You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "openrose21" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "openrose21" started this thread

Reg: Apr 9th 2007

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 10:57am

Trying again what help did you get??

Okay well ive heard from a few friends that some docs help with you trying again for another as far as clomid etc,tracking scans and bloods,but mine said he cant help me with anything fertility issue wise as its not in nhs guidelines. So we had to go private. Can anyone tell me how far they got trying for more children after first without having to go private?

Reg: Jul 4th 2006

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 11:03am

I think its basically if your GP is sympathetic or not. Mine has always been very icy with any ailment never mind fertility issues!

He did fund the first round of blood tests tho and my Clomid but not needed him for anything else.

Susie x

Me 39+3 ok
DH 39 Azoospermia
3xDIUI all BFN
Plan B AI known donor, 4 x BFN :tears:
:BFP: 22 March 2008! happydance :sticky:please

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, July 31st 2007, 11:08am

I have moved this from general fertility to the trying again section

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

crayon

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Monday, August 6th 2007, 10:57pm

Our gp practice was extremely unhelpful when we went there before dd was conceived. We were basically told (by an old male doctor) that our borough doesn't fund fertility treatment. Then he said there was no point in having any tests done as it could damage dh's ego if there was a prob with him, and that successful fertility treatment was a myth. We insisted he sent us for tests at the local hospital anyway.

Understandably we haven't even bothered to talk to them about any funding this time............

Good luck trying again, I hope your GP sees sense!

Crayon
x
IUI 2004 - BFN
IVF 2004 - BFP - daughter born 2005
FET 2006 - BFN
FET 2007 - m/c 5wks
IVF 2007 - BFN
FET 2007 - BFN

ZIG

Ace

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Monday, August 6th 2007, 11:25pm

Crayon - time to change your GP practice! Did you tell him the FZ website address????!!!!! Mind you the old fart probably didn't know what a computer was, bless.

Our local authority will not give any financial help for further fertility assistance, once you have had a child. I have a feeling this is pretty much across the UK unless, as mentioned, you have a sensitive and sympathetic GP.

Zig x
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

dwarf

Star

Children: ds 2yrs

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 1:16am

some health trusts will give clomid and scrape? ovaries. some will do iui. Ring your trust and ask for the guidelines as they change all the time.
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

Binky

Star

Reg: Aug 27th 2006

Children: 1 beautiful Little Girl with help from clomid.

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 9:50am

Hi, Mine gave me 3 clomid and then i'm waiting for a lap and dye to see if I have any further problems and if all is okay then I can have a few cycles of Gonal F injections.

I think it changes from trust to trust and then from Gynae to Gynae.

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 9:57am

Mine was not the most helpful and fobbed me off with Net Dr website to read up on PCOS?! mmmmmm I have had PCOS for 10 years I think I am fairly aware of what it is?? :rolleyes:

Anyway saw a lady GP who was brilliant she referred me back to my cons as she was nervous about giving me clomid again as I didn't have regular AFs and would need to be monitored and have provera ect she also put me in for a scan and bloods ready for my cons to see at the appointment to get the ball rolling. I actually got my BFP 2 weeks before the appointment so didn't get to see him, but I think he would of prescribed me clomid for a 3 further cycles.

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Tuesday, August 7th 2007, 2:04pm

RE: Trying again what help did you get??

Hi there
Im not actually trying again... Im trying for the first time, BUT due to my DH having a DD from his previous marriage i've been told we'll need to fund anything ourselves...Sorry, got told this last week, having had a scan for my clomid... A little late in the day, but there you go...

Ive rang the NHS direct who have opened up a report for me and im waiting for them to come back and see what can be done... Seemingly they get back to you within a day... I think my doctor will be sympathetic but ive always been told you need to be monitored so am unsure what will happen...

I do think its a joke though...

Sorry, rant over...

Good luck for future treatment... Ive got a list of costs for my health area... PM me if you need it...
me 38 DH 45 - unexplained infertility and ttc for 4 years ,Mar 07 -Missed m/c
4 attempts at Clomid - BFN (Jun , Jul, Aug, and Nov 07)

Apr 08 - ICSI - BFN
Oct 08 - ICSI - BFP

Baby boys born on 29-May-09

• "emilyelson" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: i have a 2 year old and a three year old

Wednesday, February 27th 2008, 2:43pm

Hi i have two children, and a year after trying to concieve my third child i went to see my gp he referred me to a gynocologist and things started off quickly they done the blood tests and sperm tests but i have only just recieved my appointment for my lap and die for next month we have now been trying to concieve for two years, its very frustrating i got up evry morning waiting for the postman to see if he had my appointment for nearly a year.

Best Wishes jilly
Emma
:dust:
:xxx3:

:angel2:

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Saturday, March 8th 2008, 6:01pm

Glad to find this thread. DH and I have an appointment on Friday with the doctor to discuss what happens now. We have been ttc no2 for 6 months in the hope of a natural miracle. My son is the result of icsi but we cant afford to do more ivf. I know we are not entitled to further ivf (even though we paid for our cycles and have had nothing from the nhs) - would i be entitled to anything such as iui? Our problem is male factor.

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Sunday, March 9th 2008, 6:53am

Mine was wonderful but I am not sure if she is in the wrong or not. She said we could have a go on the NHS if we wanted (not having to travel abroad for treatment)
I told her that we would probably not be entitled due to husbands old age and she said that if she felt that our family would benefit from an addition then she would put us through.
She also asked how I felt about it all and introduced the idea of adoption.
We already use donor sperm so adoption is not too far away from the current situation.

We chose to continue with our existing clinic since we had 10 straws of sperm put aside for us...

GP did fund all the drugs for this ICSI and the last FET cycle even though we had it privately and abroad and that we are trying for our second child...
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Torisen" (Mar 9th 2008, 6:54am)

8868dee

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: DD1 17 yrs and DD2 4 years x they are both my everything xxx love my girls soo much xx

What's Up?
New cycle start Feb/ March fingers crossed

Friday, March 28th 2008, 12:31pm

hi girls :happy:

weve been ttc for 2 yrs now (dd is 7yrs now conceived naturally) and i originally went to family planning nurse and month after month she told me to continue to bbt chart then after 4 mths i had enough :sadface:

so i went to my doctor who said they dont start tests until ttc 2 yrs (at the time we'd ttc 20 mths)
anyway as i knew my doc all my life i insisted and he sent me for progesterone test and dh for sperm test which was ok then he reffered me to hospital and week later i had appointment now i had appointment and gotta have hsg nextt week

my doc is great but family planning nurse clearly didnt have a clue as neither doc or hospital asked for my bbt chart but kept it anyway

hope this helps
tc de

:xxx3:
:goodluck:

De:34 DH:36
DD1: 17yrs - Natural
DD2: 4 yrs - FET #3
DH: Super-Sperm | ME: No Fallopian Tubes
June 2011 Ruptured Ectopic (tubes removed)

8 Cycles IVF ( 4 X Fresh / 4 X Natural FET)
2 X Miscarriages (11+9 weeks) ;(
1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(
1 x Rainbow Baby Girl (05/14) : D

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, March 28th 2008, 1:39pm

Dee - what is this in reply to?

Would you like me to help you with how to use the site?

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

8868dee

United Kingdom

Children: DD1 17 yrs and DD2 4 years x they are both my everything xxx love my girls soo much xx

What's Up?

Friday, March 28th 2008, 2:08pm

RE: reply

hi eeyore :happy:

its a reply to 'trying again what help did you get' but i accidentally posted it as a thread
and i thought that by me putting my hsg blocked fallopian tube question in loads of
areas that more answers i would get

but i didnt need to do that :snigger:silly of me eh

tc
dee

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "8868dee" (Mar 28th 2008, 2:10pm)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, March 28th 2008, 2:15pm

I have merged them together for you.

NEWBIES - AN INTRODUCTION

Take a few minutes to read through this thread, it covers all of the basics of the site and should help!

8868dee

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, March 28th 2008, 2:36pm

eeyore :happy:
thanks a lot really appreciate it but the link for the search bit is keep saying url is invalid
u might wanna take a look at it
thanks de

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, March 28th 2008, 2:39pm

Works fine this end, on two different pc's so you might want to take a look at your settings, or go into the newbies section and scroll down to 'newbies an introduction' or type 'introduction' into the search engine and search in titles

8868dee

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, March 28th 2008, 2:45pm

re;reply

eeyore :yumyum:

ok thanks will do
weird huh the other links ok

tc de

1 X Cancelled Cycle ;(
4 X BFN ;(

xxRachxx

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Children: DD 13, DD 4

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 10:02am

So if you have had children before then its just pot luck on whether they decide to help you or not.

I am ttc #3 have a dd from prev relationship and dd with Dh, dh also has 2 children from prev relationship.
We found that seeing a male gp was of no help, just fobbing us off all the time, i explained there must be something not quite right as i fell straight away without really trying with my last 2 pregnancies. So i decided we would see the lady gp. She was very sympathetic and helpful, as we had already had some tests, she explained what they all ment and went through everything. I also have trouble with my bleeding i can have AF she will go after 5 days then reappear after 2 days for another 3-5 days which is not right but male gp just said it will sort itself out!!!
Lady gp referred me to gyn straight away and that problem is now being treated.
I have just had my routine tests for fertility clinic swabs and rubella before they will see me so am now waiting.
I am just worried i will go see them and they will just laugh us off as we already have children.
:bawl:
TTC#3 since March 07
Unexplained Secondary Infertility
Next Step Egg Share/ICSI
5/4/11 - bloods taken (karyotype/cystic fibrosis etc)

Torisen

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 11:52am

Rach, I understand your worry, got the same one now!

My GP is doing all the initial bloods for us (did the 21 day bloods) which by the way were bad since I ovulated on day 26 or so... but she told me to have the day 3 bloods too whenever period arrives.
She refered me to the fertility clinic at the local hospital so well see what they will do for us.
I think I would have to pay for any eventual clinical stuff but hoping that GP will still fund the drugs...
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: 1 Son Born 2004

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 12:22pm

Rachel

I'm ttc no.2 we had investigations etc done on the NHS (at the local fertility clinic) this time and also 6 attempts at chlomid (but I'm not sure if the chlomid was only paid for because I'm in Wales). We've had to pay for private treatment following that which was straight to ICSI in my case. Noone should laugh at you for wanting another child. Good luck
First ICSI August 2007 :BFN:
Second ICSI April 2008 :BFN:

xxRachxx

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Children: DD 13, DD 4

Tuesday, April 15th 2008, 5:46pm

Torisen - i hope your appt at the hospital goes well, i will update you all when i have gone to mine too.
Erik1 - thanx for the info and
Good luck only 8 days to go xxx
TTC#3 since March 07
Unexplained Secondary Infertility
Next Step Egg Share/ICSI
5/4/11 - bloods taken (karyotype/cystic fibrosis etc)

Reg: May 8th 2008

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 11:22am

Hi to all, I am new here and was wondering if anyone was turned away from clomid because of their weight? I am a mum of two girls both concieved naturally and cncieved my second daughter within two yrs i have been trying with my husband for three yrs this year with no luck and four yrs with my girls father. We split due to his abusive behavior. I booked an appointment with my GP who ran some blood work and told me i am not reaching my highest level fertile point (basiclley he said i was not ovulating properly) so he sent me to St bartholomew's hospital for repoductive medicine but in the meantime i have a scan that showed i had pcos when my appointment at the fertility clinic came round i showed her the letter and the first thing she said was "you don't have pcos your obese that's why you cannot fall pregnant so i'm not going to give you any pills" and tha was it my appointment was over!. For 5ft 8inches and 15 stone i'm overwight yes but not obese. Anyway i managed to get to london on the understanding i got my bmi down to 32 which i did and they still turned me away could anyone plz shed some light on why they wouldn't give me any clomid after losing the weight they asked me too. I just want to know if anyone has been to that hospital and been given the same humiliation and false hope that i had?
mjthorpe

Torisen

Thursday, May 8th 2008, 12:31pm

Michelle, I am sorry that you had to experience this.

My BMI is quite low so it has never been an issue for me. Just need help for other reasons.

My hospital appointment was wonderful. I got my HSG done within 3 weeks and got a followup coming up in a week or two.
The consultant was very understanding and told us that he would try to help us as much as possible and that he completely understood why we want to do bits of the treatment at another clinic privately...

So it seems like I might start the IUI pretty soon!!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE