You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

haylz79

• "haylz79" started this thread

Reg: Jan 20th 2008

Children: LIVERPOOL WO

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 8:55pm

clomid and bmi

Hiya all was just wondering if the nhs have a weight guideline to prescribe clomid. if so is there any weight rules f i pay a private cons.

thanks xxxx

[

treezuk

Superstar

• "treezuk" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 31st 2007

Children: 1 son : Mckenzi Henry born 23/10/08 !!!

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 9:21pm

I think it depends on the area you live in i know a lady in Kent who got clomid from her hospital at 22 stone with no issues but i couldnt get it from my local hospital and i live in South London...Regarding private im not to sure really...
Me (Teresa) 28 / DH 31
DS Mckenzi Born 23rd Oct 08
TTC Since 2004.. Two Miscarriage's... 21st July 05 & 28th July 10

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

Children: if only!

Sunday, January 27th 2008, 9:40pm

Haylz - maybe its worth looking at these articles from the BMJ?

They go some way to explaining why different doctors have very different views on bmi prescribing guidelines for clomid.

BMJ article about PCOS, clomid, BMI & obesity

Reg: Jun 21st 2012

Monday, January 28th 2008, 7:48am

my gynae has never mentioned my weight (seems v weird when i hear the stories on here!). it was 40 when i first saw him its 32 now and when i told him about my weight loss he was very pleased. he said there are no restrictions as such yet its a personal decision of the doctor but he thinks it will become restricted in years to come.

just go for it and see what they say.

kaz
x
TTC 2004
5 IVF = 3 Early MC ;(

FET sept 2012 Tentative BFP please please stick little bean

haylz79

• "haylz79" started this thread

Reg: Jan 20th 2008

Children: LIVERPOOL WO

Monday, January 28th 2008, 10:01am

Thanks girls.

think i will call a private clinic for avice. My cons mentioned a bmi of less than 30, but i didnt know if it was negotiable as i mnaged to get metformin.

Will call and update post.

Thanks

[

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE