You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Hayley1886" started this thread

Reg: Dec 4th 2007

Monday, December 10th 2007, 11:13am

Bath Fertility Clinic

Can I ask if anyone has had any experiences of ivf treatment at this clinic good or bad?

Thank you

Hayley :innocent:

babydust

OMG : WE HAVE A LITTLE GIRL AND A LITTLE BOY "YIPEEEE" XXX

Mrs M

Star

Reg: Oct 10th 2006

Monday, December 10th 2007, 6:57pm

Hi Hayley

I go there - had my first ICSI cycle on NHS then second one and FET privately through them. Unfortunately no BFP yet but am living in hope still! The people there - both consultants and nurses - are all so so nice and that's what counts for me alot.

PM me if you want any more info xxx

------------------------------
Me 33 DH 40, TTC 7+ yrs, unexplained infertility
3 x ICSI and 3 x natural FET with assisted hatching - all BFN :(
Our treatment journey has now ended

Mrs M

Star

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 11:52am

BACC Bath

Hi

I have been at the BACC Bath since Summer 2006. We had 1 cycle on the NHS then private since then and have found them to be top notch. It really is all about feeling comfortbale and that you are getting a personal service and the people there are so lovely. really would recommend it.

xxx

Mrs M

Star

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 11:53am

Costs - forgot about those for some mad reason!

Just under £4k for our ICSI cycle and natural FET is £500

Reg: Dec 18th 2007

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Friday, February 8th 2008, 9:35pm

I'm with the BACC with Mrs M and also found them to be fab. There is always very friendly staff ready to help and advise when ever you phone and if you cant get through they return your call the same day. Its really nice to know that when you go there its a warm and friendly place and they all make you feel very welcome and secure, and that the main thing for me.
I have possible PCOS so they took it nice and slowly with the drugs so i didn't get OHSS all in all i am very very happy with the clinic.

Costs our IVF was about just under £3.5k.

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Lindylou

Reg: Mar 13th 2008

Monday, March 24th 2008, 12:56pm

We attend Bath Clinic too. We are on our first cycle of IVF, through the NHS, and are currently down-regulating. The staff there seem really nice.

x
Lindylou x

Mrs M

Star

Monday, March 24th 2008, 1:15pm

SammySue is there too - she is currently d/r for FET xxx

Monday, March 24th 2008, 9:21pm

Hi Lindy-Lou

AHHH I have a new friend :D happydance

I'm just having my ICSI treatment at Bath and started D/R 5 days ago, how long you been d/r for?

I agree with you about the staff they all seem really nice and happy to answer all your questions even the silly ones :snigger:

You should hop over to April angels thread for eveyone whos doing there treatments in April its great support as we are all in the same boat :angel2:

Good Luck with everything
:xxx3:

babydust

Children: one perfect little miracle baby boy - now trying for a little brother or sister !!

Monday, March 24th 2008, 10:23pm

Hi Lindy-Lou
As Mrs M said i'm at BACC too, And yes the staff there are lovely
Come and join Hayley and me in the April Angels thread :yes: when is your next appt?

Good luck with your TX blowkiss

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Reg: Dec 9th 2007

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 2:19pm

Hi Hayley

How are you, dear? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!
[zx251] :goodluck:

xxx
Me 28, DH 29
TTC - 1 year
Feb 08 - hysteroscopy - endometritis diagnosed
Apr 08 - just had my booster MMR jab
May 08 - DH is to have another SA....
16 Jun 08 - appointment with consultant to discuss a next step...

Reg: Oct 21st 2008

Friday, December 19th 2008, 5:17pm

Bath Clinic

Hi there

Been to our appointment with NHS today and we are being referred for private treatment at Bath. Could have gone to Oxford but as we need to have SSR for some reason (unsure why) Bath is £600.00 cheaper than Oxford so I know that doesn't sound like the right reason (we have also looked at success rates etc and there isn't much in it between Oxford and Bath.

I have to now have day 1-3 bloods done, internal scan and a HIV/HEP B test (hubby has to have this too) and then we should find all results out by end of Jan and the lady we saw today reckons we could be starting treatment in April time which would be fantastic as we both just want to start now.

Couple of questions though if any of you can help or advise:

1. Has anyone used Bath and had success
2. Also the cost is around £5,000 for one lot of ICSI (from start to end), if they get a lot more embryos (fingers crossed) and freeze some, is the next treatment cheaper as you don't need to have egg collection and all those drugs then do you??

Thanks for listening, just looking forward to our journey, wherever it may lead us...hopefully to our own little baby!!!

Joolsxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break
3rd ICSI - Dec 2010 - BFP - Ruby born 13th September 2011

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 5th 2008

Children: Yes please!

Friday, December 19th 2008, 5:37pm

RE: Bath Clinic

Hi Jools

I go to Bath clinic. Unfortunately I can't say that I have been successful yet. I have had ICSI(NHS) and one FET (private). I was actually at the clinic this morning as we were supposed to be having our second FET this month but we decided today not to go ahead as my lining was not thick enough.

On a positive note everyone at the Bath clinic is really nice and the consultants are good and work hard to get over any hurdles put in their way. I had the choice between Bath and Oxford and chose bath because it is slightly closer to home.

Once you have ICSI/IVF, if you have embryos to freeze you can then use them for a FET (frozen embryo transfer), which will be either natural or medicated (depending on whether you have a regular cycle). This definitely cheper than a full ICSI/IVF. Medicated FET is currently GBP 1000 (you may need to pay more if (like me) you need more than the standard drugs). For a natural cycle it's cheper again but I'm not sure of the exact price, I think about GBP 500-550.

If you have anymore questions, just let me know.

Good luck with all your tests - they all sound like the standard ones that you need before starting tx.

Beanie5
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
(ICSI x 4, FET x 6 - 2 early losses)
Tx no. 10 - Immune Protocol through Dr Gorgy :BFP:
MY DIARY

Friday, December 19th 2008, 5:43pm

Thanks for that information, its great to hear of someone that is using the same clinic. It is all so new to me and all the technology confusing but I am trying to learn it all. I hope to get a lot of embryos but I am fresh to this so probably very naive and it might not work out like that but positive mental attitude may and could help!!!!

Keep in touch

Joolsxxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break

United Kingdom

Friday, December 19th 2008, 6:16pm

A positive mental attitude definitely helps! I sometimes struggle to be positive but it is definitely the way forward.

It is very confusing to start with, all the terminology and technical information but you (unfortunatley) soon learn about it as you go through your treatment. I'm sure that you will get some nice embryos to use. I got 7 top quality embryos from our ICSI cycle. One was put back in and 6 were frozen. For the FET, 4 were thawed, 2 of them were put back in and 2 re-frozen, so we have 4 left to use.

Beanie5 x
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

Friday, December 19th 2008, 7:40pm

Hi Jools

I had my treatment at Bath, i must say the staff were very good from the beginning and i do feel that its very mportant you feel comfortable at a clinic as it is a very emotional process and you need to know you can talk to them when you need even if its a silly question its a small team and you do get to know everyone which i think helps.
My first ICSI treatment didnt work and started a natural FET 7 weeks later and it was a success with twins as a result.

A full cycle is around 4500 depending on the drugs you require for stimulation and my FET natural cost 500.00

I wish you every success in whatever you decide.

Hayley x

babydust

Friday, December 19th 2008, 7:41pm

Beanie

Maybe you could answer me another question, Do Bath only put 1 embryo back in for your first go at ICSI? I have heard some clinics only put 1 in if you are young (i am 30) but I want to keep my chances high and have 2 put in but not sure if I will have a say in that or not!!

Joolsxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break

Friday, December 19th 2008, 7:45pm

Thanks Hayley, How wonderful, Twins and one of each!! Well Done and hope you are enjoying your pregnancy. Thanks for the success stories, they keep me going!! Somedays I think it will never happen to me as we all no doubt have our down days but hearing stories like yours cheers me up no end!!!

Joolsxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break

Friday, December 19th 2008, 7:50pm

No probs,

I will say they are fairly strict about transferring 1 embryo at bath, they would only let us have 1 first time round but with a failed cycle under our belt we stood strong and insisted we have 2 put back from frozen which they werent very keen about being under 35, we like you wanted to increase our chances as much as possible.

I wish you every success any question you have about bath pls feel free to pm.

xx

babydust

United Kingdom

Friday, December 19th 2008, 7:54pm

Hi Jools

I think because of your age and the fact that it will be your first attempt that they will advise only putting 1 back in but I don't think that they will say that you can't have 2 put back in.

When we had our ICSI cycle it was just before the government started putting pressure on clinics to reduce the number of multiple births resulting from fertility treatment. The consultant was happy for me to have 2 put back in but out of personal choice we decided on th day to only use one. We had 2 put back in with our FET.

Beanie5
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Friday, December 19th 2008, 7:59pm

Hi Hayley

That's interesting that they were strict with you. I'm 34, so maybe it was because I'm nearly into the next age bracket!

Congratulations on getting a BFP with twins!

Beanie5
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

Friday, December 19th 2008, 9:28pm

Thanks beanie, they used the excuse of my age as I was 27 and they tried to tell me that it doesnt increase your chances by having two put back which I have never been able to agree with!! but to be fair once we had a failed cycle they couldnt really argue!!
we believe it was down to the fact that they are under so much pressure to reduce multiple births by 2010... so its not their fault just following orders!!

Good luck with your fet transfer beanie, I wish you every success xxxx

babydust

Friday, December 19th 2008, 9:55pm

Thanks both for your advice, I am unsure what happens at the clinic so it is nice to have these past experiences to read as well!!!

Thanks again

Joolsxxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break

Sunday, December 21st 2008, 2:53pm

Hey jools
I'm at Bath too, the staff are fantastic and really helpfull, if you ever have a question or anything their always there to answer you call/questions. I've not had any success yet!!! but nothing to do with the clinic. I'm only 29 and had 1 transfered on my 1st go because of my age but have had 2 embies transfered on my last fresh and frozen cycle, and will hopefully have 2 the next go too.
Wish you all the best and hey maybe i'l see you there one day :snigger:
blowkiss

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

Monday, December 22nd 2008, 5:52pm

Hey Sammy Sue

Thanks for the information, I think they may only transfer one first time but it does only take 1 doesn't it!!! PMA PMA PMA!!!!

I will let you know when I go for my first appointment in case you are there too!!!

Joolsxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break

QTPie

Reg: Feb 22nd 2009

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 12:47pm

Hello

We have our first appointment on Monday 6th April. Have already had the blood tests and the sperm test done (by the Pathology unit at Bath RUH - since we are very local... living 10 minutes walk away!).

What can we expect, timing-wise, from now on? Will extra tests (x-rays, ultra-sound etc) be scheduled pretty much straight away after that initial consultation? Will they retest husband?

Husband's last test wasn't brilliant (10mill count, 25% progressive and 93% abnormality - we weren't given the other measures). My blood tests look healthy (borderline on the Day 26 progesterone, but they are retaking that this month). Anyone any idea where they are likely to go with this?

I just turned 35 and my biological clock is ticking overtime (probably doesn't help me stay relaxed...), so am very keen to get going. If there is a wait, then we will pay for private treatment, but obviously it would be nice if we could get a few attempts on the NHS (since it sounds expensive).

QT

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 3:40pm

Hey QT
Sorry not too sure what other tests you'l have done hun as i had all mine done at my Drs hopefully they should have done them all, but you may have another scan? When we went for our 1st appt we basically just had a chat about the treatment and signed some forms I THINK - it was a long time ago :rolleyes: but they are really lovely so dont worry - who's your consultant?
If your going private it should not be long at all before you start tx, maybe a month or two, i dont know how long it would be funded as our last few tries have been self funded! BUT banes pct have changed there policy so anyone over 23 will get 1 full cycle (inc any FET's as a result of that cycle) and they are putting to the board that it should be 2 full cycles so fingers crossed it goes through (sounds promising)
You should get funding as long as you or your partner have no children or you've not self funded 3 cycles

I hope that helps hun but let me know if you want anymore info and all the best for your tx
see ya there :snigger:

EDITED TO SAY hey jools our appts are on the same day - maybe we will meet lol i'l wear a flower so you'l know its me :snigger:

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sammysue" (Feb 22nd 2009, 3:44pm)

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 7:24pm

Hey Sammy sue

Can't believe our appts are on the same day....small world....Got to fill all them questionnaires in before we go, some of the questions are quite bizzare. I have had loads of bloods done and we had our HIV/HEP B/HEP C tests done at our local hospital but I am hearing that Bath will make us pay to have all these done again?? Is that true? I have only recently had all the bloods and as my veins like to play hide and seek everytime I give blood I don't want to have to do it again as I have already been through it. Can anyone advise? I have all our results stored in a folder awaiting our first appt...am so organised at the moment!!

May see you sammy, have to stay in touch closer to the time

Joolsxxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break

hettie

Reg: Mar 8th 2009

Children: 2 step children hopefully have our own one day

Tuesday, March 10th 2009, 7:44am

Hi ladies im on my 2ww i had my first treatment of IVF at BACC, due to be testing on the 16th march. Getting very nrevous now keep thinking AF is on her way any day.xx
How is everyone else doing?

16 Eggs collected, 12 Fertilised
1 8 cell transfered on day 3
4 frozen
First ET 02 march 2009 1 ET
:BFP: 16 march 2009
Me 30 DB 37

Reg: Jan 26th 2009

Wednesday, March 25th 2009, 11:25am

Hello everyone!

Thought I would join in this thread!

I have just requested my GP refer us to Bath for ICSI and SSR, OH had a failed vasectomy reversal in september last year. We are having all blood tests done with GP this month and hoping to hear from the clinic soon to find out when our first appointment will be. I called them yesterday and they said they were booking for May at the moment so fingers crossed it's not too far away.
Vas reversal sept 08 - failed
1st ICSI july 09 severe OHSS, pregnancy ended at 12 weeks :bawl:
Nov 09 laparotomy to remove ovary
2010 2nd ICSI low drug dose, 3 eggs, only one embie - :BFN: :tear:
Cant afford more tx :-(

Reg: Mar 5th 2009

Children: 0 CHILDREN YET

Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 8:17am

bacc clinic bath

been going to bath since 2002,from my experience of bath wouldnt recomend it to anyone,went for first consultation didnt even no who we saw he didnt introduce himself,seeing as we were paying £140 for the appointment,feels just like a number now being reffered to salisbury
ANGIE

Sunday, April 12th 2009, 12:23pm

Hi angie i'm so sorry you have not had good experiances at Bath!
I have never ever had any problem with the clinic and have a great relationship with my con and the nurses - i cannot praise Bath enough and would highly reccomend them to anyone!
They treat everyone as an individual and are always there to answer any problem or query.

IVF 5th time lucky
- BFP
Trying for No 2 - BFP

hettie

Sunday, April 12th 2009, 4:01pm

Hi to all,
I have to agree with sammysue that i have not experienced anything bad with bath clinic, it has all been positive and everyone there is lovely..

Im looking forward to my next scan on the 20th of april hopefully i will see my little peanuts heart beat again..
How are you all doing, and hope you have had a good easter..

4 frozen
Me 30 DB 37

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 9:30pm

I have finally got my appointment through for Bath and its this wednesday 29th April :smile:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 28th 2009, 8:31pm

Hi All

I'm at Bath as well. I had an FET last Friday so I'm currently on my 2WW. The nurses are always so supportive at the clinic.

Good luck with your appointment Lillia

Hettie, Congratulations on your BFP. Out of interest (hoping that I might be in your situation soon!) Do you go to the clinic for your scans or to the main hospital? Do you get to have external scans or is that once you reach 12 weeks?
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 7:23am

Good Luck Beanie! When I had my sons I had external scans at 12 weeks and 24 weeks :smile:

hettie

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 6:57pm

Hi beanie,
I had 2 internal scans 1 at 7 weeks and my second at 9 weeks but i had a picture with that scan so it was well worth it. When i went for my 1st scan i thought it was going to be external but OH NO!!!! it was internal, but thay have seen it soo many time before you just get used to it..
In my area we dont get a 12 week scan, I am going to pay to have one i have to phone R.U.H and book one. I want it for peice of mind, the jorney is so stressfull they ought to give you a free scan every two weeks..

:goodluck: on your 2WW

Hello lilia how was your appointment?

4 frozen
Me 30 DB 37

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 7:18pm

Hi Hettie

Thanks for the info. Internal scans have become a normal part of life now. I dream about 1 day having an external scan!

I don't blame you paying for a 12 week scan. I would do the same.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

Friday, May 1st 2009, 8:03pm

Hi Hettie

Congratulations on your BFP :smile:

My appointment went very well, scan was all good and start down reg at the end of may :smile:

Can't wait!

Monday, June 29th 2009, 7:17pm

Hello is there anyone on here anymore? I feel all alone on this thread!!!

Sunday, August 9th 2009, 3:30pm

Having completed my first cycle at Bath and despite getting a BFP, I honestly now would not recommend this clinic to anyone.

Do not go to Bath, I would suggest Oxford or Bristol!!

hettie

Monday, August 10th 2009, 8:02am

Hello lilla, sorry not been on for ages, congrats on your BFP, what happened did you not get on too well at bath?

4 frozen
Me 30 DB 37

Bath1975

Reg: Dec 1st 2009

Children: Not yet!

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 7:09pm

Bath Fertility Clinic Dec 2009 - any recent experiences?

Hi, I have just found all of tthe posts from last year and early 2009 about Bath Fertlity Clinic and was feeling very positive about the mainly good comments. Then the last post (lillia) wrote not to go there which is a bit worrying as it has all gone quiet!

I wondered if anyone had more recent experiences than this? I visited the cinic today and left with a bag of drugs to start in around 3 weeks time (CD21). Am looking forward to getting on with it after 3 years of trying, but nervous about all the drugs and what to expect. Anyone in the same position or has gone through it and can offer any advice?

I have just registered on this site so haven't sorted out my profile yet but will do when I get my head around it!
2 Fresh and 1 frozen ET in 2010 - All :BFN: :
2 x IVF in 2011 (one immune) - Both :BFN: :bawl:
DE cycle at Serum with immunes - October 12 - Guess what? :BFN:
DE FET March 2013 - :BFN:
DE cycle -October 2013 and FET November 2013 - :BFN:
DD cycle - last go - BFP!!!

Tuesday, December 1st 2009, 7:43pm

I have had two lots of treatment there but they were unsuccesful! I have decide to try another clinic for my third time, this isn't a reflection on the clinic but our decision that we feel we need to change something,again this maynot work but we will know we did our best!! I have always found the consultants and nurses and admin staff very friendly and lovely!!
Hope you get your bfp xx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 7:22pm

Hi Bath 1975,

I am sorry if you were worried about the post, I have asked for it to be removed, many ladies have had a positive experience there and do recommend the clinic (read the rest of the Bath thread), it's a very personal thing, every clinic will have the odd unhappy customer and very many very happy ones.

Fingers crossed for your treatment, wishing you all the best and a new year BFP :smile:

Bath1975

Reg: Dec 1st 2009

Children: Not yet!

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 7:49pm

Thanks lillia, that makes me feel better. As you say, there's always good and bad reviews for everything, sometimes at completely opposite ends of the spectrum! I'm sorry you had a bad experience though and I hope you have better luck in the future!
2 Fresh and 1 frozen ET in 2010 - All :BFN: :
2 x IVF in 2011 (one immune) - Both :BFN: :bawl:
DE cycle at Serum with immunes - October 12 - Guess what? :BFN:
DE FET March 2013 - :BFN:
DE cycle -October 2013 and FET November 2013 - :BFN:
DD cycle - last go - BFP!!!

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 7:22pm

Hi there,

I have been a regular visitor at BFC this year and I can't fault it all. The staff are extremely friendly, cheerful, supportive, understanding and very down to earth about everything. They really put you at ease. Nothing is too much trouble for them and I would highly recommend it. The first few times we didn't get the result we were after but we finally got a BFP a couple of weeks ago.

There's no need to feel nervous, you can find the answers to most questions on here or just pick up the phone to the clinic.

Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to know and I'll try to help.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

RachelG

Reg: Dec 9th 2009

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 8:48pm

Hi. I'm new. And technically haven't yet been referred to Bath clinic as yet - we need to wait for a second semen test to be confirmed first (but we know the answer sadly). Dr is then going to refer us on 5th Jan 2010. Likely we will be recommended ICSI.

The one question I have is how long is the waiting list at Bath if you are going NHS? Is it weeks? months? years? I have no idea...

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 9:06pm

Hi, we waited 11 weeks for the initial consultation and after that things moved very quickly. We started ICSI approx 4 months after that but I had to have quite a few tests to find out what why we couln't conceive. This took some time as I had to wait for appts at the RUH, which took time. Once it was confirmed that we needed to have ICSI we started within a couple of weeks. Hope this helps.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

RachelG

Reg: Dec 9th 2009

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 9:14pm

Thank you! Its easier when you have an idea of what there is to come.

I got my results from ovarian / pelvic scan today that confirmed I most likely have Polycistic Ovaries which is probably the reason I don't ovulate at all. Doctor said they won't bother putting me on Clomid because DH has only 9% sperm motility - so its near enough certain they'll recommend us for ICSI.

So I shall probably be on here quizzing you again in the new year!!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 9:23pm

No problem, I'm happy to help! It's nice to chat to people about what to expect, if only to stop yourself worrying! Atleast you can go for your first appointment already knowing why you haven't conceived yet and that should mean they get you started pretty quickly. Good luck!!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE