You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "eisa1978" started this thread

Reg: Jan 13th 2008

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 7:36am

100 % abnormal sperm

Hi every body,,,

I have been married for about three years. I have done many sperm analysis during the last two years. The results are varying from lab to another lab. Then my doctor recommended me to do the sperm test in one of the most advanced lab here. The result shows that the count is ok more than 60 M/ML but the major problem that I get is the morphology. The abnormal from is 100 %. Some other labs found only 45 % abnormal form. Then I was recommended not to wait and go for ICSI. I don’t smoke or drink but honestly I have taken hormones when I was teen to build up my body as well as protein powder.

My questions are,,

Is it recommended to make Harmon test in my case to see the level of my hormones? Actually the doctor did not ask me for the Harmon test.

Is there any medicine or supplement I should take?

Thanks a lot

Reg: Dec 30th 2007

Children: Was Lister

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 11:54am

Hi there

My DH has poor sperm ranging from 100% abnormalities (the first two NHS tests) to slightly better detailed results when we went privately. I've not heard about the Harmon test so any details you've got would be interesting.

He takes alot of vitamins, having read up on the subject and got great advice from other threads on this site, and drinks lots of Cranberry juice for the antioxidants. I'll ask him to drop in this afternoon with the details if you like.

He's also given up the booze as we were advised to cut back completely. We're both having ICSI treatment and they found enough good sperm to fertilise three of my egss last time and we're firm believers that it only takes one good sperm to make a baby!

Sorry I can't help much further but good luck with everything.

4 ICSI - all BFN
Poor responder (6 eggs max on left ovary only)
High NK cells
Considering Egg Donation

Reg: Jul 17th 2006

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 5:50pm

pickles is right, have a look through the threads and you will find a lot of tips.
stuff like no hot baths, no tight underwear, a good multi vitamin supplement, zinc, selenium, vitamin c.
also sperm results can vary from each test, so 100% abnormal one day may not be the same outcome on another day.
also sperm take 3 months to develop so any changes you make now will only show up in about 3-4 months in a new sperm test.
good luck
Peppermint Patty

Me 29 - DH 34
PCOS & Male Factor
TTC 2yrs
3 x Clomid - 3 x BFN
Ovarian Drilling Nov 06
ICSI March 07 - BFP 4/4/7- OHSS - All Gone 12/4/7
ICSI Aug 07 - DR July 13th - Shock NATURAL BFP 25th July 07! - baby boy march 08
May 09 - VERY SHOCKING NATURAL BFP!!!! - Baby Girl Jan 10

Reg: Dec 9th 2007

Sunday, January 13th 2008, 8:33pm

Hi there

My DH's SA result in Nov 07 showed 95% morphology. Since then he started taking the following supplements:

L-Carnitine = 500 mg per day (motility) required for normal sperm function
Zinc = 15mg x 2 tablets (count / morphology) required for sperm production
Vitamin E = 400iu x 2 tables (morphology) improves sperms’ ability to impregnate
Vitamin A = 800mg (as part of multivitamins)
Vitamin C = 500 mg x 2 tablets (morphology)

He is due to re-test in Feb 08 and I will let you know if he has any improvements
Me 28, DH 29
TTC - 1 year
Feb 08 - hysteroscopy - endometritis diagnosed
Apr 08 - just had my booster MMR jab
May 08 - DH is to have another SA....
16 Jun 08 - appointment with consultant to discuss a next step...

Reg: Dec 30th 2007

Children: Was Lister

Tuesday, January 22nd 2008, 8:15pm

Hi there

My DH wanted to share with you his vitamin routine for better sperm quality:

2 x Selenium 100ug tablets with A, C and E
1 x Vit C 500mg
2 Zinc x 25mg
1 x Vit A 1500ug

I've replied to your specific question on the PM.

4 ICSI - all BFN
Poor responder (6 eggs max on left ovary only)
High NK cells
Considering Egg Donation