You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Andypink" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 9:40pm

TTC after C section caesarean

I am 'thinking' about trying again.

As many of you know I had my ovaries drilled after no joy with clomid - it worked.

My consultant said that 1 of 3 things would happen: I'll be cured, I'll have window of time where I would be able to conceive before the holes close up, or I'll need them drilled again.

If I have a window of time, then should I wait?
My 2 issues with 'going for it' are - I've had a c section, does my body really need a year to get over it? and is it really v hard having 2 little ones under 2, if god-willing I should get PG.

should this be in a trying-again diary?

I'm just thinking aloud really, but it is good to think aloud where there are ears.....

love Andrea
xx
PCOS. Ovarian drilling October 2005
Amazing BFP January 2006!!!!!!!!!!
2nd BFP natural!!!! - due Dec 2008!

[/url[url=http://tickers.families.com]

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 9:52pm

Sweatheart, it is always a good idea to wait at least 1 year between pregnancies whether you have had a c-section or not, but I would think esp if you have had one. Your body needs time to replenish the stores it used up growing Amelie as well as the stores you are/may be using if you are going the breast-feeding route.

Drilling is seldom, if ever, a permanent cure. I was told it is usually only effective for 6-12 months after the surgery (in some articles on I've read on the net they say 3-6 months) which means that you are already past that "window".

I have no experience caring for 2 under 2's, but in my mind I can only imagine the hardship of two babes in nappies. Others will probably tell you how wonderful or difficult it is in truth as I know we have a few ladies here in that situation and I am not talking about the twin mums only. :D

In the end, it will be your decision with your DH no matter what others (including myself) may say as only you can decide what you can cope with...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 9:52pm

Hi hun, i'm not sure about the wait after a c-section. I would think that it is up to you and how you feel. Do you feel ready for another baby? Do you think you would cope? Do you feel well now? Only you can answer the questions, i am ready for another baby and that would mean 3 under 3!! I'm sure you adapt like anything else, lets face facts we have all struggled to get a first PG so the chances are we struggle again, my thoughts are why waste time, but then again we have not used any form of contraception since s and b have been born!!! xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 9:54pm

Hi, I had a c-section and was told to wait at least a year, preferably 18 months before trying again.

Thank goodness I only waited 12 months though otherwise it would have been even longer before I found out it was going to be easy achieving a second pregnancy!

Good luck with making your decision.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 9:58pm

Oh how disappointing that the window is so short.

Rene - i am still BF.

I wonder if anyone knows of anyone who has managed to get pregnant for a 2nd time after the original lot of drilling?
x

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 10:42pm

hi andypink

lovely to hear from you

i was wondering how you were.

sorry i cant give you any advice i was told the drilling lasted 6 months to a year

did you fall just from the drilling alone if you dont mind me asking

take care
love zoexx
me 31 dh 30
me severe pcos
iui dd born 25weeks gestation
6 failed stimmed iui cycles since may 2007

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 10:59pm

Andrea - I didnt have drilling, but did have endo removed during my c-section and was told I have about 1-2 years tops before it comes back.

I had a c-section in February 2006. In November 2006 we had (unprotected) sex. We had gone out and bought a box of condoms as I thought I *should* wait a year after a c-section. But heck, we were drunk and it was pretty much the first time I had had sex since many months before the birth. I honestly didnt expect anything because it had taken almost 7 years to give birth to DS.

Oops :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can honestly report that nothing untoward has happened during this pregnancy that has anything to do with the c-section scar. Yes, I am having trouble now with premature labour but that is because of an irritable uterus for which there is no known reason. The doctors are trying to keep me pregnant as long as possible so I can get as close to term as possible, and also they want (THEY want!) me to try and have a vaginal delivery as they currently dont see any reason not to have one. The only thing they wont do, they have told me, is to induce me as that would potentially cause complications - apparantly the stronger contractions during induction can cause the scars to tear and that can lead to a hysterectomy in the worst case.

So, looks like we will soon be getting 2 under 2s! Not planned, but a joy. Can't tell you what it is going to be like once #2 arrives (probably total chaos & destruction!) but in some ways I'm really looking forward to it. DS is now 17 months, and a total joy, except when having major tantrums. But the tantrums are soooooo funny that I find it hard to get annoyed with him. They are just so obvious and so transient. "I want that sharp glass thing out of my reach". "I cant have it?!" "WHAT?!" "waaaaaaah" "oh look blue plastic ball......" "giggle".... :rolleyes:

The last few weeks as I have got big have been hard work, but that is true of any pregnancy. You just have to adjust and rely more on DH and your support network (if you're lucky enough to have family close by). And you have to learn to rely on them more - I'm a total control freak so this was one of the hardest things for me to do.

Ultimately, this pregnancy wasnt planned (although we did want a second child) but we are both very glad (if still a little shocked that it is actually happening!) and wouldnt change the timing for the world. We are both nervous about the next 6+ months as newborns *are* hard work, but... also realy looking forward to having two boys of a similar age (18 months apart) playing together - although I doubt our two cats will see it that way :D

Friday, July 6th 2007, 12:43pm

Sunshine - thank you for that, lovely to read such a positive account.... Are you planning a VBAC?

Zoe - yes it was only drilling, although I was on metformin, but no idea if that helped. I had had 3 tries at clomid and didn't even ovulate.
xx

Friday, July 6th 2007, 1:29pm

andy - sorry - was that not said? yes, am planning VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) - doctors (yes, doctors) want me to go for it!

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, July 6th 2007, 1:35pm

i was told to wait a yr....started trying again after 6 months and it took me 4 yrs to get and stay pg again.... i would go with how you feel hunny, i know someone who got pg only 4/5 months after a section and was fine...but everyone is different.

a yr is a good gap, amelie is 9 months....you could start trying on moth 11 and see what happens, i always think it is better to imagin you WILL have problems that way we can get on with a plan of action sooner rather than later...i know 2 under 2 might be a handful at first but how wonderful would it be to have them so close together.......that might just be my opinion cos it has taken so long for me and i will have a 5 yr gap.

ill stop waffling now lol!

good luck with what ever you decide hun

and it is nice to see you back

love kxxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Monday, July 23rd 2007, 10:39pm

Hi Andypink, Speaking form experience I would say start trying as soon as you feel that your body is feeling well again. Some people take much longer to get over C sections than others. As for having 2 children close together in age? Brilliant! when I had my 3rd son, the last thing on my mind was having another child. But when Harley was about 8 months old, and I was feeling tired, sick, etc I went to the doc and lo and behold....5 months pregnant! I was so stunned, I didn't even remember having sex for a start so how the hell could I be pregant? Once the news sank in I was thrilled and when my suprise 4th child turned out to be my first baby girl I was just over the moon. Harley was fantatstic with her, and so gentle considering he was a brute of a baby. I had no problems at all with them and as I was still in baby mode it wasn't difficult to adapt things for 2 babies rather than one. Harley and Alex are now 10 and 9 and best friends. It is lovely seeing them getting up to mischief together. They have a relationship unlike my other 2 boys. The eldest 2 are 3 years apart, and in different worlds.

I would say that as having a baby has proved so difficult to you this far, I would get on with it and not let the grass grow under my feet! Your baby is now 9 months, and lets face it, if you start tryng now, she isn't going to be far off that magical 1 year old by the time your body even thinks about letting you get pregnant!

Good luck whatever you decide!
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Friday, February 15th 2008, 11:06pm

rules re pg after c-section

OK...so I know it's advisable to wait a year before falling pg again after a section. Does anyone know if clinics follow this rule. Basically A is 6 months old and I'm thinking about when etc we could try a FET with our frozen embies.
Will they say come back in xx months etc... or let ud decide when we want to go ahead.
I'm not planning anything now but would like to get my head sorted for a future try if that makes sense.
I'm 36 now and off meds until we try again, so the timing's a big issue for me really.

Please move this post if I've stuck it in the wrong place :8o:

Caz x

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cazzmo" (Feb 15th 2008, 11:06pm)

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 8:30am

Hi caz

You would think there would be a time scale due to the skin and scar needing time to mend and become strong enough to hold. But I wasnt told of any time frame.
Te only thing mentioned was that I could sill have natrual delivery next time (if)
Good question i wouldnt have even thought about it x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 10:23am

I can't advise either, seeing as I haven't had a c-section with either of mine. However, I would say that it took my body the best part of a year to get properly better. I didn't realise it at the time my child was 6 months, 8 months, etc that my body still had some way to go. It was only when the child was one that I realised how much more strength and tone my body had.

For mine, I started an FET cycle when my DS was 1.

I'm sure someone with experience and knowledge of c-sections will be along soon.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Pootle

Megastar

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 12:57pm

Hello! I had a c-section and we were advised to wait at least a year.

Good luck!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 8:35pm

Thanks Ladies
Will wait until he's a year although I may phone the clinic to make an appoitnment for the day after. 6 months more without meds though is a big ask... but hopefully worth it

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 9:32pm

I would normally recommend a gap of a absolute minimum of 12 months before considering pregnancy again folowing a cs, ideally 2 years. This would allow your scar to heal fully and give you the best possible chabce of having a normal delivery next time.
I'm not sure whether or not Assisted conception units would have any policy on this though.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 10:47am

Thanks hunni
To be honest I'm kinda hoping for a c-section next time as I had a crap time having A, I overestimated how well I felt ( arthritis wise ) and got into trouble really before anything had even started.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 12:13pm

erm, well you know that a normal pregnancy takes 9 months right?! :snigger:

well.... at 6 months even if you conceive tomorrow, you will still have 15 months between deliveries ;)

I conceived #2 9 months after I delivered #1 by c-sec. #2 was also a c-sec, but this was due to a ruptured placenta and premature labour than because of the c-section.

However..... I have been told that I should wait 2 years between #2 and a third because of the damage to my uterus now. Although, we're content and actually dont want a third so it is not an issue.

One thing to truly consider though, is just how close you want your kids to be? We didnt expect to conceive naturally so we didnt take any precautions, and love DS#2 to pieces, but we wouldnt have planned it that way.

It is really really really hard having 2 under 2 years old when they are different ages and have different needs, and being pregnant with a 1-2yr old needing a lot of lifting & attention is exhausting.

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 6:05pm

Thanks Sun - that's what I mean... if I conceived tomorrow then it'd be over a year and there'd be a nice enough gap. But as we need a FET to get pg then it's a differnet ballgame. To be honest the gap doesn't bother me so much as as soon as number 2 is here I am back on tabs and will be bionic 8).
I know it's demanding ( my friend has 3 under 3's ) but I don't have time on my side being 37 this year.
I think the fact that I healed so well adn was up and about the next day makes me thinking the necessary wait doesn't apply to me :whoops:

Thanks for listening all

Cazx

Monday, February 18th 2008, 12:30pm

well, the 2nd c-section hurts waaaaaaaay more than the first

saying that, in my hospital they only gave me paracetamol afterwards! :8o:

but..... the recovery was a lot lot lot quicker than the first! ?(

Monday, February 18th 2008, 7:00pm

Just paracetemo :8o:....the midwife came to see us the day after we got out...said right have you got your meds pack? we were like nooo, what meds pack ?(.. they'd discharged me with no painkillers or antibiotic stuff. she said they do that ALL the time.... yet they made us wait 4.5 hours cos they couldn't discharge A without drops for his eye ( which he didn't need ). Wouldn't let us call in the next day to pick them up or anything

ZIG

Ace

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Monday, February 18th 2008, 10:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sunshine
I have been told that I should wait 2 years between #2 and a third because of the damage to my uterus now. Although, we're content and actually dont want a third so it is not an issue.

One thing to truly consider though, is just how close you want your kids to be? We didnt expect to conceive naturally so we didnt take any precautions, and love DS#2 to pieces, but we wouldnt have planned it that way.

It is really really really hard having 2 under 2 years old when they are different ages and have different needs, and being pregnant with a 1-2yr old needing a lot of lifting & attention is exhausting.

Absolutely - I can't agree more with what Sun has said. I had potential problems with my scar rupturing as my labour progressed because (a) it was 20 months since my last c/s (b) baby No.2 was a big'un. I don't want more, but if I did I was advised that I couldn't have a natural birth and I should wait at least 2 years. And 2 under the age of 2 is really, really hard. I feel for your mate who has 3 under 3's! I understand where you are coming from on the age issue and your meds etc, but would another few months make all that difference?

My 2nd c/s didn't hurt as much as my first, and I certainly healed quicker, but I just had to as B wasn't going to wait patiently whilst I lay in bed and recovered!!!! The enforced week's stay in hospital due to Ruby's condition was hell for Bella, and even more so for me!

Z x
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

Tuesday, February 19th 2008, 6:31pm

Yep hunni - you're right in that a few more months wouldn't hurt. A friend told me yesterday that even if I am getting older, my embies were still amde with a 35 year old's eggs so I feel better abotu that. I really don't want potential problem in the future by not waiting that's for sure.

Thanks everyone for listening and your advice - cheers m'dears

Caz x

Ruby

Reg: Feb 13th 2007

Children: DS Mar 08 & DD Jan 11

Monday, August 11th 2008, 9:45pm

How long before you try again after a C Sec?

Hi All

Just a quick question. I have been advised by the docs to wait a year after the c sec before we have another baby, but do they mean before we try for another baby or before i have another c sec?

Has anyone else got pregnant soon after a c sec?

I don't want to try again at the moment (to busy enjoying the wee man at the moment) but i can't afford to miss the fertile period after you've just had one.

R
x
Ruby
Me 36 PCOS
DH 36 OK
TTC #2
Met & 100mg Clomid

Shock Natural :BFP: after OV Drilling June 10

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Children: sophie 31/01/2008 and angels above

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 1:00am

hi ruby

i was also advised a year and am already thinking of trying for number 2 soon now DD is 6 months old

id like to also hear the replies

shaz

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 7:26am

I would go on the advise you have been given by waiting a year I would assume they mean before you start TC again ?( enjoy your little ones now, they do have to grow up a bit faster TBH when a new baby comes along.

mad_shell66

HONORARY MEMBER

Reg: Apr 16th 2008

Children: One amazing daughter born 14/4/11

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 11:23am

when my niece was born, her mom has a c section and was told she had to wait 2 years

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 8:09pm

I had my two boys 17 months apart and needed a second c-section. I've now been advised not to try again because of the double scarring. when I had the second c I needed many more IV lines and a senior surgeon on call because of the danger of massive haemorraging/bleeding and potentially a hysterectomy. Luckily it went well, but I am blessed with 2 and will stick with 2 children.

Pootle

Megastar

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 9:01pm

I was told to wait a year before TTC again.

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 9:07pm

after spud i was told to wait a year but i didnt tbh, i was trying again after 5/6 months and thank God i did cos i ran into lots more problems concieving and needed help to conceive my angels and little H. i know everyone is different so i hope you find whats best for you.

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 9:15pm

my friend was told 2yrs.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

Ruby

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 7:58am

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. Sunshine has scared me enough to reach for the durex again, don't even know if the packet is stll in date!

R
x
Ruby
Me 36 PCOS
DH 36 OK
TTC #2
Met & 100mg Clomid

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 8:17am

HI, I asked exactly this question after having A.... a year on and still no ttc, although this a decision made for other reasons than due to my c-section.
I was told a year, I assumed to ttc when A was a year.

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 9:06am

They advise it also because of your stomach muscles - if you have another c-sec, you are advised to not lift etc which would be difficult if you have a toddler also wouldn't it? I am not sure if we will have another one - but I always wanted to enjoy R first and wouldn't try until she was at least 3 yrs old but maybe ask your doctor Ruby? Angelsmummy - bear in mind you had a emergency c-sec because of pre-eclampsia. Enjoy the practising :snigger:.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Ruby

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 11:59am

Hiya

I didn't really want to start trying again at the moment as I had a hideous pregnancy with James and i can't face that again.
But it's niggling me that it took us 5 years to have him, and i'm no longer a spring chicken plus the fact that the local NHS Trust has decided to close the maternity and fertlity clinic i went to. I think we're just a wee bit panicked, i really don't want James to be an only child. It's DH who's putting the pressure on aswell, but then he doesn't have to go through it!
Then again i don't want the SPD to come back again with a vengance and make it impossible for me to enjoy James at all. Why is it never easy?!!!!

Sorry for the moan but it's kept me awake at night for a week!

R
x
Ruby
Me 36 PCOS
DH 36 OK
TTC #2
Met & 100mg Clomid

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 12:03pm

My sister (accidentally) fell pregnant with her second and my nephew was 14 months old when she had her second ... she was advised to have a c-section because the original scarring from her 1st c-section could rupture etc.

A xx

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

Ruby

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 12:09pm

I think i'll need a second C Section anyway, as a complaint they said the same complication could arise again. Did they tell her not to try again?

R
x
Ruby
Me 36 PCOS
DH 36 OK
TTC #2
Met & 100mg Clomid

Reg: Apr 2nd 2008

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 12:11pm

I don't think so ... she did have complications the following day after the c section though ... she lost loads of blood and was borderline for a blood transfusion :8o: luckily they sorted her out but she had to stay in hospital for 3 extra days until her blood levels were back to normal

Me 30
DH 33
1st IVF/ICSI Mar 08 = BFP :happy: May m/c :bawl:
FET Oct 08 = BFP :happy:

Olivia Rose Knight born on 17th June 2009 :happy: :happy: !!

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 6:07pm

new to ttc2!

hi all
not ttc#2 yet officially but not using anything either but dont get much time or energy for much sexual activity

i just want to try and get back into the whole ttc thing and post somewhere my recent af cycle lengths ect so may start a new ttc diary
unless i can find my old 1 and get it moved over

i think im currently in my fertile stage so roughly 2 weeks to af

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 6:38pm

Shaz I am certain it is not advisable to do this till at least one year after a c-section?

Not wanting to put a dampener on it but there are reasons they advise this, I also realise you had fertility issues when you tried for Sophie but it is possible you may find yourself with a BFP very soon that would mean Sophie will be very young, enjoy her she will have to grown up pretty quick if you have a brother or sister for her :smile:

Missy

Superstar

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 8:12pm

Chilli you are right, ceaserean sections are MAJOR surgery, an incision that goes through your whole abdominal wall and scars have been known to rupture under the immense pressure of pregnancy and birth when not enough healing time has been allowed. Shaz I sincerely hope that this *is* just in the planning stages rather than a plan in action. Its all very well thinking you might like a small age gap for convenience, but if you find yourself in the situation of looking after 2 young ones wih either a fresh ceasarean scar or a very poorly ruptured one all for the sake of waiting a few more months you may live to regret it :sadface:

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Sunday, August 24th 2008, 9:19pm

hi ladies

yes missy just planning ahead so i know my cycles a bit better again as im unsure of how long they are ect but when we do manage anything we dont use protection although its usually 1 or 2 times after a af and nothing till after next 1 if we get to do it at all

ill be mainly posting a date when af shows and another when i have fertile cm and then again when af comes up until we start trying

have planned it for after sophies 1st birthday or maybe her 2nd birthday

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Monday, August 25th 2008, 12:27am

Quoted

Originally posted by AngelsMummy
hi ladies

yes missy just planning ahead so i know my cycles a bit better again as im unsure of how long they are ect but when we do manage anything we dont use protection although its usually 1 or 2 times after a af and nothing till after next 1 if we get to do it at all

ill be mainly posting a date when af shows and another when i have fertile cm and then again when af comes up until we start trying

have planned it for after sophies 1st birthday or maybe her 2nd birthday

Hi Shaz :wave:

Gosh it's hard to believe that we're here again already and this time you have a baby in your arms :))

Well... thing is, if you're not using protection then saying you're planning for after Sophie's first or second birthday.... ummmm... :D That's a bit silly because you could be pregnant right now or next month or the month after eh? It only takes one act of intercourse after all.

Shaz, it would be awful if you risked getting pregnant so soon after having a ceasarean section. Your scar really isn't healed properly and if you got pregnant now you might find that it really could rupture, I've seen that and it's not nice Shaz, not nice at all!! It's generally very sad news :(

It's great that you're keeping this diary but please try hard not to get pregnant again until your body is fully fixed. You may feel ok right now but your tummy scar won't be strong enough to cope with the strain of a big pregnant belly or labour.

Monday, August 25th 2008, 2:05am

thanks all
bells i guess just cos last time took ages dont mean it will again

will have to get condoms back out :snigger:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sophsmum08" (Aug 25th 2008, 2:07am)

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Friday, August 29th 2008, 12:51pm

just adding to everyone and stressing the point more is that from my experience the C-section scar can even take up to 2 years to heal. i had alot of pain with my scar and i remember my doctor having to write to my employer to move me from one department of my work to another less stressful one as my stomach was so tender and painful when press on it or if i move suddenly. and i remember him saying to me it can take up to 2 years for me to be completely pain free.

i can say now after nearly 3 years the pain has gone from the scar. i was so glad that i didnt get pregnant within 2 yrs of C-section as i might have been in alot of pain during pregnancy

but all the best with ttc 2 later on shaz

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, August 29th 2008, 10:01pm

All the best when the time comes x

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Sunday, August 30th 2009, 9:27pm

TTC post c section

My friends and I have been given different time spans post c section to try to become pregnant - between 9-15 months.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice or experience, I am 40 in 2 weeks and dont want to wait too long. We have 6 frosties left but going to try ntaurally 1st.

Thankyou X

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP

2nd FET Jan 11 BFP

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Sunday, August 30th 2009, 9:36pm

Hey hun

I have 2 friends who had C sections and they were told to wait a year before TTC, I dont know too much about it but there is danger of a rupture if its too soon.

Good luck :D

alie

Star

Reg: Oct 14th 2007

Children: Alfred born 10.12.2008 Florence born 21.10.2011

Sunday, August 30th 2009, 10:33pm

Thankyou Pammy X

Me 42, DH 43
Nat Pg - m/m 05
unexplained infertility
4xIUI BFN, 1st IVF Oct 07 BFN
1st FET Feb 08 BFP