You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 84 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

charlie

• "charlie" started this thread

Reg: Feb 7th 2006

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 11:47am

Men feelings

Hi ya,

Hope you don't mind me starting this thread off, but i have noticed that when it comes to infertility men feelings are ignored or forgotten.

I have done it with my dh, not that i am ignoring his feeling but i do forget he is also going through it as well.

I am just wondering how your dh/dp/df are dealing with infertility. Because people worry more about about the female then the male.
Emma

starsmile

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 11:58am

I found that too Emma. The problem with my DH tho, is he doesn't always talk, and suddenly he will just break. Luckily, this has only happened twice in the 6 years we have been together. During our ICSI cycle, he was so strong and really helped me thru it as I had a bit of a tough time. He only recently told me that he found it heartbreaking watching me go thru all that, blaming himself. I think the male tends to be forgotten because it the woman who has to have the drugs and procedures. Every time i tried to talk to him about it, he would just say it was fine. There were also some other things going on with him at the time but he didn't tell me as he said I already had enough to deal with. I kept persevering (sp?) tho and he finally talked. We were offered the chance to have counselling while having the treatment tho.

I hope you both get thru what is a very difficult time.

Saz

charlie

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 12:05pm

Last night i was telling my dh of FZ, and all of the sudden he was like a changed man. He was talking about how scared he was if it fails etc.

We have talked about counselling and i really think it will help us both.
Emma

starsmile

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 12:18pm

I told DH the very first day I found this site, and tho he sometimes teases me (in good humour) about coming on here, even now, he is alwas interested to hear how others are dealing with the same things as us. I ound this site, and the peaople on it, an invaluable support when going thru our cycle, and I think that in turn did help DH as I was not worrying about every little thing, as I could come on here for advice. There are some male members on here too. SEe if DH wants a look around, even if he doesn't register, he could go into the area where the men who have already been thru it have posted.

charlie

Thursday, February 16th 2006, 12:20pm

I might try that with him, but males are not very good at talking are they. Women are meant to be mind readers.
Emma

starsmile

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 84 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE