You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "anita77" started this thread

Reg: Jan 15th 2008

Monday, January 21st 2008, 12:16pm

Herts and Essex Fertility Centre, Cheshunt

Has anyone got any experience with this centre?

ICSI May 2008 - BFN
1st August- :BFP: (natural)

Baby Girl born on 04/04/2009

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Monday, January 21st 2008, 12:25pm

RE: Essex fertility centre(now known as Herts&Essex Fertility centre)

FANTASTIC is the only word I will use about the essex fertility centre (Holly House) which is now Herts & Essex, has just moved from Buckhurst Hill.

We were with them for 20 months, they are brilliant, very special nurses/lovely fertility doctors, very professional, always positive , we had 3 iui's, 2 ivf's & now have twins aged 22 months.

Are you starting treatment there?

Lisa x
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Jan 21st 2008, 12:29pm)

Monday, January 21st 2008, 1:18pm

Thanks for your reply. My story is very complicated. I have PCOS and my husband has low sperm count. I took 6 cycles of clomid before my husband had his semen tested :8o: Now we have been told the way forward is ICSI. The nearest centre for me is Herts&Essex fertility centre, only 30mts drive. Also I am working full time, which makes it impossible to commute to central London. However, I am trying to make my work part time, which does not seem to be possible at the moment as my employer sees it as either full time or leave the job. I have not told them about my circumstances and I do not want to either. How easy to do full time work (4 days a week 8am to 7pm) and ICSI? . I am seriously considering essex fertility clinic. Planning to go for an open day in Feb.

ICSI May 2008 - BFN

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Monday, January 21st 2008, 9:03pm

I would highly recommend them, they are ranked 4th best clinic in UK.

At the time I worked full time (for a bank) 5 days a week & we had to travel quite alot for scans, (I had to be monitor quite closely due to a high dose of drugs) the journey would normally take 1 hour or so, my work were fine, they have to be I was having fertility treatment, I'm not sure how other companies are, this was LTSB bank. I didn't ever have to make the time up.

Have you looked on their website? We got to know the fertility experts so well, it felt like we were leaving a family behind!!! It's very expensive but is worth it in the long run.

I feel you will have to tell your work, do you have someone senior you could talk to?
Or do you not want to tell them, otherwise how will you have your treatment?

When you start, they like to see you in the morning for scans etc, any advice you need please just ask.

I too have PCOS & we tried to conceive for 7 years. DH no problems.

take care.

Lisa xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 7:42pm

Thanks Lisa for ur reply. I do not really wish to tell them about this as this potentially can have an impact on the future of my job as I work for a private company. If I get pregnant, they can't obviously make me redundant due to obvious reasons. I am still planning to go ahead with the treatment may be in April/May, by taking some of my annual leave. Lets see. I can not afford not to work.

ICSI May 2008 - BFN

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 7:49pm

Hi Good luck with treatment

I didnt tell my Brand New Job i was doing treatment I lied to pospone star date and by time 3mth review came i was 3mth Pregnant.

x x

Hi Lisa how are you x x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

f1atbear

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 11:37am

We used Essex for 1 year. Very efficient and friendly staff who felt like family by the end. They even know who we are now we're thinking of trying again!

Great on a bank holiday weekend, day before egg collection when my husband decided to have a heart attack! No stress just straight forward advice what ever time of day or night!

Diagnosed Hughes Syndrome in me which was why I kept losing the foetuses at 9-10 weeks. Just needed heparin injections through pregnancy to 32 weeks. Now mother of a beautiful little 1 year old girl.
PCOS & Hughes Syndrome
clomiphene x6 cycles
ivf x 2.5 cycles

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 12:14pm

:hi: and welcome to :FZ:

Im sorry I cant answer your question but didn't want to read and run. I also have PCOS and my DH has a low sperm count so I know what you are feeling, but we haven't started our TX yet, but my DH has an appointment with a urologist on 12th march happydance so hopefully it won't be long.

I hope you don't mind me asking this, but we have been told that the course of treatment with us is that they have put us on the waiting list for IVF, a 2 year wait :thumbdown:, so we were advised to go private and have up to 6 tries at IUI. We were not offered ICSI, so was wondering why? did they mention IUI to you aswell? sorry for the questions.

:goodluck: with your TTC journey and hope you get that :BFP: very soon :xxx3:

sun

Reg: Oct 31st 2006

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 9:14am

we went to this clinic at holly house - all the same team. they are great and professional and we got the most amazing little boy so i feel so very lucky. about to start another cycle at this clinic but now in herts and hoping for a second child..... have everything crossed. good luck all

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

Tuesday, September 16th 2008, 8:22pm

I am looking into this clinic as it is looking increasingly likely that I will have to use a donor egg. Do you know if this is something they offer? We live in Scotland.
Thank you very much!
Cranberry

Reg: Sep 20th 2007

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 1:49pm

does anyone have recent experience of this centre? I am considering a second IVF round and need to decide where to have it. any help appreciated!
Me 39, DH 36
Clomid 9 cycles, Lap & Dye 2006, Metformin 4 cycles, ICSI Oct 2007, IVF May and September 2010, FET November 2010, IVF short protocol March 2011 - all BFN
TTC since 2005

Reg: Sep 26th 2009

Children: Herts&Essex

Monday, November 2nd 2009, 1:04pm

I cannot say enough good stuff about this clinic. They are so kind and understanding and explain everything so clearly.
Unfortunately for me my first time resulted in a chemical pregnancy but I have a follow up appointment with them this week and plan to have another go.
They are so nice here and as others have said begin to feel like family
Jo
IVF Sept/Oct 2009 - BFP but then chemical pregnancy :bawl:

IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - :BFP: twins bab11 bab11

Caz

Ace

Reg: Aug 17th 2008

Children: 2 perfect boys, Thomas & James

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 11:26am

Ditto for me, they are lovely. I had one round of IUI there that didn't work but first time lucky for us on IVF so obviously I rate them highly!
IVF/ICSI Aug 08 :BFP: - Thomas born 26/04/09 baby2
FET Aug 10 :BFP: - James born 18/04/11 baby7

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2009

Children: 2 ICSI Miracles Charlie & Teddy born 15.09.2011 at 34 weeks

Tuesday, March 30th 2010, 10:41am

Hi we are currently at Herts & Essex and our experience has been really positive. We have just had egg collection yesterday and the staff were amazing and really put me at ease as I was really nervous.
They seem to have really good success rates aswell.
Good Luck
: MissVics ICSI Diary

Male factor and PCOS/endo TTC 6 years
3rd ICSI (FET) Feb 2011 :BFP: 2 beautiful :heart:'s seen at 6,7,8,9,10,12,14,16, 20, 22 & 24 weeks :boy: :boy:

2 little miracles Teddy & Charlie born 15.09.2011 4lb3 & 4lb12. We are very blessed

Caz

Ace

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 8:42am

Hi Everyone,

I'm back at H&E now for a go at FET so we can give Thomas a sibling. Anyone else cycling at the moment in Cheshunt?

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2009

Children: 2 ICSI Miracles Charlie & Teddy born 15.09.2011 at 34 weeks

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 11:27am

Hi Caz, yep as long as AF turns up on time next week we will be doing FET some time in mid august.
x
: MissVics ICSI Diary

Male factor and PCOS/endo TTC 6 years
3rd ICSI (FET) Feb 2011 :BFP: 2 beautiful :heart:'s seen at 6,7,8,9,10,12,14,16, 20, 22 & 24 weeks :boy: :boy:

2 little miracles Teddy & Charlie born 15.09.2011 4lb3 & 4lb12. We are very blessed

Caz

Ace

Tuesday, July 27th 2010, 9:20am

Mine finally arrived so I'm in for womb lining scan at the end of this week. xfingers

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Hammersmith

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 2:02am

Does anyone have anymore info about this centre?

We are thinking of having a 2nd try and have to go private this time. Herts & Essex is much closer than Hammersmith and I got a tour at the open evening. They seem nice but any info would be helpful.

Thanks

12 Mar 2009 1st ICSI at Hammersmith
26 Mar 2009 :BFP:
04 Dec 2009 Our son is born at home!

Caz

Ace

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 7:49pm

What would you like to know Drucanna? Ask me any questions you like as sometimes I feel like I live at the H&E!

I had my first IVF there in 2008 and have a beautiful 16 month old son and am currently 6 weeks pregnant following FET with frosties kept from that first round.

The staff are all very helpful and friendly. There is no pressure to do anything with them, you can phone and ask any questions you like and they don't act like you're pestering them. They've even faxed me prescriptions to pharmacies whilst I've been on holiday and suggested I get bloods done at local hospitals to avoid unnecessary costs.

Obviously it's not cheap but when I looked into a few places it seemed reasonable.

The NHS told me I would get Hammersmith for my free round (never made it to the top of the list though), and I'm glad we went with H&E in the end. The stress you go through on IVF does not need adding to by treking from Hertfordshire down to south London!

Feel free to PM me or just ask away on this thread.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Caz" (Sep 1st 2010, 7:50pm)

Children: Hammersmith

Monday, September 6th 2010, 11:34am

Hi Caz

Thanks for the info. We have now been for a consultation and compared to Hammersmith I was blown away at how knowlegable they were. We are going to do our 2nd attempt with H&E and keep our xfingers that everything works out weel. they have inspired confidence in us and all we can do is give it our best shot.

And yes the trek to Hammersmith was .... HORRID X( so that was why I wanted something a little bit closer :happy:

12 Mar 2009 1st ICSI at Hammersmith
26 Mar 2009 :BFP:
04 Dec 2009 Our son is born at home!

Caz

Ace

Monday, September 6th 2010, 1:08pm

Great news. Finger crossed for you. Maybe our paths will cross in the reception one day.

bonniec

Reg: Sep 7th 2010

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 4:30pm

Hi Dru,
Yes, i too have been impressed with Hert and Essex. I started my IVF journey when they were known as Holly House. Following my first attempt i now have a daughter ; my 2nd attempt was also successful but miscarried (they were very supportive). Third attempt has gone a bit pear shaped. Lynne the embryologist and Mary, one of the nurses are lovely. We have alot of respect for Mr A Moye. In fact we hope we get him every time we visit. There is a South African nurse who appears a bit cold and abrupt (probably just me)but best just ignore it . Every one is lovely. Will be over there tomorrow for an appointment to discuss ways forward after the 3rd attempt. We have had 2 long protocols and 1 short protocol. The short is dreamy compared to the long protocol. Usually a1.5 to 2 hr journey to get there but worth it. There is another clinic alot closer but have always felt Herts and Essex do seem to know their stuff.
p.s there is a very large Marks and Spencers (cafe as well) up the A10 road (turn left at the traffic lights when you come back to the A10 junction/next to the american car wash). Now i have had some enjoyable spend ups in there when waiting for my procedures- took my mind off things, my husband didnt dare complain too much, especially when i was over flowing with hormone drugs ha ha! The very best of luck in your journey. keep in touch
Bonnie

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, September 27th 2010, 5:55pm

Herts & Essex

Hi There

I have just been reffered to this clinic my first appointment is on 4th October 2010.

If there are any others around this time it would be great to swap notes. :)

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Kitty41

Reg: Mar 23rd 2011

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 11:36pm

Hello, I'm a newbie looking for some advice about the Herts & Essex clinic. I'm a bit old!!! (nearly 42) and would like to have my fertility tested, having had 2 early mc's in the past 18 months. I got pregnant ok with my son when I was 36, so my fertility problems are clearly age-related.

I'd really like to have a scan for fibroids etc, and hormone testing. Do they do this at Herts & Essex? I probably wouldn't go through with IVF - I'd just like to see if there's an obvious problem that could be treated.

Please help - I'm so confused by all this!

Kitty x

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 11:44pm

Hi Kitty

I am not sure on the answer to that question. I would give them a bell.
They truly are remarkable though. They got me pregnant. Touch wood so far so good :)
I never had any testing there though so I am not sure that they do.
Please call them & they will be happy to answer any queries I am sure.

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Children: Alexander (March 2010) - the result of ICSI at Hammersmith

Sunday, July 3rd 2011, 9:17pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm very lucky and blessed to have a wonderful little boy via IVF at Hammersmith. And now we're considering going private for IVF (or maybe IUI!) to see if we could be lucky enough to get a sibling for Alex. We're considering trying Herts and Essex - mainly because of the inconvience of Hammersmith. I'm back at work now in South London, plus obviously Alex is a massive commitment, I just don't quite see how we can manage to get down to Hammy each day for scans, plus deal with Alex and our jobs... Makes my head hurt just to think about it! But I'm kinda nervous about leaving Hammy because obviously we were successful there...? My hubby agrees that we should look at other options, but I'd love to hear a few views on H&E...? Just need some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing...?

Sarah xxx
May09:ICSI-sperm issues
Jul09: BFP! DS born Mar10
Jan12: ICSI-LOR-BFP-lost at 3 days
May12: looking 4 donor eggs

Reg: Oct 31st 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous son conceived naturally

Monday, July 4th 2011, 1:22pm

Hi Sarah,
I cannot rate them highly enough. I unfortunately have not had success there yet, but i know others that have. The nurses, the doctors, the lead embryologist are all great. They explain everything in such detail and are always at the other end of the phone unlike some of the larger clinics. They offer open evenings so you can view their facilities. They discovered what was wrong with me after 4 years of nothing on the nhs.
message me if you want any more info....and best of luck with your treatment
Stucks

Jessie13

Reg: Jul 15th 2011

Friday, July 15th 2011, 2:44pm

Hi there I am new on here so not sure if i am typing in the write place but here goes.
I am also wondering if i should try and use Herts and Essex. This is because we have already been through 4 attempts of ICSI at Bourn Hall Cambridge and on Tuesday just gone they lost the last 2 embroyos out of my 14 that i had frozen, due to having OHSS. I am feeling so down at the moment as i didnt even get to have them transfered. On our second attempt again from frozen i got pregnant which i miscarried early on. We had these attempts on the NHS but now i have used up my free goes i'm wondering if i should try somewhere else.
I'm so confused on what to do any information on this hospital and success rates on ICSI would be gratefully received.
Jessie13 xx

Friday, July 15th 2011, 10:27pm

Open evening

Hiya,
I think, from my surfing, the success rates at H&E look quite good. But of course, these things are never clear cut... All depends on how tricky the cases are that they take on...

My DH and I are attending an open evening in July sometime, to have a look round, get a feel for the place and meet some of the people involved. They're free, could you do that?

A friend of mine had several unsuccessful cycles at Bourne, and she loved it there. Then she swapped to Hammersmith and is now pregnant. So maybe a swap to another clinc, with a new approach, is a possible solution...?

Good luck...

Sarah xxx

Jessie13

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 9:31am

Hi sarah
Thanks for the advice. Bourn Hall were lovely but i am thinking after 4 attempts maybe it is time for a change also because my husband and I have made a hard descion that this will be the last time, not only cos of the expense but the emtional and physical hurt that you go through each time.
A friend of mine rang last night and told me she knew someone who used the Argc Clinic in London and their success rates are 64% which triples Bourn so going to look into that too.
Emtions are still high at the moment so maybe i need to just get back on track frist.
Thanks again for your help.
Jess x

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 2:09pm

Clinic moves

Hi Hun,

Yeah, I've heard lots of people say they love Bourn - so friendly and caring. But I think you're right, after 4 tries, maybe a change is a good move. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have tried 4 times. The emotional rollar-coaster must be incredible... Wishing you all the best, maybe cross paths with you at H&E clinic at some point. xxx

Jessie13

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 3:32pm

Hi ya,
Yeah it is devastating i just cant believe its not happened again especially when i had 14 fertilise, but i will pick myself up again just trying to get all the crying out of my system before i go back to work on Monday.
I am going to do some research on both H&E and also the Argc clinic and see whats best for us, the Argc clinic has the best success rate but i think from what i have looked at the doctor there gets bad press because he doesnt always stick to the rules. We have been with a hospital that does stick to the rules and hasnt work so got nothing to loss really. Just desperate to be a mum.
I see you have had the same treatment using ICSI but a excellent result for you maybe my turn next time xfingers.
Thanks agian for advice its nice to speak to someone who knows what its like to go through ICSI.
xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE