You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "KAREN198055" started this thread

Reg: Jun 21st 2012

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 3:35pm

life before clomid?

hi ladies

im new to this bored and cant believe how much i have found out since joining so a big thanks!

just wanted to ask what your doc's did prior to starting you on clomid?

i have been ttc 4 years, me 27, db 29. have has uss and bloods jan 07 confirmed pcos. SA was normal and my hsg clear. saw consultant last aug who started me on metformin which has started up my cycles again anywhere from 28-44 days but a huge improvement for me. i have also lost about a stone.

i am due to see gynae on 21st jan and he mentioned last time about starting clomid but im wondering now if he will as i am having cycles (ish). i have been temping on FF and only had one ovulation confirmed and have tried opk's but never had a +ive in 9 months.

im wondering now if he will start clomid which is really what i want and what your experiences have been?

thanks #karen
#x
TTC 2004
5 IVF = 3 Early MC ;(

FET sept 2012 Tentative BFP please please stick little bean

Reg: Nov 16th 2006

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 4:41pm

I had an internal ultrasound, full bloods and a laproscopy before I was started on clomid - all in a quick space of time.

TTC 5+ yrs, MC, mild Endo, low Morphology
12xClomid & 3xIUI's - all BFN's
ICSI - BFP - ITS TWIN GIRLS

Reg: Jan 1st 2008

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 5:26pm

:happy:hi there! I had two lots of 21 day bloods, one 3 day blood test (?) and a HSG before i was prescribed clomid. had been ttc naturally for approx 18 months but no joy so have been given clomid to boost my eggs up as i was ovulate 'normally', according to the bloods.
Got a BFP! 16/10/08 Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chickapea" (Jan 9th 2008, 5:29pm)

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 6:06pm

Hi Karen

Judging by what I had done prior to clomid, I think you've not done bad!! We had been ttc for just under a year when we went to the GPs. My periods had not really returned to normal after being on the depo-provera injection for nearly 10 years (eek - never again!). They tried to do initial blood tests on me (FSH & progesterone I think) but because my cycles were erractic and my GPs useless in giving appointments it didn't really work that well! DH also had his tests which were normal.

It was at our first visit to the consultant at the fertility clinic that I was prescribed clomid - because it was 'assumed' I wasn't ovulating. To be fair, it regulated my cycles pretty well - on clomid they were between 24-30 days which was a vast improvement on the 28-56 days I'd had before.

I was due to have a HSG in the new year before falling pg. Really it should have been before I started so you've done well there!! I suppose they could suggest a lap for you...

I don't think the fact that your cycles are now regular-ish will effect whether or not it gets prescribed but I'm no expert. Make sure you tell them that you have never been able to confirm ovulation naturally.

You must insist on tracking scans and day 21 bloods if you get prescribed clomid.

Hope that helps

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "KAREN198055" started this thread

Reg: Jun 21st 2012

Wednesday, January 9th 2008, 9:23pm

i have a feeling he will just say carry on with metformin.

hes not the most pro-active but this time im going armed and ready for him. i have been told he is reluctant to monitor you on clomid but i know someone who insisted and he agreed.

how long do you think is reasonable to give metformin a try for if he insists its the way to go??

kazx
x
TTC 2004
5 IVF = 3 Early MC ;(

FET sept 2012 Tentative BFP please please stick little bean

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE