You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 29 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "x5ammiebabyx" started this thread

Reg: May 18th 2007

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 2:54pm

Lack of CM

Hi fellow Clomid Chicks

Right i have a little problem

Since using Clomid ive noticed my CM is dry which i understand is a known side effect
Would i be correct in saying that without CM is makes concieving difficult??

I know all you couples use pre-seed to help you
But were using a sperm donor so dont think pre-seed will help us much
Any other ideas on how we can get round this problem?
Ive been adviced to drink more water as that cvould help but my stomach sounds like a water bottle whenever i move now which isnt really comfortable LOL

Someone please help

Im currently on day 4 of cycle (day2 of Clomid)

May-October-Clomid 100mg 3-7 :BFN:
November-Clomid 150mg 3-7 :BFP:
Miscarried Our Little Angel at 9+5 baby5
Clomid 50mg August 2009

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 3:02pm

Have you heard of taking Robitussin cough syrup?

Robitussin works on the cervical mucus and increases your chances of getting pregnant. Robitussin is a popular brand of cough syrup and it might be surprising to consider its relation with fertility. But the fact is that this expectorant is used to loosen and thin cervical mucus too. Robitussin is only a specific brand and any expectorant that contains guaifenesin as the only active ingredient can be used in its place. Generic versions are most likely available as well. Be sure to carefully inspect the ingredients list to make sure the ONLY active ingredient as guaifenesin. Any other ingredients can diminish the effect you are looking for.

The recommended dose for improving cervical mucus is two teaspoons (200 mg) taken orally three times per day. If mucus still appears thick, you can take as the maximum dosage as listed on the label of the cough medicine. Water intake should be increased to encourage cervical mucus production and a full glass should take with each dose of guaifenesin.

If you re taking Clomid (clomiphene citrate, Serophene) as an ovulation inductor, it may help to know that it can cause hostile mucus in 30 percent or more of women using it. Higher doses of Clomid tend to be more associated with less cervical fluid and a thinner uterine lining, than the 50 mg dose and Robitussin can help to reverse this.

Most doctors suggest taking Robitussin five days before and including the day of ovulation for a total of 6 days during your cycle.This helps provide the optimal environment to help the sperm survive and get to where they need to go.If you take Clomid, waiting until the day after the last Clomid pill is taken before starting Robitussin is suggested.

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 3:41pm

Thanks Eeyore
Is Robitussin readily avaliable over the counter?
If i just ask for Robitussin in a chemist will they know what im looking for?

Ive just searched the net for information on where to buy it
theres a few different types of syrup
some for dry cough, some for chesty cough
some with congestion

which is best or doesnt it matter??

also is your dosage correct? ive just looked at it on www.boots.com and the dosage on there is 10ml 3-4 times a day

Clomid 50mg August 2009

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "x5ammiebabyx" (Jul 15th 2007, 4:00pm)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 4:09pm

Hi,

Yes, it's two teaspoons three times a day but you can go up to four teaspoons four times a day max.

Have a look here http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/cm.html It doesn't have to be Robitussin, although it is readily available, as long as the main ingredient is guaifeneisen.

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Sunday, July 15th 2007, 4:12pm

Ok thanks again Eeyore

ill get some from Boots tomorrow, but it doesnt matter what type it is (dry, chesty cough?)

yes i read those questions when i was searching Robitussin earlier

thanks again

Clomid 50mg August 2009

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 29 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE