You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kurly

• "Kurly" started this thread

Reg: Sep 1st 2007

Tuesday, October 23rd 2007, 7:27am

Clomid & uterine lining

Quoted

Originally posted by Eeyore

Higher doses of Clomid tend to be more associated with less cervical fluid and a thinner uterine lining, than the 50 mg dose and Robitussin can help to reverse this.

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't been on here a while (computer problems at home) .. hope you're all well?

A bit of history to my question .. I was monitored only by a scan on the first Clomid cycle in June which showed a growing follie & a uterine lining of 7.1mm on day 14.
When I went back to my cons at end of Sep after 3 unsuccessful cycles, he increased my Clomid dose from 50mg to 100mg.
He said this was because my uterine lining was a bit thin on the 1st cycle & that the increased dose would help thicken it up... because otherwise even if sperm did meet egg & fertilise, it wouldn't implant successfully..
BUT this seems to be contrary to Eeyore's comment & anything I can find on the internet .. but haven't found what I'd call an official & reliable looking source.

Don't know what your source was Eeyore? Does anyone else have any firm info on whether Clomid thickens or thins the uterine lining & whether increasing the dose increases the thickening/thinning effect?

I am worrying for England .. THANKS

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, October 23rd 2007, 7:59am

My 'source' was my own consultant and my own experience of Clomid ranging from 50mg to 150mg, the lining got thinner each time, just as I was advised it would.

If you do a search on 'clomid' 'thin' 'lining' on google you will find many 'official and reliable' sources...also if you read through the site you will find the experiences of many of the clomid girls.

CLOMID THINS LINING

CLOMID & THIN LINING

http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/forums/a…p/t-333129.html

http://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/2006…your-brain.html

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/WomensHeal…sages/7578.html

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Kurly

Tuesday, October 23rd 2007, 8:10am

Thanks Eeyore for your speedy reply.
I'm really concerned now tho.. what do I do? :( I can't not do what my consultant says, can I ?
I'm so confused ?( You're supposed to be able to trust these people with all the experience & medical knowledge at their disposal .. & yet some of them don't seem to know their arse from their elbow X(
I just don't know what to do .. what would all you ladies do? Any advice would be gratefully received, thanks.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, October 23rd 2007, 8:24am

Is your consultant scanning you again this cycle? One of the biggest concerns about taking Clomid without scans is for exactly this reason, as the only way you will know if your lining is being thinned by the drug is from the scans. I *think* that the stats are 40% of women taking Clomid suffer from decreased mucus and thinning of the lining.

You may be lucky and find that the increased dose doesn't thin your lining further, but you need to know that and only he can check for this :(

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Kurly

Tuesday, October 23rd 2007, 8:11pm

Hi,
Coincidentally the hospital rang me today to arrange my lap & dye op which I was told was the next step back at the time of my Sept appointment. I was told the waiting list was 3-4 months, so I wasn't expecting a date till Dec/Jan, but they've given me a Nov date.

I left a message for the consultant's nurse who rang me back & I queried the suggested link between increased Clomid dose & thickening of the womb lining, she said it was a "bona fide" method that often works... and sounded very sure.

Anyway, then she asked me when I was coming in for my 12-day scan as I'd had my dose increased from 50mg to 100mg and should have one. I said I had nothing booked because they didn't tell me to make an appointment the last time I was in.. the consultant just said I should come in on one of the scans to check I was ovulating, but he preferred it was the last one so I was leaving it till Dec..

Anyway after all that, she gave me a slot tomorrow, my day 13, so I will be able to compare thickness with measurements on 1st 50mg cycle - 6.8mm on day 12 & 7.1mm on Day 14. If it appears thinner I'll ask about oestrogen/progesterone supplements, etc. which I can take to thicken the lining on the next cycle... or maybe about reducing the dose back to 50mg.

I feel REALLY lucky that I had the conversation today & got a scan tomorrow, esp. as I'm going abroad from Thu to Tue, so couldn't have been scanned again at the right stage in my cycle.

Thanks for your help Eeyore

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE