You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 32 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chalmers206

Superstar

• "chalmers206" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 5:39pm

PESE.

hi all,

Just wondered if anyones dh that has had ssr did they always do pese first?.

Or was it tese first?, our hospital says they try pese then if they are not successful they would do tese.

If they had Pese was it successful?

kat
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 8:14pm

RE: PESE.

:hi: chalmers

You're spot on in thinking that PESA is the first option and then TESE if no sperm is found in the epididymis.

We were told the same and when my DH first went for his SSR, we didn't know if they were going to find any anywhere! Fortunately they found some in his epididymis....about a million in fact! He's now had two successful PESAs (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration) - but unfortunately for us my DH's sperm doesn't freeze/thaw well so he's gonna have to have a third in a month's time....half an hour after my egg collection because they're confident of finding sperm in his epididymis. Just for your info he has congenital absence of the vas deferens. PESA is by far the less invasive although there can be some bruising and he did feel quite sore for a couple of days.

The technique called Testicular Sperm Extraction, or TESE, is used in cases of non-obstructive azoospermia, or if PESA has been unsuccessful.

Hope this helps hon!

xxxxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

ravan

Star

Reg: Aug 19th 2007

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 8:26pm

Gone through the same thing...my hubby was asked which he wanted...the cons said 60% with Pesa or 90% with Tesa.......we are taking no chances(seeing as we are paying for it! :sadface:)

hope your well.... :happy:
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
3 fet blast-1 bfp-ectopic
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

chalmers206

Superstar

• "chalmers206" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Thursday, January 10th 2008, 12:51am

hi duffymoon and ravan,

thanks for the replies, i just wondered as i need to know whether or not too add in the extra money for the tese incase the first one fails.

Its cheaper to go for the pese so that would be great if we could give that a go first, hopefully they will find some sperm there.

I am paying for it too but trying to keep the costs down so we can go for it sooner than planned as i am fed up waiting.

thanks ladies

kat xx
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chalmers206" (Jan 10th 2008, 12:51am)

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, January 10th 2008, 8:51am

I'd have to check but i think with our clinic, the cost came under the umbrella "SSR" so whether it was PESA or TESE they still charge the same. If they hadn't found sperm with PESA they would have gone straight on to a TESE so when he came round I lifted his gown to see what the damage was before they told us which he'd had :snigger:

If you don't mind me asking, what's your DH been diagnosed with?

xxxxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 32 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE