway, she asked me if I was put out when I had EC but I really really can't remember at all?

I wondered if someone could help and advise me.

Many Thanks

Vicki x

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Tuesday, March 8th 2011, 5:23pm

Hi there,

It depends on what you might have asked for and what your clinic/hospital/consultant was willing to give. Some ladies are sedated and others (like me who is a wimp) are given a general to put us to sleep entirely. It could have been either. If she is worried about things and would rather a general, it would be worthwhile her asking as early as possible as they have to book you in for different amounts of time etc I think. Also her consultant will be able to talk through all the advantages and disadvantages of either way.

Hope that helps!

hx
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

babybuck

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Children: no

Monday, March 14th 2011, 9:35am

ec

hey all. Having EC done tomorrow sooooooooooooooooo nervous. whats it like :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: [zx005] [zx008]

iui jan 2006 :BFN:
IUI april 2006 :BFN:
IVF happing now

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "babybuck" (Mar 14th 2011, 9:38am)

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Monday, March 14th 2011, 12:59pm

Hi there, well done for getting to EC. It is so scary when it's your first time. It really is nothing to worry about though. You won't feel a thing while they are doing it. You might feel a little crampy afterwards...a bit like period pain but some paracetemol will sort you out.

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck...hope you get lots of lovely eggs...x

LeeandDi

Reg: Mar 1st 2011

Children: None

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 3:09pm

Egg Collection

Hello Ladies,

Hope everyone is well?

Just wondered if you could give me a little bit of advice on egg collection.

I'm having EC on Thursday and they said not to wash with a fragranced product. I've read that eggs don't like any fragrance can anyone let know know a bit more about this?

Also is there anything else I can be doing to ensure EC goes well?

Thanks in advance :| :bath:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, March 15th 2011, 5:58pm

Hi,
good luck on Thursday! babydust

They are right by the way. The volatile chemicals in perfumed products could affect the eggs, so no perfume nor deodorant either.
Also:
no nail varnish (feet or hands)
no eye make up
no contact lenses
wear nice warm socks! It's cold in theatre...
no jewellery anywhere
no body piercing jewellery either

Hope it goes well! xfingers

Reg: Feb 10th 2011

Monday, April 4th 2011, 10:45am

Hello ladies!

I hope your EC went well. I am hoping to have mine maybe next week as i have few more days of Gonal F injecting

I wonder if anyone can help me in relation to how long i need to take Time Off work?
""Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best!!!""

United Kingdom

Monday, April 4th 2011, 5:22pm

Hi there,

It really does depend on how you feel and what you believe to be right. Some people go to work the day after EC and then a couple of days after ET. Some take time off throughout. I know that I like to take time off from EC right through to OTD and then I feel that I have done everything I can do to make things work out! Having said that, lots of women go back the day after and they still get their BFP!

There can be a little discomfort after both EC and ET but not really that much in my experience. Just do what you feel is right.

hx
3 X ICSI

Reg: Sep 11th 2010

Thursday, April 7th 2011, 10:08pm

What happen to dh?

Hi girls,
I am finally back in the game and have started stimms this week. I will have my first scan next Tuesday but am trying to plan for ec as the nurse said it would be on Monday 18/04. I just wanted to know how things work for DH? When does he have to go in to do his part? Can he be there with me during the procedure? I believe I will have a general anaesthetic.
The only problem we foresee is that dh is working on night since Friday 15/04 for 4 days and attending a conference during the day until Sunday. So I am very worried that he might not be able to perform on Monday 18/04 because he will be exhausted. Do you think this can affect the treatment? It is hard for him to change shift and because he is the only one working at night, he cannot be absent.

He will finish his shift at 7.00am and need 30min to come home. Do you think it will be ok? What time do you usually go in?
I am trying to get him to go to see the gp to get a sick note but he is having none of it! I had enough trouble to get my self sorted at work, and now this is worrying me!

Your thoughts would be really appreciated.
Namea

TTC since August 2008
Me (33): low AMH
DH (35): low [zx151] motility
Started IUI in October 2010
1st IUI didn't take. 2nd IUI abandoned cycle.
April 2011 IVF/ICSI :BFP:
[zx076] [zx076] seen on 18/05/11 xfingers
28/06/11 twins are growing well
bab21 and bab22

United Kingdom

Friday, April 8th 2011, 3:05pm

Hi there,

I am not sure of the exact times but my DH is there from the time we are supposed to be at the clinic to the time that we leave. It is quite important if you are having a general to make sure you have someone to drive you home.

I think that the clinic I use say his 'stuff' ought to be no more than 3 days old but I do not have the documents here so I can't confirm that. So, basically that means he/you both will need to 'do something' a few days prior to the EC! I am always told not to [zx084] (without protection) throughout so it might have to be in other ways....if that makes sense!

I am pretty sure DH always gets asked to do his bit prior to me going for EC....although I am not sure this is the same everywhere.

I am not sure that exhaustion is a concern but he does have to be there! It's the least he can do!

Good luck!

hx
3 X ICSI

Reg: Sep 11th 2010

Friday, April 8th 2011, 7:35pm

Hi Hayley

Thank you for your reply.
It is exactly what I told my DH, he must be there but it seems that he just want to go in and out!
I don't think he understands the treatment fully this time as we only went through iui before, which doesn't require any anaesthetic or rest.

I didn't know about the 3 days old?? We were told not to do anything for 3 days before ec but i might have misunderstood?
I was wondering about them not being good if there was no action for a while before ec though? I will read the booklet and check with the clinic.

Thanks again

xx
Namea

TTC since August 2008
Me (33): low AMH
DH (35): low [zx151] motility
Started IUI in October 2010
1st IUI didn't take. 2nd IUI abandoned cycle.
April 2011 IVF/ICSI :BFP:
[zx076] [zx076] seen on 18/05/11 xfingers
28/06/11 twins are growing well
bab21 and bab22

Niki4b

Reg: Feb 4th 2017

Saturday, February 4th 2017, 9:15am

Confused

I'm new to this site and IVF but an avid Google master

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE