You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Nisey

American Samoa

What's Up?
We have been matched only a couple of weeks away from being a mummy!

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 4:31pm

Good luck for tomorrow Maria and make sure you rest up after woods
The life and times of Nisey Noo - MY DIARY

1st IVF August 2010 :BFN: :-(

Starting our ICI journey with donor sperm September11 :thumbsup: Changed mind :O it wasnt for us

Starting our adoption Journey November 11 excited again for the first time in ages !

PinkyD

Reg: Mar 21st 2009

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 6:49pm

Hi, Wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow Maria, i had both of my EC under sedation i have to be honest and say i did not fall asleep at all and much to my disappointment i did not feel drunk like they said i would lol but the first time i did not feel much, i think whatever they give you masks the pain, i was uncomfortable this time but i think that was because i had so many follicles they booked me in for double the time!, i think the anethasist i had was english but he was very good and kept asking me if i had pain and gave me more drugs when i said yes and the time goes pretty quick as you can talk to them and you are know when they have found an egg. try not to worry too much and get plenty of rest after, and of course keep us up dated! fingers crossed you will have a nice lot of eggs xx

Onewish - sorry to hear your treatment has been delayed, i know not much will help your disappointment but at least its coming up towards xmas so i am sure the time will fly by and before you know it you'll be jabbing your belly or thighs for a couple of weeks :)

good luck to all you other ladies that are starting this month xxxx

i have 3 more sleeps to go before i test im getting really nervous, still getting the period cramping every now and then, also think there was a little bit of blood mixed with the crinone gel i passed yesterday :( but trying not to think about it too much, last time my period came the day before i test so really hoping that doesn't happen again!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow Maria xxxxxxxxx

TTC 3 Years - Severe PCOS

1st IVF cycle Cancelled - No Response to Stimulation Drugs
2nd IVF cycle Cancelled - Crazy OvariesE2 level 33000!
3rd IVF/ICSI May 2010 - BFN :tear:
4th IVF/ICSI Oct 2010 - BFN :bawl:

2011 - Feeling a very lucky girl.. Dear friend is being our surrogate Little one is due Oct 2011 happydance

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, November 7th 2010, 7:04pm

Thanks PinkyD and nisey blowkiss
PinkyD the cramps can be a good sign and the staining with the crinone is quite common. xfingers for your test day
:xxx:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, November 10th 2010, 3:46pm

Well the sedation was ok, but the cycle did not continue. I would use the clinic again if they are prepared to check doing blood tests as well as scans. That is my only worry. From what the embryologist said the eggs were not mature and the big follies were cysts. If they checked the estradiol level they probably would have realised that and maybe stimming for longer it could have been different. We'll see. I have a review appointment in December.

onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Wednesday, November 10th 2010, 7:22pm

I am so sorry that your cycle didn't continue this time it must be extremely disappointing. :hugs: :xxx:

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

PinkyD

Wednesday, November 10th 2010, 7:35pm

Hi Maria, so sorry to hear your news, that you got so far but no eggs :( did they not take your bloods at each scan? thats really odd i thought that was a standard thing as my bloods have always been checked either every other day or every 2 days maybe its because of my PCOS. how are you feeling? i imagine you are so disappointed hope the hubby is spoiling you :) i find lots of chocolate helps!

I took my test today as predicted it was negative :( i started bleeding Monday then stopped so i still had a little bit of hope to cling onto but no unfortunately it was not positive, i feel so gutted really hoped it would work this time, but i am lucky enough to have 3 frosts waiting otherwise this would have been the end for me.

What date is your app? mine is 8th Dec, i'm surprised they are making us wait so long just to discuss what went wrong and what will happen next, all my previous cycles i have been seen the same week or the week after, i think it would be nicer not to have to wait for so long, as i'm sure you are probably like me, all i want to know is when can i start again lol time is so precious we have to waste so much time waiting in-between cycles, i wish things were quicker, i have spent 4 yrs of my life TTC i decided that this would be my last fresh cycle, once i have used my frosties if we have no luck then i think we will look into other options that probably being adoption, if that is the case i think you have to have not had any fertility treatment for at least 6 months for you can even apply! i'm not impatient but it seems so much time is wasted!

i'm glad to hear you are thinking positive and are going to give it another go, sending you big hugs xxxx

2011 - Feeling a very lucky girl.. Dear friend is being our surrogate Little one is due Oct 2011 happydance

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, November 10th 2010, 9:46pm

Hi Pinky sorry for your BFN. I'm going the 8th of december too! Maybe we'll meet then.
Can I ask you if you are an NHS client or private? I was nhs. Do they actually have a lab at the clinic for bloods or do they send them to Colchester general?

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 10th 2010

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 8:15am

Hello everyone, Bourn did blood test at my first IVF round (as PinkyD said maybe because of my PCOS) and this round too. I think is just as a precaution of OHSS. Regarding waiting times, due to hormone (stimms, progesterone), I think (and this is just my opinion) they believe that emotions will take over cold judgment.As an NHS patient we waited 6 months after the first failed cycle to try for a second time. Also, the review appointment was after 2 months. It was good to let the body recover from the egg harvest, drugs to wash out and mind to make peace with the result (beach holiday helped with that) I remember on my driving test day, my instructor lady said:-if you pass, I'll drive you home, just in case you are to happy and crash-if you fail, I'll drive you home, just in case you are to sad and crashAbout me…I haven't been told to drink 2l water or milk, just to keep up the good diet (with various protein and veg) .Yesterday scan showed good lining and 18 follicles (same as 1st round) but I'm not feeling as bad as last time, just before I inject Gonal F, my ovaries seemed to be hungry for the drug and play out, but there's still time... Hope everything goes well with all lovely gals here. Wish you all best of luck.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 9:22am

You need to wait at least 3 months between cycles. Hormone levels can tell a lot not just about ohss. They can be used a a guide to time e/c better so your eggs are mature. I did suspct that they only do it for ohss. The other Bourn does it for everyone.

PinkyD

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 2:22pm

Hi, yes i am on the NHS, i'd never be able to afford the treatment if not, hence why this was our last fresh cycle, i can understand the 3 month thing, doesn't make it any less frustrating though :) still at least we will be able to have a drink over xmas, my god i need one :snigger: !

i think our app is a morning one, so hopefully we will bump into each other, i will be wearing a pink coat lol,

With regards to the bloods, they to not have a lab at the clinic, the bloods do not go to the Hospital, they get taken to the a lab which is either on the industrial estate or about 5-10 mins away, quite often if they need bloods urgently or if you're a late afternoon patient one of the nurses will run the bloods to the lab. did they not test your bloods at all? i told my husband he was really shocked too, as the E2 levels have always been such a huge factor in our treatment i just presumed it was the same for all patients, i am sure that they will monitor them closely with your next cycle.

How are you feeling about it all? hope you are ok, seems to be a lot of people getting bad news this month, my friend had a double FET and got a negative result today :( hopefully we will all have more luck next time! fingers

Baverdiana - Hope this cycle continues to go well, do you know when you will be having EC? xxxx

xxxxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PinkyD" (Nov 11th 2010, 2:25pm)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 2:47pm

Hi Pinky, yes bloods are important, that is why I am a bit disappointed. They help them decide if you're responding or not, when is the right time to do the trigger, if you developing ohss and if it's worth continuing. I will discuss this with them when I get there. I reckon as I was not at risk of ohss they didn't bother cos they probably have to pay extra for the bloods. If you are private you pay for the bloods so it doesn't matter to them. As I say I would like to have another go with them if they let me.
My appointment is in the afternoon, so we won't meet.
How is everyone else?

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 6:03pm

Hi all,

Sorry to hear your news pinkyD and sorry that both you and Maria have to wait so long for a follow up appointment.

My tx will be NHS too, so it will be interesting to see what they do as far as blood tests are concerned - will let you know.

I'm a little fed up of waiting for everything to kick off because I let my mind get carried away creating problems that probably don't even exist! I'm still to phone the clinic this month when my AF arrives, so you never know they might fit me in this cycle (highly unlikely).

The good news is that I have been really concerned about getting the time off work once tx does commence mainly for the scanning as I really didn't want anyone to know (haven't even told friends and family). It was starting to stress me out so much but I couldn't see a way around it so yesterday I just went for it and told my Director and Line Manager who were both really supportive and have said that they will try to be as felixble as possible - so a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

keeping my fingers crossed for both of you for next time and of course baverdiana this time. :xxx:

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 6:08pm

Sorry noticed a few spelling mistakes in some of my posts - I still can't get used to the small keyboard on my notebook! :laugh:

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, November 11th 2010, 7:10pm

Hi infancy. Glad work is ok about taking time off. I think you'll probably have some bloods as you are young and could overstimulate. I think they didn't bother sigh me cos of the low follicle numbers. Don't worry about waiting and you may get a cancellation you never know! xfingers

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 13th 2010, 10:28am

thank you onewish for you good ... wishes [zx050]

anything that you would like to know about Bourn Colchester you can ask and I will share my experience

as I said I have had blood test done 1st cycle and now, 2nd cycle.

all the questions that I've had, they've answer them.

just for the rash, they advised to be seen by my GP, but they will dose my Intravenous anesthesia with anti-allergic,

otherwise, all problems were sorted by them in good time (more needles and syringes, drugs etc)

love and :xxx3: ,

Monica

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 6:26pm

grouphug Hello ladies,

Sore from EC today (painfull to pee too), but I made it to the computer.

15 eggs collected today (11 first IVF), just 1 imature (2 first IVF) so will go with 14 to ICSI.

Tomorrow will now how many fertilized, first IVF were 6 and all made it to day 5 blasto.

Anobody else had sore and painfull nipples from Ovitrelle?

My rash stoped expanding at least...still taking Piriton as they didn't put any in my vein.

:xxx3:

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 8:27pm

Hi baverdiana

Glad the EC went well for you today & congrats on the amount of eggs you got xfingers they all fertilise - will check in to see how it goes. I can't comment on on the painful nipples as I am still waiting for my treatment to start but I am sure it is just a common side effect.

Will be thinking of you and wish you all the best.

xxx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 18th 2010, 9:51am

[zx050] onewish lurve

Just had the call from the clinic

12 fertilized out of 13 that they've injected (ICSI)

Will have another call tomorrow to let us know how are they doing and what time to go Monday for ET.

Wish you all best of luck

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Thursday, November 18th 2010, 5:49pm

Wow!!! thats great news,so many fertilised, you must be pleased. I am sure they will do well. Keep me updated.

Just one question for you if you don't mind.The medication you had to take did they send it to you with clear instructions on how to take it etc? it's just that I have already had an appointment where they showed me how to inject etc but by the time I get round to doing it I'm afraid I will forget how.

Thanks.

xxx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 18th 2010, 6:47pm

:hugs: Hi onewish,

The medication will arrive with all the info that you need in the medical leaflet.

Anything that you are uncertain about, just give the clinic a call, don't be shy they are so helpfull, or ask away here.

As I said, whatever questions you may have, I might be able to share my experience and I'm not the only one here who will help.

grouphug

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, November 18th 2010, 8:18pm

Well done monica! :weehee:
By the way I have huge sore boobs at the moment from the medication (considering I have only had 1 dose of crinone it's quite bad). I think it's normal after the trigger.
Onewish don't worry they do explain everything but you need to ask.
Everything comes with instructions and there are also some video on the internet to show how the gonal f is injected.

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 18th 2010, 9:26pm

:hugs: Thank you Maria ,

The sharp pain and "erection" of the nipples was gone after 24h since injected the trigger.
Started the crinone gel and I know I'll put cold patches inside the bra soon :faint:
(I could use mom's bra not to buy larger cup)

How are you doing?

What have you planned next?

:pray: :xxx3: :pray:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "baverdiana" (Nov 18th 2010, 9:33pm)

United Kingdom

Friday, November 19th 2010, 1:41pm

the call...

4 embies are poorly

4 embies are so and so...could be better

3 are better

I presume the 12th .... said good bye

I was tooooo happy.....

and now I'm tooooo sad

We'll see after the weekend....

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Friday, November 19th 2010, 6:15pm

Thanks ladies- you have put my mind at rest.

Sorry to hear some of the embies are poorly, but you just don't know how it wll go. The others seem to be holding their own so it can still turn out quite positive.

Have a relaxing weekend. xxx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, November 19th 2010, 6:39pm

You still have 3, which is ok as they can only put max 2 back. Don't worry Monica blowkiss

United Kingdom

Friday, November 19th 2010, 9:06pm

Thank you Maria :hugs:

Thank you onewish :hugs:

I will try to cheer up this weekend...

:pray: come on Monday

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 8:35am

Hello ladies :hugs:

The clinic greeted us with a pleasant surprise, 2 x HOPE blasto for transfer [zx127]
but we (me actually) responded with another surprise, bad this time…
I have OHSS :poorly: that haven’t had been picked up Saturday in our local A&E where we spent 8h :faint:
so …as my lovely husband xmas74 said:
”we didn’t know we’ll have 2 for transfer so we can’t be upset and risk my health and maybe twin bab14 bab18 baby’s health”
We got lucky that they’ve had a gynaecologist on the site,
she checked me too, measured my “kissing” ovaries – they are stacked on top of each other
(left 9cm and right 6.5cm, we (me&DH) could see the liquid gathered there too, on the scan)

and the final decision was drawn:

only our little HOPE baby4 will be transferred
Additional:

to drink lots of water,

have clexane injections,

continue with the crinone gel,

look for other symptoms

today they’ll call us to see how the rest of 11 embies are doing

and if any will became snow baby.

Lots of xfingers and :pray:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 5:16pm

Sorry you are ill monica blowkiss
When they say you need to drink, then you need to drink A LOT. Glad the rtansfer has gone ahead xfingers

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 6:47pm

Sorry to hear that you have been poorly! At least they are still transferring, so thats good news. I will be keeping my xfingers that you have lots of little snow babies.

I phoned the clinic today as AF finally arrived and I am waiting on a nurse to call me back to let me know if they will go ahead this cycle or if I will have wait like they had previously warned me I might. Hoping it will be this time but I am prepared to hear otherwise.

Anyway bye for now & hope you feel better soon.

Not long now Maria until your appointment hopefully things will be clearer for you then. How are you bearing up?

xxx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 7:30pm

Thank you Maria and Onewish

I am strugling, but I did drink 2l today...even if I'm feeling more bloated than yesterday.

No snow babies unfortunately and another bad one, one of my fur-baby :cat: is ill.

Found lots of white foam round the house, no hairball, just foam.

Poor baby looks as poorly as me... bigcloud

I'm wondering what next?

:pray: to God to change all things in better now.

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 7:40pm

Bless you, you really are having a run of bad luck, but that only means you have good things to come! Stay positive. x

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 9:57pm

Thank you again onewish

After storm, it has to be some sun shining

or

snow glittering :xmastree:

Let me know if I can help you anyhow, whatever the result that I'll have :hugs:

Monica & HOPE

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 6:04pm

Thank you Monica that is very reassuring and kind. However have been informed today that I definitely will have to wait until next cycle to start tx, so I am pretty much waiting now- so not too many questions at present but nearer the time I am sure I will have plenty!

Please keep me updated with how things go for you. xxx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 5:17pm

Hi girls blowkiss

Monica how are you?
Onewish, it's better in January. December is a rush because of Christmas. The time will pass don't worry!
babydust

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 6:09pm

Thats what I have been telling myself too Maria - I know that you are right I just need reminding sometimes!

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 7:14pm

You don't want them to rush you or to do e/c or e/t at the wrong time just cos it's Christmas. My first IVF was in december. It was snowing, lots of people with flu. I had a m/c on new years day, only 1 doctor on duty-awful! xfingers you won't need any help, but if something happens and it's the 25th of December you'll have no one to call. It's very stressful. It' better like this. The time will go so fast anyway cos you'll have family stuff to do and you'll have had a rest with all the bank holidays. You'll be ok blowkiss

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 7:36pm

Hello Maria, how are you doing?

Hello Onewish, as I said, anytime for questions, I'm up for them.

I'm feeling a bit better today, less bloated I mean, even if the belly size is the same, 43inches (I'm between size 14 and 16)

I'm affraid that feeling better in OHSS means no pregnancy, but we've read so much, don't know what to feel anymore.

I'm keeping up the Clexane shots (made me a bit dizzy just now) and Crinone gel.

In a way, I'm trying to get myself ready for the undesirable outcome.

Otherwise, looking forward to xmas, mainly the xmas tree. I'm mad about it.

I wish somebody will invent a gadget to make us forget the ugly stuff in our lives....

Warm hugs :hugs:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, November 26th 2010, 5:05pm

Monica no ohss symptoms does NOT mean you are not pregnant and also the OHSS does NOT affect the embryos, so don't worry blowkiss

I'm ok thanks. Just counting the days to my review appointment in December, see what they say. I've also asked for a copy of my notes, see what they say!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Friday, November 26th 2010, 6:05pm

Gosh Maria it sounds like you went through an awful time your first IVF cycle and didn't really have any medical support. It kinda puts things into perspective really. I guess I shall be grateful that I have to wait if it means that if things go wrong someone is available to help. As you say time will pass quickly what with Christmas and everything - so I will be ok.

What date is you appointment again and were they ok about you requesting your notes? I know that you have every right just wondered if they were ok with it or if it put their noses out a bit.

Monica - you sound a bit down but as Maria says OHSS does NOT mean that you are not pregnant stay positive sweetie.

Have a good weekend ladies. :xxx:

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, November 26th 2010, 6:09pm

It was ok. I had it done at Ipswich hospital. But I had the m/c between the 31st and the 1st of Jan and there really wasn't anyone about!
They seemed ok about the notes. You need to call the Cambridge office anyway, well I rang Colchester and they put me through. It costs £50.

United Kingdom

Friday, November 26th 2010, 7:28pm

Thank you girls :hugs: , I wish I could be optimistic....just found some pink crinone gel discharge.

That's how it started last time too...by Sunday I just might have the full flow of AF....

Monica and HOPE

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 7:38am

Pink crinone discharge is normal. If you look on the leaflet it is listed as one of the side effects. Don't worry babydust

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 12:13pm

Thank you Maria, you've always encouraged me.

AF pain is coming and going, I have polycystic ovaries and my AF is normally joined by up to 8 Nurofen Plus per day to calm down the pain.

We're keep Hoping...

Monica and HOPE

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 5:29pm

I hope you are all ok blowkiss
I have my review appointment tomorrow with Miss Kavla xfingers

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 5:55pm

Good Luck with your appointment tomorrow Maria - Wll be thinking of you let me know how you get on. :goodluck: :xxx3:

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Monday, December 20th 2010, 8:34pm

Hi

oooh hasn't it been quiet on this thread!

Af came on saturday so I phoned the clinic today to let them know and they will send me a schedule out but does anyone know roughly how long they take to do this, is this clinic quite prompt? i'm just a little worried about the Xmas post!

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, December 21st 2010, 7:48am

You need to remind them of things. I found them really really busy. They also assume that you know stuff so double check everything. The receptionist is pretty good and efficient and she will pass your queries on. They didn't send me a schedule, so I don't know how long it takes. If you are doing the long protocol you need to start d/r on day 21 of your cycle so you've got plenty of time. Don't worry and call them if you're unsure.

Lin1611

Reg: Jan 3rd 2011

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 6:49pm

Hi girls,

Ive just come across this thread while searching for info about Bourn Hall Colchester where I'm about to start treatment and it's really useful so far- thank you.

I'm wondering if anyone has attended the "support group" - there's a poster up in the doorway at the clinic saying the next meeting is in Feb...?

Good luck in all of your journeys.

Lin x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 6:52pm

Hi Lin,

No I haven't attended those as I've had plenty of tx (unfortunately). The clinic is ok, but unfrtunately it cannot meet my needs at the moment. Good luck with your tx.
babydust

onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 4:17pm

Hi Lin
Welcome! I too haven't been to any of the support groups as I didn't know there was one! I have only visited the clinic a couple of times and there was nothing about support groups when I last visited before christmas. If you go let me know how you get on. I'm not entirely sure if a support group is for me but definitely worth a thought.
I haven't had any problems with the clinic so far, this is my first tx cycle and I am only at the very beginning but so far so good. Where abouts are you in your tx or are you just considering clinics at the mo?
It'll be nice to have someone to chat to who is at the same clinic, this thread has been really quiet recently, although the lovely Maria pops in to answer my questions when i've had them. Good Luck. xxx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE