You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 16 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Holly" started this thread

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Friday, December 7th 2007, 11:20pm

Success rates up overall but massive divide between clinics…

I saw in the newspaper that the HFEA had released their latest treatment figures today. I’ve just been having a look at the figures and the good news is overall success rates are up by 0.9%, it saddens me somewhat though the huge difference in success rates from clinic to clinic.
The top clinic is ARGC in London. They have a success rate (based on women under 35) of 61% compared to a success rate of 26% at the clinic where I was treated.
Why such a difference? The top two clinics in the country are run by the same man so do we asssume it is down to the doctors?
:xmas8:

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Friday, December 7th 2007, 11:57pm

having been treated on the NHs locally and then Privately locally, and then at ARGC -
the answer to that is yes -

Mr T actually listened to you and appears to treat you or DW s actual condition - whereas other clinics try to fit you in to their proscribed treatments....

it is scandalous that there is such a difference ...
DAD to twins

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Saturday, December 8th 2007, 10:26am

here is the link for those intereted

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_an…icle3013301.ece

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Saturday, December 8th 2007, 12:54pm

what makes me laugh is the fact that the success rates that the hfea have published are 2005!!!

my clinic have a very high sucess rate since improving things. above the national average

can you imagine just trying to chose a clinic if you knew nothing!!
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

• "Holly" started this thread

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Saturday, December 8th 2007, 6:12pm

We didn’t know anything about differing success rates when we had our treatment, I imagine for most couples it’s a case of using whichever clinic is closest to where you live.
:xmas8:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 16 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE