You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 7:39pm

i always inject in the evening as my clinic like it done this way as then they can make adjustments after scans if need be

yes you take suprecur at the same time as stimms

mrsmoo

Reg: Dec 16th 2008

Children: 1 daughter 7

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 10:03pm

Thanks for that.
So when taking te 2 injections in one day, can you do them one after the other, close together?

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, March 16th 2009, 11:27am

yes do one after the other

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, March 16th 2009, 11:32am

I have been told I must inject at the same time in the morning.

Last cycle I did one and then the other - one in each thigh.

this time I have to do them in the tummy and will do one on each side I think. Check with your clinic as to what time of day though.

Reg: Apr 20th 2009

Children: N/csle CFL

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 1:50pm

Good luck
xx

Lccl

Star

Reg: Apr 13th 2012

Monday, April 27th 2009, 9:33am

I always did my injections in the evening, roughly the same time everyday. It's best to do them at a time you will be ready and relaxed ie with nothing pressing to do or other chores. You can do 2 injections back to back.. actually it's a good thing, that way they are both done!

Good luck chuck and happy jabbing as they say lol... aw.. exciting time now. :smile:

Reg: Apr 23rd 2009

Monday, April 27th 2009, 4:19pm

Hi there Mrs Moo
I have always been tolf to inject in the evening that way when they are scanning in the morning/afteroon they can see the affects of the drugs from the previous day. Where as if you inject in the morning and then have a scan in the afternoon, they wont see the full affects of that injection, but I would check with your clinic just to make sure.

There is no problem injecting one after the other - they dont clash so you will be fine. For my last 3 cycles (now in 2ww) I have dont the injections in my bum! more flab there and not as bad cause you cant see it being done.

Lots of luck x

Reg: Oct 20th 2009

Children: Hopeful!!!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 4:45pm

STIMS injections how to?

Well after being the worlds most impatient woman af finally showed, so am starting stim injections tomorrow.

It took my hubbie a couple of days to master the buserelin injections, and i was just wondering is the stim injections are more tricky with them being in the muscle instead of fat??? with the buserelin hubbie just pinched the fat and jabbed me but i was wondering (this is gonna sound stupid) but do you still pinch the area where you are jabbing or just push it in?. Also any suggestions on where is better?

Thanks in advance x x x

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 6:37pm

Hi Dory,
Are you sure your stims injections are in the muscle?
Most stims these days are given in the same way as buserelin, into the fat. But I'm sure all will be explained to you tomorrow. I found injecting stims to be no different from the d/r meds. You may need to add saline to the meds before injecting, but its easy once you've been shown what to do.
Good luck!
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 7:41pm

We're not being shown they have just give me the drugs and left me to my own devices, the nurse said to put it into the upper outter part of your butt cheek!!!! or the thigh, am i really nervous about it i feel like i have not had things explained at all!!! i keep asking really stupid questions and think they are sick of hearing from me now!!!!

Arrrghhh :-( xx

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 7:51pm

I've just checked my sheet and its def in the muscle????? it even says on there to use the blue needle (slightly bigger) instead of the orange one that i used for buserelin although its making me feel really worried now that its normally in the fat???

Has anyone else on puregon/menupur been told to do it in the muscle?

x

Thursday, November 5th 2009, 5:20am

puregon/menupur where to inject?

Hello!!!

Starting on Puregon tonight for three nights and then move on to menupur for three nights and was advised by the nurse to inject it into the muscle, put reading in here it seems most ladies have it same as their buserelin ie into the fat?

Help i am worried yet again!!! xx

2mums

Star

Reg: Jun 28th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son

Thursday, November 5th 2009, 3:46pm

I've used both puregon and menopur and have always been told to inject into my tummy (same as with the buserelin), I've not heard ot stimms being injected in the muscle. You're obviously very worried - ring your clinic and ask if they can show you how to do it. Don't worry about looking stupid... I'm surprised they didn't show you in the first place.

ICSI Apr09 BFN
ICSI Jul09 BFP m/c (blighted ovum)
ICSI Nov09 :BFP:
:boy:

2mums

Star

Friday, November 6th 2009, 12:29pm

Dory, how did you get on with your injection?

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Friday, November 6th 2009, 2:24pm

Hi

Well after getting myself in a complete state, falling out with hubbie and crying i ended up ringing consultant he was just so casual about it he said either or but in the muscle would be better as it won't hurt as much!!!. I explained that i was sorry for being such a pain ringing again (this is the 5th time i have phoned in 2 weeks, i'm sure i must be his worst patient!!!).

I opted for in the belly and it hurt like hell, hubbie is convinced its because i got myself in such a state over it but i'm not so sure, i could actually feel it oozing in my belly!!! Also had the buserelin in my belly too so was wondering if it was because i had both in the same place?.

Its got me really down as i just don't feel like i am having the support i should, i feel like i am being left to my own devices.

Any tips??? i don't know whether to switch to a different place tonight?.

Also is it now that i should be upping my water intake? i normally drink about 2 litres of water a day and endless cups of decap tea how much do you need?

Had a dull ache in my kidneys today not sure if that is from the injection, its hard to know what comes from the injections and whats just aches and pains!!!

I normally spot for quit a while after af but my af only lasted about 3 days in total is this normal with stims?? i was heavier than usual though.

Thanks again lovely ladies xx

2mums

Star

Friday, November 6th 2009, 2:44pm

Hi Dory, I did progesterone injections in the bum muscle in my last cycle, and found them a lot more painful than injecting in the tummy. I guess the only way to find out is to try it, but personally I'd rather inject in my tummy any day.

Your tummy is probably bruised from all the injections - try to pick a different spot for each one. I normally do the buserelin and stimms on different sides of my tummy. Some ladies find that it helps to numb the area with ice first. Sounds like you're drinking plenty to me.

Not sure about the pain in your kidneys, but it's normal for your AF to be a bit messed up because of all the drugs.

I'm sorry your clinic is being so unsupportive... you shouldn't just be left to figure things out on your own, it's their job to help you!

ICSI Apr09 BFN

Friday, November 6th 2009, 5:48pm

Thanks its really reassuring to speak to people on here

The other thing that concerns me is that the first scan that i will have will be on mon and that is my 5th day of stims surely i should have had one before i started the stims injections to check that everything was ok??? Not getting positive vibes from this clinic at all!!!! Feeling really down about it all :bawl:

x

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Friday, November 6th 2009, 8:29pm

Hi Dory,

I hope your injection tonight is better? Have you tried pinching the skin and holding the needle at a slight angle? I always found pinching an inch of flab around the injection area helped, and gradually pushing the plunger as I released my pinch. I used to do mine really slowly as I found it hurt if I did it too fast! Also it hurt far more in the bum than in the stomach. The ice-cube trick sounds like a good one too, it's just a case of finding what works for you. Some days it does hurt, and others are pain free. If you are struggling though I'd book and appointment with your clinic as 2mums suggests for a lesson.

As for the scan - I didn't have one at my clinic before starting stimms. They'd done one on my planning appointment when I was a few days into my natural menstrual cycle just to make sure everything was ok then. A lot of lades on here do have their baseline scans after a few weeks of D/R before starting stimms but it's not always the case - then I didn't have my first follie scan until day 8 of stimms! Each clinic has their own protocols, I am sure the DR drugs will have done their job and you will have some nice follies growing on Monday.

:xxx3:

Moonshine

Tigs

Reg: Nov 5th 2009

Friday, November 6th 2009, 8:42pm

Hi everyone,

I've just recently registered and have been chatting to a couple of you lovely ladies on the overstimmulating thread.

Can I just ask a quick question about the needles. I have small yellow needles which I have been using to inject, orange ones to draw up the down regging drugs and pink ones to draw up the stimming drugs. I only have one yellow one left and when I spoke to the clinic they said I am ok to inject with the slightly longer orange ones. Has anyone ever done this, I'm a bit scared the needle will be going in too far.

Thank you
xxxx
ICSI Nov 09 zero fertilisation :bawl:

Tigs

Reg: Nov 5th 2009

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 12:44pm

Needle crisis over.... I'm such an idiot, I must have checked the bag a million times and could not find any yellow needles, I come to do my jabs this morning and hey presto there they are looking at me, yellow needles!! Where did they come from, they definately where not there when I checked yesterday.

After the excitement of finding my needles I then only go and inject into the same legs as I did yesterday, I am so loosing the plot. I'm thinking it shouldn't matter too much as long as I change legs tomorrow, has anyone else ever done this?

Menopur stings!!
ICSI Nov 09 zero fertilisation :bawl:

What's Up?
Finally I'm a mummy!

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 3:47pm

Can I do it wrong?

Hi!

Apologies if I'm repeating anything that has already been posted...
I start D/R in 3 days time and will be injecting suprecur each evening in to my thigh. I had my injection training and was told to alternate thighs and inject at the same time daily. I did have a go with a saline injection whilst at the clinic but all that seems so long ago - 3 weeks in fact - and I'm now worrying about it all!
My main question really is can I do it wrong? How specific an area on the top of my thigh should I be injecting into? I guess I'm worrying about muscle/veiny areas etc and I know I probably sound silly but any reply would be gratefully received! :smile:

TTC since 2007

PCOS/High ATA's/MF issues/Immune issues/Hidden C+

ICSI 1 :BFN:
ICSI 2 :BFP: mmc
ICSI 3 :BFN:
DICSI 4 :BFP: chem pg
DFET 5 :BFN:
DICSI 6 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DICSI 7 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DFET 8 (Immune protocol) :BFP: : D
Finally blessed with a beautiful :girl: on 28.11.15, 8Ib 12

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 4:50pm

Hi Claire - don't worry it's not a silly question at all!

Basically, the injection is a sub-cutaneous one, so as long as it goes under your skin - it will be absorbed into your blood stream by all the tiny capilliary veins present. It doesn't have to be in a specific place in your thigh (I'd aim for a fleshier bit though as it usually doesn't sting as much as a more muscular bit). Just be confident - the needle going in really doesn't hurt at all - hold it at a slight angle and jab. Slowly press down the plunger, and when all the liquid is gone, remove the needle and hey presto!

Sometimes you may bleed a little, sometimes it may sting, occasionally you may find a bruise or experience a little redness around the site, and other times you may feel nothing at all - all of which are completely normal.

If you have any worries don't be afraid to practice again with some spare saline solution, or phone your clinic for some reassurance - but as long as the liquid goes in, you can't go wrong.

Wishing you lots of luck hun :xxx3:

What's Up?
Finally I'm a mummy!

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 5:53pm

Thank you so much Moonshine!

U very cleverly made it sound like a breeze! :smile: I've been soooo busy at work that until I broke up for the Christmas hols on Friday I haven't really thought about it in as much detail! Then today - BAM - it hit me and all the little questions started whizzing round my head! ?( I know I'll be fine once I get started and although I did the practice one it's not quite the same when you haven't got the nurse there supervising is it? Makes me feel better that I have instant support here. Thanks again!

TTC since 2007

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 6:09pm

You're very welcome hun. I admire you're bravery - it actually took me a cycle and a half before I stopped relying on my best friend (who just happens to be a GP!) to do it for me :snigger: It wasn't until I did it myself I realised it was actually really ok!

You'll be fine :-)

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:28pm

hi claire bear

as moonshine said you dont have to use thigh. i always used stomach, bit fleshier there. i also learnt to rub an ice cube on the jab site just before jabbing. it is supposed to confuse the brain so you dont actually feel the needle point at all. it worked for me. but each to their own. good luck with the process and here's hoping for a wondeful outcome.

jade

xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

What's Up?
Finally I'm a mummy!

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 9:11pm

Thanks Jade. I'd read quite a bit about using an ice cube and may well give that a try. Thank you for your tips!

Moonshine - I'm not that brave really.... I have no choice but to do the injections myself as my 'wonderful' DH managed to cause chaos at our clinic when he had a very simple blood test and passed out, hallucinated, went into a fit and the nurse had to ring the panic alarm and call for 7 other members of staff to come and assist! :snigger: He then spent the next few hours tucked up in one of the recovery rooms with tea and biscuits until he was well enough to drive home. Needless to say, with a fear of needles like that, he ain't coming anywhere near me when the injections happen! :happy: Such a good job men don't have to go through the IVF process, nor give birth for that matter!
He would kill me for telling you all this!

TTC since 2007

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Monday, January 25th 2010, 11:24am

What time to Inject?

Can I ask what time you injected at? Did you do it before work in the morning or after work in the evening? I'm working myself into a frenzie about the injections starting on the 8th Feb :faint: oh and where did you stick the needle? I think i would prefer to jab it into my tummy :S
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Monday, January 25th 2010, 11:37am

Hi angel mouse

I injected in the evening (the clinic said between 4.30-7.30pm but to shoose a similar time each day) and into my tummy. When have you got your injection lesson at the clinic? They'll tell you then.

I always found the injections fine, try not to worry about them

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Children: none

Monday, January 25th 2010, 11:41am

does anyone know how long you can leave it between jabs is it an hour or more?
1st ICSI freeze all OHSS
1st FET :BFN:
2nd ICSI test date 3rd Nov :BFN:
2nd FET feb 12 :BFN:

Reg: May 19th 2009

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 8:52am

Tips for injecting from an ex needle-phobic!

It is only now (4 days in to D/R, 2nd IVF cycle) that I have finally done my first solo injection!

Thought maybe some of my tips may help anyone with injecting issues.........

Day 1, I prepared the needle & solution and DH injected

Day 2, I prepared the needle & solution and pushed the plunger in (albeit very slowly)

Day 3, I prepared the needle & solution and DH held my hand and helped push in to the skin

Day 4, I did it myself :smile:

I always use a small ice pack to numb the area slightly and always use my tummy as the injection site. I found that thighs were much more uncomfortable and tended to bruise more easily.

Julie

Reg: Jan 23rd 2010

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 7:21pm

First injection over!

Hi
I have just done my first gonal f injection I set it for 112.5 put needle in and pressed the top down it clicked twice but I expected the top to go right in, I am worried now i didnt get and drug could I have some
indication it is ok
Bethany

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 8:45pm

hey hun the top doesnt go right in for the gonal f as u only have to set it the once and it stays the same you keep pressing down till there are no more clicks no idea cant remember how many there should be, if ur really worried phone the clinic tehy will tell you how many clicks but im sure your fine. Othar than worrying about the dose did it go ok hun
1st ICSI freeze all OHSS

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 9:06pm

Thanks one day
I am probably been paranoid.
It was ok stung a bit when needle went in but didn't feel anything after that. It has left a slight pin prick. There is a red line on the pen which is lined up with the dose when I had injected the line has gone I think this is a indicator that the dose had been taken. I have to go for my first scan on tue to see how things are going
Thank you for your support
Bethany

Reg: May 17th 2010

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 9:16pm

I was also on 112.5 Gonal F and 2 clicks sounds right to me! Good luck, I'm sure you're doing it right! xfingers

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 10:07pm

its been so long since i used gonal f my mind went blank lol but im sure ur ok good luck hun
1st ICSI freeze all OHSS

Friday, October 22nd 2010, 4:56am

Hi
Started injecting yesterday. I had a little bit of brown blood on the wed mornin, and by 5.00 on the wed it was a bit of red blood but not a lot. The clinic said was it full flow well I didn't think it was so I was told to wait till yesterday. This morning I seemed to have stopped completely what If I should have started on wed instead will this effect my treatment. I am on the pill and my periods are quite light and don't last long Can someone reassure me.
Bethany

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Friday, October 22nd 2010, 7:30am

Hi Hun
Some ladies spot for first few days of stimms, is perfectly normal. Any heavier than spotting call bourn!
Gonal f 2clicks soy d's about right to me!! If your dose stays the same then out of a 900 pen you get 8 jabs, 450 pen at 112.5 dose = 4 jabs. I'm guessing you have a 900 and 450 own as that's what bourn gave me, think it's standard place to start. Think I done 11 jabs in all of gonal f
Good luck xx
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Friday, October 22nd 2010, 5:34pm

Thanks lynsey I was a bit worried I should have started injecting wed instead of thu what would happen If i started a day late. I have got a 900 pen and 2 x 300. I cant believe we are now on our way. I finished work today for one week
so I can relax. I do appreciate all you help this forum is a god send
Take care Bethany

Friday, October 22nd 2010, 5:36pm

forgot to say has anyone had a risk assessment done for there jobs. My head did one for me yesterday

Lynsey

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Friday, October 22nd 2010, 6:16pm

I have never had one done. Only time they would do one, is if I was pregnant.
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 8:04pm

Injection questions

Hi
Just wondering what time the trigger shot is usually done Is it a time between like my gonal f is between 6-8 or is it a set time. Is it done early morning or late at night.
We are going for the 1st scan on tue after jabbing for 5 days I am feeling very windy and tired is this side effects already!.
I think they are going to show us the cerotide injection on tue I think i have to do this alongside the gonal f any ideas when i will have to do this.
Hope everyone is ok
Bethany :)

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Children: my fur baby shawnee and my beautiful daughter C born Dec 2010

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 8:10pm

Your trigger shot is usually given 36 hours before your Egg Collection time - for me it always ended up being between 9 and 11.30 in the evening

I'm not sure about the cetrotide timings as ive never used it myself
TTC for 7 years (MFI and Immune problems)
6 ICSI's so far all BFN
Cycle with Immune treatment in Nottingham - :BFP:

Ellie's PG Diary

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 9:24pm

Your clinic will yell you what time to do trigger and it's 36 hours before egg collection. So the time will depend on your clinics surehery scedule for your egg collection date. You must do the injection exactly when they say.

Get the stuff out 15 mins before and make up the injection, then you will be ready to inject at the correct time.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 22nd 2008

Children: 2 Beautiful Babies. One of Each!

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 9:27pm

mine was also 36 hours prior to egg collection, I think it was after midnight as i remember sitting and waiting for the time too scared to nod off in case i missed the time.
bab15 bab16 Sa-Leanne xx

Sunday, October 24th 2010, 9:59pm

Thank you for your replies
I have looked in the trigger shot box and it is a pre filled syringe so no mixing to do thank goodness!
Does anyone know the timings for cetritide injections
Bethany

Lynsey

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Monday, October 25th 2010, 5:38pm

I just done the cetrotide at the same time as my gonal F just in the oppisite side of my tummy. Other ladies done theirs in the mornings, dont think it really matters just as long as its the same time each day xx
LYNSEY xx

WE ARE ADOPTING
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Friday, October 29th 2010, 6:02pm

ovitrelle jab

HI
I am due to take my ovitrelle trigger shot on sun, when we had the drugs training the nuse said there must be an air bubble in the solution.I have had a look at mine and I can't see one, my husband turned the syringe upside down and said there it is. I am not sure and am paranoid what happens if there is no bubble and the solution does not do it's job.
Thank you for your support
Bethany

hjp

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Friday, October 29th 2010, 6:39pm

I am not sure what the 'bubble' thing is about. I think they told me not to worry about it if there is one because you don't inject it into a vein....sorry - not very helpful!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Friday, October 29th 2010, 7:19pm

Just done my cetrotide injection i thought i had got all the fluid out took the needle out pressed down again and a few drops came out does it matter
Bethany

Monday, November 1st 2010, 4:55am

ovitrelle jab

Hi
It's early monday morning and I have hardly slept, I did my ovitrelle injection at 11.00 last night. For starters I couldn't get the cover off the needle, I handed it to my husband who pulled it off but managed to prick himself and draw blood. As he handed it back to me I slightly pressed down on the top of the syringe and let a drop of liquid out. I know this is so important and now I am worried everything will go wrong. I will be glad when tomorrow comes for egg collection at least I will know if this drug has worked.
If my husband had got some liquid on his skin will it do any harm.
Once again thank you for your support
Bethany

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE