You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "bernie123" started this thread

Reg: Aug 17th 2009

Children: 5 angels

Monday, August 17th 2009, 3:54pm

Starting PDG after 5 miscarriages

Hi everyone, ive been looking for a site like this for a while and thought talking to you ladies would help. ill give you a little background on my situation

i have suffered 5 miscarriages between Jan 07 and August 2008, miscarriage never even occured to me when we first got pregnant, it happened very quickly and we were over the moon, shocked but over the moon, then at 7/8 weeks i started to spot and unfortunately this was the beginning, we get pregnant very easily which is one of the hardest things, after my first i went on to miscarry another 4 times, this was a very traumatic time for both myself and my partner and our families. After my 5th miscarriage i decided i could not try again and needed some time. my 3rd, 4th and 5th miscarriage were all tested as triploidy, it wasnt until the 5th that we found out the triploidy was from me each time. We were told how rare this problem was, as triploidy should not cause a recurrent problem however it did with me, after my 3rd miscarriage we had a chromosome check and both myself and my partner came back as having the correct amount and no problems could be found. we are now in the process of starting PGD at Guys, we have just had funding confirmed which we are sooooo happy about and have our next appt at Guys in October to start treatment. im happy and nervous as we dont know how many of my eggs are going to be affected and what if they all are?????? trying to think like that, trying to stay positive!!!!

Anyone going throught the same thing please feel free to ask any questions at all, be nice talking to people who understand xxxxx
Bernie

:happy:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Monday, August 17th 2009, 4:21pm

Just wanted to wish you good luck. I am also having treatment at Guys (although not PGD) and they are absolutely amazing. I sure that Ros will be along shortly with her words of wisdom - she is 11 weeks PG with twins after PGD at Guys!!!
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Monday, August 17th 2009, 4:25pm

Thanks, god its hard to get excited when i hear things like that, be great to talk to ros about her experience.

xxxxxxx
Bernie

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Monday, August 17th 2009, 6:00pm

I'm so sorry for all your losses Bernie. I've heard such good things about PGD at Guys, I wish you the very best of luck with your cycle there.
blowkiss
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Monday, August 17th 2009, 6:53pm

Hi Bernie I have replied to you on PGD chatter. Good luck.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Bunty

unregistered

• "Bunty" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, August 28th 2009, 7:26pm

Hi Bernie,

I am so sorry for your losses.

I am 13 weeks pregnant (14 weeks LMP).. and at my NF screening yesterday I was told that it is likely that the baby has triploidy. I also conceive quickly, and karyotyping has come back normal.

Do they think your recurrent triploidy is a horrible coincidence? Did you miscarry by yourself?

Sorry to ask these questions, but I am very nervous as to what to expect.

Bunty

xxx

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, August 28th 2009, 8:15pm

Hi Bernie, welcome to FZ and the PGD pages! I'm sorry it's taken me a while to reply to you. I'm sosorry to hear about your miscarriages but fantastic that you now have funding and are due to start a PGD cycle at Guy's later this year. Guy's is the biggest PGD unit in the UK and the ACU is all shiny and new and the staff are so kind and caring. You're definitely in the right place. I've sure you've found the PGD chatter page now, there are lots of ladies at a similar stage to you at Guy's, all waiting for the first appointment. Please let me know if you have any questions for me, as you can see I was lucky enough for my PGD to work, I hope you are the same x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 10:11am

Hi everyone, yeah i have found PGD chatter after this page and all the ladies are great, its a real comfort... Hi bunty, we had our karyotyping done after m/c no.3 and both mine and my partners bloods are fine (my partner also already has a child from a previous relationship) then after karyotyping m/c 3rd,4th and 5th (4th and 5th i had to push the hospital for testing as i knew how important testing was) so when they said triploidy my consultant told me that it was just bad luck, then bad luck again with the 4th when that came back triploidy then the 5th they started asking questions and tested all 3 again and found the extra set of chromosomes had come from me..... i have had all the doctors stumped to be honest as they dont know why the recurrence is happening, i have m/c naturally each time never had D&C but have had medical management as i did start bleeding each time so needed medication to help things along, all my m/c have been at 8/9 weeks....

we have decided PGD is our best option as i need to know what portion of my eggs are normal/abnormal, i know we cant see my full egg store but just knowing they can find a normal egg will give me hope..

are you having further tests done? xxxxx
Bernie

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 10:36am

Gosh Bernie, that must be so rare...
I can see why the doctors kept assuming it must have been bad luck (2 sperm fertilising one egg) rather than an egg with two sets of chromosomes. Thank goodness you got the hospital to keep testing. I hope you get good news from the PGD.
Lots of luck to you,
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Bunty

unregistered

• "Bunty" is no longer a member of FZ

Tuesday, September 1st 2009, 11:55pm

Hi Bernie,

I am tempted to say bad luck too, re the cell division stage of triplody... because it really is so very rare and not age related. I'm pretty sure my other babies werent triploidy. It does seem very very odd though I agree, that it has happened to you so many times. You poor lamb. :hugs:

I hope this works for you now. I have had every test under the sun for my losses.. and all normal so far. I think there is a chance this pregnancy will go on well into 3rd tri and even full term... so I will have to terminate and induce as I am to far gone for a d and c now.

Please do let me know how you get on and what proportion of your eggs are normal? I wish you luck and happiness.

Bunty

xxx

Wednesday, September 2nd 2009, 9:17am

thanks Bunty, we are waiting to hear about the licence we need at guys because of the triploidy which we should hear about in 4 weeks, i just want to get started, ill let you know how i get on and what happens..

i hope things work out for you as well xxxxx
Bernie

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: GLASGOW

Monday, September 7th 2009, 4:19pm

RE: Starting PDG after 5 miscarriages

Hi there! Im just new to this site and spotted your message.my situation is quite similar ive had three misscariages.the longest term was 14 weeks.anywho found out i had a chromosome deficiancy so pgd would be the best option.i also got funding and am due to start treatment in jan after waiting two and a half years.im really nervous and to add to the stress my husband is desperate for kids and my mum already wants to buy baby things.im so scared it wont work.good luck and please let me know your progress would love to hear a success story.
L MCQUEEN

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Monday, September 7th 2009, 9:08pm

Hi Libbysook welcome to pgd and fz. I'm so sorry for your loses and hope that pgd is the answer to your prayers. I hope that we will be able to help you through this journey. Good luck.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 12:31pm

RE: Starting PDG after 5 miscarriages

Hi Libbysook, i will keep you updated with everything that happens, we should hopefully get our next appt at Guys in October and hopefully start Treatment in November, if Guys get the licence they need :pray:

Welcome to the board xxxx
Bernie

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 3:09pm

thankyou so much for your lovely message.when you are going through this it seems like your the only one .then i find this site and feel normal again.thankyou xxxxxxxxxx
L MCQUEEN

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 3:16pm

i know exactly how you feel, im bet everyone feels the same on here..

im not sure whether you have looked at the posts on PGD chatter as well, everyone is either waiting to start their cycle or have already been through it so i find that a massive help

spk soon xxxx :smile:
Bernie

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 3:26pm

thankyou for your support its great to know im not alone .love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
L MCQUEEN

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 9:26am

Hi Libbysook, welcome to our PGD pages, you are most definitely not alone hun. I'm so sorry for your m/c's and hope that PGD does have the answer, great that you have Jan arranged as a start date so you have something to focus on. There are quite a few PGD success stories on here so I hope they help you with your PMA All the best x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE