You are not logged in.

Unread posts

SarahM

• "SarahM" started this thread

Reg: Aug 22nd 2007

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 6:34pm

IUI dugs or early pregnancy symptoms?

Hello all,

It's really hard being patient! We are just 3/4 of the way through our first IUI cycle. Insemination was 8 days ago and since then I have been using progesterone pressaries twice a day ever since.

In the last few days I have stomach cramps, tender brests, I'm really tired, bloated and the past couple of days I've felt sick in the afternoons. I am so sensitive to every feeling and so I'm trying to be level-headed. I have been trying to find out whether these are likely side-effects of the drugs or ... something else :pray:.

I've read that Cyclogest (the progesterone drug) can make you bloated and tired, but not feeling sick. I'm dying to do a pregnancy test, but I know that it's really too early and the result will be unreliable (think I might try anyway).
Does anyone have any experience of this drug?

Thanks,
Sarah x
Sarah

Me 32 DH 36 | TTC 2+ yrs | Unexplained infertility | 1st IUI cycle started 1st Nov 2007 :BFN:

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 6:43pm

Hi, Sarah
Unfortunately all of what you are experiencing could very easily be due to the Cyclogest. Progesterone is the hormone that maintains a pregnancy and is what makes you 'Feel pregnant' at the start of pregnancy.
When are you officially due to test?

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

SarahM

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 6:55pm

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the comment - I was afraid that it was the drugs that's making me feel like this. I'm not due to test for another 6 days.

Sarah
Sarah

Me 32 DH 36 | TTC 2+ yrs | Unexplained infertility | 1st IUI cycle started 1st Nov 2007 :BFN:

Flossy.

Superstar

Reg: Jan 2nd 2007

Tuesday, November 20th 2007, 8:07pm

:goodluck: Sarah my fingers are crossed xfingers for you both chick, I know its hard waiting espeically when you have a few days left until test day. 6 Days left hun i know to you those day seems like forever but it aint that far away really i am also impa i tent when it comes to waiting for things like this anyway :hugs: nicky

:rose: Me 34 DH 30 :rose:
6 IUI'S :BFN: :sniff:
Hoping for a baby 2009:pray:
Was classed as "Unexplained Infertility"
On 9th Jan 2 Fibroids.
Having a break for a while

babydust babydust

Reg: Aug 25th 2007

Wednesday, November 21st 2007, 7:16pm

I felt this too. I had a positive result now expecting twins good luck.
:P Hanni p

SarahM

Friday, November 23rd 2007, 7:14am

Hanni,

Twins - how wonderful!

I had got my hopes up because the feelings I was getting was exceeding the stated side effects of Cyclogest ... whilst optimism is good, I may be setting myself up for a fall.

Sarah
Sarah

Friday, November 23rd 2007, 8:08am

No way, i learnt whilst doing iui etc you get to know your body. If you feel like that you prop are preggers. I hope you are

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Friday, November 23rd 2007, 8:20am

:goodluck:Sarah, you haven't got long to wait now, got the lot crossed for you chick xfingers

Sending you loads of babydust :dust: babydust

[zx189][zx189][zx189][zx189]

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

SarahM

Monday, November 26th 2007, 6:04pm

Hanni, Fairy,

Thank you both so much. This site is great!

I did a test yesterday and it was a BFN. DH is working away and I saw him yesterday so wanted to do the test while he was around (hence not waiting until today).

So it seems that chances are very slim. I've been rubbish today, feel so deflated :tear:

Will let you know what happens when I get a definite result.

Sarah x
Sarah

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Monday, November 26th 2007, 6:39pm

Oh chick, I am sorry :sadface:

Sending you a huge cyber hug sweetie [zx127]

xxx

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 8:35am

Gd luck everything crossed for you

SarahM

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 6:02pm

Hello all,

AF is here.

So, all those symptoms were side-effects of the drug. I wish I had known that Cyclogest (progesterone) could make me feel like that. Perhaps I had a strange reaction - I will ask the clinic. The known side-effects stated in the notes are: diarrhoea and flatulence - nothing about stomach cramps, tender brests, tiredness, bloated and felling sick. At least I'll know for next time.

I am so low. I know we haven't gone though much compared to many - there are many tales on here from people who have gone through so much more. I must try and keep perspective. But I was so sure for a time!

It's been made harder this week by my sister's 24 week scan - she phoned me on Tue really excited that she was having a girl and she was healthy. Half an hour before I had done my third negative preganacy test.

Thank you for your kind messages.
Sarah

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 6:25pm

Sarah, so sorry xx

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 7:57pm

Sarah,
I am so sorry....

x
me 38 DH 45 - unexplained infertility and ttc for 4 years ,Mar 07 -Missed m/c
4 attempts at Clomid - BFN (Jun , Jul, Aug, and Nov 07)

Apr 08 - ICSI - BFN
Oct 08 - ICSI - BFP

Baby boys born on 29-May-09

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 8:27pm

so sorry to hear your news!
Hang in there.
Go have a very large glass of wine and some extra fattening chocies

Reg: Nov 28th 2007

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 9:15pm

RE: IUI dugs or early pregnancy symptoms?

Hi Sarah,

Am a newbie to this site, I understand how you must feel as I have today just had my date through for my 1st iui which is middle of Jan!!! We haven't even got to Dec yet and am already wishing it away so I can start the treatment. It must be so down heartening 4 it not 2 work. Keep your chin up hun.

LUV D.

[ME 38 - DP 38

TRYING TO CONCEIVE SINCE OCT 2006
UNEXPLAINED INFERTILITY????
1ST IVF STARTED FEB 08 h/b seen at 8wks m/c lost at 9wks
2nd IVF STARTED JULY BFN
3rd IVF STARTED OCT- Folly scan on 21st Nov

Reg: May 20th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful wee girl

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 9:21pm

So sorry Hunny x

Mummy to a beautiful little lady

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Friday, November 30th 2007, 7:40am

So very sorry Sarah. I myself didn't know until I started pessaries that you can get pg symptoms. Take it easy and pamper yourself.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

SarahM

Friday, November 30th 2007, 7:03pm

Thank you all.

I've got my large glass of wine in my hand and I'm going to enjoy it!

S xxx
Sarah

Reg: Dec 1st 2007

Saturday, December 1st 2007, 3:01pm

Hi Sarah, I've just read your message. I don't know how many days ago you did your test but I think it may have been way too early to get a BFP anyway. I have been pg x 4 (all ending in m/cs) but I just KNEW that I was pg (my DH thought I had finally lost the plot!) Have you done another test yet? Your symptoms are suspiciously like all the ones that I got but the way that I really did know I was pg was the fact that I went off coffee and I am a coffee addict :coffee:!! Best of luck, I'm keeping everything crossed for you xxx
M/C x 4
PCOS - now clear!
1st IUI - Nov. '07 :BFN:

:snowangel:
[/URL]

Flossy.

Superstar

Reg: Jan 2nd 2007

Saturday, December 1st 2007, 8:54pm

:cuddle :cuddle
Sarah hun i am so sorry that you got a :BFN: that nasty old evil [zx245] just wont give us ladies a break dont she think we have alot to contain with without her making an apperence she needs a good :box: I am thinking of you chick even though some of us have lots of stories to tell with trying and having treatment after treatment we are all in a similar position it is hard but we will one day get our dream its just at the moment for some of us it seems like forever take care nicky xxxx

:rose: Me 34 DH 30 :rose:
6 IUI'S :BFN: :sniff:
Hoping for a baby 2009:pray:
Was classed as "Unexplained Infertility"
On 9th Jan 2 Fibroids.
Having a break for a while

babydust babydust

SarahM

Sunday, December 2nd 2007, 7:58pm

Hi all,

Thanks Baby-Dancer - I did four tests in total. I admit that the first one was way too early and I knew it, so I didn't take the result too seriously. The second test I did 13 days after IUI, the third 15 days and the fourth 17 days after IUI - my period arrived on the 18th day. So, unfortunately there is no doubt about it! I have never been so sure that I was pg - don't think I'll trust my insticts again.

I'm off to the clinic tomorrow for a scan so that we can start all over again. At least I'm a little bit wiser about how the drugs can make me feel.

Nicky - you're so right about [zx245] makes me want to [zx191].

Sarah xxx
Sarah

SarahM

Sunday, December 2nd 2007, 8:00pm

Nicky - Good luck with the IVF consultation. I see that's coming up soon. I guess you're excited that things are moving on. All the waiting for things to happen is so hard. Hope the 19th goes well.

Sarah x
Sarah

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Monday, December 3rd 2007, 10:59am

So sorry sweetie [zx127]

I hope your appointment goes well for you today, and good luck with your next lot of tx, will keep everything crossed for you, I really do hope you have your prayers answered and get that wonderful BFP! xfingers

Take care xXx

Me 30, DF 36

dwarf

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: ds 2yrs

Monday, December 3rd 2007, 2:17pm

The cyclogest made me feel funny too. Although did not feel like I did when pg - was more like really bad period. Think as well sometimes the feelings are exascerbated because of the hormones your own adrenalin and feelings. So sorry chic. You are not in this on your own.
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

Reg: Dec 1st 2007

Monday, December 3rd 2007, 6:51pm

I'm really sorry to hear your news. As you say, at least you are wise to the side effects of the drugs, etc., and know what to expect next time around. I'm wishing you all the best of luck - stay positive, rest lots, eat well and maybe next time around you will get your :BFP: !!! Keep us posted anyway,

B-D xxx
M/C x 4
PCOS - now clear!
1st IUI - Nov. '07 :BFN:

:snowangel:
[/URL]

Batfink

Reg: Aug 22nd 2008

Friday, August 22nd 2008, 8:44pm

Hi Sarah
I have undergone iui and my affects have been similar to yours! This time we have had 4 attempts which didn't prove to be successful. However keep hoping as even if this is a 'side affect' it doesn't mean to say it hasn't worked! Live in hope, Sarah, even if it doesn't trun out positive this time round. We tried twice back in 2001 and were succesful on our second attempt, we have a gorgeous little boy who we feel very blessed to have.

Thinking of you and hoping for you.
Susan :smile:

Batfink

Reg: Aug 22nd 2008

Friday, August 22nd 2008, 8:49pm

Hi AF
Whilst you have hope you have the possibility of a baby. When the hope has gone then you don't stand the same chance!
So hope you are successful.
Susan

Reg: Oct 4th 2009

Children: hammersmith

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 7:53am

hi,im new on this forum,i am also experiencing symptons,loads of spots acne! cramps and swollen boobies... its 8 days since my ec,im unsure if i feel pregnant as i keep scouring the internet..i have been trying for seven years,have had fallopian tubes removed,this is our first icsi attempt..loads of love and best wishes to all...
s reeder

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 4:06pm

Hi Sarah

Welcome to FZ! I know those feelings well, the 2 week wait can be the hardest part of all! However you have come to the right place and all the FZ ladies will help you while away the hours I promise!

Why don't you post a new thread on the newbies section to introduce yourself to all the ladies as you might get missed in here!

Good luck!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE