You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 23rd 2010

Children: One gorgeous little boy through IVF

Friday, January 13th 2012, 8:08pm

Hello,

Chloe- Well its fourth time lucky for us both, lets hope 2012 is our year!!! Good news..sounds like you will be cycling very soon. It feels more real once you have the drugs doesnt it? Can you believe it i have EC tomoz....argh!!! x x

Linzndan- How are you hun? x x

Hope- Hows motherhood? Bet you cant stop cuddling him can you? x

Amy- Hello again, nice to see you. Hope your okay?

Vikki- How did you go on today, hope it is good news and you have dates for EC.

Holly- :hi:

Sending love to you all... blowkiss

1st IVF Cycle Dec 10- :BFN :bawl:
2nd IVF Cycle May 2011- :BFN :bawl:
3rd IVF Cycle Sept 2011- Chemical pregnancy...BFN :bawl:
4th Icsi/ARRAY Testing cycle-Dec/Jan - : :BFP: :happy:

baby Jenson arrived safetly on the 01/10/12 baby7

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: none

Friday, January 13th 2012, 8:19pm

blowkiss Hi clair

It has got to be are year god knows we deserve it, im sure ec will be a much nicer experience at care for you luv at least you get your own room and im sure your not catapulted out your bed 5min after, that second ec was awful dont know how i made it back to the car park. They dont give you enough time to recover at sm obviously not the nurses fault they just get told what to do.

Good luck babes let us know how you get on. :angel2:

:xxx3:
Me33 Dh32 TTC6Y unexplained
ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Oct 14 adopted two gorgeous girls
Never looked backxx

Reg: Sep 14th 2010

Friday, January 13th 2012, 10:31pm

hi ladies am doing good got me smear booked for monday for 11.10 hate them things soo much!!! not very confident on my embies making the thaw good luck with ec claire chloe these weeks will fly by for you before you know it it will be transfer :) am so useless at filling my bladder for transfer they had to do it for me its nice to see you all posting on here again was feeling kinda lonely lol xxx

ICSI july2011 :BFN:
FET oct 2011 xfingers

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 10:08am

blowkiss Morning

Linz, The nurse said we have a 60% chance with our 2 embryos and that the odds our in our favour, i think we will get at least one as last time we got 2 out of 3 but no matter what they say it's out of ours and there hands just have to see on the day, and if not you get straight on with your fresh cycle, from what i have read people are giving the same odds for a frozen working as a fresh.

I must be due a smear as well got a letter at xmas but luckily must still have a few months as sm never said anything, hate them dh said well you should be used to it, told him you never get used to someone messing with your bits, or 4th time round the bloody injections hate them as well.

Yeah i think it's quiet on here but it always happens people come and go but there's always the good old gang left.

Clair, thinking of you today, wonder if you have sky on the tv and a mini bar,lol

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 5:09pm

Hello Ladies,

I know i probably shouldnt be posting on here as i am a care lady, but my friends are on here who i have cycled with at sm. So apologies!!!

Chloe- Thank you so much for your kind wishes. I could access my posts yesterday on my phone and saw ur post on Sky and the minibar...you made me laugh! Have to say i absolutley love Care they have been so fantastic. I cant complain about anything which is so good. 60 per cent chance is fantastic hun, i have everything crossed for you.

Linzndan- how you keeping hun?

Hope23- Hope you and baby are doing well, wish we could see piccies. x x

Well i have some fab news i had EC yesterday and got 17 eggs, amazed. i have alow AMH and on my other cycles i got 6,6,and9. Unfortunetly out of the 17 only 11 were mature enough for icsi. But today they called to say that 9 out of the 11 had fertilised. Ims o so pleased. Still got a long way to go i know but i have good vibes. I am actually having Array testing this time so my embies are going to be tesed on day 3. Thank you so much to my fellow cyclers especially chloe, hope, linzndan, thank you for all your kind messages it means so much.

Reg: Mar 31st 2011

Children: Two miracle princesses

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 8:22pm

Really sorry for late reply - I posted a couple of weeks ago and then dissappeared - how rude lol, just been kept quite busy :-)

Hope, massive congratulations to you it brought a tear to my eye reading your post, partly because of the hormones still pumping round my body and also because it brought back memories of my labour - mine was also long and difficult BUT well worth it and I'd go through it a hundred times again if it meant having my babies :-) I hope you're doing ok and healing well and that Harrison is settling into his new home. lots of love to you all xxx

Hi Claire, thanks for asking about me, motherhood is suiting me rather well, must admit that the level tiredness is something i've never experienced before lol!! its great to finally have the girls home after their time in nicu though, it feels fantastic in fact! Really chuffed to read of your egg collection - i too had 9 eggs fertilise (only the 2 survived the 3 days so they put both back). I'm hoping you have success this time hun, got my fingers crossed for you :-) xxx

Hope everyone else is doing well xx
1st ICSI May 2011 - :BFP:

Scan on 29th June - [zx076] [zx076]

Monday, January 16th 2012, 2:39pm

hi ladies great news on your eggs claire xfingers when is transfer hunni?xxx
how are you doing chloe?xxx
well been for me smear bit disappointed she said me cervix wasnt in the right place so the place were they do swab from which is called an os she couldnt find it so she booked me in for next wednesday for nother one!!!!! then she tells me the results will take 4 to 6 weeks when i booked smear last week they told me it would only take 1 week xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Monday, January 16th 2012, 5:05pm

blowkiss Hi everyone

Clair t, Great news about your embryos thats fantastic, i shouldnt but does make me wonder why you didnt get that many at sm. And you are still part of this site a big part so dont be going anywhere there's only a few of us left now. keep us posted on et.

Linz, sorry about your smear cant understand why sm cant just do them, 6weeks thats a joke! im sure if you explain surely they could do something.

lou, so pleased you have your girls home at last. now the fun starts.lol

Hi hope, hope your well and enjoying motherhood.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Monday, January 16th 2012, 7:03pm

Hey,

Chloe- Oh believe me ive had that conversation with myself a million time since EC!! Thank You hun, i didnt want to go anywhere just thought id best check im not in the way!! So how are things going with you? Hav eyou got any dates yet?

Linzndan- Bollocks...excuse my french. My nurse told me that when i made the appointmnet but honestly they can have the results back within the week. Just explain to them that you cannot start treatment until you have the results. One nurse had already told you they can have results back so complain!!!! Sorry it does make me mad. Do they not realise how stressful this whole thing is for you, and they are just adding to the stress. I only live down the road from you so if one drs surgery can have results back then so can yours. Get them told....or ill go down and :box: them!!! :snigger:

Lou2011- I didnt think ud be posting for a good while hun, so dont you be apologising. You have your hands full!!!! So glad your little girls are at home with mummy and daddy. Its very tiring i should imagine with one nevermind two. Im sure as soon as you look at the little ones it makes it all worth it.

Is very quiet on here at the moment isnt it? Do you remember BEV the nurse at SM she was fab, i really really liked her she was so caring. She has actually moved to CARE and was looking after me on EC...bless. Hope those nurses have been looking after you ladies.

Monday, January 16th 2012, 7:37pm

hi claire nurse bev remember her very much was gutted when me friend told me she was leaving she did our very 1st injection training :) she was actually asking me friend how our ivf went and then she left :sadface: such a lovely nurse :) and as for the drs its donneybrook surgery were car park is think you should know it going to try my hardest and get this result hurried up never had this problem before with my cervix she said it has something to do with my monthly cycle xxxxhope you all ok xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Monday, January 16th 2012, 7:44pm

Linzndan,

Oh yeah i know the surgery. when you go next just explain the situation. Im sure they will get them for you. You might have just spoke to someone who hasnt got a heart!!! Good Luck, let me know how you get on x x x

She waslovely wasnt she. She remembered me straight away, she was my favourite nurse at SM.

Monday, January 16th 2012, 8:22pm

i like jenny too well im seeing a different nurse next wednesday hopefully she will listen to me a bit more and try and rush this result through for me intime for me next AF xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 9:04am

Hi Linzndan

Oh yeah i really liked jenny too, i think she went of on maternity didnt she, or have i dreamt that.

Hope you have a nicer nurse that will help you out, xfingers .

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 11:09am

blowkiss Morning girls,

Linz, same as what clair said get on to them and dont take no for an answer.

Clair, any news when et will be? i got my sheet but it only has 2 weeks of busealin on and then my blood test which is 27th so managed to get that day off, realy want to ring and ask if they have my scan date and transfer date so i can book it of at work because them rota's will be up in the next few days, im not to bad because my hours are different each week i normaly get a day of at the weekend and one in the week or if im on all wk end i get 2 in the week off, could be worse i supose if i had a 9-5 job mon-fri that would be hard.

Dont think i dealt with bev much is she the sandy haired lady? anthea is my favorite she always has time for a chat.

in fact going to ring now and ask, worth a try.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 11:21am

:bye: Well just phoned sm, she said it depends on my blood test results, but when i had the blood test last time and seen the nurse after, the sheet was already done with the dates on so they do provisionally book you in. i guess its just to much hasle to look for me. an hours drive there and back just for a blood test and some people even have further then that to travel.

I read that at care they have satellite centres one is at the reebok stadium in bolton which means people that have to travel far can have bloods done there it's just mad sm should offer something closer to home.

Rant over! sorry

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 12:10pm

Chloe-

Oh the joys.you sound sooooo like me!!! actually makes me laugh. I think like you say sometimes its just the fact they cant be bothered looking, but i suppose in there defence they could book you in and your bloods not be right so your planned date would change anyway. Im on your side of course though!!!

Well ive just had the worst hour of my life. My embies are being tested for the right amount of chromosones this time. But just had the phonecall to say that i still have five little fighters going strong. Honestly i freaked out and told them to stop all testing and that i wantde them back with me, they were too good to loose. They agreed to transfer 2 today top graded 8 cell. Then i had a panic that i had had two cycles with 8 cells transfered and both BFN and i had paid for testing to ensure that this didnt happen again. So i changed my mind again and agreed to testing. The only thing is that i cant have ET till blasto cycst stage now. Which i hav enever got even close to but then again ive never had embies like these. As you can tell im an absolute nervous wreck panicing that ive made the wrong decision. What if ive just sent my embies to there death when they may have survived in me!!!!!!! ARGH. Not stopped crying since the call. Honestly i am drained i had ten calls and i changed my mind at least twenty times. The embryologist must have thought i was of my head!!!

God i hope ive made the right decisionx x x

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 24th 2010

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 2:10pm

Hiya ladies

Clair T - all sounds very exciting Just reading all the posts when they say its a rollercoaster they mean it dont they!

Im waiting to get the date of my EC but then theres the 24 hrs finding out how many follicles you get, then how many fertilised, then what stage they put them back in from! honestly my heart is pounding thinking about it.

Had a scan on sat and was told to have another scan on monday after decreasing gonal f to 75ml then went for scan on monday and was told got lots of follicles on my right side and seem to have responded well to treatment all sounding good so far. had 1 measuring about 21-21mm another at 17 another at 16 and then about 8 at 13-15. Left side not as responsive about 10 with a few 13-15mm. So just waiting for tomorrow. Im ok with taking it day by day and id rather be monitored more closely for the best chance but i feel a bit like god can you just tell me a date so i can plan my life! people are asking if im free to catch up etc and loads on at work for me to get involved in and im like erm well i may not be around then ill get back to you!

Hows everyone coping with other people? We've been very open with close friends and family and my work colleagues are amazing since the 2 miscarriages but for me if ICSI does work its getting over the 6 week mark and seeing an actual baby as we have never got to this point and im thinking do we tell people were pregnant do we keep it to ourselves but they know when ill be off and why im off so do we lie and say its not worked?!?!?!

Also i keep skipping forward to when i can decorate a nursery and meet my baby for the 1st time and while im glad its positive thinking im kinda a bit like my god this might not even work and then what do i do?! total head :rant:
Jan11 clomid :BFP: Feb 11 M/C 9wks 6days

7/7/11 clomid :BFP: 24/08: ERPC

26/1/12 2 embies back 12/02/12 :BFN:

Aug12 :BFP:

10/04/13 bab22

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 6:30pm

nurse anthea she was cleaning up the ward on me last transfer kept me warm as i was freezin and having a laugh with me as she does lol but i do agree sm should do their own smear tests would be alot easier xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 8:30pm

blowkiss Evening ladies

Clair t, Blimey!! sounds like you have had a rite nightmare, i think you have totaly done the rite thing having them tests surely gives you the best quality embryo's which will give them a great head start and also blasto stage increases your chances even more so just chill out try not to worry there in the best possible hands untill there back with you. And grade 8 is fantastic most i got was a 6.

Vikki, know how you feel on the do we tell people subject, i feel for you we only told our parents and my brother and sisters because of that fact like you say it's to much pressure having to deal with the outcome and hand on heart i totaly think it was the rite thing to do having gone through 3BFN dont know how i would of coped dealing with everyone knowing. i would never tell anyone else because it's a personal thing for me and everyone deals and copes in different ways some people like yourself our comfortable telling people but i never was. I would tell them after et that your et date was put back a few weeks and say you have to wait 3weeks for results after the transfer thats what i told my family, couldnt cope with them asking all the time if i had tested yet. that way you have time to deal with your results yourself before dealing with other people. And unless you know anyone that has done ivf they dont have a clue about ec or et dates etc..

Linz, you phoned to explain about your fet and when you will get your smear results back yet?

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 9:19pm

hello,

Chloe- i have never got anywhere near these results. My last cycle at SM was 2 and 4 cell.. and the one before i did get an 8 cell that was fragmented and a 6 cell. Crazy isnt it i cant understand how different cycles can be. I have actually got a top grade 9 cell and a10 cell but again thats badly fragmented!!! Weird. have you got dates yet hun, i apologise if uve already told me, but honestly my memory at the moment is terrible.

Linzndan- Hav eyou heard anything more re your smear.

Vikki- wow sounds like you have a good crop of embies there hun. Perhaps a football team :snigger: . hope you find out your dates soon. Like you say though its one hurdle afetr another, but once we are all holding our babies we will forget all about the heartache...good luck hun.

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 11:47am

morning ladies i have spoke to the clinic and all they said is your best of speaking to the nurse on wednesday about it at least its a different nurse she wont even be getting me on that bed until ive discussed the result waiting time and me ivf if im thinking right and nurse gaynor is who i think it is shes a lovely nurse jut hope we dont get the same problem with the cervix my OH said if the smear does take that long he will be glad of the break from ivf :sadface: i cant say i feel that way meself he said its quite full on 2 fets 1 after the other i think he actually gets fed up of me talking about it but i just cant help i think hes more worried of me doing a fresh cycle because of how ill i was just before EC and after if i do enter a fresh cycle i would like to be monitored a bit more but dont think they would do that xxxx

how are you lovely ladies xxxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 3:36pm

well was told after scan today that ill get a phonecall to take pregnoyl either tonight or sat night but got the phonecall and got to go back 4 a scan on fri xfingers they let me take it sat night then my ec will be monday!!!!

10/04/13 bab22

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 3:45pm

hi vikki exciting times good luck with your EC :) xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 4:01pm

thanks linzdan it all seems to be officially starting now nervous and excited and terrified and too many emotions!! ?o(

10/04/13 bab22

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 4:31pm

you be fine hunni :) when you start getting dates for EC you just know its getting properly official and you get very excited on my EC i was up just after 4am lol xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Saturday, January 21st 2012, 7:35am

Hello ladies,

Cherlou- How are you? Hope you have lots of nice things planned for the weekend.

Linzndan- I think they will monitor you more next time. You need to let them know that you were poorly last time? They have a duty of care to you, so id actually demand it.

Vikki- Any news on EC?

Well ladies i am finally PUPO..can you believe with two blastos. I cant stop smiling. I also have one in the freezer. In all my other 3 cycles i have never had frosties or blastos..typical isnt it when you have to pay... :snigger: . Im not moaning though!

Wishing all you ladies lots of luck and pleanty of babydust :sticky:

Saturday, January 21st 2012, 8:09pm

Congrats Claire T you are officially PUPO.

I hope the days ahead flies by quickly, when are you testing? I can't wait to hear the good news of your BFP.

Twins on the way and another one in the freezer you deserve all the smile in the world dear, so happy for you and of course you deserve it :hugs:

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 8:30am

Awwww thanks Holly, your post was lovely. I test on the 30th jan, really going to try and hang out till then. Still a long way to go.... xfingers .

How are you hun? :xxx:

:bye:

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 11:40am

Hi Claire T Congrats on being PUPO love, really happy for you, I will keep everything crossed for you. Here's to your BFP!!!!! Yeah!!! :)

Hi LinznDan How are you hun?

Holly - Hows things going with you? Where you up to now with treatment sorry last track over the last couple of weeks :)

Vikki - Have you had your EC yet? If so when is ET I will have everything crossed for you love. :)

AFM - Were doing just fine cant believe Harrison is 2 weeks old!! We love him to bits, time is really flying but loving every minute of it, He is doing well with night feeds has one around 23:00. 03:00, 06:00 09:30 so pretty good. I look at him everyday and remember just how lucky and blessed we are and all I hope for now is that you all go on to get BFP very soon Love to you all :) xxx
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 10:08am

Hi Claire T and Hope, thanks for asking after me, I've gone AWOL for a while but all details are in my diary, I needed the break but I am doing alright.
Sat on the ward waiting for my teach session, scary! I have been ok up till now but sitting here on the ward scares life out of me, thinking OMG I shall be on one of those beds very soon. Stimulation starts on the 2nd of Feb and I am looking forward to it, sounds like I am crazy looking forward to stabbing myself but it will worth it in the end.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Holly05" (Jan 23rd 2012, 10:14am)

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 12:26pm

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!!! I was prescribed Metformin, I can't remember if I need to start Metformin straight away or on the same day as injection!!! Rang back and the lady that picked the call (not a nurse) asked if I wasn't told when I picked it up - silly question. Anyway one of the nurses will ring me back. I will be on 112.5 menopur from day 1 and 0.25 of cetrotide from day 4. Back in for Blood test on day 3 and 6 with scan on day 8.

United Kingdom

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 3:39pm

Hi Hope05, i was given 112.5 of gonal f and cetrotide and metformin, i was told to take them twice a day with or after food as normal alongside injections

Clair T - hope all is going well with you its horrible isnt it time seems to go so quick normally but now you have to wait till the 30th jan and im sure it will fell like ages!! but im off work now till ive tested after my ET my work have been brilliant, so send me a message if your going out your mind!! : D

I had my EC today they managed to get 6 eggs, have to say was a little disappointed considering they told me i had 8 follicles on the right and 7 coming through on the left but i guess the ones on the left werent ready, still as my DH said it only needs 1. Had a chat with the embrologist after and now got to wait till tomorrow to see how many of em survived the night and fertilised she said average is half which only leaves me with 3 unless im above average (1st for everything lol). - DH's count went down again 8.5. his first was 17.5 2nd 13 now 8.5 but embrologist wasnt worried at all by that she just said their easier to catch. Feeling ok surprisingly, loved the sedation lol just a bit woozy and tired and mild cramps other than that not too bad

hows everyone else doing?

10/04/13 bab22

Reg: Jul 23rd 2010

Children: 1 on the way

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 5:11pm

Hi Vickki, They collected 6 eggs from me but I only ended up with one embie and I now have Harrison (just over 2 weeks old) Your DH is right it really does only take one keep your PMA up hun, I'm keeping everything crossed for you. xx

Holly - Glad to hear your ready to start treatment again, I so hope it works for you hun, not long before you will be having EC and ET Exciting times. Keep your PMA up hun and just remember it only takes 1!!! Everything crossed for you :) xx
Me 31 - Ok
DH 31 - low [zx151]
TTC - 6 years

1st ICSI - July 2010 :BFN: :tears:
2nd ICSI - 25 April 2011:BFP: :faint: babydust EDD 26/12/2011

baby7 Harrison Stephen was born at 21:41 on 6/01/2012 we are over the moon with our little man xx

United Kingdom

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 5:23pm

thanks hope23 its stories like yours that really do help xXx

10/04/13 bab22

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 9:54pm

Thanks Vickki, the nurse rang back and told me the same.

Thanks Hope, your story gave us hope and keep our PMA up.

ClaireT, 30th sounds not long before now but again very far. How many days is that after ET.

Now I've got another question to ask you lovely ladies if anyone could help. The nurse rang me back to ask if I have had chicken pox in the past, I said Yes from no where probably due to the fact that I was at work and very busy but checked with my mum later but lo and behold it was a NO. Does anyone knows what this will affect. I dont want this treatment cancelled again, I hope it won't get to that because I am thinking of ringing back tomorrow to tell them. PLS HELP!!!!!! :headache

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 10:43pm

I couldn't sleep ladies and decided to read up on the internet regarding my last post.

I have gone into my immunisation history and thank goodness I had the VZV dose 1 & 2 in 2010/2011 which is a vaccine that protects against the viral disease commonly known as chickenpox happydance that is a big relief because I read that if I have not had CP and not immune then I will have to take the vaccination first which means treatment will not start until another 3 months

OMG I am so relieved, DH was screaming at me that he remembered that I had it when I started my new job over a year ago but I can't just remember.

Thanks lovely ladies and so sorry to be a pain, this is for the trouble :chocs:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 9:01am

Thanks for the choccies hope lol although if i get to my 2ww i think ill text ppl and ask them to bring brazil nuts and pineapple to aid implamentation and help as much as i can lol i have a mountain of chocs and its only day 1 after my EC lol

i was never asked that ive had measles is it the same, maybe they dont ask everyone.

10/04/13 bab22

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 11:26am

I had to checked that actually, chicken pox is worse than measles according to my findings last night on google.

lol at your brazil nuts and pineapple request.

PS Vikki, I might have to change my name to hope then.................lol

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 4:46pm

Pahaha HOLLY05!!!!!! i was like what why does she have to change her name then spotted my mistake lol its very hard to keep track of names when your mid flow lol sorry hun xXx

10/04/13 bab22

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 7:33pm

blowkiss Hi guys

Holly, welcome back we all need a fresh break away from everything does you the world of good.

Vikki, Iv got my fingers crossed for you, i guess it will be tomorrow you find out and im sure it's all good news.

linz, how are you? whens that smear?

Clair t, ohh congrats on pupo :weehee: Roll on the 3oth [zx115]

Hope, so happy your all doing well it was realy nice to hear from you.

So bored of these injections now just want it over with. blood test fri.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Reg: Apr 2nd 2011

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 8:28pm

Hello ladies,

I've not been posting regularly on the forum but have been reading with interest all your posts. I'm looking for some info. After our second early miscarriage in September 2011 (naturally conceived), my partner and I were referred for IVF as my partner's sperm has poor morphology and I'm not ovulating every month. We had a blood tests and sperm analysis done and after 2 months we were given an appointment with a nurse at the end of the month.

I know I could wait but I find it difficult. When do you find out whether you are eligible for an IVF cycle? We sent the paperwork and photos 3 months ago but we're not sure our IVF cycle will be funded by the NHS. Is it normal practice to see a nurse beforehand? We had a few appointments and I had an HSG in May as we were having trouble to conceive. Any info, advice would be great.

I feel like I'm loosing my head. I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks
Me-36-very low amh

Lovely partner-32, poor morphology

Natural BFP, March 2010- misc@ 7 wks :bawl:

Natural BFP, August 2011-misc @ 8 wks :bawl:

IVF-short protocol MFS xfingers- 7 eggs-none fertilised :tear:

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 8:36pm

:bye: Hi busybe

Yes it's normal to see the nurse before hand, if you have signed all the papers it could take a few weeks to get a letter back for a date to go back thats when you will be told what treatment you will be having and how many cycle's you will get. i take it you have not signed any legal documents? what makes you think you will not be nhs funded?

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Reg: Apr 2nd 2011

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 9:16pm

Hi Chloe,

Thank you for the info. No we have not signed any legal papers yet. The reason I'm worried about being NHS funded is that we have not received any letter confirming whether we had the go ahead for IVF. Today has just been one of those days.

We are eligible so that sort of put my mind at ease.

Many thanks

:)
Me-36-very low amh

Lovely partner-32, poor morphology

Natural BFP, March 2010- misc@ 7 wks :bawl:

Natural BFP, August 2011-misc @ 8 wks :bawl:

IVF-short protocol MFS xfingers- 7 eggs-none fertilised :tear:

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 25th 2012, 9:36am

Busybee76 - contact your GP to see if your eligible as its your PCT that decide the funding for IVF

10/04/13 bab22

Friday, January 27th 2012, 5:15pm

blowkiss Hi girls

How are we all? very quiet on here!

Well was back at good old sm today for a blood test, got my 2nd sheet with my plan so far for FET and what do you know, aww there a bit busy so dont mind if we stick you on buseralin for another 4 weeks, course not after all surely it's for the good of your sanity and health and nothing to do with the fact where to busy!! Fxxxing mad is not the rite words 4 times been through this shit now.

Why bother giving a plan sheet out if your not going to stick to it!!

No friendly faces even the blood room girls have changed.

Rant over!!! im going to go insane another 4wk on buseralin

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Friday, January 27th 2012, 6:19pm

OMG Chloe, another 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Why on earth can they not get things right at SM, so annoying :angry:

I would have been knocked back by another 3 months wait if I had not had the CP vaccination, do you not think that checks like this should have been down before now?? They don't honestly understand all this rollercoster, they need to be in our shoes!!!

:hugs: hun and hope it turns out to be for the best and give you the good news you deseve at the end of it all.

Thanks for the lovely welcome back, almost forgot to mention it. blowkiss

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing fine

Friday, January 27th 2012, 8:25pm

blowkiss Thanks holly :flowers:

Just dont know what goes on there, hate moaning and dont believe it's the nurses themselves obviously there must be people above telling them what to do, but personaly themselves i think they could be a bit more sympathetic to time of work and paying £20 in petrol just for a blood test you just get the look that says " i get this all day" they dont want to know.

We will get there in the end and it will be worth every min of sm.

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 11:24am

Hi ladies sorry not been on got a broken laptop I do miss it well I went in for me smear my nurse turned out to be an ex midwife she said it wouldn't be hard for her to find the os then I started to explain about the ivf she said she could get it back for 3 weeks so if af does take 6 weeks to arrive then I might just get the result back in time here's hoping the she started asking me which clinic I'm at and how many attempts I've got so I said I have 2 attempts left after the next fet she said well they are reducing the attempts and very soon kinda worried about that. Omg chloe another 4 weeks of buserlin that's shocking I know they put me on it for another week but 4 weeks what was the reason for it xxxhope you ladies are well not happy at using a fone to come on here need me laptop fixing lol xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 5:47pm

5 more sleeps before I start stabbing, bring it on thumbup

Sunday, January 29th 2012, 5:33pm

blowkiss Hi ladies

Holly, ohh 5 more sleeps hun, bet you cant wait. lol

Linz, thought you had been quiet, i still think 3 weeks is a joke surely this day and age they could have your results back sooner. Yeah no explanation given for leaving me on the buseralin, i had my af last sat and finished on wed which is normal now started bleeding again last few days like bright red never experienced that before ever.

Maybe if i knew i would get a warm reception i would ring sm as im getting worried.

Cutting funding are they?? well anyone who has already signed there legal forms and been accepted for there given cycles will not be effected, thats a disgrace that and im sick to death of narrow minded peoples opinion on IVF like it's a choice you choose like a boob job. NHS IS not bloody free at all, what do we all pay are national insurance for.

Clair t, u ok? your quiet as well

Vikki, how did et go?

ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Never looked backxx

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests