You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rightans" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Sunday, October 21st 2007, 10:32am

Help choosing clinic

[zx037] I am confused between going to ACU Leicester and CARE leic/notts. we had our first icsi at ACU with nhs. Unfortunately it wasnt a success. Now have to go private. Everybody at ACU LRI was nice and had no problems apart from BFN. Care seems to have higher success rate. so greatly inclined to go there. So any advice or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, October 21st 2007, 11:28am

if you swap this could be more expensive as if you stay where you are athey will take all the inital test etc and probably won't charge for a intial appointment

i don't read too much into success rates to be honest sometimes its worth staying somewhere if you and your dh feel comfy with that clinic

nhs self funding is also cheaper as its no profit
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

• "rightans" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Sunday, October 21st 2007, 11:41am

Thanks you Kar1. So if I go to Care will they do all tests again. I was under the impression that we could get our results photocopied from ACU at small fee and take that to private clinic if we decide to go there. But I maybe wrong.
Also, I am willing to spend more money if it would mean a higher chances of success. But I am confused coz if ICSI/IVF is protoclised more or less how come different clinics have different success rates? thinkthink I think patient group would be more or less similar for all clinics.

Mrs M

Star

Reg: Oct 10th 2006

Sunday, October 21st 2007, 11:42am

I agree with Kara - it's about the people a lot for me and feeling comfortable with them and I have absolute faith in my clinic that they're 100% into making this work for me, couldn't be lovelier. Lots of luck xxx

------------------------------
Me 33 DH 40, TTC 7+ yrs, unexplained infertility
3 x ICSI and 3 x natural FET with assisted hatching - all BFN :(
Our treatment journey has now ended

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, October 21st 2007, 11:51am

i too thought that i could take results and some they will take but you will have to pay for an intial appointment

i check this out and they wanted dh to do another sample( his last one was in may !!)

like you i would pay more if i thought it would help but its one of those things that money doesn't buy
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE