You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 21 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mrs M

Star

• "Mrs M" started this thread

Reg: Oct 10th 2006

Sunday, December 9th 2007, 1:11pm

Changing clinics?

Hi All

Just wanted any thoughts on if anyone has changed clinics and how it works - do they make you have all the bloods etc again? can you just ring up and book an appointment or do you need some kind of referral? if you have frosties, do they transfer them across? etc

We are thinking of moving to the Bristol one possibly (Centre of Reproductive Medicine) - did very well in the recent results (not that I rely on these too heavily). Anyone been to that clinic?

xxx

------------------------------
Me 33 DH 40, TTC 7+ yrs, unexplained infertility
3 x ICSI and 3 x natural FET with assisted hatching - all BFN :(
Our treatment journey has now ended

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Sunday, December 9th 2007, 1:29pm

Hi Mrs M. I am on my 3rd clinic now so a bt of an expert on the subject! We were going to use the Bristol Cnetre for Reproductive Medicine (REPROMED) but were put off by the fact that after you are referred from your GP you still have to wait another 6 weeks for a consultation with them. I feel that if you are paying for your treatment you should be able to get a private consultation straight away. Had we waited for the appointment with them, we would only just be seeing them in the next couple of weeks, whereas with the clinic we have chosen (IVF Wales in Cardiff) we got an appointment within a week and are now ready to start our treatment after Christmas.
On saying that, REPROMED do have a good track record. I have a friend who used them and was very pleased with them. She got pregnant on her 1st attempt and is now 25 weeks pregnant.

It varies from clinic to clinic whether you need to go through the referral process again from your GP. For IVF Wales we didn't need to, but with REPROMED we did. The same goes with all the tests you need. IVF wales were happy with the results from my last FSH/LH etc and just did HIV/Hep B and C again, but REPROMED wantd the whole lot done again, which to me, seeing as my results were only 4 months old, wasa waste of money.

The best thing to do, is to phone the clinics you are thinking of changing to, and ask them whether they require referrals, tests etc, and what their waiting list is like for appointments. They should be happy to tell you all this.

With regard to transferring frosties, i think most clinics are happy to do this. you can either collect them in person in a special container, and deliver them to your new clinic yourself, or ask the clinic to do the transfer.

I hope this helps your anyhoo.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Sunday, December 9th 2007, 2:52pm

mrs smiff, may i ask a question? how much time does it take for copy of notes from my old clinic to arrive? I have my appointment on 21st in private clinic. Notes from my NHS clinic have still not arrived. I am getting worried.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rightans" (Dec 9th 2007, 2:55pm)

Mrs M

Star

• "Mrs M" started this thread

Reg: Oct 10th 2006

Sunday, December 9th 2007, 4:34pm

Thanks Mrs Smiff - v helpful. I may call them and see what they say - would really not want to have to repeat all the things we have done if poss so will see what they say.

Met a guy on my course last week who has 2 year old twins through the Lister in Chelsea and he said he couldn't recommend them enough (again did well on the lastest figs out) - the travel puts me off a bit though but may need to see if it's an obstacle we could overcome

PS have a great holiday - not long to go!

xxx

------------------------------
Me 33 DH 40, TTC 7+ yrs, unexplained infertility
3 x ICSI and 3 x natural FET with assisted hatching - all BFN :(
Our treatment journey has now ended

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Sunday, December 9th 2007, 6:17pm

Hi rightans, it depends from clinic to clinic again about your notes. My old clinic managed to get mine to me within about 10 days, but they are allowed to take about 6 weeks i think under data protection. I would give the old clinic a ring to make sure they ahve sent them, and if not, is there any chance you can go in and collect them?
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 21 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE