You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jun 25th 2011

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 6:20pm

Hi ladies

How's everyone doin?

Linz are you ok?

Deb xx
Me - 30
BH - 32
TTC Since Mar 06
Successful Surgical Sperm Retrival - July 11 [zx151]
ICSI - feb 12 - BFN

Reg: Sep 14th 2010

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 7:42pm

hi debbing hunni how are you? well i made my phone call to nurses the nurses on my otd yesterday to give them my bfn i phoned at 9.30 and it was gone 4 when they phoned me back they told me that i have to have my rubella done before i can start my 3rd fresh cycle we also enquired about having a 3 or 5 day transfer nurse said we have to discuss this with the embryologist but the only time we can do this is on egg collection day xxx

ICSI july2011 :BFN:
FET oct 2011 xfingers

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 9:21pm

Hi Linz. So sorry about your bfn. Why is there always something which delays treatment? I have no idea when I had my last rubella jab, i think it was at school! I'm ok thanks, got a cold but getting no sympathy in this house! I'm hoping it won't have any effect on my embies?!

I'm sure the embryologists will understand if you explain your reasoning xx
Me - 30
BH - 32
TTC Since Mar 06
ICSI - feb 12 - BFN

Thursday, October 4th 2012, 10:02pm

hope your cold goes away soon hunni nurse tried telling me that me 3rd af would be in december i said its not its november !! she said they will start accepting again at end of november due to them closed for another clean up were going to try and push for 3day transfer this time not sure if embryologist will allow this xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 8:20pm

Well, Af appeared today. I wasn't feeling confident at all. As soon as I knew we only got 8 eggs I just had a sinking feeling. :-(

Has anybody ever appealed and got another cycle? I'm going to try my hardest! There's no chance of being able to afford to go private at the moment :-(

Hope everyone else is ok

Xxx
Me - 30
BH - 32
TTC Since Mar 06
ICSI - feb 12 - BFN

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: none

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 12:49pm

blowkiss Hi guys

Deb and linz sorry to hear about your cycles. Im thinking of you both :xxx3:

Deb, how many cycles did they give you? i got 2 . did 2 fresh and 2 frozen all bfn. where unexplained was never offered any different treatment or explanation after all 4, last cycle was march was offered a after care appointment for the summer which i declined was no point. Good luck with your appeal hun.

My update, had a consultation at care in july with the compulsory scan £400 they said for the extra tests etc it will cost around £8000 no point paying £4000+ for standard ivf which we have done 4 times and not worked.

So need to find that money which will not be any time soon :tears:

:party: Clair, have you had your little one yet????? come on! lol been waiting for the good news. :xxx3: :balloons:
Me33 Dh32 TTC6Y unexplained
ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Oct 14 adopted two gorgeous girls
Never looked backxx

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 6:45pm

Hi Chloe

I had 2 cycles but we've never had any frozen embryos. We were messed about on both cycles though so I think I've got good reason to appeal for one more cycle. The worst they can do is say no I suppose

It's so unfair that going private is so expensive, we'll struggle to afford it too. I have been looking at donating eggs, they pay £750 per time but you have to obviously go through all the injecting and egg collection and its such a long process.

Sorry to hear things are going to be delayed for you Chloe. Lets all hope for a lottery win!

Xxx
Me - 30
BH - 32
TTC Since Mar 06
ICSI - feb 12 - BFN

Reg: Oct 23rd 2010

Children: One gorgeous little boy through IVF

Saturday, October 13th 2012, 9:10pm

Hi ladies,

Linzndan- oh Hun I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Life really is bloody cruel. Your time will come, stay strong. Cuddles to you xx

Chloe- hello there, so glad you have had your consultation at care. What are you paying the extra money's for is it immense or array testing? You already know my thoughts on care...I owe everything to them xx

Hope- how are you? And little man of course. Probably not so little anymore.

Dubbing- really sorry to hear your cycle didn't work. Good luck with the appeal...x

Well for all those lovely ladies who I have cycled with over the years. My little baby boy Jenson was born by section on 1/10/12 weighing 7 pounds 4 oz. he's adorable. I still can't believe he's here. Just to give people hope i had 3 failed cycles and I caught on my 4th I have a very very low amh level. So it can happen!!!! So don't give up hope. I hope that every single one of you ladies gets your dream. I have everything crossed for you all xxxx

1st IVF Cycle Dec 10- :BFN :bawl:
2nd IVF Cycle May 2011- :BFN :bawl:
3rd IVF Cycle Sept 2011- Chemical pregnancy...BFN :bawl:
4th Icsi/ARRAY Testing cycle-Dec/Jan - : :BFP: :happy:

baby Jenson arrived safetly on the 01/10/12 baby7

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 11:25am

Im so sorry linzndan and debbing that your treatment didnt work.

Ive been for my screening results yesterday. Iwas told just like you linzndan I have 25% chance. My bloods where 11.4 dont know if thats any good? She said thats ok for my age. I could start next month but the paper work wont have gone threw in time. she said I could try the month after but might get refuse because i will be having my eggs taken christmas week so I would be better to wait till Jan :-( Ive done enough waiting lol I will be doing the long. So here I am back to waiting.
my journey........ mc 1996

ds 1997

1999/2000 x2 ectopic

ICSI, EC 9/1/2013 ET cancelled OHSS

FET OTD 10/06/2013 BFN

FET transfer 6/9/2013 ?????

shin1560

Reg: Aug 25th 2012

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 11:34am

Hi Tinkerbell,

I am still waiting for a letter to get my results its been 7 wks now i called the hopital and they said they have just got end of aug/sept results back and are going through them so i will have an app nov or dec, so looks like i might be starting treatment in jan with you. was it your fsh thats 11 ? did they tell you any other results , how old are you if you dont mind me asking. I have just turned 36 ;) x

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 11:37am

Hi shin thats brill news we can moan together ha ha

I have no idea what the numbers are she told me loads and thats all i could remember my head was swimming. I went blank when I got in there. write all questions down before you go to yours wish I did!

Ive turned 34 :) x

ds 1997

1999/2000 x2 ectopic

FET OTD 10/06/2013 BFN

Saturday, October 20th 2012, 10:55pm

hi ladies congrats claire 9months did pass real quick :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
it looks like my 3rd af will fall end of november when im requesting but checked dates and it looks like i will also run into the xmas week ahhh dont really wanna wait another month me n dan are ready to go for this last cycle we are already having talks about going private next year i just wish i knew why this isnt working keep thinking what am i doing wrong i lost 6 embryos last time due to going to 5 day dan does not want this to happen this time round he wants a 3day transfer like he said you did get a bfp from that but sadly turned into a chemical bet them nurses are sick of seeing me down there 5th transfer this will be xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Reg: Oct 23rd 2010

Children: One gorgeous little boy through IVF

Monday, October 22nd 2012, 8:57pm

Hi linzndan,

It's such an emotional roller coaster ride isn't it. Don't give up hope, I had four fresh cycles before I got my positive. I know it's so so hard. I'm hoping and have everything crossed that this will be your last cycle hun. Sending lots of baby dust your way. I went to care for my private cycle after I had all my nhs cycles at SM and they were great certainly recommend them. Ill keep popping by to see how your getting on.

Xxx

1st IVF Cycle Dec 10- :BFN :bawl:
2nd IVF Cycle May 2011- :BFN :bawl:
3rd IVF Cycle Sept 2011- Chemical pregnancy...BFN :bawl:
4th Icsi/ARRAY Testing cycle-Dec/Jan - : :BFP: :happy:

baby Jenson arrived safetly on the 01/10/12 baby7

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 3:57pm

hi ladies thank you claire got a call today of ivf dr at sm and she wants to do a hystereoscopy on me as ive had 4 transfers then we will be doing a fresh cycle she said she wants to have a look at my uterine lining so waiting on appointment for that hope it doesent take to long to arrive xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Reg: Mar 3rd 2011

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 8:46pm

hi, linz. didnt want to read and run, but i too (as you will see from my past posts) had a hysteroscopy at sm due to 4 failed implantations and 3 failed iui. unfortunatley i have not been well, so treatment has been delayed for me, but they have also now from it refferred me privatley to a Dr in coventry for uterine nk tests, and having further level 1 immunology and clotting tests done. then hopefully i can then go ahead with my last nhs cycle with more success. they have since put me on metformin long term too.
Me 33 pcos/endo
DH 37
08 - clomid
09/10 - 3 x iui
2011- 1st ivf bfn
2011-fet x 3 bfn

2013 ivf Liverpool -ohss (11 blastos in freezer! ) :thumbsup:

toonxter

Reg: Oct 30th 2012

Children: None yet, plenty soon

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 4:05pm

St Mary's Hospital Manchester

Hello Everyone,

I am a new bee, hope you don't mine me joining.
I am new to the entire process and was hoping some one could help me.
I was referred to SM last year and after doing series of tests, scans, etc the doctor discussed our results and said we were better off having an ICSI procedure since there is a male factor.
We have filled the forms and returned them.
I got a letter asking us to carry out blood tests and scan for me. Could anyone tell me how close/far i am from the actual procedure? I would also like to know what the mean by i am only entitled to one cycle since due to my residence?

Any help rendered will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 8:14pm

hi, toonxter, welcome to the crazy journey, and good luck. from what i remember once you have had your scan and bloods, you can request treatment on your next period, however with christmas coming up you would need to check the clinic isnt closed. One cycle is one egg collection, but as many frozen cycles as you have embryos left. If you are on a short protocol it is only 4 weeks from beginning to test day, and a long protocol is between 6 and 8. The injections really are not that bad and egg collection you will know nothing about as sedation is a wonderful thing! they ring you the day after egg collection and let you know how many have fertilised and then will do either a 3 day or 5 day transfer, which is just like having a smear, then any embryos left will be frozen. good luck, dizzy jane.
Me 33 pcos/endo
DH 37
08 - clomid
09/10 - 3 x iui
2011- 1st ivf bfn
2011-fet x 3 bfn

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 1:42pm

hi jane how long did you wait for your appointment im so impatient lol was u sedated ? cant remember if she said im being sedated or not xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 11:38am

hi linz. i completed last cycle last november, saw consultant in may then had hysteroscopy in september. it was done in the main st marys hosptital under GA. it is a waiting game, n now they are sending me for nk testing so yet more waiting :( Hope you hear something soon xx
Me 33 pcos/endo
DH 37
08 - clomid
09/10 - 3 x iui
2011- 1st ivf bfn
2011-fet x 3 bfn

Monday, November 5th 2012, 2:38pm

hi jane ive just recieved my appointment to see the dr in the main hospital what happens at this appointment and will they send me another appointment out for the procedure aftr iv seen the dr thanks for your help xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 11:25pm

hi linz, in my circumstance, i was told i would be having a uterine biopsy and curretage during hysteroscopy as well as looking for any abnormalities, so needed a GA. so i had a consultation first in outpatient gyne unit, then had my pre op 3 weeks before the op. A hysteroscopy its self is just an investigation, it is not as invasive as the laperoscopy, therefore think i had the GA because of what they were doing during the hysteroscopy. sorry i cant help more, maybe ring them and ask if you need any form of anaesthesia. xx
Me 33 pcos/endo
DH 37
08 - clomid
09/10 - 3 x iui
2011- 1st ivf bfn
2011-fet x 3 bfn

Reg: Nov 14th 2012

Children: Babyangel Ethaniel born asleep June 2005 xxx

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 6:25pm

Hi Everyone, Im brand new here... so please be gentle ;(

Ive been postin on Babycentre but they wont let you discuss actual clinics so found this one where we can be open & honest (phew)

We had a failed cycle in September and have an appointment for a review in November. The appointment was initially with Dr Arora but my GP insisted that i get in front of the consultant as we have a few issues... (strange diagnoses, misplaced notes, mis information about drugs and appointemnts to name a few) have any of you met Dr Edi-Osagie? What is he like?

My St Marys experience has been horrid and we are looking to go elsewhere next time, but we obviously need to get the review out of the way first, but Im dreading it. :S :S :S

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 11:19am

welcome tigga ive not seen a dr since 2009 apart from the phone call the other week ive never had a review with dr after a failed cycle i was going for an appointment on 3rd of jan with another dr to discuss my hystereoscopy only yesterday i got a new appointment letter to say it has been cancelled and now my appointment isnt until the 22nd of jan i feel like im never going to get this 3rd cycle done and im wondering why when the dr phoned me she didnt mention my chemical pregnancy on my 3rd transfer she just said you have had 4 transfers and its not worked my only guess is when i phoned the nurse with the result and she told me i had a chemical that she hasnt written it down in my notes!!!xxxx
hope you are all well xxxxxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 12:59pm

Hi Linz, thats terrible! We received an appointment forthe registrar and I phoned up and insisted that I saw the consulatnt, which they begrudgingly made an appointment for..... Ive been really dissappointed withthe treatment at St Marys, but I kknwo that there are success stories.. my Niece had her DD through St Marys IVF....

I cant beleive you havent seen a doctor since 2009.... are you an NHS patient? I didnt realise that you can reqeust to transfer your funding (which we intend to do)

H xxxxxxx

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 1:49pm

hiya yeah im an nhs patient they have delayed my 3rd cycle with sending me for a hystereoscopy were i reckon is not going to take place until around march 2013 i knew you could try and get sent to care but didnt know what reasons you had to have xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 2:56pm

From what Ive heard there are quite a few independant clinica that have NHS contracts and you dont have to go where they refer you from the outset. We were just never told as we wouldn't have entertained St Marys based on their HFEA statistics, but were no wiser. Im just thankful that we have another cycle on the NHS and can hopefully have a better experience with a more positive outcome (11 eggs with non fertilisation was incredibly gutting - and then having to wait 10 weeks to speakto a doctor even more so)

Im seeing my GP and talking him through the experoience and getting him to support my request, so that will add some strangth to my request - but we havent had the go ahead, so we might get knocked back ... but I hope not

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 3:54pm

i have just got of the phone to care manchester she said i need to phone my local pct about transferring to care manchester but she did say she didnt know what would happen due to me going for a hystereoscopy she said tameside and glossop do tend to transfer patients to care manchester but i would need to speak to st marys if i wanted transferring to care due to my hystereoscopy she did say i could be refused the last cycle if i did not have the hystereoscopy done not sure what to do now ??? xxxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 4:28pm

Is she recommending that you have the procedure done at St Marys and then look at transferring afterwards? because thats what it sounds like to me....

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 7:14pm

Hi ladies

Linz, really sorry you're having to wait so long. I hope it'll be worth the wait.

Quick query - does anyone know if Manchester pct allowed 3 cycles in march 06????
Me - 30
BH - 32
TTC Since Mar 06
ICSI - feb 12 - BFN

Friday, November 16th 2012, 11:20am

yeah i think she wants me to have the procedure done first then transfer to care xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 7:06pm

Hi all :hi:

Hoping to be back on the roller-coaster either this month (I don't expect to be accepted though) or next month unfailingly.

Looking forward to circle buddies ladies and will surely catch up with you all at some point after over 3 months of break of the world of TTC.

All the very best ladies and looking forward to some good news on this thread :pray: grouphug

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 1:44pm

Hi ladies hope you are all doing well?

I finally start treatment soon :)

Been today for scan and bloods! scan showed 18, 9 on each side. dont if that good or bad? got 13 last time.

If the bloods are ok I have my first injection on the 15th excited and scared cant decide which lol

ds 1997

1999/2000 x2 ectopic

FET OTD 10/06/2013 BFN

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:44pm

hi ladies welcome back holly :) xxx
hi tinkerbell great news that your starting soon all exciting from here which protocol are you doin?xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Wednesday, November 28th 2012, 8:44am

Hi Im doing the long.

ds 1997

1999/2000 x2 ectopic

FET OTD 10/06/2013 BFN

shin1560

Reg: Aug 25th 2012

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 2:04pm

Hi all, i

Well i havent been on here for a while as was awaiting my screening results from st marys which i had on Thursday. I have been in shock ever since as they have refused to treat me as my amh is only 0.97 ,i had a feeling it would be low but not that low. So the consultant told me quite cold and clinically that my only options would be a donar egg or adoption . When i started crying she looked at me and just said would you like me to continue , nice eh , i understand she has a difficult job telling ppl news like that but the way in which she done it was pretty damm cold with no real sympathy. Anyway I have to now wait till the 11/1/13 to see a counsllor. I think i am gong to look at the egg donar route i have asked my doctor to write to salford pct to see if they will fund a donar cycle, I have noone to give me eggs so will be looking at care in manchester for the egg donation. god this is a nightmare i havent been at work since just cant stop crying. Has anyone else been in a situation like this if so i would love to hear from you.

Good luck to all you other ladies that are going through treatment at the moment.xx

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 4:15pm

Shin Im so sorry dont know what to say but didnt want to read and run. Hope you get some good news after the appointment xx

ds 1997

1999/2000 x2 ectopic

FET OTD 10/06/2013 BFN

Monday, December 31st 2012, 8:20pm

Hi Shin, sorry about the news and the atitude of that doctor which to be honest is not ladylike. I'll suggest to pop into the donor forum to get a true picture of what the process is like. All the very best xx

Happy New Year to all lovely ladies on this thread, 2013 will surely be our year! newyear1 newyear6 newyear4

Nicksta

Reg: Dec 29th 2012

Thursday, January 3rd 2013, 12:16am

::P Hi All,

I'm new to this site. Having lost my baby boy last year at 22 weeks, my husband and I are about to start ICSI treatment at St Marys. I'm just beginning my period so i need to make the call to start treatment. I just wanted to know how you have found the process and if you can give me any advice?

Wishing you all lots of luck ttc!!!! Xx

Saturday, January 5th 2013, 9:53pm

happy new year ladies :) well im off to the womens clinic at st marys 2 weeks on tuesday to discuss my hystereoscopy with dr busby hoing to get this done asap so i know whats next xx
welcome nicksta :) nurses are lovely am guessing you have requested treatment now ? and should have a date for your injection training are you doing a long protocol or a short one xxso sorry about your baby boy :xxx:

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Reg: Oct 22nd 2010

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 5:14pm

Hi

Hi everybody
just reading through the last few pages of posts, i hope all you ladies are ok and have had a goo start to the new year. It looks like we might be close to starting out treatment soon i think!

we did our 'pink proforma' tests the blood tests, scan and yet another sample for DH, in Dec (20th) and are just waiting on an appointment to come for the consultant i think and from the sounds of it should then be ready to start some form of treatment. nothing has really been explained to us i am just going from appt to appt hoping the next one is the one were we find out somethign useful.

when is it that you find out wether you need IVF or ICSI? and if you need short or long cycle does this happen at the consultant appt?

thanks
TTC Aug 2008
Male factor April 2010
hoping to start treatment at St Mary's very soon!

Reg: Dec 12th 2012

Children: fingers crossed

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 5:32pm

Hi lady's.

I am new but soon my first set of injections started 25th December. I am on if short. My period was ment to arrive last Thursday so I coul go 4 blood tests but still waiting Arghhhgg!!!!! Xxxxx

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 5:33pm

hi waitingginger welcome :) if i remember correctly it was the nurse that told me i would be doing icsi and that i would be doing a long cycle when we was there signing the consent forms xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 5:36pm

hi welcome diane :) hope your period arrives very soon for you ive had a few delayed ones when on injections xx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 5:45pm

Thanks lizndan.

So stressful. Did they arrive very late. Bit worried as I haven't got many needles left and I live an hour away from Manchester clinic xxx

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 5:50pm

mine were about a week late but if you phone the nurses they will provide you with more needles your a bit like me i live over an hour away from st marys can be a nightmare getting 2 buses there early in a morning xx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 5:59pm

I am lucky I drive but earlier on those week I was unwell and because my local hospital sisnt have a client what my hormone drugs did I had to food all way down to at Mary's xxx

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 6:02pm

it does get tiring going down there all the time what injections are you on ive got lots of medication that i need to take back in this month xx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 6:18pm

I am on buserelin at the moment xx

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 6:23pm

so your on the long cycle then ? ive done both long and short i cant wait until i start my next cycle not sure when thats going to be xx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Sunday, January 6th 2013, 6:28pm

Most likely long but I am sure that my nurse sais short. :-( so u find it hard to get hold of the nurses in a morning xxx

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE