You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Alexp

• "Alexp" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "Alexp" started this thread

Reg: Sep 21st 2007

Saturday, September 22nd 2007, 1:23pm

vascectomy reversal

Hi.
My husband had a reversal JAN 06 a 13 years after his vascetomy. They told us that his chances were lower because of this amount of time. But within the year I was pregnant and have been twice since it was done. So just to let you know it does work. It cost us £3800 at Hartlepool reversal clinic with Dr Andrew Dawson. We travelled from Nottingahmshire as they have a very high success rate. It was well wothwhile. We took out a bank loan as we were desperate for out own child. Unfortunately I cannot sustain a pregnancy (lost 5 over the years)

I do not regret paying out this money as it gives hope to others knowing it can be successful for the man to create sperm again.
I watched the Op all the way through, Tony was well out of it with the local they gave him. It was fascinating, a bit like knit one, pearl one ( Im sure I could have done it cheaper, hehe)

The only embarrassing part was when they put his bits back in he started to say " aww thats nice keep doing it"- male Dr hehe. He also told them I also looked good in a nurses outfit - cringe was an understatement. Did I tell him off later.

So for anyone going for this Op there is success

Alex
A A PArsons

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Sunday, September 23rd 2007, 10:51pm

RE: vascectomy reversal

Hi Alex,

thats good news that you dhs reversal worked. So sorry about your losses though. My dh had a reversal 4 years ago which was unsuccessful, we are now considering re-doing the reversal or going for ssr/icsi. Still not sure which one to go for. But think icsi.

take care.

kat x x
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

ravan

Star

Reg: Aug 19th 2007

Tuesday, September 25th 2007, 6:28pm

alexp....thats great.my husband had a reversal that failed 12 years age due to a blockage/scar tissue...and we are just about to go through ivf/icsi again...but we are considering a re reversal...just wondering ..after your success how long did it take for sperm to be present in your hubby :rolleyes:

If that is too personal I wont mind if you dont answer newshy
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
3 fet blast-1 bfp-ectopic
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

ravan

Star

Reg: Aug 19th 2007

Tuesday, September 25th 2007, 6:29pm

that was ment to be 12 years AGO :laugh:
me 37 dh 47
ds1 5/1/94
Tx since '96
3 frech isci-1 bfp(sam)
3 fet blast-1 bfp-ectopic
BFP 17/8/08
Sam born 25/3/09
1 more go at CRGW

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Monday, February 4th 2008, 5:27pm

RE: vascectomy reversal

hi alexp.

I have been doing some research on mr dawson he seems very experienced. If you dont mind me asking how long was it before your dh wnet for the reversal?.
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE