You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: Oxford

Friday, September 25th 2009, 2:25pm

No that is incorrect, the one thing that does not count is caffeinated drinks as caffeine is a diuretic meaning it prevents you from absorbing water and makes you need to pee more.

However the body does not treat water or food any differently your body will extract water from everything you eat or drink, there is even water in something you may consider dry such as a slice of bread.

You are encouraged to drink lots of water after IVF for a number of reasons including that it will help reduce the constipation associated with progesterone which by the way eating liquorice allsorts is a good tasty way to help alleviate that also as liquorice is a mild laxative. Also a lot of fluid will be used to refill the follicles that have been drained but mainly the large amount is simply to account for people who don't normally drink enough to be properly hydrated and only drink caffeinated drinks, the large amount is to counter this kind of situation. The clinics have to err on the side of caution and account for foolish people as well as the average person.

Reg: Nov 9th 2009

Children: Eibhlin born 20th Feb 2011

Friday, December 18th 2009, 10:50pm

Drinking Water

:hi:

I am cuurently on day 7 of my Suprecur Buserelin injections (DR). I havent really been drinking much fluid at all but is it that important during DR or when I start stimms?

Hope you have some advice. I am rubbish at drinking as never really get thirsty so dont think to drink

Thanks

:xxx3: :xxx3:

Me 30 DH 35 -TTC 5 Years
1st ever Natural :BFP: May 09 - Ectopic - Tube Removal
1st IVF Jan 10 :BFN:
2nd IVF May 10 :BFP:

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Tessalina" (Dec 18th 2009, 10:50pm) with the following reason: Error

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Friday, December 18th 2009, 10:56pm

Hi hon! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yes, it is very important. It will help prevent any headaches that you may get in the future whilst DR. When stimming and after EC it will help prevent OHSS. I was told to drink at least 2L a day. Can you carry around a small bottle and takes sips throughout the day? :xxx3:
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Friday, December 18th 2009, 11:02pm

This may help......

Water intake during Stimms
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Friday, December 18th 2009, 11:38pm

hi hun
Yeah i just second really exactly what rachel has already said. with DRing water helps stop the headaches as they do really dehydrate you!!!! and when stimming helps reduce the risk of OHSS!! i know that one from experience
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 11:13am

Hi hun,

I've always been really rubbish at drinking too - but it really is important as you're going through treatment. Little and often is the key, particularly towards the end of stimms when you could feel quite bloated.

Remember foods also contain fluids too so breakfast cereals with milk, lots of juicy fruits and veg will all count towards that fluid intake. Any uncaffeinated drinks will do so you don't have to sit and force plain water down yourself if it's something that will be harder for you. Fresh fruit juices, low-sugar squash, milk, hot-choc, horlicks, herbal teas etc etc are all good so try and vary them throughout the day so it doesn't feel like such a chore!

Lots of luck for your treatment hun, I hope 2010 brings your BFP :xxx3:

Reg: Nov 9th 2009

Children: Eibhlin born 20th Feb 2011

Monday, December 21st 2009, 8:48pm

Hi

:hi:

Thanks so much for your replys. I made a start today drinking water at work and will make sure I increase it so I am doing the 2lt when I start stimms

Thanks once again

:xxx3: :xxx3:

Me 30 DH 35 -TTC 5 Years
1st ever Natural :BFP: May 09 - Ectopic - Tube Removal
1st IVF Jan 10 :BFN:
2nd IVF May 10 :BFP:

MY DIARY

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Monday, April 5th 2010, 11:50am

wow hadn't realised that i wasn't drinking enough water throughout the day... :O i've cut out caffeine in tea and coffee and just about managed to cut out all fizzy but only really managing about 2 pints of water a day... mental note taken-will have to make more of an effort. Glad to see i can put squash in the water, i think that's why i was struggling so much but hopefully apple and blackcurrant water will help me get those extra pints into me xfingers

lotsa babydust wished to everyone

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

Moxy

Reg: Jul 6th 2009

Children: None

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 6:40pm

The confusion may have arisen because a typical adult's energy requirements call for two to three litres of fluid – but it doesn't all have to be in the form of glasses of water. All foods and non-alcoholic drinks count toward the goal.

For example:

•broccoli is about 90 per cent water
•bread is about 35 per cent water
•meat, fish and poultry contain 50 to 60 per cent water

TTC 5 years Me - 34 DH - 33
Referred to LGI Feb 09
IVF Sept 09 - 8 eggs, none fertilized

ICSI Mar/Apr 10 :BFP:

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 6:49pm

hEY HUN I HAVE BEEN DRINKING ATLEAST 2 LITRES A DAY TO,BUT LIKE YOU I AM PEEING EVERY 5 SECONDS AND GET REALLY BLOATED.KEEP IT UP THOUGH IT GOOD FOR YOU AND YOU'RE BODY.

I HAVE ALSO CUT OUT TEA AND COFFE AND SWAPPED TO FRUIT TEAS(NOT GREEN TEA THOUGH IT HAS CAFFINE IN IT).PEPPERMINT IS THE BEST AND DOESN'T TASTE TO HARSH.

LOTS OF babydust TO YOU ALL

:heart: MISTYKINS

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 11:53pm

mmm - tried fruit tea today and wasn't sure i'd like it, think they'll take a bit of getting used to!

Best find of the day has to be the Tetley Decaf tea bags and my nurse said they're fine to drink by the mug load because they're decaf so Puppy's officially a happy lady again

woohoo clap happydance :biggrin: high5 :thumbsup2:

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Monday, April 19th 2010, 10:40pm

haha yep herbal yea takes alot of getting used to hun!!!

decaf tea is probably the way forward for hey,i don't like tea or coffee so not really got any choice with that one.

Good luck to everyone babydust

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Reg: Oct 20th 2009

Children: Hopeful!!!

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 1:18pm

when to start with the mass water intake?

Hi

Well i am just waiting for AF to show to start taking stimm injections, should be today or tomorrow. Had icsi/ivf last Nov and developed mild OHSS keen for this to not happen again, at what point should i start taking lots of water?

Should it be just water, gaterade, milk??? i am quite confused

Help please xxxx

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 7:21pm

Hi Monkeymagic,

Each clinic is different on their guidelines but the clinic I was at said a litre of water a day and a litre of milk, the litre of water was to help with OHSS and the litre of milk, as well as to increase my liquid intake, was also to increase my protein intake as eggs are mostly proteins so they reasoned that you need lots to make gooduns, it's important to space your liquid intake out over the day don't drink it all at once. Start increasing your intake now so that you are up to the full quota of about 2 litres by the time you start stims.

Good luck for this cycle.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE