You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sim

• "Sim" started this thread

Reg: Jan 11th 2008

Friday, February 8th 2008, 4:41pm

A question please

Hello everyone
I have a question I was hoping someone might be able to help me with. To provide a quick scenario, we've been TTC for 15 months, I am ovulating and have just had a lap & dye which thankfully showed no blockages etc. DH’s SA is average. We have been given an appt with our consultant in 3 months and I’m just wondering what to expect at this stage. From your experiences is Clomid the next step?
Any advice would be gratefully received – thanks guys xxx
Sim Me 31 Lap & Dye all clear / DH 31 low morphology / 1st cycle of Clomid -June 08

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, February 8th 2008, 4:59pm

Hi Sim

Hopefully this thread will help

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO INITIAL FERTILITY TESTS

If you are ovulating ok, there wouldn't be a need for your consultant to prescribe Clomid really, he may discuss IUI with you as a first step

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, February 8th 2008, 5:02pm

RE: A question please

hi there Sim.

i think it will completely depend on your consultant. we were in a very similar situation to you this time last year (although my DH's sperm motility and morphology were below average so we do have mild male factor). we saw 2 consultants - one private and one NHS. neither of them thought it was a good idea for me to take Clomid as they were sure i was ovulating fine and, like you, my lap and dye was clear.
i have known lots of ladies in here who are unexplained, like you, and have been prescribed Clomid though - it certainly seems to work for some people.

hope the appt goes well xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Sim

• "Sim" started this thread

Reg: Jan 11th 2008

Friday, February 8th 2008, 5:18pm

Hi Jensqui
Congratulations to you and your DH on your BFP!!! Thanks for your message, so did you manage to get there naturally?? I'm just a bit nervous of being left untreated cos there's nothing wrong with me and not that much wrong with DH, prob being dramatic there though!!! Take care and enjoy your mini bump xxx
Sim Me 31 Lap & Dye all clear / DH 31 low morphology / 1st cycle of Clomid -June 08

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Friday, February 8th 2008, 5:25pm

aw, thanks ! yes, we did get there naturally...and twice at that though sadly we lost the first miracle last year. we were about to start ICSI at the beginning of March so incredibly lucky. after my lap and dye last year (we'd been trying for almost 2 years then) i was at rock bottom. we asked about IUI cos it's less invasive but both cons thought it a waste of time as success rates pretty low and, i guess, Dh's sperm aren't the best quality!! there's a lot of people on here who've got pg through IUI though. so, IVF really was our next option and we'd just gone on the list when i fell last year.
when did you have a lap and dye? if you've read any of my other posts on this subject, i'll apologise now for my repetition but there seems to be some evidence for people getting pg within 6 months of having a lap and dye even if there were no blockages. obviously not everyone does but in some cases might just clean things out a bit! i'm sure they won't leave you hanging but will discuss options with you.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE