You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 58 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "d.martin" started this thread

Reg: Dec 21st 2005

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 8:19pm

new to clomid

hello everyone
i havent posted on fz for a while about my journey

i am on the waiting list for my local priviate hospital for a sperm donor but have been waiting over 12mths for any news or an appointment, so i thought i would try to find my own donor which i have done as im really worried time is passing so i went to see a nhs gyne today and he has perscribed me clomid.

i havent started them yet and dont really no much about them or the side effects i may have.

if anyone can help me with some information that would be great.

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
1st insem feb 08 :BFN:
6 x clomid

2nd donor insem may 08:BFN:
3rd donor insem June 08 :BFN:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "d.martin" (Nov 14th 2007, 8:21pm)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 8:23pm

Hi Denise

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO CLOMID

This should help

Is your consultant doing scans and bloods too? Have you had all of your tests back from your donor?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 8:47pm

Hi Denise

There are a number of us past and present clomid chicks so feel free to fire questions and we'll do our best to help. The side effects of clomid (if indeed you suffer at all) are lessened if you take them at night. What dose are you on? x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 8:50pm

Hi Denise! I'm an ex clomid chick - Bubble's right - there's quite a few of us who've taken it or are taking it so ask away - someone (usually Eeyore!) will know the answer!

There's a fab clomid chicks thread in the clomid section - full of ladies currently taking clomid - lots of laughter and support - dive straight in!

Good luck.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

• "d.martin" started this thread

Reg: Dec 21st 2005

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 8:56pm

thankyou all
i have been put on 50mg to start and i have to go back on day 21 of my cycle for blood tests he didnt mention scans.

yes the donor has had all his blood tests done and will be sending me a copy its all quite early days so hopefully things will work out as ive been let down before with a donor but i need to keep trying.

i am taking metformin at the moment is it ok to still take it now and when im taking the clomid?

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
1st insem feb 08 :BFN:
6 x clomid

2nd donor insem may 08:BFN:
3rd donor insem June 08 :BFN:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "d.martin" (Nov 14th 2007, 9:01pm)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 58 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.