You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Thursday, May 20th 2010, 11:24pm

Cathy and Maria, thanks for checking up on me. Scan went great, 6 good size follies and a few smaller, absolutely thrilled with that. Scan again on Mon and EC hopefully Wed. It's funny that 6 is an amazing number...being a poor responder!

Thanks again girls, I'll let you know how Mon goes..xx

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Friday, May 21st 2010, 6:59am

Congratulations, Kimby! That's great news! Looks like you'll have more by EC too :cuddle! Wishing you lots of luck with the treatment, Cathy xxx
Cathy

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 7:21am

Well done Kimby! Keep up the PMA babydust

Kimby

Saturday, May 22nd 2010, 11:53am

:thanx: Cathy and Maria...xx

Reg: Jul 15th 2009

Children: one perfect little girl

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 8:59pm

Day 5 of stimms - poor response

Hiya
i've just had my scan after starting stims last friday. so it was day 5 after stims scan and there was no follies yet. i've been taking 150IU of menapur daily that has now been increased to 225IU and i'm having another scan on saturday to see if the increase in dose has worked. i'm feeling a little negative about it and just wondered if anyone has been in my situation and an increase in dose has worked. i'd be devastated if they have to abandon the cycle... or should i not worry about that yet. is there time for my follies to develop yet? i'm not sure what the maximum dose for menapur would be and for how long if there's no follies at the next scan.

i've done everything right that i should have done and i feel reallu let down that my body hasn't responded to the meds.

if anyone can please advise i would be really grateful

1st ICSI :BFN: ;(
2nd ICSI :BFP: happydance

Kimby

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 9:50pm

Hi there BooBoo, yes it is too early to think about abandoning this cycle. It is amazing how much things can change in a few days. I'm sure with the increase of Menopur you will see a difference on Saturday. Are you sure they didn'n mean the follies were small hun? As for the max dose of Menopur..I was on 300 and 300 Gonal F together. (I'm 40 though!) so obviously things can't be too bad for you hun. Also you know they say the less follies the better the egg quality. Lots of luck for Saturday, let us know how you get on. xx

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 10:06pm

Hi Kimby,

thanks for your advice hun. i was just having a mad worry! its my 1st ICSI cycle and under responding hadn't even crossed my mind., i didn't realise it happened!! so maybe the higher dose may see an improvement? i've just been assuming the worse all day cos the nurse said she couldn't see any follies yet so i assume there was non. i'm sat at the moment with a warm hot water bottle on my tummy and i've been drinking lots of milk and eating brazil nuts :snigger: anything that might help i'll try!!

thanks again hun for your help. x x

Sunday, June 27th 2010, 12:02am

Hi kimby,

thanks for your help before. i went for my scan today and there has been an improvement with the increase in dose. i now have 12 follies and have to go back tuesday to arrange EC. thanks again, i was in such a panic on wednesday cos i just didn't expect not to respond with all the worry about OHSS, having to up my stimming dose just did not cross my mind. i really appreciated your help x x x

Kimby

Sunday, June 27th 2010, 11:47am

Thats great news BooBoo, 12 follies is fab. So your EC will be sometime next week? Lots of luck hun, hope they gets lots of good eggs. xx

Reg: Aug 9th 2009

Children: None, M/C Nov 08; M/C May 09; M/C June 10

Tuesday, November 30th 2010, 6:57pm

Just had my first IVF cycle cancelled due to poor response. Was on 450 Menopur; 200 Suprecur and 5mg Prednisolone twice daily. Only got 2 follicles by day 10, one 17.5mm and one 12mm.

My question is, what does this mean for future IVF? Will I stimm different next time, are there other medicines they can use? Am 39 with low AMH (3.76) and high FSH (9.9)

Any advice would be grateful. Am beginning to feel like I'm a hopeless case and that I should just accept this is how it is and give up.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 30th 2010, 7:34pm

Just had my first IVF cycle cancelled due to poor response. Was on 450 Menopur; 200 Suprecur and 5mg Prednisolone twice daily. Only got 2 follicles by day 10, one 17.5mm and one 12mm.

My question is, what does this mean for future IVF? Will I stimm different next time, are there other medicines they can use? Am 39 with low AMH (3.76) and high FSH (9.9)

Any advice would be grateful. Am beginning to feel like I'm a hopeless case and that I should just accept this is how it is and give up.

Oh honey I feel your pain. (See my last entry in sig)
I am going on the short protocol next time which is great for ladies like us. Have a look at the threads. x

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Tuesday, November 30th 2010, 10:34pm

that was on short protocol Taxihome...... ho hummm.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 2:47pm

Hun we all react differently each cycle.
Have a chat with your Consultant Hon.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 5:30pm

Hi Diaemus

I was on the same protocol as you this time 450 menopur 0.5 suprecur (buserilin) and steroids (dexamethasone this time) as well as oestrodal valereate and that was all preceeded by ovarian priming with HRT the month before. My AMH is about 9 (could be lower now though as it was tested over 18mths ago) and my fsh was only 5.

But I still had a poor response. By day 5 I had 11 tiny follies (looked promising!), but by day 8 I had 4 small ones and they were talking about cancelling. At this point my con changed me from buserilin to cetrotide and I seemed to make a bit of progress. He actually sat and scratched his head in bewilderment at why I wasn't responding initially.

I did speak to him about my concerns re: buserilin before I started tx, but he said *theory* this protocol should work quite well for poor responders. But not for everyone. So I was very pleased he took a different direction half way through. I'm now scheduled for EC on Sat.

What I'm trying to say is, one size doesn't fit all and next cycle you might have a COMPLETELY different response to this "flare" protocol. But be informed and perhaps ask if this is something they would consider.

My best ever response was my last cycle where I did ovarian priming the month before (with cyclo-progynova), 4 amps of menopur (300) and cetrotide and 20mg of prednisolone.

Please don't give up. You just need to find what works for you, and the short protocol is defintely the kinder way for us low responders.

I don't want to waffle for too long, so PM me for a bigger chat.

(Have you had any of the immune tests done yet hun?)

:xxx:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Friday, December 3rd 2010, 2:47pm

thanks chatterbox. I got the forms but we thought we'd try the first of the ivf cycles before going to ARGC. Hubbie and I are going to discuss it this weekend and I think we're going to send the forms off.
The grapevine has told me that the clinic we use has lost the nhs contract from April next year so I don't know what will happen from then. It's just one extra stress we don't need. To top it all off my Dad has just told me "you're not very maternal then" when I said we'd discussed having a cut off point after which we didn't go for any more treatment. I knew there was a reason I wasn't telling my family we were going through this!! When i told my Mum the cycle has been cancelled she said "that's not what I wanted to hear". I'm so glad for FZ, it's nice to know there are people out there who understand what you're going through and makes it all feel less lonely.
Going to go make a hot choccie and sit in front of the fire watching a golden oldie of some sort........... and I don't mean dickinson with his orange tan lol.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, December 3rd 2010, 4:21pm

Diaemus - That was a bit insensitive of your Daddy. I am sure he didnt mean it as such.

This whole process is fooking horrid to be fair & I agree with you on having a cut off. Otherwise we would all have a hundred cycles & be homeless. There is only so much our body & a clinic will do. Its a physical & emotoinal rollercoaster the will only end in happiness if you do get the BFP in the end. Then you can sit back & say it was all worth it. I have heard of ladies having up to 10 cycles then getting a BFP and some have the 1 cycle & get their dream. Others have yet to get theirs & are on cycles no 2 and up. It is such an emotional trek all through the unknown. Each bloody stage has its thorn buses & nettles that you have to wade through. For many it will be worth it at the end though. That is something we have to cling too but you & your partner have every right to decide when enough will be enough.
I wish you luck on your journey my lovely I really do & I hope you pop back here with some good news very soon. x

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Friday, December 3rd 2010, 9:44pm

thanks Taxi. Lots of babydust to all of on this journey. As far as my Dad......... yep he meant it. He's a class one a$$hole the majority of the time but that's a different story. lol.

Anyhow, hubbie is now home for the weekend so life is rosy again. Have a brill weekend everyone.

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 23rd 2010

Children: Crazy Jake!

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 11:15pm

Was just wondering, does anyone know when to expect AF after an abandoned cycle that wasn't converted to anything, just left to tail off. I would have thought that I would ovulate naturally when I stopped the buserelin, so last Friday/Saturday and then she would appear about 12 days later (I have 28 day cycles). It's just I think she is on her way, which would mean I ovulated 12 days ago, right in the middle of stimms!
I'M CONFUSED!!!!!
I didn't want her to come til next week cos it looks like I can restart with my first bleed. Now Ive got to wait a whole more 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!
Xxx

Me - 33, PCO, high FSH

DF - 37, multiple [zx151] problems

TTC - 5yrs,

ICSI Nov 2010 abandoned, poor response

ICSI Feb 2011 - :BFP: woohoo

11/10/11 bab22 born at 36w with extreme cardiac failure & hydrops
"a true miracle baby"

SultrySapphire's Diary

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Friday, December 17th 2010, 2:46pm

We start AF 14 days after ovulation. I'm assuming if you were allowed to "tail off" you can't be exactly sure when you ovulated as it wouldn't have been an instant thing when you stopped buserilin. I think you can expect to maybe be up to a week later than normal hun...

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, December 17th 2010, 5:10pm

Sorry SS I cant help. I have a 25 day cycle & I am sure I ovulate before 14 days anyhoo. I reckon I am more 11-13 days after AF.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 2:16pm

Hi girls.
Wisdom needed please.
It looks like pants for this cycle too. It is SP.

I Ovulate on day 7/8 of my cycle. Just found out in this cycle of ICSI t(well similar thing happened last TX egg there after 2 weeks DR) that I ovulate on day 7/8 of my cycle. I am on day 1 & there is an egg there already
This may well mess everything up for TX. I cant take the clomid as that will just feed the egg there already apparently & have just moved straight on to stims for day 6.
As I am on short protocol I will be lucky to get anything. I could scream the house down.
What are my chances of geting anything without clomid ladies.

PS last TX Long protocol, 6 eggs but only 2 viable for use.

Thanks girls.

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 11:44am

HI Taxihome what happened? Did they manage to regulate your cycle?

I've only stimmed one follicle this cycle and they're going to do ec anyway on mon. I know it is a long shot but ho hum. Although this is technically my first nhs go 'cause the first was cancelled (I'm allowed 2), they've said that due to my poor response to meds they won't offer me another go. You always know when it's bad news at a Drs 'cause they all start being especially nice to you. We're gonna chat to ARGC but not sure there's any point if I'm not going to stimm enough follicles.
TTC 14yrs
Clomid x 6 BFN's
4 BFPs m/c's
2x IVF - poor response
NK CD19+/CD5+
Immune IVF -ve
Immune IVF +ve, m/c
3/16Hashimotos''s and peri-menopausal

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 29th 2011, 1:40pm

Hey Diameus

Sorry to hear this honey but like they all say. You only need 1 egg bub. I wish you all the luck in the world.

I had a beter cycle. Higher stimms - SP - 12 eggs, 6 mature, 3 fertilised & I am currently PUPO with 2 3day embies.
So I still suffer the immature eggs of 50% but a better result.

I would chat to ARGC honey. You have nothing to lose honey. Let me know how you get on xxxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 10:58pm

I've got everything crossed for you. When's the test date?

Yeah, feeling more positive today. :o)
TTC 14yrs
Clomid x 6 BFN's
4 BFPs m/c's
2x IVF - poor response
NK CD19+/CD5+
Immune IVF -ve
Immune IVF +ve, m/c
3/16Hashimotos''s and peri-menopausal

taxihome

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 30th 2011, 11:01pm