You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Duffymoon

Megastar

• "Duffymoon" started this thread

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 11:26am

NURTURE, Nottingham

NURTURE = Nottingham University Research and Treatment Unit in Reproduction

:hi: I'm at Nurture and currently on 2nd ICSI cycle.....here's what I'd say about it...

It's a small clinic but highly rated and currently no.9 on HFEA stats - it's top in the Midlands - woohoo!

Very difficult to fault given we have no comparison but these are the good points:

:)) Lovely consultants
:)) Lovely nurses
:)) Good admin procedures
:)) Easy to contact and approachable

Not so good

:( Reception a bit "small" often standing on busy scan days
:( Scans at 7.30am....good if you work but busy traffic if leave it too late
:( Multi storey car park can be a nightmare!!! and can jam (I'm not kidding!)

Cost for our first ICSI in October 07 was :

Initial consultation £140
Antral follicle scan £120
Drugs £686
GA £220
IVF £2200
SSR £1100
ICSI £850
HFEA fee £104.50

Total £5420

Cost for our second ICSI in February 08 is zero.....the other good thing about living in this PCT...waiting list is just a year (at time of typing!) - you get three goes on the NHS (for every private go, you knock one off)....and you can choose between Nurture and CARE Nottingham. Because we had our first cycle at Nurture, we have carried on there. It was extremly simple to organise.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Nurture!

xxxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Nov 22nd 2007

Children: William and Charlotte

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 12:35pm

I have a consultaion at Nuture on 20th Feb.

We are not local to this Nottinghamshire clinic but being from North Staffordshire, our PCT do not cover any fertility treatment, so due to not having a lot of money available for treatment we decided to go for the best in the area that we could find. This was Nuture.

We started by attending an information evening which was very helpful and meeting the lovely people there did make our minds up for us.

I am very excited/nervous about forthcoming treatment and we are hoping to be eligable for egg share.

Will post more info on clinic when I have more experience.

IVF #1 2008 :BFP: William born 15/2/09
Our 6 yr TTC journey WAS over
Shocking natural :BFP: Charlotte born 10/9/11
:happy: Our family is now complete :happy:

cooper

Reg: May 14th 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin boys born 2/2/09

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 8:28am

RE: NURTURE, Nottingham

Hi,

Just thought I'd mention that the NHS only give 1 free IVF treatment in the Nottinghamshire area now which is very disappointing for couples who cannot afford to pay privately if the first doesn't work.

Thanks Duffymoon for the good/bad points about Nurture though. One more point to add to the good is a free bus service called medilink that goes from the city hospital and stops at a various places on the way to QMC every 10 minutes. There are a couple of 'Park & Ride' stops it includes. Wilkinson Street P&R and Queens Drive P&R. I've got on at the City Hospital and it took 15-20 mins to the QMC (late morning). Obviously slightly longer in rush hour!

I was also told by Heather (the nice receptionist) that the stats for last year show a 50% chance of getting pregnant first time around for IVF. I have no idea if this is correct but she said she had just compiled the data. Sounds good though!

Cheers,
Cooper

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 9:29am

Hey Cooper, I too think the free park and ride is a fab idea (except for early morning scans as it doesnt start until 8am).

The last time I was there I got on the bus to back to Queens Drive but caught the City bus by mistake and it took us an hour to go to the City, back to QMC then onto Queens drive, and all this time my meds were on ice waiting to be put in the fridge. :snigger: I won't do that again.

What a shame the PCT have changed their policy from 3 to 1 NHS funded cycle, but I am from Stoke and have chosen Nurture as we get zero unding, not even meds, bloods etc. I cannot tell you how angry I am at the PCT at the moment.

Good luck at Nurture and who knows, we may bump into each other.

xxx

cooper

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 1:26pm

Hi ALI BIRD!

I am so sorry you didn't get funding :8o:

Good luck to you too and maybe we will see each other at Nurture :smile:

Cooper xxx

Wednesday, May 14th 2008, 1:38pm

:thumbsup2:

Love the avatar

xxx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 9:08am

Hello,

I've not been reffered yet but my cons was saying that they usually reffer to Sheffield or Leeds but after doing some research and stuff I said that I wanted to be reffered to Nurture and he agreed and said that they have excellent live birth rates. He had obviously heard about them which is a good sign.

Was just wondering how long the waiting list is there if anyone knows?

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Duffymoon

Megastar

• "Duffymoon" started this thread

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 11:35am

Hi Flic

You haven't said if the referral is private or NHS ?(

I can help you with both though timings change all the time :D

When we went on the waiting list in January 07 we were told it was a year and that was spot on.

For private, you'd have a referral consultation and then from there it's mainly up to you.

Nurture do the long protocol as standard so that's a day 21 start.

We decided to have one private before our NHS go and we had a consultation on Aug 14th and I was starting day 21 down regging drugs on September 10th. They fit you into a *block* and you ring on day 1 of your period.

They do an antral follicle count which is done day 1-3 of your period and base your drug dose on these findings. They'll also take blood for FSH at this appointment.

All of this info is just based on my experience there but obviously things change and it's nearly a year since I was last treated there.

Incidentally, there have been two other girls (Ali Bird and Sladey) who were first time successes - I'm just a difficult case! :snigger: I've since moved to CARE Nottingham who are up there with the best and I've moved there because of needing immunology treatment.

Hope this helps. apart from not getting pregnant!, I really can't fault Nurture and would highly recommend them. The consultants/nurses and team in general are all brilliant.

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

cooper

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 12:35pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Duffymoon

Incidentally, there have been two other girls (Ali Bird and Sladey) who were first time successes - I'm just a difficult case! :snigger: I've since moved to CARE Nottingham who are up there with the best and I've moved there because of needing immunology treatment.

Hope this helps. apart from not getting pregnant!, I really can't fault Nurture and would highly recommend them. The consultants/nurses and team in general are all brilliant.

I'm a first time success at Nurture too. Just gave birth to 2 beautiful boys on the 2nd Feb. :)

Would highly recommend Nurture.

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 2:15pm

Flic, welcome to the Nurture club :snigger:

I cannot praise them enough for everything that they did for us and my beautiful boy is proof that they know what they are doing.

Duffy's description of the protocol is pretty spot on, we self funded so started as soon as there was a spot available which was 2 months after the consultation. They are highly professional and also very welcoming and put us at ease from the start. We found the tx relatively stress free which I believe was a mixture of the help on here and from them.

Good luck with your tx and I sincerely hope that you get the end result as we have been so lucky to get blowkiss

x

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 5:51pm

Hello!

I'd be self funded as DH has children. I'm lucky he has super sperm really.

Everything I read about Nurture is good. Even their website is good, I was looking at some of the others and their websites just weren't as welcoming. I don't know what it was about Nurture that has drawn me to it but I really want to be reffered there. Its about an hour and a half away from where we live but the other clinics the cons was gonna reffer us to were and hour and 15 mins away so doesn't make much difference.

Its good to hear that they are pretty quick too. They must be so well organised.

Plus I hear that they have a good egg sharing scheme which is something I'd like to do. Been discussing it with DH and my mum and my cousin and my best friend and they all think its a wonderful idea. I've also read that they have a good live birth rate too!!

I just have to wait 2 clomid cycles and then I'm there!!!

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 10:49am

Good luck sweetie xfingers.

We too looked into the egg share as it is something we both feel strongly about (and the money saving is always welcome) but my FSH levels to slightly too high meaning that my eggs were not quite up to scratch. If you opt for egg share then the tx will take a while longer as they need to find a suitable recipient and time both of your cycles into sequence so it may take a few more months. Whatever you decide to do, all the best for the future.

Take care, x

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 6:41pm

Thanks Ali Bird!

Last time I checked my FSH was 6 I think.

To be honest I don't mind waiting. I've waitied this long a little longer isn't gonna do much. Plus someone else will have a chance.

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 11:12am

FSH is good, it needs to be below 9 for them to consider you :happy:

I know what you mean about wanting to help another couple, I think about it all the time and though I can't donate, DH is definately going to. With all the stories and the friends that I have made on here, I want nothing more than to give something back.

You are both very special people for doing this.

Take care and good luck, x

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 7:00pm

Hello,

Thats exactly how I feel too. I'm hoping it won't take them too long to see me after I finish my clomid but the hospital I'm at now is really really rubbish. They've been no help at all. Its all you guys on here that keep me going.

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 9:22pm

Hello,

I'm being reffered here after I have my op to remove cysts.

I've been diagnosed with 1 polycystic ovary, I don't have any symptoms and my bloods are all normal as it didn't show up in my bloods. Will they still let me egg share does anyone know?

Reg: Nov 5th 2008

Children: nurture

Thursday, April 30th 2009, 8:57pm

Flic,
Have just come across this thread and wanted to wish you all the luck.
Nurture were brilliant with me and my experience was just how Duffy explained. I couln't egg share due to my age(42) and to be honest I think I needed them all myself :smile: but would have done given the chance. I'm currently 21 weeks pg and was first time luck for me too. I did loads of research and I went for Nurture because of the sucess rates for my age group and just got a good gut feeling when I rang and spoke to them. I would choose them again anytime.
Wishing you all the best and please let us know how you get on. x

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, May 1st 2009, 10:51am

Hi Kerry!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks for that! You've given me a bit of hope!

I just hope I can egg share with one PCO. As I don't have any symptoms and my bloods are all normal I'm hoping that it will be ok.

Fingers crossed!

cibox

Reg: Sep 30th 2009

Saturday, October 1st 2016, 8:20pm

any more members been here ?

Thanks

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE