You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Minnie" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 8:40am

IUI SHAKEDOWN !!

Well as you all may or may not know, this is my final attempt at IUI for the foreseeable future. So I want to throw the absolute works at it this time.
So.....
What I was thinking was that I could ask everyone on here, with all your wisdom and experiences, whatever branch of fertility that may be, to post what they have learned or heard can assist with the treatment.
Eg - I heard that low dose asprin can help egg quality and size.

I am gonna chuck the lot at myself and pray to god one of the suggestions you give me works....... :D

I also want to say a HUGE thankyou to everyone on this site. I have learned so much and made some great friends too. In fact not a day goes by without the unstoppable urge to log in and check on everyone.

Bring on round 3....DING DING!!!!
Luv and Luck to you all.
XXX

TTC 4 yrs
ICSI Feb 2005 BFP - early MC :(
3 x DIUI Oct05/Jan06/Mar06 BFN
Starting 2nd ICSI Dec 2006

OMG!! a real :BFP: 7/2/07

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 8:48am

Me too! Already addicted to FZ ;)

Well, for me, I have been improving my diet. I am eating plenty chicken and fish (with pasta twists and just some paprika sprinkled on, no chips!), having at least one banana and one apple each day, drinking a full glass of pure fruit juice and drinking a full pint of (fresh n lo) milk every day, and eating soup or salad sangers for lunch. I'm also drinking plenty water and taking sanatagon pro natal and one 75mg aspirin every day.

Mostly, I am trying to just relax and not focus too much on my appointments.
:xmas8:

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 9:01am

Holly,

I am on a healthy eating plan at the moment so I hope that helps anyway. The protein thing is a great clue though thanks (just sprinkled some ground almonds on my porridge!). I am not a very successful fruit eater as I have allergy to alot of fruits...itchy mouth and throat. However I do eat loads of veg, so hopefully that will suffice.
Can the milk you drink be skimmed? I dont want to stack on the 4lb I have lost :)
Should I start the asprin now? Or when I start treatment?

Sorry to bombard you with questions 8o

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 9:03am

Min

Here's what I did the second time round

Drank only green/decaf tea (this also increased my dh's sc)
Eat healthily
Cut out the crap
Take multibionta tablets

When you've had the IUI don't lie on the sofa with legs up - this can cause puddling - just lie flat on the sofa

Cement the IUI with intercourse that day - whether you feel like it or not (thanks to Bagpuss - I think it was her - we did the same and I swear that helped).

Be careful for 2 days afterwards, but don't wrap yourself in cotton wool, just take it easy but do things to take your mind off the insem.

Good luck hunny - really hope it works for you.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheZooKeeper" (Mar 7th 2006, 9:04am)

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 9:09am

Jenny cheers hun!!

Have to get some decaf tea in and attempt to cut down a bit. Last time I did that I had awful migraine for days 8o

Stopped eating crap about 2 weeks ago....so a good start at least. :]

Well.....'cementing' is DEFINATELY on the agenda...BIG TIME!!!
Whoooo hoooooo!!! :D

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:31am

HI Min!
Good idea to throw everything but the Kitchen sink at it this time :D

Keep warm too. Keeping lower back warm keeps the kidneys warm and keeping the tummy warm, warms the uterus. Both important in the Chinese (acupuncture) theory of fertility.

exercise - if only walking every day. just to keep the warm blood pumping away.

Lots of water. (well as much as possible!) When I increased mine, I saw a difference in quality of my cervical fluid.

Get enough sleep. Seems obvious... but being tired can put a strain on other parts of your body

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:38am

Min - I used to get headaches with decaf - try green tea - flushes out all the toxins too - a good detoxer

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:40am

Thanks Lisa!!
Good point about the midriff....have you noticed nothing seems to actually meet in the middle these days? I know I am sounding old but I have to purposely look for jeans the actually sit on my waist!!! And getting a t-shirt to cover my hips....well its near to impossible!!!
Thank goodness for M&S.

Water is a big problem for me...I have trouble drinking cold liquids ...do you think hot water with a splash of something for taste would be ok? Maybe someone could suggest something?

A brisk walk every day with my dogs should help cover the exercise thing. GREAT. Sleep...no problem, apart from when DH snoring like a wart hog!

Feel like I am getting somewhere. Thanks xxx

TTC 4 yrs

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:42am

Jenny

Green tea?? Are you sure...sounds icky. Does that count as your water intake? Can you add stuff to help with the taste if it is icky?

Off shopping later so I will get some to try.

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:44am

I know exactly what you mean about clothes... the times I've been shopping over the past couple of years and just gotten sooooo fed up.

It's all trousers down around your knickers and tops barely covering your belly button :rolleyes: :D

But, I read a magazine article the other day at the Clinic (can;t remember which one now) that did have a spread in there about waist high jeans coming back. They had a bunch to compare, like Top Shop, Levis etc etc
So hopefully we'll be able to go shopping again for proper clothes!

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:45am

Have you tried Green Tea before ?

There are either Green/black tea (but that can be quite strong), or some new ones how which are Green Teas with Pear and apple (and other combinations. Those are beautiful

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:48am

Lisa - Great I will be looking for them this afternoon in Morrisons.!! Thanks

Hey I have just put on a pair of DH's boxers, pulled them up above my waist high jeans.....nice warm lower back now...and sort of cool and hip in a Simon Cowell sort of way !!! LOL

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:50am

8o 8o No No No !!! You can NOT be modelling yourself (or DH for that matter!!!) on Simon Cowell ;)

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:52am

Hee hee !!! I bet his midriff never gets cold!!! No kidney troubles for Simmy!!

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:54am

Green tea is lovely - but you can have it with Jasmine and other stuff.

Know what you mean about jeans, I need them to cover my stomach as I hate (and always have done) things lying on my stomach!

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:55am

ewww you don't think he's cute do you... please say no.... please please ;)

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 10:58am

Well no...but I have wondered about his manhood 8o and if he is so cutting with his comments after sex........"that was just horrendous!"
So I suppose that is a bit weird. :D

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:21am

Green tea contains loads of antioxidants but it is not caffeine free.
Caffeine free teas are Redbush/Rooibos & herbal teas

Green tea is also very hard on an empty stomach.
Best green tea is loose leaf tea that you keep in your mug.
Chinese way of doing it is to keep on topping it up with water (the water needs to be proper boiling otherwise your leafs wont sink). The best tea do you get the third time around. Just keep on topping it up with water.

I don't believe in decaf black/green tea and coffee since it has been through so many processes to make it decaf.
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:28am

Yes, if you can find the loose lead Jasmine tea that Chinese use - thats beautiful too.

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:29am

Min - have you tried herbal teas ? I can't remember if we've talked about that before?

Peppermint is great for after dinner. - helps digestion

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:31am

Hi minnie,

Think I posted this info on wrong thread. Here is some info I found on another site.
Many people want to know what else they can do to maximise their chances. Here are some of the suggestions we have

Drink loads of milk and at least 2 litres of water a day.

no smoking, drinking or caffeine,

Pineapple Juice...the pineapple thing is supposed to be because there's selenium in them, which helps with implantation. But it should be either very fresh juice or fresh pineapple, not concentrated juice or tinned chunks. Other food sources of selenium are sesame seeds, wheatgerm, and tuna, but you shouldn't eat too much tuna either because it might contain small amounts of mercury which is poisonous! It's all way too complicated.

All nuts have essential fatty acids which are good for regulating hormones, and vitamin E which helps prevent miscarriage and along with selenium makes your endometrium healthy - apparently!

Basically you should try to eat as varied and balanced a diet as possible, with lots of fruit and veg, some nuts and seeds (sunflower, pumpkin and sesame), oily fish and plenty of protein such as eggs and chicken. And drink plenty of water. Organic is best.

If you get Zita West's book Fertility and Conception, she explains all the main nutrients you need and what foods contain them. It's quite a good book if you don't take it all too seriously!

Lots of the girls eat 'red' foods (peppers, strawberries etc its some chinese medicine thing) and some girls are using Pit Rok - which is a piece of natural rock crystal - is expensive, but will last for ever - provided you don't drop it.

Get yourself a good vitamin and mineral supplement too and remember to take 400mg of folic acid per day.

Here is a little guide ofr IVF which should also apply for IUI.

Start to prepare your bodies at least six weeks before IVF treatment

Maximise the sperm count
Sperm counts have declined in recent years. West advises taking a supplement called CoenzymeQ10, that, according to two recent studies, is linked with sperm quality. In one study, Israeli scientists found that CoQ10 doubles the rates of mobility and fertilisation. Stopping smoking, reducing alcohol and caffeine consumption and avoiding stress could also help.

Detox your liver
Drink two to three litres of water a day. This helps to build fat, juicy follicles with healthy maturing eggs, before IVF treatment. It also helps the body to deal with the side effects of IVF hormones.

Eat healthily
Make sure you get plenty of protein by eating chicken, red meat, oily fish and shellfish, as well as eating plenty of greens, cereals and pasta. Avoid rich food, caffeine and alcohol in the run-up to IVF treatment. Take the supplement docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), a chemical that is critical for early foetal and infant brain cell health. It is found in oily fish and shellfish, but studies show a decline in modern diets and in breast milk. Busy people, who might skip meals, should also take a multivitamin supplement.

Take to bed
Stay in bed for the first few days after the embryo transfer.

Warm the abdomen
The Chinese consider it important to encourage good blood flow around the womb. This helps to build up the placenta to provide a hospitable environment for the embryo. "Warming" foods, such as red peppers, beetroot, tomatoes, red berries and some spicy foods, are rich in antioxidants and cleanse the blood. An occasional glass of red wine is warming and relaxing.

Take no - or very little - exercise
Again, the idea is to encourage blood flow to the abdomen. West does not advise strenuous exercise or even brisk walking during pregnancy. "Gentle yoga and qi gong, a deep breathing technique that encourages more oxygen to reach the reproductive system, are fine."

Visualise the implanting embryo
Imagine healthy, fertilised eggs implanting in the womb. Visualise the baby developing and being born.

Many of these tips are equally valid for a couple planning a natural pregnancy.

One thing to know is to be prepared for what you want as you may need to "lead" your clinic by the hand. For example if you overrespond ask if you can convert to IVF rather than abandoning or ask if they can do follicle reduction or even argue your age if you can.

As a final note you may be required to undertake some tests before you start IUI. Common tests before you start
HSG
lap and dye

We will add a bit more on this as we go along. Please let us know if there is anything we should add or that is wrong or any other comments you have.

Post Note from Holly C - have just found a US website that may give you a few more details to aid with info http://sharedjourney.com/iui.html they also reply to any questions within 24 hours. One FF member said she found it more helpful than her own clinic!!
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:31am

here is some more info.

3months before

1. Take some Vits I personally took the Marilyn Glenville Vitamins + 500mg of Vit C (As she recommends 1000mg a day and the MG tablets don’t have that much in) + 1000mg of Flaxseed/linsead oil again recommended in the Marilyn Glenville book. I also started taking 60mg of Q10 (Recommended by Zita west 50-90mg a day) but only took that from downregging as its bloody expensive and I feel is most important after ET until PG test as helps with blood flow !

No reason why you couldn’t mix your own vits or use the Zita West ones, my DH did exactly the same as me above, Q10 is meant to be great for sperm count to.

2. Get into the habit of drinking a minimum of 2litres of bottled/filtered water.

3. Start to eat healthily, I ate more brown things like brow rice and pasta and lots of chicken, fruit and veg and ate less red meat, had yogurt drinks with live bio and took no ibuprofen.

4. Cut out caffeine and chocolate (Not totally on the chocolate front, but made an effort)

5. :earn to relax and believe it can happen - I listened to a hypno CD to try and relax me and make me believe I could be a mum, Angus recommends one on the IUI thread, I used http://www.nourish-fertility.com/ I can’t say I really got into this, but I did do it and who knows it might have helped, I also did it during downregging, but was bored of it by stims (Purely because I never switch off, many people fall asleep which is a great sign)

During Down regging

1. I stuck to all of above all through treatment, tried to relax as much as possible, early nights and did little or no exercise (Zita West says avoid all aerobic exercise while the reproductive system is shutting down)

2. Increase protein, I Tried to have 60g a day although I didn't stick to this ridgidly, I just made an effort, protein helps the eggs grow, carried this through stimming and 2ww

Stimmimg

1. Avoid exercise as this redirects the blood away from the follies. Lie down with feet up when ever you can.

2. Keep the abdomen warm, personally after work, I would lie in bed watching tv, with a water bottle (not too hot) on my tummy (moving it round the sides or using two) its important to keep the lower abdomen warm to improve the blood flow.

3. Positive thinking, I tried but was crap at this, but to use positive visualisation, telling myself that my folies were maturing nicely and were of good quality , that my lining was getting thick and strong, 10mins of deep breathing, while doing the above, really helps the blood flow.

4. Kept at the Protein as above.

5.Avoided any ibuprofen etc

6. Continued drinking water but at room temperature

EC

1. Take arnica - Zita west recommends 4 x 6c of arnica (homeopathic remendy boots sell it) a day from day before EC to ET day, may help prevent damage to internal tissues and brusing

After ET/2ww

1. Most importantly, minimum of 3 Days complete bed rest - Lying down allows blood to flow to your endometrium, cannot guarantee a PG, but gives best chance of implanting according to MG

2. Carry embryos with pride, visualise them growing dividing and embedding (5 days after fertilisiation they start to break out of there shell and hopefully should imbed over the next 2 days, so first week is most important)

3. No excercise, not even housework for the first 7 days

4. Take a Q10 supplement, helps with blood flow

5. Keep the abdomen warm (But stop using a hot water bottle) stay warm tucked up in bed and eat warming nourishing foods, such as red cabbage, red tomatoe/pepper soups If you have something cold like a salad warm it up with a jacket potatoe.(Molly W previously posted info on this)

6. Keep drinking water at room temperature

The 2nd week, you can do light things, like a leisurely walk, but only do very light tasks, you can’t have baths, go swimming, do the dead etc, carry on avoiding caffeine
Melanie

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:34am

Some really useful tips here. Particularly the one about tea, BUT - I drink about 5 mugs a day. Yorkshire tea, which I LOVE and don't know if I can give it up 8o

Milk wise - well I got this tip during my ICSI, drinking milk every day helps cos it's full of calcium and helps produce good eggs? So I was told, and skimmed is fine.
I only plan to take the aspirin up until insem, then I'll stop. I think it just helps the blood flow into the uterus (sp!).

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:35am

Lisa,

I think we have talked about them before......I have tried some...but I never keep it up as I am a teaboat!! I just need to find something that I can stick at.
I never realised there were so many.....it gets complicated doesnt it?
I am a bit worried about coming off tea again as I felt so awful. Maybe I can wean myself off slowly........I sound like a druggy??? 8o

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:35am

Cheers Melanie 8) I've printed your tips.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:38am

Holly/Minnie

I am yorkshire tea girl too - I would drink over 12 cups a day.

After detox I tried every decaf tea and hated them all.

BUT!! WAIT!!!

Yorkshire Tea have just launched their decaf!! I bought it online last week and it tastes exactly the same. AT LAST!

http://www.yorkshiretea.co.uk/BandwidthDetect.asp

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:42am

Ooooh when's it in the shops Eeyore?????
Might have to order some online too.

Off to search......

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:43am

Quoted

Originally posted by Eeyore
Holly/Minnie

I am yorkshire tea girl too - I would drink over 12 cups a day.

After detox I tried every decaf tea and hated them all.

BUT!! WAIT!!!

Yorkshire Tea have just launched their decaf!! I bought it online last week and it tastes exactly the same. AT LAST!

http://www.yorkshiretea.co.uk/BandwidthDetect.asp

x

Now that is good news 8) Wonder, will they have it in Tesco? Will check this evening, I do love my tea :D

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 11:45am

I've looked in all of the big stores here and couldn't find it - but you can buy it online from a great shop that also does the best ginger biscuits and cakes ever!!!

I cross my heart it tastes exactly the same as their ordinary Yorkshire Tea and not like dishwater like the other nasty evil decaf's.

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 12:40pm

My bestfriend told me 10days ago that she is pregnant, the day I started my 1st injections, Although I am really happy for her and know how difficult it was for her to tell me, as she has weathered the storm with me for the past 10 years.

I just fell more under pressure, do any of you feel like that when someone tells you they are pregnant or is it just me?
Melanie

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 12:43pm

No Melanie I completely understand.
Our best friends have just started trying for a baby now after her insisting she never wanted any for as long as I can remember. I just know they are going to announce her pg very soon.
We have to smile and be thrilled for them....but thats bl**dy hard at times.
XXX

TTC 4 yrs

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 1:23pm

Quoted

Originally posted by melanie
My bestfriend told me 10days ago that she is pregnant, the day I started my 1st injections, Although I am really happy for her and know how difficult it was for her to tell me, as she has weathered the storm with me for the past 10 years.

I just fell more under pressure, do any of you feel like that when someone tells you they are pregnant or is it just me?

Totally understand. You can coast along nicely until someone announces they are pregnant.

Our best mates had a baby recently, she is 9 weeks tomorrow. We were hoping that we would be pregnant before them (that sounds nasty and it isn't meant that way, she came off the pill in the March and literally fell in the April). When you have been trying for 5 years it feels a bit unfair when it comes so easily to others.
The baby is lovely and I can honestly say that I don't grudge them their wee darling in the slightest, I do envy them though.

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 1:28pm

I know, I just feel when you walk into a room everyones eyes are on you to see what your going to do (maybe I'm just paranoid)

Anyway, has anyone been menopur injections? any side effects?
Melanie

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 1:34pm

I know that happend with my friend, she told me that they had discussed trying after xmas, but found out after xmas that she was pregnant, my other friend caught first time as well! some people have all the look............... I'm really excited about having treatment but also worried about how I will feel IF is does not work.

I laughed when I read about someone doing knicker watch after treatment, as have been guilty of doing that myself every month for 10years, even when It a month that we had not had nookie as DH had been away on business whats that all about
Melanie

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 1:35pm

Peppermint increases bloodflow (urge on period) so it might not be the best to drink at the 2ww

Aromatherapywise it is something to stay away from in early preg.
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 2:44pm

well minnie you have loads of tip to keep you going

hi to all the newbies
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 3:40pm

Melanie,

I have been on Menopur with all my cycles. What doseage are you on? I think that can reflect alot on whether you get many symptoms.

I have just found some Rooibos and vanilla herbal tea's in the cupboard!!!! [zx081] Where the jiggers did they come from???? Freaked out now.....

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 3:45pm

hi minnie
i can't do the herbal teas at all.
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 6:47pm

lol ....I am not sure (how pants is that!) it says 75 ui on the bottle if that means anything to you?
Melanie

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 6:51pm

LOL....I think that is classed as 1ampuole.....someone correct me if I am talking out my hairy butt :D
Are you taking one every day? Or every other day?

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 7:37pm

lol I take them daily in my thigh
Melanie

Tuesday, March 7th 2006, 7:48pm

Melanie,

Sounds like you are on a higher dose than me....I was every other day. In the thigh sounds ouchy. I was doing it in my extra tyre round my tummy!! :D Not much feeling there at all.
Have you been feeling ok?

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 1:34pm

Greetings earthlings!!!

Just got back....been to the clinic!
Got my meds. Menopur as before...and now also 'Bureselin'.
Start taking the Bureselin on day 2 and the Menopur from day three.
Well blow me down with a feather if I have not been concentrating, but I thought the downreg drug was a one off injection???? 8o 8o
Have to inject every day.....plus the Menopur every other day...eeeek!
Anyway the bestest news is that the cons is happy to go fro up to 3 follies!!! 3 BIG FAT JUICY FOLLIES!!!!
I am absolutely thrilled ...I know it sounds silly but its just a huge step for me this time.
So all systems go as soon as AF arrives......now I wait......SNORT!!! AGAIN!!!!

How are you all today????

XXX

TTC 4 yrs

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 1:36pm

Ace news min, 3 follies is great - 3 chances then eh.

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 1:45pm

Minnie,

I have felt a bit tired and a few headaches oh and a bit spotty, but apart from that okay.

I had my scan this morning, I have a follicle either side one 17.5 & the other 22 and my lining is 14.2 ( i'm new to this so not sure if this is great or not)

I have to take my pregnol tonight at 10pm and then I go back for insemination on Friday morning, excited & nervous all at the same time.
Melanie

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 1:48pm

Minnie,

I will keep my fingers crossed for you xx

Wot treatment is that you are having?
Melanie

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 2:06pm

Minnie - great news hun. I'm stuck down regging for 2 weeks before I can start stimming, it is dragging in.
So does that mean you are down regging and stimming at the same time then?
Melanie - that is FAB news, insem on Friday!!! Only 2 days away, you must be so excited - sending you loads of good luck vibes and baby dust.

I'm a bit fed up today, I'm going for some retail therapy tomorow to ease the boredom - I am going to squander me some cash lol :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Holly" (Mar 8th 2006, 2:21pm)

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 2:08pm

Minnie - Thats good news... when are you expecting AF ?

Buserelin is either in injection or "sniffers" nasal spray. Some people do take 1 injection that lasts for a while... but it seems your dose is lower so you may need it every day?
It's probably easier to inject it than sniff it. That you have to do every 4 hours, so you have to take the nasal spray with you whereever you go!

Melanie - those are great sizes! All systems go then :D
Lots and lots of luck with it. It should be a simple procedure & you'll be in and out in 1/2 an hour

xxx

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 2:09pm

Melanie

Good luck for your insem on Friday sweetheart.Your follies sound perfect!

xxx

Wednesday, March 8th 2006, 2:10pm

Holly - I was on the same protocol as you - d/regging for 2 weeks then stimming. it's crazy how one clinic's rules differ to anothers.. no wonder we ladies can get confused ?( :D :D

Enjoy your shopping tomorrow!

Lisa
x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE