You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MrsP

• "MrsP" started this thread

Reg: Nov 27th 2007

Monday, February 11th 2008, 3:35pm

Clomid Prescription from Private Clinic

Hi all

I have searched the clomid threads and couldnt find the answer to this question. So here goes...
I suffer from PCOS and basically do not ovulate on my own. we are ttc but I feel like we are running but we are not even in the race (iykwim) as I know I am not ovulating so the chances of us `getting caught` naturally are pretty much zero :sadface:

I really want to try clomid but I know that my gp is unable to prescribe it as I need to see a con. The prob is that the fertility treatment where I live has been frozen due to funding (or lack of) so we were considering a private consultation but I am not sure if we can. Silly question, but do fertility clinics provide the first step basics such as clomid or do they just deal with icsi / iui / ivf etc..

If they do prescribe clomid and carry out the inital fertility tests, what kind of costs can we expect to be faced with?

Sorry for the long post....hope some out out there can help us
Best wishes to all x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, February 11th 2008, 3:46pm

Hi Donna

Yes, most private clinics will give you the options that they feel are best suitable to you so if they feel clomid is the first step then they will prescribe. Can I ask why your GP can't prescribe it for you? What tests have you had so far?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

MrsP

• "MrsP" started this thread

Reg: Nov 27th 2007

Monday, February 11th 2008, 4:07pm

Hi
thanks for the fast reply eeyore, much appreciated.

My GP is very good, his wife suffers from PCOS so he is sympathetic but his hands are tied in terms of prescribing. I have had bloods - no ovulation detected and an HSG - all clear. My DH awaiting SA

I just wanted to get the ball rolling as soon as possible as the NHS fertility in this area is non existant at the moment, may change in April when they review funding.

My Gp says the con will no doubt give me clomid but until he gets the go ahead from the hospital he cannot do anything, and I dont have a date yet - could be months

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Monday, February 11th 2008, 4:17pm

Oh Donna, I can't beleive your still stuck in limbo. It makes me so mad that you can be denied something quite simple because of our rubbish PCT.

If you want to stay local, try St Judes in Newcastle (private clinic just behind the polite vicar on sunnyside avenue I think the road is called). We got a bit of information from them but nottinghams results for ivf were too good to pass up. I know the cons at St Judes is Mr O'Brai (SP?) who is the same chap you will see at North Staffs. It is really frustrating that you would need to pay to see the same person but at least it could get the ball rolling.

Good luck sweetie

Ali xxx

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Monday, February 11th 2008, 4:21pm

hi there, not sure if all areas are comparable but aside from initial blood tests we had all our other tests done privately. we claimed on our private healthcare but i did get to see the costs. initial consultation was about 150. our GP referred us to the private cons and we had an appt within 3 days!! is your Dh getting his SA done through his GP? probably worth waiting for the results of that before seeing anyone privately. i'm not sure how much the tracking (bloods and scans) would be privately if the cons did prescribe Clomid but i'm sure that you could find that out in a couple of phonecalls.
good luck !

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE