You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Babyfairy" started this thread

Reg: Aug 30th 2007

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 11:58am

INJECTING & INJECTIONS - QUESTIONS & TIPS

OK girls, here is a possibly stoopid question!
When you inject, do you always find a lil amount of meds left in the syringe that just wont go in?
I am not injecting 0.25ml Buserelin, but about 0.05 always remains in the syringe. Should I therefore increase the dose to 0.30ml to cover that 0.05? ?(

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 1:14pm

are you getting all the air out?

i wouldn't increase unless your clinic say to do so, give them a call?

their will always be a tiny bit left in the syring hun.

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 1:18pm

I wouldn't worry too much. There's no way you can get absolutely everything out, but as Kara says check with the clinic.

• "Babyfairy" started this thread

Reg: Aug 30th 2007

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 1:49pm

Thanks girls xxx

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, November 14th 2007, 6:20pm

All injected doses of everything are calculated to account for the little bit that's left - they know it won't go in, and you're not supposed to in order to get the dose you're prescribed.

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Friday, March 14th 2008, 12:27pm

Injections

Hi ladies,

Im about to emark on my 2nd go at IVF - first one resulted in a BFN - however, i have been reading on here about a number of women who take their injections at night as they get better results?????

I have opted for injections instead of the nasel spray (also got this the last time around) This time i am at a different clinic so i am assuming my protocol will be the same as the last time - i will inject for apprx 3 weeks, then have my first scan, then if everything is well - i start my follie food (as i call it) Gonal F or Menopur (still not sure which drug im taking as im still waiting for my schedule and drugs to be delivered) for approx 12 days with a few scans inbetween - then trigger shot, then EC (all being well)

My question is this - i have read on here that its better to take the injections at night (as most of u do) but i took mine in the morning, as soon as i got up out of bed, i wud inject so had nothing to worry about for the rest of the day - all over in one go so to speak!

Is there a reason why most of u inject in the evening? Will i get a better response if i inject in the evening - after all i have been thru with my last lot of tmt u wud think i wudnt have any questions - but this just goes on and on ....

Your input ladies wud be really appreciated ... thank u in advance

Becky xxx

Reg: Aug 3rd 2007

Friday, March 14th 2008, 12:34pm

My clinic advise the evening only because if you have a scan they can then increase or lower the dose as required, if you have it in the morning you will have already had them for the day and they will not be able to adjust your dose if needed to do so straight away. xxx

Germany

Reg: Nov 12th 2007

Children: Twin boys born April '10 thanks to ICSI

Friday, March 14th 2008, 12:50pm

I took my first stim injection today. My clinic said it doesn't matter whether it's morning or evening, so I went for morning as then they could do the first injection for me. My first scan will be at 7.30 in the morning so that's before I would inject anyway! Obviously there will be no blood test result for me that quick, so I've decided to let them worry about that.

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, March 14th 2008, 1:08pm

My clinic just adjusted the dose the day after. If I had early scans I would do the down reg jab but leave the stimming jab until I knew if they would up or down the drugs...

(I am a morning jabber) :)

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Friday, March 14th 2008, 2:06pm

Thanks ladies,

Im glad to know that im not the only morning jabber :happy: will have to wait and see what my schedule is i think - the last time i remember i had all my scans by 8am - i wud rather have them early - saves taking time off work and avoiding all the funny looks off work collegues as to why i need so much time off!

Oh the joys of ivf eh???

Becky xxx

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Friday, March 14th 2008, 4:37pm

I inject in the evening as that is what it says on my protocol instruction sheets. To be honest, I did not question it :rolleyes: dont know why not!

I think I was blinded by science when I was there and fretting more about the internal scan and injection training!

I have no idea why my clinic does it that way - just their preference I guess.

At the moment I am just in their hands and along for the ride.

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Friday, March 14th 2008, 5:08pm

Hi

I'm doing mine in the morning as thats what the clinic told me to do.

Trust your clinic- they've been doing it a long time.

As long as you take them and roughly the same time each day everything will be fine.

Good luck hun.x

Gemma

:xxx3:

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 6:17pm

Injection nightmare

I've just injected a solution without mixing it up first with the powder (Luveris) - it's the same principle as Menopur.

It bloody hurt....I mean :tears: hurt and I didn't realise until I'd nearly got all of it in whilst biting my lips and trying to concentrate through the tears.

Crap!

I'm waiting for a consultant to call me back as I'm afraid I may die!!! It really really hurts still.

Has anyone ever been such a wally??? or just me :tear:

xxxxx

kar1

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 6:20pm

you just injected the fluid?

this should be fine, i am assuming you have enough water to do the jab with the powder?

Peppa

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 6:23pm

:hugs: poor Duffy. I'm sure it will be fine - it's only water right?

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 6:36pm

Have spoken to nice consultant. He said I could inject as much saline as I wanted and just to start again. I'll have to get another saline solution tomorrow.....which of course requires me to remember it....and that's clearly not a strong point of mine at the moment :sadface:

Second one hurt too.

I'm fed up now.

xxxx

kar1

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 6:48pm

were you tense when you jabbed as this can make them hurt hun

Duffymoon

Megastar

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 6:58pm

I'm always tense. Tense is my middle name when I'm injecting.

Just want to get to trigger shot now. I'm all jabbed out :sadface:

xxxx

Peppa

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 7:02pm

It's Ros' fault :snigger:

kar1

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 7:03pm

when your tense it will hurt hun, i found that

becks

Reg: Apr 17th 2008

Children: DH has 2 teenage daughters

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 7:41pm

when I was having bad jab days, ice first really helped. xx

Reg: Mar 27th 2008

Children: 2 embies onboard and Mummy to 5 frosties.

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 7:43pm

Aww gentle :hugs:for Duffy! Sounds nasty but at least it's done for the day now hun and each one you jab the nearer you are to your goal! Take care babydust jilly

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 8:12pm

Oh Duffy, it is weird how some really hurt and others don't. I never found the first ones hurt too much during my last IVF or the previous IUISO, just when my legs had had quite a lot of pounding. But this time round they seem to be hurting more already. Maybe the tensing up thing is hitting the mark, all 6 jabs so far have been whilst I'm in a hotel which I don't think has helped.

Put your feet up honey and watch Heroes, I just love it

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 11:26pm

hey - sorry to hear it hurt...

Hope your feeling much better now...

x

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 11:55pm

Oh duffster what have you been up to?? Hope all is pain free now xx

Reg: Oct 2nd 2007

Friday, May 9th 2008, 9:12am

Hey DM,

Silly sod!!! I hope you feel better now??? Must admit I started using ice in this last week, after nearly 12 weeks of injections my poor tummy just couldnt take it anymore, there isnt a space that isnt lumpy or brusied, so tried the ice and it works a treat babes, give it a go.

It'll all be worth it in the end

c
xxx

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, May 9th 2008, 9:17am

Ough... and yes, it is just you!!! :hugs:

twinkletoes

Superstar

Reg: Mar 29th 2008

Children: 1 stepson 1 stepdaughter

Friday, May 9th 2008, 9:28am

I too found that ice helped a great deal, and i never used the same needle to inject myself,one to mix the solution , always a new needle for injecting me with. :smile:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "twinkletoes" (May 9th 2008, 9:30am)

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, May 9th 2008, 10:03am

Quoted

Originally posted by Michelle H
It's Ros' fault :snigger:

Oy, I've just seen this :raspberry:

Seriously though, sorry for making you worry yesterday Duffy - and don't forget to get some more saline today x

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Saturday, May 10th 2008, 7:24am

Duffy - glad the consultant got back to you quickly. Saline is just salt and water. If anyone is on Clexane I've found that if you push the plunger in really slowly it helps a lot with the bruising and you don't feel a thing until after the needle is removed.

Reg: Feb 23rd 2008

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 4:34pm

Any advice for stimms injections

Hi I went for my d/r scan today and was shown by the nurse how to do my injections (stimms). She then gave me the first injection and talked me through what to do. Although dh was there with me I feel completely confused about the whole thing and am sure I will forget what to do when I come to do it myself tomorrow evening. Does anyone have any advice to help me? Thanks.

kar1

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 4:42pm

what stimms are you using?

im off to find my vids

kar1

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 4:44pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=plJ8DRVpSyU

down reg jab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzfYTCDfL0

down reg and stimms jab

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=MyN1sm0

trigger shot

i did these in may 2007 and i will be doing a gestone one soon and can always do more, if it can help some

above is a gestone im jab done using my left hand

above is a gestone im jab using my right hand

gestone

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that Fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 4:48pm

hello and welocme to :FZ:

It can be very stressful starting out and having to do the dreaded injections, you will soon become an expert!! :smile:

I always find it easier to do my injections whilst sitting down, I grab my jelly tummy, (knew it would come in handy one day!!) round about my belly button(must be at least 1 inch away from it) and pop the needle in :happy:.I then let go of the blubber and inject away, remembering to leave the needle in for a min of 10 secs after the syringe is empty or the pen clicks have stopped :P.

I also found that injecting under my belly button seems to result in less bruising, not sure why, maybe because injecting above it is nearer your trouser waist band and therefore it presses and makes the bruise??

Your clinic should beable to give you a leaflet or better still, check out the web, there are video instructions...

http://www.fertilitylifelines.com/serono…nstructions.jsp

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**
You can see how to make up syringe injections too by changing the drug name on the LHS tool bar.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

MM xx

Reg: Oct 26th 2007

Children: One very beautiful daughter!

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 6:22pm

Hi - I used the Puregon Pen and it was just so easy and it was worse thinking about it than actually doing it! I normally did it to the bottom right of my belly button (I did it once on the left and I bruised!). Just stick it in at a 45 degree angle and press the button slow and steady. Leave it in for a few seconds and there ya go!

Easy!

Good luck xx

Reg: Feb 23rd 2008

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 7:19pm

Injections

Hi, I am using menopur.

kar1

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 7:44pm

see my vids above and i hope they will help

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, October 26th 2008, 9:00am

Injections

Hi everybody,

I wonder if there's someone out there who can help.

I'm starting my D/R injections on the 5th of november and have been practicing on oranges.

I need 0.5 ml of Burselin. I can manage to measure it ok, but when I go to inject it there is always some left over in the syringe. That means that I am not injecting 0.5 ml, but I would say 0.4.

Does this mean I have to put 0.6 in the syringe? Or is this happening cos the orange is tougher than skin and full of juice? When I take the syringe out of the orange I can squeeze the leftovers easily out of the syringe.

Thanks-sorry if I sound daft!

Reg: Apr 19th 2008

Sunday, October 26th 2008, 9:28am

RE: Injections

Hi maria72

Im afraid I cant answer your question but if I was you I would call your clinic and ask them?

My hubby gave me my injections so have no experiance of doing it my self :O

good luck

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gemma1" (Oct 26th 2008, 9:28am)

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Sunday, October 26th 2008, 10:07am

Hi Maria, You will always find that there is a little tiny bit left in the syringe. You may find it easier when you start injecting yourself though, cos no matter what they say, injecting an orange is nothing like injecting yourself!

To maximise the amount you get from the syringe into you, insert the needle into your skin as far as it will go, inject slowly, then when you have as much in as you can withdraw the needle a little bit then try the plunger again. Sometimes just giving the needle an 'empty' space to disperse into helps to get those last few tiny drops out. If no more comes out, don't worry. You don't need to draw up any more than the 0.5 into the syringe.

Hope this helps and good luck with it all!

Peppa

Sunday, October 26th 2008, 12:54pm

Like Mrs Smiff said - whatever you do, don't go drawing up more than your 0.5 everyday! It will all go into you so don't worry, just draw up your dose and then make sure you've flicked that air bubble out of the top and you are good to go.

Have a look at Kara's vid on youtube of her injecting which you may find useful Kara's DR'ing jab vid

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Sunday, October 26th 2008, 2:27pm

Good luck Maria, I agree with the other ladies, don't draw up more than 0.5 and then if there is a teeny bit left then it doesn't matter. The fun starts in 10 days, how very exciting! x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, October 26th 2008, 4:21pm

Thank you ladies!

dooey

Star

Reg: Oct 23rd 2008

Children: 2 StepDaughters 18 and 15! and Baby Blair

Monday, October 27th 2008, 10:30am

Tip for Injections

Hi Guys

I am on my first cycle and picked up a tip from someone on here last week.

I am not scared of needles but its not a terribly nice thing to do..

FREEZING the area makes a HUGE difference, last night never felt needle or any of the fluid going in either..

Jxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, October 27th 2008, 4:39pm

I am about to start and am terrified! The freezing seems a good idea. Thanks!

Reg: Feb 3rd 2008

Children: None as yet!!

Monday, October 27th 2008, 6:34pm

:hello:

You could also try pinching a bit of skin between your finger & thumb, I did that on my thigh and it didn't feel too sore!!

:xxx:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 9:20am

That also sounds good. Any more tips welcome as I'm really scared....

Rainy

Star

Reg: May 31st 2008

Children: DS aged 18yr

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 9:32am

Hi Dooey

Im a needle phobic, I was in tears my first night of injections :O
I found a few ways to deal with it.....

1: Get DH to do it
2: If I was forced to do it myself, I pop the TV on, don't think about what im about to do, and watch TV (focus on something else) whilst injecting.

Peppa

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 9:37am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rainy

And if he wont do it, get him to feed you chocolate or ice cream whilst you do :P

Rainy

Star

Reg: May 31st 2008

Children: DS aged 18yr

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 9:50am

Quoted

Originally posted by Michelle

Quoted

Originally posted by Rainy

And if he wont do it, get him to feed you chocolate or ice cream whilst you do :P

Oh Yes Michelle, the pleasure pain methodology :D :yumyum:

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE