You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 46 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pootle

Megastar

• "Pootle" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, September 15th 2007, 11:19pm

CLOMID - Metformin

Will be upping my clomid to 100 mgs this coming cycle (god help my poor DH......!) and also taking metformin with it. Just looking for any advice re. the metformin really - the effects it had on you, did it help you get your BFP etc?!?!?!

Many thanks.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Saturday, September 15th 2007, 11:34pm

Hi Hun, that is exactually what i was on when I concieved with L. The side effects for me were bloating, a bit of diahorria (sp) and lack of appetite. They didn't last long though only a few weeks, but I was on metformin for about 4 months before that cycle.

I had had 4-5 cycles of 50mg clomid with 1500mg metformin BFN then it was cycle 6 100mg clomid and 1500mg metformin resulted in BFP (I had also lost 2-3stone too).

Jox

Pootle

Megastar

• "Pootle" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, September 16th 2007, 7:29pm

That's cheery Jo, thanks! Maybe it'll do the trick for me too!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Friday, September 21st 2007, 10:45pm

Fingers crossed hun for you hun. xx

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, September 21st 2007, 10:56pm

Clomid and met certainly worked for me, I had been taken clomid for 6 cycles with no ovualtion then was given met and got my first bfp that cycle!

My advise is to take it slow start with half or one a day then slowly build it up to the dose you have been advised to take, watch your carb intake aswell as I was told carbs are hard to break down while taking met this is what can cause an upset stomach.

good luck hun hope it works for you xx

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 46 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE