You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 18 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "tracey10" started this thread

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 7:05pm

So happy but what's next?

:bye: I hope I have put this in the right place if not sorry.

I can't believe how today went. My DH had his appointment with a Urologist today. We have both been dreading it, We were told at my Gynae appointment in Feb that he had a low sperm count, I have PCOS and not ovulating. So today we were just expecting his urologist to say," yes you have a low sperm count and IVF or IUI is the only treatment", as this was what my consultant told us.

How wrong we were. My DH was told his count was a little lower than it could be, but motility etc was great happydance, so there is no treatment needed. His words were "you don't have a problem". I could of kissed him and feel like having a :party:.

I have a few questions though, Does this mean that now its only me that needs sorting out? What is the next step? I know I have to get another appointment with my gynae, is the next step getting my cycles sorted and then clomid?

Sorry about the questions but these things weren't explained to us, it was just a case of you need IVF good bye! so I really don't know.

:thanx: for reading this. :xxx3:

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 7:30pm

Sorry i have no advice

BUT it really does sound very positive....

Wishing you and your DH all the best going forward

x
me 38 DH 45 - unexplained infertility and ttc for 4 years ,Mar 07 -Missed m/c
4 attempts at Clomid - BFN (Jun , Jul, Aug, and Nov 07)

Apr 08 - ICSI - BFN
Oct 08 - ICSI - BFP

Baby boys born on 29-May-09

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

Children: if only!

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 7:46pm

The next step is usually clomid in order to 'sort' your cycles so that you are ovulating - but its best practice to check your tubes first before prescribing it (so you would usually expect an HSG), and when you get the prescription, you normally have to wait for AF to show, or if you don't get AF you take a progesterone pill for about a week so that you get a withdrawal bleed when you stop taking it - and then you can start the clomid on day 2ish of your AF.

If your clinic are good they will give you monitoring scans to check that the clomid is working, or at least 'day 21' bloods to check that you have ovulated. If no ovulation on the lowest dose of clomid after 3ish tries, then you try the same thing again on a higher dose (a low dose is always tried first because you don't want to take the risk of being overstimulated).

good luck

Mousie x

• "tracey10" started this thread

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 7:59pm

:bye: Thanks for the advice,

I had an HSG done last year and that came back as everything is fine. The urologist did say to my DH, that I should be checked to see if eggs are being released!! what does this entail?

:goodluck: with your TX.

Thanks again blowkiss :xxx3:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tracey10" (Mar 12th 2008, 8:00pm)

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 8:11pm

Tracey,

What a clever DH!!!!!!!

Good luck hun.

Gemma

:xxx3:

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 18 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE