You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chalmers206

Superstar

• "chalmers206" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Monday, February 4th 2008, 6:51pm

PESE. then vasectomy reversal.

hi all,

Does anyone know how many times you can have pese/tese before it damages the tissue?. or makes it impossible for a vasectomy reversal?

I have been speaking to a few people on another site whos dhs have had a vas reversal and its been successful second time round. But i told them we are thinking of ssr/icsi first as i think it would be wasting time going for the reversal. They advised to think of going for it first as you can only do ssr a few times then it damages the tissue.

Does anyone know if this is true?.
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

ravan

Star

Reg: Aug 19th 2007

Monday, February 4th 2008, 7:15pm

Hi Kat...I can only give you my experience here,but I'm sure there are others who will give you more advice.

As you know we ummed and arred about my hubby having a second reversal!But after discussing with the cons it seems that the tissue heals itself...they gave Andy a 90% chance of getting sperm from his 2nd Tesa and 30% chance of sperm returning in another reversal.....they go from original vas(Andy's was over 14 years ago)

Dont know if it helps...but thats my thought...go with your gut(and a good con!)
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
3 fet blast-1 bfp-ectopic
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

chalmers206

Superstar

• "chalmers206" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Monday, February 4th 2008, 8:45pm

hi ravan,

thanks for your advice. We dont know what to do for the best. we had our mind set on ssr/icsi, but this doc seems really good. people from all over the country go to him and they have had successful reversals and pregnancies.

I have phoned the clinic and they say there is a 59% chance that it would work.
They even done an op on one guy that had had the vas done for 25 and it was a success.

I dont know what to do.

Maybe some of the others can offer help.
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE