You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 20th 2010

Children: 1

Friday, September 10th 2010, 10:40pm

Hi Pheobe, sorry you're not too good. The most important advice I can give you is to keep in touch with your clinic at all times if you have ANY concerns at all - this is a once in a lifetime chance for some of us so I think that gives us the right to phone them when we need to. I too had EC on a Wednesday and ET the following Monday - and only started to feel better on the Wednesday after ET. Reassurance on this site helped but physically, I still felt terrible. I think everyone is different so like I said, any worries, call your clinic. I presume they have an out of hours number just in case? Have they told you how many eggs collected etc and if you are at risk of OHSS?

I think my symptoms were just brusing and being poked around up there! The shooting pains up my bottom I think were related to passing/moving wind and bowel movement - past the sensitve areas that had been poked and were probaly a bit swollen. I had ET as planned and the worse thing was having a full bladder, and also some of your follies sometimes fill back up with fluid (but that goes down again - so dont worry)

Try not to worry - I think it is really important to try to relax as stress and worry will make things worse. I hope this has helped - there are plenty of people on here with far more knowledge than me so I'm sure you'll get the help you're looking for. Let me know how you get on and good luck - sending you good growing vibes for your embies!!! xx

Oh, and my stomach was huge! My DP said I looked 3 months pregnant! But that has gone down now!
[zx145] BonBon xxx (TTC 3 years, Male Factor,1st ICSI August 2010, BFP 16th September smile2 )

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 6:56am

Hi Bon Bon, thanks Hun.

I feel it's definitely wind combined with being prodded etc. I sleep loads better, and the clinic could believe I didn't take any paracetamol so i have been taking for the last 12hrs, I guess it's ok, but didn't want to take any drugs through fear for my embies.

I can at least touch my tummy now and breath and move about where it doesn't hurt like it did yesterday. My tummy was just really bloated but the lovely nurse at Bourn was very positive and said most women call with the same thing. I had 13 eggs and at no time was I Told I was at risk of ohss, in fact I didn't know you could get it after EC i learnt a lot yesterday. Several women have had it just want to be good for Monday, I will keep drinking the milk and eat small meals as I am on crinlone and I think this flows your gut down so could be the reason. In the meantime bowel movements ok and thankful I slept even if i woke up early.

Thanks for advice. Did it just ease off every day?

I will follow you in the 2ww area, Goidelic luck first time for me too... X xfingers
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 7:04am

Don't know what happened there but good luck ! X
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Reg: Jul 20th 2010

Children: 1

Saturday, September 11th 2010, 9:30am

Hey Pheobe

WoW! 13 eggs is a fantastic number! I got 7, 4 of which fertilised and 2 went to Blasto so had one blasto put back in (limit in my clinic)

I think it did ease with each day - to be honest, I cant remember. The time has gone so fast - I test on Thursday....eek. Anyway, keep looking after yourself - doing what you're doing, keep in touch with your clinic and drink plenty water.

Fingers crossed for your embies - and all the best Monday. xx
[zx145] BonBon xxx (TTC 3 years, Male Factor,1st ICSI August 2010, BFP 16th September smile2 )

Reg: Jan 26th 2009

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 12:02pm

Hi Ladies,

I do always worry about sticking my nose in posts where people are feeling rotten after e/c and scaring anybody, however,

I felt rotten after e/c, bloated trapped wind huge tender tummy. I was not sick or dreathless at this stage, not for several days. The nurses brushed off how I was feeling as normal, they did not examine, scan or do bloods and sent me off with embies put back feeling a bit silly for having worried. I did infact have the start of OHSS which went on to to develop into full blown severe OHSS (both early and late) and I can't stress enough insist on getting fully checked out if you feel unwell, clinics should not assume you are fine they should check that you are.

Whilst most ladies feeling pants are within normal limits and will be fine some do go onto develop nasty OHSS and it is never worth the risk.
Vas reversal sept 08 - failed
1st ICSI july 09 severe OHSS, pregnancy ended at 12 weeks :bawl:
Nov 09 laparotomy to remove ovary
2010 2nd ICSI low drug dose, 3 eggs, only one embie - :BFN: :tear:
Cant afford more tx :-(

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Tuesday, September 21st 2010, 7:13pm

Hi all,
After going through EC yesterday I was wondering if how I was feeling was normal so have read through some of the posts in here. I'm not feeling awful, just very tender tummy and uncomfortable. I'm passing urine and bowel movements so thats good (I think), I'm only taking paracetamol as I didnt feel in a lot of pain when I left hospital yesterday lunch time but today I have been feeling more uncomfortable than last night. I'm sleeping ok, just waking up to go to the loo or to try to get comfy in bed. I've been wondering around the house as im so bored at home!!! Was hoping to go back to work tomorrow so that I can take time off after ET but am not sure i'll be up to it. Might need another day in bed.

I was wondering, on average, how many days off work people have had after EC? xx

Reg: Sep 19th 2010

Saturday, October 2nd 2010, 6:55pm

Sore boobs after egg collection?

Hi had egg collection yesterday and now 24 hrs on my boobs are killing me??

Is this normal? I get one egg fertilised and am having it put back in on Monday. Start pessaries tonight!! Any guidelines on what to eat and drink after Monday?

Paphoscat

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Sunday, October 3rd 2010, 10:18am

hi there

yes totally normal it will be the HCG from the trigger shot plus all the hormones being releases from your overies. Many ladies including me, get boob pain around ovulation and this is the same bt magnified.

As for eating after just really healthy food, lots of fruit and veg and min2 -3 litres of water a day.

x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

subar

Armenia

Reg: Jan 21st 2009

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 8:57am

After EC pain

Hi all, it has been ages since I posted,

I had Ec on monday 22nd Nov and Et yesterday but I am still VERY sore, I feel really bloated and my stomach is swollen and hard, I am having difficulty moving about because of the pain and am even unable to lie on my side in bed because it is so sore :-( :-( :-(
I just wondered if anyone else has had this, I am worried about my 2 little embies on board. ?o(
The doctor who did the EC is quite brutal and although she only collected 11 eggs I am wondering wtf she did to me during EC :cross:

This is my 3rd ICSI and I have never been this bad before.

Thanks for any help
Sue xxxx
starsmile Sue

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Thursday, November 25th 2010, 9:22am

Hi Sue,

Last ET for me was horrible. I was bloated, felt all tensed up inside and walking was quite difficult, was hobbling around like a granny for about 3 days. I think all my muscles just tensed up, even weeing and pooing was painful.

I think that what you are describing is normal, although much worse than I had. But I would deffo speak to your clinic in case its OHSS, they should have picked up on it when you went in after EC if it was, and probably not likely if you only had a few follies and eggs collected, but better to bbe safe than sorry.

Rest up, and try and get some sleep and prop yourself around with pillows so you can be supported enough to relax without using your tensed up muscles.

Hope it eases soon.

xx
:jilly:
babydust
1st IVF Jan/Feb 2010 - bfn
Adenomyosis diagnosed May 2010
Zoladex Treatment Jul-Sep 2010
2nd IVF November 2010 - BFP!!!
6w One [zx076] seen 23 Dec 2011
10w One Jumping Baby [zx075] seen 22 January 2011
12w6d Laid back Baby [zx075] seen 10 Feb 2011

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, March 4th 2011, 10:20am

Hi everyone.

Had EC on Monday and whilst the bloating etc has gone down now I am having the most agonising stabbing pains right down in my pelvic area, below belly button on right handside. It's absolute agony to go for a wee although urine is normal colour and drinking so much water I am up to the loo every 30 mins!! I have called my clinic but they were quite dismissive of me. I don't want to make a fuss but is this normal?! The pain wakes me up in the night sometimes. I have IBS so wondering if it's a bowel issue - had a really upset stomach on Wed and that's when the pain started.

ET scheduled for tomorrow so I guess I can ask them to check me out then, but just wondered if anyone else had the same pain when trying to pee? It's really bad when you squeeze to try to empty your bladder fully (so sorry, complete TMI :snigger: )

Net x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Children: Yes Please !!

Friday, March 4th 2011, 11:14am

Hi Net

Im not sure I can really advise you but I had EC Wednesday this week and am having ET on Sat too. I dont have loads of pain but am still quite uncomfortable, also I am still bleeding from EC.

Are you bleeding too?

I think most girlies are uncomfortable from EC, then to top it off we have the pessaries too.

Sorry to be personal but have you had a poo? I would call the clinic again and tell them about the pain again and see what they say. Did they give you antibiotics after EC?

NOV/DEC 2010 1st IVF Poor Response to Stimms Converted to IUI :BFN: :bawl:

March 2011 2nd IVF BFN AF Arrived 8dp3dt ;(

3rd & Final IVF May 2011

MY DIARY

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Saturday, March 5th 2011, 2:43pm

Thanks Riddiwoo, went for ET today and they said the pain was due to my ovaries being so swollen they are putting pressure on my bladder and bowel hence the pain, should go down in a week or 2.

Netx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Monday, March 7th 2011, 4:43pm

Yep, unfortunately this is the down side... and it can actually last up to a month and sometimes a little bit longer.

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 12:09am

spotting a few days after EC?

Hi
i had my EC on Wednesday, had quite a few follies, but most were small....ish. had 9 eggs collected.
Anyway since then been feeling quite trender and sore, didnt feel too bad this morning....well friday morning, but then went on to get really uncomfortable and probably worse than i felf after EC. Also after EC i had a bit of bleeding but soon turned to brown blood and stopped. however today (well Friday) had more blood when i wipe thats red???? Any ideas?? advice???
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 7:13am

I had some spotting after my last e/c, however it was more or less straight after the e/c. Sometimes crinone gel can give you a pinkish discharge. I would ring the clinic. Bourn are quite good and a doctor will contact you. Once I had to ring on Christmas day!
Basically ring the emergency number, which is really a call centre. Have your patient number ready. They will ask you questions and your details and then a doctor will contact you. Also being a Saturday you may be lucky enough as people are actually in the clinic. Ring at 8.30 am and if you have no luck then ring the emergency number.
Good luck blowkiss

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Saturday, April 30th 2011, 10:09am

Thanks hun, am about to add a bit more abput my night in my diary
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 6:18pm

hi ladies had ECt today, and was very sick afterwards. due to the fact i had extra painkillers on empty stomach. I'm finally coming around after sleeping all day and ready for some food.

I do feel quite uncomfortable when walking around though, will this start to go soon. The nurses said i would feel period pain feelings but it is more than that. I know its the same day but i'm a worrier.
Oh we got 19 eggs, and no one said anything ohss.
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 6:26pm

Hi Linzi, sorry you are in pain. 19 eggs is quite a lot and I think some pain is normal. If you feel a lot of pain and are actually sick then I would call the clinic emergency number and ask for help. Please do that now. They are paid to look after you, so don't feel bad about phoning.
In the meantime, drink plenty of water.
Take care
:xxx:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 6:30pm

thanks maria, the nurses knew i was sick while at hospital and put it down to drugs.

i have eaten now and feel no sickness, but i think i will still phone them, thanks for the quick advise.
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

Danjo

Reg: Aug 3rd 2012

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 5:42pm

Hi,
Male half of couple here. DW had EC on Monday, was sick as a dog from monday afternoon to tuesday afternoon. Rang clinic on the monday eve, but was basically told I was wasting the nurses time. Rang again mid morning Tues to let them know she couldn't even keep water down, or painkillers. Was told to ring my GP if I was worried (same nurse). Got anti sickness drugs from GP, which didn't work initially, so spoke to clinic again. This time same Nurse rattily told me 'she is not at risk of ohss,so its normal'. Sickness stopped, DW had a better couple of days, but today is very tired, feeling lethargic. 30+ follicles, 15 eggs, 9 ferts, all doing well, so ET supposed to happen tomorrow with Blaster.... feel quite uninformed about this discomfort after EC though.
been reading this forum for a day or two, wish we'd found it sooner.

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 5:56pm

Sorry to hear this. EC is not always nice. I had a hard time myself this time although have been ok previously.
The 30 follicles is a lot and it does take a few days to recover.
I always think it is pretty obvious the nurses have not experienced it! It does sound as if she is recovering now though so good luck for your embryo transfer!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE