You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 105 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "northernstar" started this thread

Reg: Feb 13th 2007

Wednesday, May 30th 2007, 4:46pm

Help with metformin

Hi girls

Hope you can help me PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I have been put onto metformin a very weeks ago and it is really making me ill. I take one with my breakfast and the second one with my main meal. Sorry if this TMI but I have never been off the toilet over the last week or so. I constantly feel sick and now experiencing abdominal pains. Poor DH is so tired as I keep disturbing him during the night. According to the leaflet these are the usual side effects but they should disappear (BUT WHEN) :hairout

I will be going for my 2nd cycle of IVF and I am expecting to be not so well with that. Has anyone got any tips to help with these side effects.
[row]
[/row]

Dec 07 - Natural :BFP:

TTC 3.5 years
6 months Clomid - :BFN:
M/C Oct 05
6 months on IUI - :BFN:
1st IVF Mar 07 BFP - M/C 5weeks
2nd IVF July M/C 5weeks WHY

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Wednesday, May 30th 2007, 4:50pm

my side effects lasted about 4 weeks....how long have you been on them hun?

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Wednesday, May 30th 2007, 6:47pm

Nothern

I'm sorry to say that i have been on Meformin for 18 months and still have to quickly go to the toilet (TMI i know). :scared:

I can only tell you from my own experience, but be assured that the symptoms will get better. My nausea lasted a month. It was a horrible experience at the time but to be honest i think it is well worth it.

After coming off the OCP i piled on the weight and i have lost 2 stones since starting Metformin.

I started with one tablet a day for a month, then two a day for a month and then three a day since. That defo helped with the symptoms.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, honest!!!!! Good luck and hang in there.
happydance

Metformin for 2 1/2 years
Clomid - 100mg for 6 cycles
Laparoscopy - 06 - normal
Feb 07 - unsuccessful IUI
May 07 - abandonded IUI - overstimulated
July 07 - IVF :BFP
15th April - my little miracle arrived

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, May 30th 2007, 7:22pm

It does get better, Northern, I promise. In my experience I had more tummy upset when I ate refined carbs. Low GI food really helped to settle me. Really can't explain it but my GP says that ladies with metabolic syndrome (PCOS) do cope better with the side-effects of Met when on a low GI diet - not something she has read but what she has observed. It's worth a try...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

• "northernstar" started this thread

Reg: Feb 13th 2007

Wednesday, May 30th 2007, 7:25pm

Cheers girls,

Now I know what to expect and now that it's not just me. Not feeling too sick at the minute but we will have to see. I have been on them for about just over 2 weeks, so only a few more weeks to put up with it........
[row]
[/row]

Dec 07 - Natural :BFP:

TTC 3.5 years
6 months Clomid - :BFN:
M/C Oct 05
6 months on IUI - :BFN:
1st IVF Mar 07 BFP - M/C 5weeks
2nd IVF July M/C 5weeks WHY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 105 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE