You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Peppa

• "Peppa" started this thread

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 8:22am

Clomid - induced early ovulation.

I took clomid on days 2-6, suffered badly with side effects but scan on day 6 looked fine. I was supposed to be going for egg collection later this week as i was taking clomid as part of a mild stimm ifv cycle. However, the clomid seems to have caused me to ovulate on day 8 so the cycle had to be abandoned.

I usually ovulate around day 15, so this is really early for me.

Has anyone else had experience of this?
I'm just a bit concerned as they have said that we can try again next month and will keep the same clomid dose (100mg), wont the same thing probably happen?
I had 15 follies on scan on day 6 so it would seem that lowering the dose of clomid would be more sensible but i guess the docs know best.
Also, i would have gone for another monitoring scan this morning but this has also been cancelled - shouldn't they still monitor this cycle as i have taken clomid?

I would be grateful for any advice and to hear about other peoples experiences like this.
Thanks in advance

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 8:52am

Hi Michelle

I don't have any experience of IVF but I can tell you what clomid does to me. It def makes me ov earlier that I would/did in my normal cycle - not quite as early as you but sometimes around day 11.

15 follies sounds a lot if you were just being treated with clomid but I don't know what they would be looking for as part of the ivf treatment. I would imagine that if they could have continued with the treatment then you would have had another scan but if they can tell you have already ov'd then there may be little point scanning you again.

If they are not proposing to lower your clomid dose it may be that they are happy with how you reacted to it (in terms of number of follies) but that they will monitor you much earlier in the cycle next time to ensure you don't miss it.

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Peppa

• "Peppa" started this thread

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 9:04am

They had have told me to do exactly the same next month - clomid days 2-6. Scan and blood tests day 6.
It was day 6 that the scan was cancelled this month so surely they should not leave blood tests until day 6 next month?

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE