You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Puppy Luv" started this thread

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Tuesday, September 29th 2009, 8:05pm

Anyone had to Appeal against their PCT? In particular Ayrshire & Arran

Hi girls,

Looking for help into appealing against my PCT's decision for no funding for myself and DH re IVF.

To cut a long story short due to my age at time of referral which was Aug 2009 (i'm 38 but will be 39 in January 2010) my Cons says i don't qualify for free IVF on the NHS (even though we originally consulted my GP when i'd just turned 37). Cons's suggested appealing but where do i start? He called DH today and said he'd back us but where do i start ? ?(

Any help appreciated..... i'm having a small glass of wine tonight as i'm determined not to get too upset X(

? ? ? ?

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 11:37am

i have found that getting anything on the NHS is a long fight.

check out the EAGISS guidelines for NHS ivf funding for your area, there is something about being on the list by a certain age. and you are added backdated to when you were referred.

have you thought about contacting your local MP for advice and assistance to help you?

xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

kimtia

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Hopefully one day.......

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 6:26pm

RE: Anyone had to Appeal against their PCT? In particular Ayrshire & Arran

This really annoys me as they don't count the time waiting X(

NHS is a hard fight but I think you should at least make a complaint and getting your MP involved and GP also should help.

Let us know how you get on, wishing you all the best.

• "Puppy Luv" started this thread

Reg: Sep 15th 2009

Children: one DD from previous relationship

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 9:38pm

Thanks for your replies Shirlz and Mrs Kim....

I'm waiting on GP calling me tomorrow to arrange a "chat" about my eappal. I found a website LATE last night :yawning: was trawling til the early hours to get as much info behind us as possible... InfertilityNetworkUK it actually has a 1st appeal template letter, 2nd appeal template letter and a template letter for your MP!! i've bin adding little bits and pieces and going to call my local MP too for an appointment with him also. The good thing is our Cons at Crosshouse has said that he'll back us in our fight and put his name to any paperwork required so, yes, it may be a long fight but a fight the NHS will get! :shocked: can't believe how positive i feel about it tonight and how much i want to box the ears of those who have turned us down :snigger:

Meantime we'll just need to "go away and have fun" (how many times have we in the unexplained category heard that eh) :pray: praying for a little miracle

thanks for your support and i'll let you know as and when little bits n pieces happen

babydust 2 u all

MY DIARY

ttc for 3 years
Right oopherectomy 2006, Lap & dye April 2009
1st IVF April 2010 - 11 eggs, 1 fertilized :BFN: ;(
2nd IVF - August 2010 hopefully
Not Required - :BFP: au naturale 28 July 2010 :thumbsup:
1 :heart: seen 9, 11, 20 wks xfingers

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Thursday, October 1st 2009, 6:39pm

is your dd still living in your home with you?
i know you wont qualify for nhs ivf if there is a child from any source in the home.

good luck!!

xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 12:00pm

I appealed against my pct and clinic by going to my mp - i won also and was given my free cycle - its a long story so pm me if you want more details - good luck x

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 12:00pm

I appealed against my pct and clinic by going to my mp - i won also and was given my free cycle - its a long story so pm me if you want more details - good luck x

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Aug 15th 2008

Children: Lovely DD 22yrs

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 10:09am

Hi honey,
I got my msp involved because my daughter who was 18 years old at the time and I was 37, she was going to live near the University she was attending. The consultant was going to class her as living in the home (as she can come home at weekends).
For the purposes of education and the nhs it appears that the can class your daughter/son as children until the age of 25 (when it suits them).
It only took one letter from which I got a silly letter (standard) which gave the criteria (that we already knew). I red penned the criteria and argued my points and sent it all back to my MSP and by the next consultant appointment he had changed his decision. I got on the list with 3 days to spare.

I have heard of them putting people on the list after they are 38 after a good argument.

Wishing you all the best whatever you decide to do.

Love Lainy x
Me 40 DH 35
Ist Two embies 26/05/10 OD 08/06/10 :BFN: Left Tube Clipped due to Hydrosalpinx 09/09/10
2nd IVF Two embies 15/11/10 OTD 29/11/10 :BFP: All over 24hrs later bigcloud 3rd IVF Two embies 24/02/11 OTD 09/03/11 :BFN: 04/07/11 Surprise Natural :BFP: MC 5weeks 5days :tear: Broken.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE