You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 14 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Sunday, February 3rd 2008, 6:42pm

Amazing Tomatoes!

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place for this or even if I am supposed to quote straight out of the newspaper (so sorry if I am being naughty) but here it is anyway...................hot off today's Mail on Sunday...................

'Studies have shown that giving men with no reason for infertility 8mg of lycopene daily until their sperm normalised resulted in a 36 percent pregnancy success rate'

Time to get eating those tomatoes me thinks!!

:thumbsup2:

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Sunday, February 3rd 2008, 9:18pm

i think you may have to heat the tomatoes...i think thats how its realeased from the skins
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

Children: if only!

Sunday, February 3rd 2008, 9:32pm

Either heat or mechanical crushing (e.g., puree) helps release the lycopene and make it bioavailable to your digestion.

Lycopene is one of the compounds that give tomatoes their red colour and has a similar action to the purple coloured antioxidants in pycnogenol, red grapes and pomegranites and the green ones in broccolli/kale/dark green cabbage.

Antioxidants help throughout the body to prevent damage to DNA/other cell proteins and help sperm production mainly by reducing the amount of damaged proteins in sperm to reduce the proportion of sperm with poor form (shape) or motility.

The cheapest way to max out on lycopene is to add extra tomato puree to your cooking.

Ketchup and tomato soup are rich in lycopene but have a lot of extra sugar and salt which aren't so good for you.

Reg: Dec 30th 2007

Children: Was Lister

Sunday, February 3rd 2008, 9:33pm

I'd heard about this too and as my DH has poor sperm mobility he's been taking tomato soup over the course of our recent treatment. There are levels of lycopene in tomato sauce (ketchup) but only low I think. Still every little helps.

P

4 ICSI - all BFN
Poor responder (6 eggs max on left ovary only)
High NK cells
Considering Egg Donation

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Sunday, February 3rd 2008, 9:47pm

but you have to make sure its good quality ketchup made from tomatoes and not pumpkin or something like that!

i used to make pasta and put cherry toms in it.... cooked with the sauce....
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 14 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE