You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

maevey

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: 1 darling 3 yr old boy

Friday, January 16th 2009, 10:29pm

RFC

:smile:hi bec

yes went the following day to the royal and got all the notes. all approx 200 pages of stuff......all a load of crap really. yea couldn believe i got them so quick. again went in through the front door past all the rubbing bellies mammys and into that wee stuffy waiting room,(i was thinking what u said), 3 couples awaiting their dream but no one looks at u ,everyone afraid to open their mouths. but w'ere all in the same boat why does noone talk to each other? i wish i had of met some of u guys in that waiting room

anyway the guy called me and said here u go and i said thanks and out i went sort of relieved to b out of there.

i have a buzz going on now waiting on the app for origin, only fri the GP sent the refferal so hopefully i will know more this week. :smile:

im glad your thinking positive bout having another go. is it too soon or do u feel ready to go again as soon as?/? :smile:
maevey

Faith

Reg: Jan 14th 2009

Children: RFC

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 12:02pm

Hi Girls! :P

Thanks for making me feel welcome. I typed a very long post the other day to thank you all etc and just as i was nearly ready my computer showed up with a fault and i lost the whole thing - gutted! :cross:

Maevey - i wish i had the funds to go elsewhere but unfortunately my job ended last OCT and i have only just started a minimum wage job which i hate! I'm glad your first tx at RFC was a success. Maybe there's hope for me. Good luck with Origin too!

Keeza- not long till your injections! You'll be joining the mums before you know it!

Bec39- What can i say hun, except that i am sorry for your loss. I'm sure it will leave a wee empty space in your heart for a long time to come. Good luck for cycle 4!!! Willl think of you.

Well, I'm under Dr Williamson for my 1st go at ICSI, when my go eventually arrives. I only get one go Bec39. I thought everyone only gets one NHS go if registered in 2007?

I understand the whole thing about people being frozen on the list due to health precautions etc and i don't begrudge them that for heaven forbid it could happen to me. The bit i don't understand or can't get my head around is that not only is there a list for each board but inside that list there are more lists ie for IVF and ICSI. :rolleyes: How come IVF moves faster than ICSI? I have been 14th since 4thNOV ICSI while someone else i know was 23rd IVF. They are now 10th on list and i am still 14th! I'm happy for them that they have moved but i can't get my head around there list jumping 13places whilst my list dosen't move. We're both on the same board. ;( ;(

Faith

Reg: Jan 14th 2009

Children: RFC

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 12:03pm

:O Sorry, ----

Helloooo to anyone i missed, including any other new folk like me. xx

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "Welshbird" started this thread

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 4:30pm

Hi faith :)

IVF moves quicker cos ICSI takes more time and money (??)

Put it like this ... IVF is more 'popular' than ICSI ... so - if they only have (for instance) 5 girls on for IVF and 2 girls on for ICSI - they will do the IVF until there are enuff ICSI girls ... stupid i know, but thats the bloody NHS for you ... complete bollacks if u ask me ... i know there must be more ICSI girls so why your stuck at number 14 i havent a clue .... i wud ring them and ask them why u havent moved up the list but yet ur friend who was further on than u - has! I know it can be frustrating to wait (undestatment) but apart from keeping on at them (which wont move u up the list) its best just to wait for that important letter hun .... im sorry theres not much else i can say or do to make it any easier for u ... are u thinking of having any self funded goes (private) ???

Helloo to everyone else .... it was a bit :blizzard: and :windy: here last night - i hope ur all ok ... i know that near us all the electric was out, glad that didnt happen here, altho we had the candles out ready ...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Welshbird" (Jan 18th 2009, 4:30pm)

Reg: Aug 8th 2008

Children: m/c at 14 wks 2007

Monday, January 19th 2009, 2:34pm

Hey Girls
Just thought I would pop in here and say hi...Becs your info posted above about Origin was really really helpful...I am on my 6th cycle of Clomid and havent a clue what will happen after that....have to see my consultant Dr Ramez in Laganvalley this week so hopefully I will know more then....I think that IVF may be the next stage and Origin is prob where we will go...my SIL had brilliant luck there... twins!!
We have started saving just in case...has for the weight loss I need to do the same am the same height and weight as you!! so its good to know they accepted you....

Anyway hi to everyone else and best of luck over the next wee while.
Take care
A
8 X BFN Clomid & Metformin
9th round - Mar 09 150 Clomid :BFP: SHOCKED

maevey

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 10:12pm

consultation

hi bec
finally got app for origin on march 5th. filled out al forms and posted back confirmation of app. rang also so just 2 bloods to be done by gp b4 i go so wil get them done next week or so and have FSH results with me. REALLY REALLY worried about BMI it said to calculate it and it should be less than 33 and mine is 34........... i didn say on phone, or should i ???? i just cant stop worrying if me and DH arrive down there and they say we cant go ahead i wil just fall to pieces.. i have said to myself i have 1 MONTH to get lbs off... but still i am sitting on this net with a cup of coffee and a curly wurly. why is life such a bitch.

hope u r feeling ok and positive

thanks for your help
:O :O :yumyum:
maevey

Reg: Feb 18th 2009

Children: Girl 17, Boy 15 and baby Jessica

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 1:48pm

RE: consultation

Hi I'm Tracie, good luck with the consultation and the weight loss. New to this site today and a bit unsure how to use it so forgive my lack of ettiqette if necessary. Waiting for my period to start today or tomorrow so I can go to the Royal and get started. This is my first time so really apprehensive about what lies ahead.
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN
ICIS April 2009 :BFP: :shocked:

http://www.TickerFactory.com/

Welshbird

Megastar

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 4:00pm

Arghhhhh i filled out a huge post, an i lost connection X(

Tracie, hi & welcome blowkiss

I too am from Armagh, Oooo an i have 2 girls (a wee bit older than ur boys by look of it) i have done 1 cycle with the Royal, but my others have been at The Origin .... we got lucky last go, but i sadly m/c at 8weeks .... we going for our 4th go soon (April/May) any questions u have - ask away, im here to help all i can :)

xxxx

maevey

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 9:18pm

RE: consultation

good luck tracie
keep positive, ask plenty of questions, and get the ball rolling....
who is your consultatant i hope they r nice.
keep us posted :smile:
maevey

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 12:32pm

Hi All,
Well have started with my nasal spray yesterday so the process is finally underway. Have to own up to being very nervous about injecting myself, I hate pain ans also am very nervous about the egg collection if we get that far. Can anyone advise what to expect?
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

Welshbird

Megastar

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 12:38pm

Hi Tracie :wave:

The injections are easy hun ... You are with the Royal yes??? Then u are on Puregon am i right? Thats the pen and they are easy peasy!! They dont hurt either - i remember not being able to sleep for days before the first one, after DH pricked me for the first time (pardon the pun lol) i was like - are u sure u did it - i really did worry about nothing.

The EC at the Royal is a bit different from other places. Im with the Origin and they sedate you and im always away with the faries, so relaxed. The Royal just give u pain killers and u are aware of everythign going on - BUT - it is also a good thing. You dont feel no pian - just the humility of laying there wide awake with legs in the air ... at least when ur sedated, u dont know hardley anything lol. The recovery with the Royal is quicker too as there was no sedation .... the nurses there are lovely, and the Dr's too .... you will be just fine hun .... how long u sniffing for???

xxx

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 12:58pm

Hi Becky, thanks for that. Yeah I'm using the pen but its Gonal that i've been prescribed. Have started the spray yesterday and have to continue with it throughout. Ist injection is 7 April and 1st scan 12 April.
What about you? I see by your details that you are going for ICIS in May or June, your 4th try? I really hope it works out for you this time.
Tracie
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

Welshbird

Megastar

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 1:33pm

Thanks Tracie ..

I used Gonal F pen the 3rd cycle and we got 15 eggs, so its good stuff ;) Injections and the sniffing thru out is what most women have, altho i opt for the injections instead of sniffing all the way thru. I dont like the tht of sniffing every so often, and 1 injection in the morning and its all over for the day ...

Yes this will be our 4th go ... 1st one was at Origin, we got 12 eggs, just fertalized 2 = bfn, 2nd go was free go at The Royal we got just 1 egg = BFN. Our 3rd go was back at Origin, this time we got 15 eggs and got our BFP. Sadly at our 8wk scan was told baby had died at 6 an half wks, we were devastated .... so here we are waiting for our 4th and final attempt ... we got pg once, we can do it again i have every faith in the clinic ....

xx

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 1:50pm

Must have been really hard for you to deal with so many disapointments, you must be a very strong person to keep on going.
I agree with you the spray is a pain and most of it seems to dribble down my face anyway, but what do I know, ha,ha
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

Welshbird

Megastar

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 2:02pm

LOL @ Dribble - im sure its just fine hun, a lot of ladies here sayt hat they have colds or blocked nose and they are convinced its not going up their nose but comming down like yours lol - but wotever needs to get to where it does - does :)

Beautiful day here today ... im stuck at work tho :( roll on the summer i cant wait!

How are u feeling so far? I see u have 2 children - so do i, mine are 18 (going on 28) and 20 (going on 5) :snigger: xxx

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 2:23pm

Yeah, your kids sound like mirror images of my own, lol. I feel fine so far, DH is glad the mood swings haven't started yet, but I can tell he's waiting, lol
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

roxy121

Reg: Mar 11th 2009

Children: belfast

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 8:24pm

:smile: :smile: :smile: Hi Everyone,

Just wondering is there anyone who can help me, ive been referred to rvh got my first appt last sept with prof mcclure filled in all the forms etc got all my tests etc done hiv etc but im not sure what to expect as in waiting lists rather confused :8o:

Would love some of yous gals to help me, feel rather alone in this dont know what to do??

Good Luck to all yous gals on whatever step yous are at xx

maevey

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 2:53pm

rvh

hi
at the moment the Royal hospital waiting lists are so behind i think its all about staffing issues., mayb docs and nurses have left their job and have not been replaced yet or mayb because of the ecominic situation they have no money to replace them..

i have been phoning them a year now to c what the story is and noone can tell me anything. so recently i recieved a letter to say that the lists are behind and they MIGHT be able to offer me a slot june/july 09 but i have already changed clinic and waiting for a consultation app this thurs at origin , so ill wait til thurs and c how i get on and then contact them to take the offer or not... yes i know its a torture but i really dont know what to advise u.

it prob depends on private or NHS/ IVF or ICSI....
keep phoning them or get referred back to your consultant
keep posted
is this your first treatment and any children? :smile:
maevey

gilly117

Superstar

Reg: Jun 27th 2012

Monday, March 16th 2009, 6:01pm

hey all

just came across this site today its great to see so many ni girls here dont feel so alone anymore lol similiar boat to yous on waiting list for icsi since dec afraid to ring to see were we are got a feeling not to far but as they say good things come to those who wait goodluck to everyone

xxx

roxy121

Monday, March 16th 2009, 6:22pm

RE: rvh

thanks for your help,

you know im scared to phone ive was so excited to have been consulted by a doctor and now i hear all your stories i dont know what to do its a disgrace the way they've been treating everyone :cross: :cross:

although i new that the waiting lists where long so i wasnt expecting an appointment for a good while.

im going to phone them 2mrw see how i get on, im on nhs so goodness knows how long it is xx

keep me updated on your appointment

hi to everyone :P

Wednesday, March 18th 2009, 10:39am

Don't know if this is of any help, We were refered to the RVH Jan 08 and told we needed ICIS and waiting list for NHS patients was 12-18 months. I cheched with them in Oct 08 and was told it would be still about 12 mths?
Then out of the blue, got a letter at the beginning of Feb to say we were at the top of the waiting list and to go for HIV/Hep tests. Was called back down 2wks ago and started treatment a few days later.
Hope this is of some help. :smile:
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

roxy121

Wednesday, March 18th 2009, 8:14pm

thanks for your help ive managed to get the review centre number so going to call them 2mrw im absolutley fed up sitting waiting on that letter or call from them so time to do something about it now.

ive had all my tests done day 3 and hiv tests etc done i dont know what the hold up is!! :rolleyes:

When you where called up in oct was this your first appt with them ? i was called up on sept last year but i signed the forms etc but not told what was happening!! ?(

gilly117

Superstar

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 7:55pm

hey there

dh phoned rvh today to see if we had moved any on waiting list (not thinking we had moved much) we were 36th on list in jan treatment due november today wait........ for it we are 13th on list treatment due july so excited

xxx

Friday, March 20th 2009, 10:09am

Hey Gilly
Great news for you!!
A

Friday, March 20th 2009, 10:46am

Congratulations Gilly, I bet you are both so excited, I wish you the best of luck.
Tracie :happy:
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

gilly117

Superstar

Friday, March 20th 2009, 7:42pm

thanks girls yeah we are over the moon roll on the summer :smile:

xxx

Reg: Mar 9th 2009

Children: Craigavon

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 5:14pm

Hi

I started out in Belfast with Prof McClure. After 1.5 years of waiting in endless queues and never getting through to anyone, he told me I could have my IUI. Then after three months, was told by an underpaid teenager who didn't really care/understand that my health auth wouldn't pay for it (sorry, computer says no). Prof M phoned Craigavon and they said they would accept me and there was no queue. That was last July - had to wait in queue to actually see the consultant, was passed to a private practice in Oct cos queue so long, they said sorry we don't deal with fertility issues.

After battling on the phone for three months, I finally got the call just before Christmas to go in to see a nurse. Started treament beg Mar and had IUI last Weds, so on 2ww. Have never met the consultant, Mr Heasley, nurses have done everything (and been great)... dished out meds, five scans and IUI. Cross fingers it works...

That's my mismanagement / underfunding rant over :O

Hope all is well with everyone here.

Me 43, DH 38, TTC since July 05, unexplained infertility
3 x IUI Mar, June & Aug 09... :BFN:
IVF consultation Dec, discovered AMH 1.0 pmol/l, so unsure whether to cont pursuing IVF with own or donor egg... ?(

gilly117

Superstar

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 5:44pm

hi loopy

well what a rollercoaster you have been on i have everything crossed for you and that bfp
goodluck

xxx

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 12:04pm

Thanks... think I'm overanalysing every twinge. Trying to stay cool and nearly 1/2 way through 2ww. Had mild cramps most days, bloated, eating a lot, keep feeling I'm coming down with something, ratty... could be PMT... but trying to have PMA instead. :shush:

How are you all?

IVF consultation Dec, discovered AMH 1.0 pmol/l, so unsure whether to cont pursuing IVF with own or donor egg... ?(

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 6:42pm

Hi there, hope it works out for you - sounds like you've been through hell and back. I live in Portadown and didn't even know they done this in Craigavon now, would have been much handier for us rather than driving up and down to the Royal.
Tracie
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

Jillie G

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 7:43pm

New to this forum & to this subject

Hi girls...just read through your conversation from January. This is all very confusing for me. My husband and I have been going through tests since Aug 08 at the Ulster Hosp and have just found out today that we are suitable for ICSI and will be referred to the Royal. Sounds like a really long wait tho - however our DR at the Ulster didn't seem too confident in telling us anything today! How long do you normally wait for initial consultation? How long would it roughly be after that? Can we be on the Royal NHS list and have a go privately at Origin at the same time? Sorry for all the questions - I'm just a blubbering mess today (and to be fair have been for the last year!)
Thanks and good luck to all of you:)
x
Jillie G

roxy121

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:25pm

RE: New to this forum & to this subject

Hi

ive been going to docs since jan 07, was refferred to fertility clinic end of 07 done all the tests etc foind problem with hubby not to sure bout me they say ive a high prolactin level so :bawl: was a mess after hearing this

june 08 got letter to say referred to ivf specialist got appt in sept 08 signed consent forms etc got tests done they asked for and im just waiting now told it would be six month for next review over that now still bloody waiting :sadface:

i hope this helps as i know how hard it is to get information or to know what stage your at !!!

roxy xx

roxy121

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:35pm

prof mcclure

hi there

i hope your treatment is going well, :smile:

ive been referred to prof mcclure went to see him last sept he said i was going to revceive ivf told me to get tests etc done havent heard a peep

rang that flipping hospital more times than enough eventually got through last week only to be told that his review appts are 6month waiting list i asked what stage i was at she basically said I DONT KNOW and practically hung up the phone :cross: :cross: :cross: not happy with this at all i was livid at the way they treat you i wasnt even being rude or anything was very calm in asking a few questions grrrrrrrr

well anyways im just waiting now patiently to see what stage im at next

good luck to you xx

Wednesday, March 25th 2009, 1:53pm

roxy - yes, I really think there's a prob with the way they speak to you at the royal. i think it's because they don't pay enough to get anyone decent - i got that impression from prof mclure too.

tracie - seems very disorganised. my doc gave me choice of craigavon or the royal then i cna't actually have anything done there. more mismanagement and lack of comms...

feeling a bit more positive on my 2ww today, one week to go... :pray: AF doesn't come...

Wednesday, March 25th 2009, 3:29pm

Hey Girls
Sounds like the Royal has been a disaster for some people...I was referred there 2 weeks ago...have 3 more rounds of Clomid and am :angel2: that we dont have to go near the royal....have priced Origin and am gonna go there in the summer if we have too....I really dont think its anything to do with pay...some people are just horrible and have no consideration...I work in the NHS and if you arent happy with how the secretaries are I would complain....if we dont complain then nothing changes
Good luck girls
A

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 8:18am

I just think the girls are too young to even understand how you feel after ttc for years and the reason they are young is that these aren't considered senior posts. But yes, there are nice people in this world whatever age

Good luck with the treatment. I am convinced AF on her wicked way - groggy, sore boobs and bloated belly. uggh!

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 11:02am

Loopy - hope AF stays away!!!! Did you hear the news today about more money being put into fertility services...a good sign.....I wonder does that money include sensitivity training for admin staff :snigger:

A

gilly117

Superstar

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 11:18am

i agree elvis and emotion awareness for certain consulants :snigger: but its good news

xxx

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 5:57pm

Great - more money for more treatments hopefully... it's too much for people to have to wait so long. I was surprised to even get any treatment at all, seeing as I'm over 40 now...(albeit an ageing teenager... 88)) but I was in my 30s when I first went to the doc...
I think it's being in the dark about what you need to know. I might have gone and got all the tests privately (depending on cost) and saved a couple of years, but then not sure I would've got the treatment on NHS then.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "loopy" (Mar 26th 2009, 5:58pm)

roxy121

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 7:07pm

hi everyone

gosh i think we all feel the same bout the rvh :P makes me feel better knowing yous finding it all so stressful too.

ive calmed down a bit this week as i know it hopefully shouldnt be to much longer until my next appt.

did any of yous watch the sperm race on channel 4 ???

to everyone on any meds or taking a test this week good luck to yous all

roxy xx

joli

Reg: Mar 26th 2009

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 10:05pm

Egg donor cycle

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone on this thread knows if there is a waiting list for Origin egg donor and how much the treatment is? Have emailed them and hope they will reply quickly BUT...would love to know.

Thanks a mill

Friday, March 27th 2009, 1:24pm

Health minister has said that if he can access more budget, he will give go ahead for 3 cycles of treatment per couple, but money just not available.
Anyone aware of a petition on the go to try and push this along?
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

Friday, March 27th 2009, 4:41pm

Tracie - I have been told that I get three goes of IUI at Craigavon to start, then chat to the consultant. But I met girls on their 4th and 5th goes, who told me six!?

just got back from visiting my SIL - she gave birth to a beautiful wee boy last night. DH asked to pick him up and fed him...very cute

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "loopy" (Mar 27th 2009, 4:54pm)

Monday, March 30th 2009, 10:05am

Hey Girls

Loopy good luck with the 2WW ..I am nearing the end of mine too!! Have had 8 cycles of Clomid and the doc has recommended IUI as our next step so could be looking to you for some advice!! Hope you get a BFP this month...

I caught the tail end of talk back last friday and some :rant: had phoned in to say that they didnt agree with the money being invested in Fertility treatment and that it should be spent on people who are really sick....I swear..if anyone had see me in my car they would have admitted me!!!!!

Joli - Sorry dont know about the donor wait at Origin...but good luck with your journey

Good luck to everyone else
Take care
A

Kezza

Star

Reg: Apr 21st 2008

Children: Pregnant with baby #1 due 24/11

Monday, March 30th 2009, 5:23pm

Hi guys!!

Just to let you know i got my BFP on my first round of OI at the RVH. I know some of you have bad experiences, but i can honestly say I have had no problems.
I just wanted to post a positive story.
Goodluck on all your journies
xxxxxx
Kezza
DS born 03/12/09

Monday, March 30th 2009, 6:41pm

Congratulations, hope all goes well.
Tracie
Tracie

3 x Clomid BFN

Monday, March 30th 2009, 7:24pm

Wow, congratulations Kezza - have never heard of ovulation induction but really glad it worked for you. Didn't actually have a prob with the consultant at Belfast (Prof McClure) - in fact he was really good and personally sorted the situation out for me. It's the staff and communication that is the prob.

Well, I was getting AF pains so tested early yesterday and, as expected, got a :BFN: and AF has now arrived. Of course I'm disappointed but glad that I'm out of that dark place, the dreaded 2ww - awful, isn't it? I'm looking forward to going back to yoga for a bit, going to the Lakes in England next week and training for the Race for Life in Stormont at the end of May. Then hopefully, I'll do the next round in early June.

Elvisnniamh - didn't hear talkback but DH is - he said people don't see infertility as an illness, "just" a condition - they don't mind treating people for smoking-induced illnesses though! As DH said (or maybe he got it from the programme), it's about creating life not just stopping death.

Good luck!

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 2:00pm

Hey Loopy
I was just at yoga this morning and am also doing race for life in Stormont!! Think am just going to walk and enjoy it with some friends...I hear its meant to be very emotional...I havent done it before but am looking forward to it...Am at the end of my 2WW....I feel demented at this stage...having AF pains and my boobs are mega sensitive so wont be surprised when AF shows up which I have no doubt she will.....
Take care
A

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 2:57pm

Hi ElvisnNiamh
Hope AF stays away - it does drive you nuts, doesn't it? I managed to fall out with my sister just cos she asked me "any news?" Try and stay positive because the symptoms can go either way. I know when AF is coming cos the boobs aren't so sore anymore.
Good luck!

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 3:00pm

Thanks Loopy
Will let you know either way!!
A

29 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

29 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE