You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jan 23rd 2010

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 1:58pm

Hi
I am going to start ivf w/c 18th oct with egg collection w/c 1st nov. I am praying this will work. If I have frozen embryos on my first cycle would i get 3 frozen embryo transfers and how long would I have to wait in between ?

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 5:28pm

Hi me again is there anybody there!

Verity

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 5:33pm

Hi Bethany I haven't started with BH yet but my understanding is that you ould have to wait 6 months in between. I think you can have up to 3 FET depending how many they have.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Billie

Megastar

Reg: Oct 13th 2005

Children: Moving on from TX. Dedicating our lives to each other and fur-babies.

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 5:45pm

yeah it definately 6 months for NHS but less (3 months) for private.

Also as said in the other thread, You do get the FET's provided you get frosties but they are included as your 'goes'.
Upto 3 fresh goes but if the transfers are used up with frosties, you start to lose your fresh goes.
Saying that, if you have frosties, as an NHS patient, you have no choice but to use what you have before they will start you on another fresh go.

It can be complicated but hopefully you wont need to worry about all that.

(Obviously if you get PG and have a baby, you dont get anymore 'free' goes).
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
1st IVF & FET= No Transfer
4 x BFN

"Some days you're the dog........Most days you're the tree"

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 6:48pm

Hi
So if my attempt in oct I am unfortunate and my fresh cycle doesn't work but I have frosties I have to wait 6 months before I can use them and that would be my second go?

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 7:26pm

I may be wrong but i THINK the nhs 6month wait is only with fresh cycles but i wouldnt swear to it.
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:07pm

Thanks lynsey.
So if I have frosties then I can use them and it would only be classed as 1 attempt ?

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:18pm

Hi verity
When do you start your Ivf cycle? I feel wound up at the thought and I haven't even started yet .
I think I need something to take my mind off it I am doing too much thinking.
As somebody on the forum said you have to be made of strong stuff.

Verity

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:23pm

Hi Bethany, we're on the waiting list and have been told we wont be starting until the new year. It seems so far away at the moment but this site is great for taking your mind off things :)

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:27pm

Verity
Our fertility is unexplained too We start our first cycle w/c 18th oct egg collection w/c1st nov. Is this your 1st attempt ?

Billie

Megastar

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:29pm

Thanks lynsey.
So if I have frosties then I can use them and it would only be classed as 1 attempt ?

No, each time you transfer embryos, its classed as a 'go'.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Verity

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:30pm

yes it will be our first attempt. Are you going through the NHS and if so how long did you have to wait? We've basically been told that we're on the list and will be contacted the month before they want to start us so feel a bit in the dark!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:32pm

Billie, so you have to wait 6 months in between frozen ones?

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:43pm

Verity
We will get 3 cycles on the nhs. From been referred by our doctor to Addenbrooks to now I would say 18 months, I rang Borne and asked how long their waiting list was they told me when they got my referral it would be about 4 months.

Billie

Megastar

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:48pm

You'd have to ask about that if the time came but they might make it quicker since the drugs arent so hard on the body for FET
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:51pm

Thank you for you help Billie I am worrying about something that might not happen

Reg: Nov 18th 2009

Children: 3 Boys from 1st marriage (20, 21 & 25 years old)

Friday, August 20th 2010, 8:44am

Hi everyone,
sorry for butting in but this thread has brought up something I didn't know about.
I've been attending woodlands hospital which is like a satellite hospital for Bourn. I have my treatment at woodlands and just go to Bourn for the ET. Woodlands have announced that they are no longer going to provide an IVF service there and as I have 3 frosties I'm going to have to go directly to Bourn.
The question is ..........is the 6 month wait you're talking about before or after a fresh cycle. I've just completed a fresh cycle this month but waiting 6 months is going to take me past my 38th birthday :thumbdown: Tick tock
Does anyone know the answer to this???
Mayflower

1st attempt IVF/ICSI Nov 09 :BFN:
2nd attempt IVF FET Mar 10 :BFN:
3rd attempt IVF/ICSI/Blastocyst Aug 10 :BFN:
3 blasto frosties waiting to come home....4th attempt coming soon

Billie

Megastar

Friday, August 20th 2010, 8:53am

Your best move on this hun is to call them up and ask about their FET waiting times. There seems to be a bit of confusion about the 6 month thing.
It's definately 6 mths waiting time between fresh cycles but maybe because the drugs aren't so harsh for FET, they might not make you wait so long.

Hope you can get some answers that clarify it once and for all.

Good luck for your FET cycle hun when you start again.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Friday, August 20th 2010, 1:29pm

Thanks for that Billie,

good luck on your 2WW....I'll keep everything crossed for you xfingers
Mayflower

Friday, August 20th 2010, 5:09pm

I rang borne this morning and the nurse said that I was to use one fresh and 1 frozen per cycle then I would go to my second attempt
Bethany

Friday, August 20th 2010, 5:11pm

Forgot to say also its 1 month before they would do FET

Verity

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, August 20th 2010, 5:14pm

One month sounds much better than 6!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Billie

Megastar

Friday, August 20th 2010, 5:27pm

I rang borne this morning and the nurse said that I was to use one fresh and 1 frozen per cycle then I would go to my second attempt
Bethany

Ahhhh well thats an improvement. Sounds like they've changed the goal posts yet again then, which sucks for us oldies.(long term IVF'ers)
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Billie" (Aug 20th 2010, 5:32pm)

Friday, August 20th 2010, 9:44pm

Hi was anyone else aware of the changes with transfers
Bethany

Saturday, August 21st 2010, 6:36pm

Hi
Is anyone aware of the changes with egg transfers at Borne Hall Cambridge?
Bethany

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 4:23pm

Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

Sorry Bethany, I'm not sure what the protocol is at Bourn with regard to et, is this your first time with them?

Well I've been away for the weekend and at work all day so haven't yet got around to calling Bourn but the good news is that my nurse at Woodlands called me over the weekend and said if we go before xmas we can have our next treatment there (definately the last one though). I've got my follow up app booked for the 8th of September. One thing I do know though is that Bourn never question what I've done at the clinic, they just do the et and leave everything up to the Woodlands.....I usually go about 4-5 months between transfers.
I think I'm going to ask for some immune tests this time though....3 bfns when everything seems to be going so well is making me feel that there may be some issues with implanting...does anyone have any suggestions about what to go for?
Mayflower

Billie

Megastar

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 5:41pm

Are you speaking to Woodlands about the immune testing??
Its just that Bourn say theres no evidence and i'd be surprised if they entertained the idea.
Just a word of warning as i asked about steriods etc and was refused.

You might get lucky though.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 6:12pm

Hi mayflower,
Yes its my first Ivf attempt I am getting lots of good feedback about borne hall in cambridge which gives me confidence.
Bethany

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 10:52am

Hi just wondering during the 2ww do people have 2 weeks off work or do they carry on as normal ? Is there any evidence to say rest will help
Bethany

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 11:13am

Hi Bethany

Personally, I don't see having the 2 weeks off as an advantage. I've had 3 2WW after ICSI then FET. The first 2 times I had the time off work - 1 BFN result, then 1 BFP followed by m/c at 7 weeks. The final go I went through in May was a FET and I vowed I would not let it take over my life like the other times so I had the transfer then back to work the next day. I am a teacher in a larger secondary school and it was at a particulary stressful time of year - the most stressful few weeks I've had this year infact, running all over the place and all sorts and low and behold I am now nearly 16 weeks pregnant. (Having said that, if you've had an E/C then you probably should have a few days off at least just to let your insides recover)

Obviously it is a personal choice to make but I do believe that if the embie(s) wants to stick then it will and not much on the outside world will influence the outcome. Hope this helps!

Emma x

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 11:40am

HI
What does borne hall in cambridge class as 1 attempt. I am getting mixed advice. If the first fresh attempt fails but i have frozen embryos are they used in my first attempt or are are they for my second I vf cycle. Sorry it all seems a little confusing.
Living is suffolk I am lucky enough to get 3 cycles on the nhs.

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 1:04pm

At Bourn, if you are lucky enough to get your 'free 6 goes' on the nhs, you get 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles, provided you have enough frozen embryos.

You obviously will have a fresh cycle first. If it doesn't work and you are lucky enough to have frozen embryos, it is likely that they will want you to do a frozen cyle for your second go. When I did my first frozen cycle after my first icsi (well second but the first on the nhs), I spent weeks taking drugs but i didn't respond to the drugs so they cancelled the cycle. Because I hadn't reached 'transfer', this cycle was not included as '1' of the free goes (luckily).

Hope that all makes sense?

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 1:44pm

HI Emma
So the frozen embryos from the first attempt will be my second free turn ?
I thought that it was the first attempt until the frozen embryos were used and then start with fresh for the second free turn?

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 2:43pm

That's right Bethany - a frozen cycle is classed as one of your goes - regardless of which IVF cycle the embryos are frozen from. There's no specific order in which you will do a fresh or a frozen, it really depends on your circumstances ie, if you have any embryos left over to freeze, or you might not be able to have a transfer on your fresh go due to OHSS therefore you will have to have the transfer on a frozen cycle. The embryos I had transfered on my frozen cycle (classed as one free go) were a mixture of embryos I had stored from an ICSI cycle several years ago and a cycle from last October. Basically you can have 3 fresh goes and 3 frozen goes - in any order depending on your circumstances and what your consultant recommends. Obviously, it makes sense to try and use your frozen embryos before attempting another fresh go as you don't need all the injections etc etc.

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 4:40pm

Hi Billie, Bethany and Emm81,

phew there are a lot of questions going on here and I don't want to cross the thread.
Bethany, my job is quite physical and I've found that I get really stresses worrying about what I can and can't do in the 2WW so I tend to take the time off...especially on a fresh cycle because you can get very tender after the ec and if you have a lot of eggs a bit of taking it easy can make the world of difference.
Plus emm81 is right about the goes, every one counts.
Billie, I didn't know that was Bourns view on immune issues, I have my follow up on the 8th at woodlands (I think I've mentioned that already) so I shall ask Mr Newman what our best option is. I really don't want to do exactly the same thing as we've done every other time. It just doesn't makes sense. Maybe a transfer to Care Nottingham might be the way forward.

Oh and Bethany.......Bourn is great and the nurses are always lovely, they seem to be totally understanding whether it's your 1st or 21st go (god I hope it doesn't take me that long) the only reason I'm thinking of a transfer is I feel like I need to see what they're doing elsewhere..plus Nottingham is the only place that does this new genetic testing on the embryo (though I'm not sure we'll need to do that) I'm wishing all the luck in the world and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a first time BFP for you high5
Mayflower

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 7:02pm

Thank you Mayflower and Emma
Do you know how long you have to wait between transfers taking into account I am nhs

Reg: Jan 18th 2008

Children: 1 son 8

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 8:01pm

Can anyone help?
I am having ec at bourn tomorrow morning. We have decided all being well we would have embryos transfered before they get to blasto to ensure we have some left to freeze. They have said it would be day 2 transfer but I'm sure when we had it at Isis it was a day 3 transfer? Why do bourn do day 2? Is this normal?
DS: 8
TTC: 7 years
3 IUI 3 IVF all BFN

Miracle natural pregnancy 2 months into adoption
Baby girl due 10th Sept. 2012

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 8:28pm

Hi Louis2
I can't give you the answer to your question but I am sure someone will be along soon.

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 10:35pm

Hi Louis

Yes, every transfer I have had at Bourn has been day 2 - not sure why, but it's pretty normal. Good luck with the collection - are you having general?

Emma

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 4:59am

Hi Emma
do you know how long you have to wait in between transfers, taking into account I am NHS. It was mentioned when we went to the seminar that you had to wait 6 months in between. so I am thinking if my first fresh cycle fails I will have to wait 6 months before I can try again, it's such a long time
Thanks for your help.
Bethany

Billie

Megastar

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 8:23am

Hi Emma
do you know how long you have to wait in between transfers, taking into account I am NHS. It was mentioned when we went to the seminar that you had to wait 6 months in between. so I am thinking if my first fresh cycle fails I will have to wait 6 months before I can try again, it's such a long time
Thanks for your help.
Bethany

You'd have to ask about that if the time came but they might make it quicker since the drugs arent so hard on the body for FET

Bethany, I think you should call Bourn about the waiting times inbetween cycles.
3 or 4 girls have told you what they know in answer to your question but you keep repeating the question over and over. As most of us aren't doing FET atm, we dont know for sure those times but its DEFINATELY 6 months wait between fresh cycles for the NHS.
I know its a scary time hun but this is your first go. I think you should just concentrate on the fresh cycle on the 18th Oct for now.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 7:00pm

I agree - just start your fresh cycle, concentrate on that and try not to think any further ahead. You might not even need to worry about frozen xfingers

Waiting times were never really mentioned to me to be honest. As soon as my fresh cycle failed after a m/c I was told to wait at least 3 periods before trying again on a fet cycle but I was in no hurry to be honest. When you speak to your consultant about starting treatments they look at the calendar on a computer and simply see when you can be slotted in depending on how busy they are with transfers. I was extremely lucky to get treatment when there were cancellations but I know that since then they have got a lot busier and so waiting times are longer. Don't forget, it's likely that you'd go from a fresh to a frozen so the waiting time preobably wouldn't be as long as from a fresh to a fresh.

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 3:37pm

Hi
thank you Emma
As I said it's not an easy thing to do as you know. We are very lucky to have the nhs so we have to be grateful. You are all right concentrate on the 18th and fingers crossed. I was told that my amh level was
24.5 which I was told is good. Also I was surprised that the drugs would be sent by courier. We have made an appointment to be shown how to inject do you inject into your skin to practice?
Once again than kyou to everyone for your advice and support
Bethany

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 4:08pm

Hi Bethany,
the injections are pretty foolproof and you get used to them pretty quickly. My nurse showed me how to measure the correct amount and get the air out but on the day it was down to me....DP hates needles so stays away for that bit.

They go either in your stomach or at the top of your thigh...it's really up to you and within a couple of days you'll wonder what you were worried about. Anyway..you'll be far too excited thinking that your treatment is starting. After waiting so long it feels good to be actually doing something. This is a start of a huge adventure so enjoy it as much as you can, the girls are always here to give you advice along the way.
good luck
xx
Mayflower

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 4:22pm

Thanks Mayflower , last question for a while anyway! do you have to inject at certain times of day?

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 4:32pm

That's one your clinic can probably answer...my nurse said mornings but it really didn't matter. I work shifts and worried I'd be half asleep rushing to work and forget to inject so I always did mine before I went to bed.
I was told to take the Gonal F in the evenings though and the ovitrelle HAS to be taken at a specific time.
Hope that's helped a little...I've been waiting for the rain to stop as I'm dogsitting for a friend...it doesn't look like that's gonna happen so I'd better go now :windy:
Mayflower

Friday, August 27th 2010, 8:57am

HI
i have been asked to ring the clinic on the first day of my period. Not been too graphic but on tue I started with brown discharge, like a period but not red blood, wed it was red which day was the start I am worried by not telling them the right day it will mess things up.
Bethany

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, August 27th 2010, 9:18am

Day 1 is the first day of proper full flow bleeding, not spotting, so Wednesday would be day 1.

Friday, August 27th 2010, 9:21am

Thanks maria
thats what I am confused about it was brown just like a period but not red no spotting

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, August 27th 2010, 9:26am

You can just ring the nurses and explain. The earlier you ring the more likely you are to talk to someone as they are busy after 9.30 am

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE