You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 8:45pm

Hi Billie

The stimm injections are ok. I'm struggling with the new size of syringe for the d/r drug. I'm sure I'll get used to it! Howis your sniffing? You must be waiting for your A/F...

Have a nice weekend to all

ps- I like the idea of a mini Bourn thread!

Billie

Megastar

Reg: Oct 13th 2005

Children: Moving on from TX. Dedicating our lives to each other and fur-babies.

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 11:19pm

yeah we love our mini thread.
my sniffs are much better now.
sorry for the TMI but i have terrible green snot from it but thems the breaks. we have to go through it all to get our goal.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
1st IVF & FET= No Transfer
4 x BFN

"Some days you're the dog........Most days you're the tree"

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 8:16am

Green snot? Is that because of the sniffing? Poor Billie. I know we just have to do it.

Billie

Megastar

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 4:12pm

yeah its so gross.
it always sets off my sinuses. i hate sniffing.
hope you are ok today.
xxxx
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, November 23rd 2008, 8:49pm

Yes thank you Billie. I suffer with my sinuses as well and I think I actually preferr the injections to the sniffing.
What end of Suffolk do you live? I live in Ipswich.

Red08

Reg: Dec 2nd 2008

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 12:55pm

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself and say how all your messages have been so helpful and interesting to me. Have been reading over the last few weeks and finally joined up today!

My partner and I have been trying to conceive for a little over 4 years and have been told we need ICSI treatment. We have only just been discharged from our local hospital so know I am a long way off anything happening but wondered if anyone knew what the waiting lists are like at Bourne Hall and how long a wait I have?!

Any help would be fab as pretty new to all this and can't talk to my friends about it as they really don't understand.

Thanks xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 7:05pm

Hi I don't now about the waiting time as I'm doing it through the ipswich hospital. Why don't you check their website?

http://www.bourn-hall-clinic.co.uk/

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 2:10pm

hi,
Im off to Bourne Hall on Monday for a look around as my consultant at Addenbrookes suggested we do. Andgoing for my DH to have another SA to find out if we need to use a donar or not!
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, December 13th 2008, 5:19pm

I've had My e/t there and was very happy with it. Good luck

Lynsey

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 8:53pm

Hi
I would just like to say how lovely i think Bourn Hall Cambridge is!! Anyone thinking of going there for treatment i would really recommend it!!
The place is stunning, and the staff are soooo friendly and helpful!
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Billie

Megastar

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 9:57pm

I agree with you hunny, they are just totally fab, friendly, helpful and very calming.
Good luck with your cycle and getting that lovely bfp!!
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Reg: Jan 17th 2009

Children: 1 STEPSON 15 YEARS OLD & ONE DD 3 as a result of 1st ICSI :)

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 3:46pm

I am also a Bourne hall patient via the Bedford PCT contract & I cannot fault the treatment we have received so far :happy: The environment is so relaxing & it certainly did the job for us :D Cant wait to go back again for our 1st scan :smile:

Take care all x
SCOTTIE
1st ICSI 09 - DD born :girl_blum:
Jan 12 FET - :BFN::-(
Our journey has ended...forever grateful for our miracle [zx160]

Billie

Megastar

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 10:30pm

congratulations on you bfp hun.
well done to you, dh and bourn hall!!
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 7:43pm

Just Back from Bourn and they were lovely!

They are a lot busier with the new contract but I think it will get busier. We were lucky to get such a quick turnaround cos we had our firstnhs IVF there less than 6 months ago so I still meet all the nhs criteria. My GP was a star and has referred me on time properly so it's all in hand. They are pretty much fully booked till septmber. After that I think all the 'new' people will join us IVF veterans, once they have done all the tests and have been referred by thei GP/consultant. So I don't think they will be as flexible with the dates in the future (unfortunately) but you never know!

So we've decided to go with them as it's free and quicker than isis cos they don't have to wait for my notes, they already have them!

Billie

Megastar

Friday, May 22nd 2009, 10:44pm

so when are you actually starting then hun?
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Eirlys

Reg: Feb 19th 2009

Children: Hundreds...but none of my own!!

Monday, May 25th 2009, 9:08pm

Hello all, well it's been an incredibly long journey but we are finally due to start treatment some time next month at Bourne Hall. Do you both have to go to the introductory seminar does anyone know? My husband is due to be away with work and I can't bare to post pone after finally getting our foot in the door! We're NHS by the way.

Big thanks xxx
Jane x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Eirlys" (May 25th 2009, 9:09pm)

Eirlys

Reg: Feb 19th 2009

Children: Hundreds...but none of my own!!

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 2:24pm

Hello...any Bourne Hall regulars out there?! I've just had the date through this morning and it does say that you both have to attend but I was wondering what happens on your first visit because my husband and I have been through IVF twice before so a lot of what they might talk about; we're already aware of. What if I said we'd both go and then he was really ill that day?! Hmmmm????

Any ideas????!!!!! xxx
Jane x

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, May 26th 2009, 5:38pm

Hi Jane,
I did go to one of the introductory seminars, and it was quite relaxed. You are given a tour of the grounds, then one of the doctors gives a presentation, and finally you have tea and cakes and the doctor is available to talk to during that time if you have questions you didn't want to ask infront of anyone else.
Perhaps your DH could try calling them to explain the situation? It seems silly to delay things just because of a clash of dates. I hope you can get it sorted.
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, May 30th 2009, 7:55am

Hi Jane,

I didn't attend the seminars as like you I've had IVF on the nhs/bourn before, less than 9 months ago so all my tests were still valid .

You need to go on the seminars if you didn't have nhs treatment last time, if you didn't go to Bourn before and if more than 9 months have passed from your last treatment as you will need to re-do the tests again.

It is best if you both go there together. Then they will tell you what you both need to do next. The first appoinment is also compulsory for both of you. After that your partner hasn't got to go again untill egg collection.

Hope this helps you. If you want more info just ask! You can PM me too if you like.
All the best

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 9:23pm

I think we should start a Bourn chatter.... There's a few of us that go there. Maybe we could share ourr stories?

Billie

Megastar

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 11:36pm

I'd like that Maria. From me though you'll only get half the story. Well Only the ET part actually as i'm still dont the transport IVF.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 8:31am

:happy:
I am a Bourn lass :snigger: as Marie knows bless her xx
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

Reg: Jun 8th 2009

Children: I believe it will happen one day for us

Friday, July 3rd 2009, 4:17pm

Hi Bourn Ladies

Been chatting with Betty Boop and Maria in other threads but wanted to introduce myself on this one, even though our first journey has just ended with a very sad story.

Basically after 15 eggs collected in May, just 3 fertilised (we didnt have icsi) 1 degenerated so my last 2 top grades 3 day embryos were transfered and we got our BFP !!!! However our HCG levels were very low initially at 52.13 but then rose to the correct level a few days later, all going well until our 35 day scan last Friday when we sadly saw a little heartbeat, but our baby was ectopic.

So after having both baby and left fallopian tube removed at Ipswich Hospital on Saturday we have to find the strength to start again as we have no frozen embryos for a rainy day, and our rainy day is certainly here.

Would love to chat to you all as sadly the waiting rooms seem to be a very quiet waiting room! Even though I would love to have a good old natter and would love to meet up with anybody living in the Ipswich area?

Big Hug and Luck to everybody xxxx

Billie

Megastar

Tuesday, July 7th 2009, 11:44pm

Hi racheal,

I will join you on a BH chatter thread. DH and I are considering going to Bourn for the full tx instead of doing transport.
We were hoping to be starting again sometime around Aug/sept but still waiting to hear.

what i am wondering is...if i do decide to go the whole hog a Bourn, do i go on the bottom of the waiting list again and have to wait a minimum of 18 weeks or, since i am already on the NHS list, does that then just transfer over?

so many questions, i might book in with my GP tomorrow
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Reg: Jan 21st 2008

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 2:59pm

referred to Bourn Hall

Hi there
After an eternity of tests, waiting, appointments and 3x unsuccessful IUI at Ispwich, we've finally got a date to be seen at Bourn Hall for IVF (due to unexplained).

We've got seminar in August, and Consultant Appt in October.

Can anyone who's done this bit already (via NHS funding), advise a bit more on timings. When will I actually get the physical ball rolling, is it after consultant appt or after seminar? The waiting game is so frustrating isn't it? I'm also still a bit clueless about all the acronyms and slang terms, so please be gentle with me?!

Thanks so much,
F&G

Billie

Megastar

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 4:48pm

hey there F&G!!!

welcome to the Bourn thread!!
firstly, if you put a post in the newbie section, the mods on there will help you with all you need to know as a newbie.

as for Bourn...you will start the physical ball rolling after the consultation. but when you go to the seminar, do ask about any cancellations (if you want to be seen quicker of course) because sometimes they will have some appts that havent been taken.

The seminar is really good hun. very informative and you can have 1 to 1 chats after the presentation if you need to.

also, be sure to have a slither of their cake, very tasty :snigger:

where in suffolk are you from? i'm from near Newmarket.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Lynsey

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 5:40pm

Im at bourn but when all tx started i was between bourn and Addenbrookes as im NHS funded. But as things continued and addenbrookes stopped their partnership i had a cancelled cycle then a BFN iv hardly had any waiting time at all!!! In some ways it seems iv got appointments quicker than self funded people, either that or just been very very lucky.
hope that makes some sense
LYNSEY xx

WE ARE ADOPTING
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 10:11am

Thank you

Thanks Bilie and Lynsey
Good advice about asking about cancellations (and about the cake!). I'll keep you posted on how we get on.

Boxerboo

Reg: Jun 22nd 2009

Children: We live in hope that one day we will be blessed.

Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 11:11pm

Hi Fred & Ginger

I'm also at Bourn Hall and just started drugs this week. This was also our first time and like Lynsey appear to have been seen very quickly. Got letter confirming NHS funding through early Apr and went to Seminar end of May. At the seminar they just run through procedures - when we went there was about 35-40 couples. You book your consultation at this seminar and ours was 3 weeks later. I know an IVF nurse from Bourn who had warned me not to get my hopes up before going to the consultation as they were fully booked until late Sept so was not expecting to start treatment til later in the year. At our consultation we were told that they were now booked up until Oct but then the consultant came back saying they had a cancellation and I could start the following month so defo ask about cancellations.

I missed out on the cake though - swear they had none the day I went for my Seminar!!

Wishing you loads of luck.

Thursday, July 30th 2009, 9:54am

Hi Billie

I will be back there in October/November for second lot of treatment! Maybe we could be cycle buddies??

Good Luck Boxerboo & Lynsey , I wish you all the luck in the world for your treatement. Hope the sniffing is going Ok? I hated that bit, felt really low and suffered with hot flushes lots! :O

xx

Thursday, July 30th 2009, 10:00am

:happy: :happy:
Hi ladies F&G, i got my treatment a month earlier as there was a cancelation!! i just phoned up one day and started the following week :happy:, i didnt go to the seminar though, i just went for a consultation, if i remember i went in April (private) and was due to start in June, but managed to start in May, good luck, and as you can see thankfully it worked for me, so i wish you all the luck!!! 88)
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Thursday, July 30th 2009, 10:13am

encouraging

blimey, you girls make it sound so easy and straightforward. Fingers crossed all goes well.

thanks, and good luck everyone.
Our seminar is 20 August, is anyone else going that day?

F&G
x

Thursday, July 30th 2009, 10:37am

Hi Fred & Ginger

Good Luck with all your treatement, if I could give you any advice it would be try and relax and great that you have found a website forum like this to bounce any questions to us all. I wish I had of joined earlier than I did.

I'm not going to the Seminar but you should get booked in for your treatment on that day. We were advised to get there a little earlier so we could get first dibs at the dates! So there is a little tip! :P

I was there a couple of weeks ago and managed to get booked in for treatment in 3 months time.

Let me know as we could be having treatment around the same time?

xx

Boxerboo

Thursday, July 30th 2009, 8:50pm

Bettyboop

Congrats on your BFP, hoping Bourn is as good for the rest of us!

F & G good luck on your journey.

Boxerboo

Thursday, July 30th 2009, 8:52pm

Bettyboop

Just noticed you are expecting twins - double congrats! Did you have a DET? I thought Bourn were no longer doing that or is that only for NHS funded treatment?

Xx

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 1:49pm

:happy: Hi Boxerboo, sorry, what is DET? i had private treatment at Bourn cos my NHS are useless!
me x
bab10 bab11

IVF May 2009 BFP

Boxerboo

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 8:49pm

:hello: Bettyboop

Sorry I've only been on here a couple of weeks but have just about swallowed some of the abbreviations that everyone uses as I was sooo lost to start with!

DET - is double egg transfer i think! We were told you can only have one egg transferred at Bourn now however I am sure that is because we are NHS funded. As you say you are private so I guess you got the choice?

Hope all is well with you and good luck.

Reg: Aug 15th 2009

Children: Bourn Hall

Saturday, August 15th 2009, 6:50pm

I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

My DH & I are just starting out on our IVF journey and our appointments for Bourn came through today! We are going to the seminar on the 3rd September (is anyone else going to this?) and our consultation is on the 14th.

It says our treatment will start as soon as possible, can any of you guys remember how long you had to wait between consultation and starting treatment? (I know I'm being impatient!)

Anyway, just wanted to join you all in the thread, will keep you up to date with our story.

Sarah.

x

Boxerboo

Saturday, August 15th 2009, 9:53pm

Hi Sarah

Welcome to FZ! It has kept me sane over the past few weeks and everyone is so nice and really helpful and supportive.

My DH and I are also being treated at Bourn, everyone there that we have met so far is lovely. Our seminar was on the 31st May and our consultation followed on the 19th June. Due to increase in numbers now that they are accepting 3 free NHS attempts I believe the wait list is longer than previous. We were told it was about 3-4 months wait after consultation however on the day of our consultation they offered us an immediate start as they'd had a cancellation so we were really lucky.

Anyhow hope you get on well at your seminar and consultation and good luck on your journey.

Lynsey

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 7:03am

Hi Sarah
We're also at bourn hall, really boxerboo has said it all, the staff are lovely there and I really feel that iv been taken good care of at bourn.
As for waiting lists etc I can't really help as when I started out on this ivf journey bourn were in partnership with reproductive dept in addenbrookes so I was between the 2.
But since I have been just at bourn iv not really had any real waiting today especially compared to some ladies on here at other clinics.
Anyway good luck to you!
O iv never had one but apparently their homemade cakes come highly recommended!
LYNSEY xx

WE ARE ADOPTING
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Maria69

Reg: Aug 16th 2009

Children: none - Hoping 1day it will be our turn!!

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 6:24pm

Newbie - Starting Ivf Cycle on 16th September

HI, I'm Maria and new here. Also New to IVF.

I'm a mixture of emotions at the mo, excited and nervous!

Just wanted to make some friends, who I can talk to. I don't know if there is any one out there who is gonna be on the same cycle I am, but would ike a cycle buddy to joing me for our ride! I'm starting the Nasal Spray on the 16th September, the w/c 5th October should be startiing injections & scans etc.

Would also like to hear from people with thieir experiences from Bourne Hall & IVF itself. And also any tips people have. What do people think of Acupunture?

Bourne Hall has been brilliant so far, I think it's been really nice, friendly and helpfull place.

Sorry for going on!

Baby dust to everyone!
maria
:smile:
Ipswich Hospital:
4 Clomid Cycles -BFN
3 IUI Cycles - BFN

Bourne Hall:
Starting Syneral Spray -16th Sept 2009

Hoping one day it will be us!!

Monday, August 17th 2009, 10:52am

Hi Maria

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck honey with your journey. I too had my first lot of treatment at Bourn Hall in April, they are so very lovely aren't they. You can ask me anything you like sweetie and I will answer what I can. I am having my second go there October/November. Starting Nasal spray early October with EC & ET early November.

I didn't do acupuncture but have heard some positive things about it. I did take supplements though.

Feel free to PM me anytime (I live just outside of Ipswich, so not far from you!)

xxxx :smile:

Reg: Sep 1st 2009

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 5:00pm

RE: Newbie - Starting Ivf Cycle on 16th September

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all of this but think I'm getting my head round the abbreviations! I am going to Bourn Hall for seminar on 17th September and have consultation on 26th! Very excited just want to get started straight away - no patience! I had it in my head that treatment would start October but looking at some of the posts is it true you have to wait? I feel like I've been waiting forever already! Any help would be great!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 5:30pm

Hi Angelmoyise

Ah things are on the move for you, wish you lots of luck with your treatment. It is such a beautiful place and brilliant care. You may to wait a month or so, it all really depends on how busy they are, but when you have your consultation on the 26th you will have an idea of when you will be starting. Who are you seeing on that day? xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 5:38pm

Hi everyone,

More Bourn ladies... I suppose with the new contract that's to be expcted.
I found the waiting tlist for the consultation is 2-4 months, but then they seem to be quick with tx as they have cancellations.

Reg: Jun 4th 2009

Children: not my destiny

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 4:41pm

Hi,

I am thinking about going to Bourn Hall for a potential second IVF (privately funded) treatment. Everything I'm reading on this thread points to a respectful and understanding clinic.

I'm scared of the cost, it comes at both the wrong & the right time..... Also raising all sorts of emotions in me again. Help!
What are the experiences for ladies over 35 going to Bourn Hall?

Your thoughts and reassurances would be appreciated.
Dizzybird
Barts: IVF Jun 09 BFN, Create: ICSI Nov 09, Mar 10, Sep 10 - all BFN

TAS

Ace

Reg: Jun 5th 2008

Children: 1 gorgeous baby girl born Dec 2010

Friday, September 4th 2009, 8:22pm

Hi Dizzybird

I was 36 when I started treatment at Bourn last year. On our first attempt at IVF with blasto in July 08 we got a BFP but unfortunately had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.

I have had another fresh IVF cycle and a FET this year which have both turned out to be negative so they are going to try Clexane after ETon our next round in Oct/Nov. I will be almost 38 when we start the next IVF so fingers crossed this time will work because when you look at the statistics there is a big drop between 37 & 38!

The clinic is set in great surroundings, all of the staff are top class, so friendly and understanding.

We are private patients as we don't have any funding at all where we live (which is terrible!) so waiting lists don't seem to be a problem for us, just usually have to wait for a couple of AF's before trying again. I know they do ask you to phone in case of cancellations so hopefully you wont have to wait too long.

I would thoroughly recommend them.

Tracey

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TAS" (Sep 4th 2009, 8:23pm)

Reg: Aug 15th 2009

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 7:50pm

Tas,

I was at Bourn last week, and they told us not to worry too much about the statistics when it comes to age.

The under 38 figure include women in their 20's so the figures are bound to be better. The figures over 38 include women up 43, and obviously the chances don't drop over night, it decreases over time. So don't think of yourself as 38, think that you will be 37 and 12 months!

Sarah.

x

Lynsey

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 7:52pm

even after 2 bfn with FETs with bourn, i still say they are fab and couldnt wish for a better clinic so near by
LYNSEY xx

WE ARE ADOPTING
Finally I AM A MUMMY

TAS

Ace

Reg: Jun 5th 2008

Children: 1 gorgeous baby girl born Dec 2010

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 8:00pm

Thanks Sarah!

I had a chest and heart health check at work today and my age came out at 27!! it made my day!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE