You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "amyeliz87" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 8:58am

Can Endo Affect Bowels ??

Not the nicest of subjects, but i'm in agony, & can only think it's the ENDO back with a vengeance :bawl:

Firstly, I wake up at say 5am every morning in agony, it's like my insides have collapsed against each other & can't function. I have to go to the toilet (for a wee), then climb back into bed & curl up in a ball until I fall back to sleep. Then when my alarm goes off an hour later, the pain is still there, but I feel paralysed . . it's in my lower back & abdomen area . . sometimes a bit higher to right hand side of belly button (where ovaries are)

I'm going to the doctors today, to tell them basically I think I need another LAP . . . to go in, look around & clean me up again, but i'm apprehensive he'll believe me. Todmorden doctors are the most shocking in the country believe me! :bawl:

Anyways, this morning i've had to literally run to the toilet 3 times in half an hour, and it's agony when I go too (bowels) . . . So, can ENDO affect your bowels, if it's growing on them? I'm sure i've heard before, it can?
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 9:21am

Hi Amyeliz, I'm so sorry to hear about your bowel pains. I have to say that endo could be the reason, especially if you have had it before. I also get bad bowel pains at AF time and shooting pain up my backside. Going to the docs and asking for another lap is the right thing to do I believe. If it isn't endo, at least they have had a look and they might find out what it is which is causing you this pain. Good luck hun x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

• "gayle1803" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 12:29pm

Hi Amyeliz

Sorry to hear you are in pain and discomfort, unfortunately I do believe endo can move onto and around your bowel, I have recently gone back to my consultant as I think my endo has come back affecting my bowels as I seem to struggle with severe constiaption through the month, but around AF it is the other way!!!. My consultant advised me that it is very rare for it to actually be on the bowel, but as it can be very very close it has alot of effects on movements etc. I am currently waiting for a date for my fourth lap for him to have a look around, I hope you get some joy from your GP and that he refers you for your lap, for peace of mind if not anything else but Im sure they will be able to help

Good luck
xxxx

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 12:33pm

Its weird isn't it.
Last time I had this pain . . . It last for 3 weeks i'm not on AF
And as soon as I have AF, that week the pain isn't there :innocent:
Any ideas/explanations as to why ??

DB, says he will come with me, so they can't fob me off, if he's finished work in time, but I very much doubt he will be done by 4.30pm :sadface:

I will try my best to convince to doctor to refer me.
Trouble being, this is the last thing I need when i'm already seeing a gynae on 2nd sept for the TTC side of things :bawl:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Reg: Aug 28th 2007

Children: One due in Jan, 10.

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 1:31pm

Amyeliz, I think my bowel was stuck to one of my ovaries on one of the scans. Goodluck with your Gp appt.

Reg: May 28th 2009

Children: One day - I hope and pray!!

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 5:38pm

Go in and demand to see someone about it babe. It does sound like it could be the endo and it does need sorting. Did you say you had a lap before? What did they do that time?

:xxx:

May 01 - diagnosed with Endo via lap.
July 01 - diagnosed with MRKH
April 02: 1st Reconstrutive operation.
August 02: 2nd Reconstructive operation
May 04: Hysterectomy
May 08: Ovaries removed

House Deposit: £800/£8k

Reg: Aug 9th 2009

Children: Barts

Wednesday, August 19th 2009, 7:22pm

Hi there,
I have recently had a lap and they found an adhesion on my bowls and stomach so yes, it can most certainly affect them! And it totally messes up your toilet habits as well - believe me I know!! And the pain can happen at varying times through the month - I know mine got bad at ovulation and the week before AF and although I was in pain during AF it was different... but from month to month it was different

As Nic says, demand it!

Good luck x

Friday, August 21st 2009, 9:25am

Hi All . . .

Well - update:-

Went to docs on Wednesday night, & he didn't fob me off thankfully :smile:
I explained everything, & basically told him, it's same pain from 2 years ago, and last time they did ultrasound & a lap. And i reckon its the Endo.

He agreed and said it sounds like it, so he sent me for bloods, and i had to do a urine sample, and also he gave me a prescription for extra strong painkillers (tramadol) . . .

I have to book an app with a female doctor in about a weeks time, so she can examine me if need be, and see if results say anything & then what to do next. Also to see if these painkillers work. Its 1, 3 times a day and if not improved in a days time, then 2, 3 times a day :8o: :8o:

Something for ya to laugh about though, LOL, me and fella went for blood test yesterday and was on top floor of our new health centre. So i went up stairs, he went in lift (he's lazy) . . . Coming back, he said come on, get in lift (i don't have a fear btw) . . . so we both got in lift, pressed ground floor, it moved, then BOOM, stopped!!! Stuck between 2 floors!!!

Pressed alarms etc, no signal on phones in lift either, banging on sides as well (jus metal sides not glass so couldn't see out) . . . Then ste got his hand through the door a tiny bit and gt signal and rang the doctors below us, and told them we was stuck.

Ended up stuck in the lift for 2 hours, whilst firefighters and engineers struggled to get us out. In the end we had to crawl thru a gap to get out as lift well and truly f**ked :8o: :snigger:

Good job we actually wasn't disabled or anything tho! And was scorching in there.
Thankfully when doors wa prised open, the staff passed us some water and jammy dodgers, LOL

An amusing day to say the least as we were in court in the morning, :snigger: :snigger:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 12:51pm

Update Again:-

Bloods & Urine came back all normal ?(

So what was they testing for? LOL . . . they can't diagnose Endo via them surely ?(

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 3:39pm

Amy, they cant diagnose Endo via blood tests no. As you have had a lap before and you know you have endo I cant see why on earth they did the blood tests. Did you ask? Endo is incurable. If you have it once, you always have it. Sometimes its sort of in remission when treatment works but its something that never completely goes away and you can always relapse with it. I'm surprised that they are not checking your bowels tbh and I would be inclined to ask why theyre not and to ask if they intend to do so. I say this purely because of the trouble I had when endo wrapped itself around my bowel and strangled it which can be very dangerous. I dont mean to scare you but I would be demanding more answers hun. Don't be afraid.

I feel for you so much being on Tramadol, I cant take them. You poor thing.

OMG about the lift ... that is my worst nightmare . I am terrified of lifts. I'd have had panic attacks and all sorts stuck in there. Your braver than I am.

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 3:49pm

What does tramadol do to you hun?

I need to go see a female doc, but I don't want to go when on AF . . And AF should be here, but it isn't, but if i book docs, then no doubt AF will turn up (i'm due internal examination I think)

Only thing my docs will do (and this is if they're being good), is send me to a gynae for a consultation, because I need a LAP, I know I do :sadface:

But I'm looking at transferring PCT anyways if weds doesn't go to plan, so god knows what to do. Feel like i'm on hold at the mo ?( ?(

How can they check your bowels ok too? xx

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 3:58pm

I cant keep tramadol down it makes me violently sick whenever I try to take it. Euch! Luckily Codeine works wonders for me!

If you know you need a LAP and your GP will send you to a gynae for 1 why are you avoiding doing it? Surely its better to get it sorted and they might get rid of the endo therefore getting rid of the pain?

If your PCT are happy to send you to a gynae for a lap I wouldnt be to hasty about switching PCT's just yet, even if they dont tell you what you want to hear on weds. Your better off getting your endo and pain under control before you start pumping your body with hormones etc. Just a thought :smile:

They can do a procedure called a colposcopy (I think its called that) Basically its a camera up your bum (horrible I know) but it makes sure everything is working as it should.

k377y

UNREGISTERED

• "k377y" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Nov 24th 2008

Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 8:39pm

OOooo ouch! Sounds like its back....that was the first symptom that told me mine was back.....when they went in for a look my ovaries had stuck to my bowels....hope they sort it for you soon xxxx

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: None yet, but still hopeful

Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 9:23pm

I just had surgery to cut the endo away from my bowel which had stuck it to my womb and ovary. I had unbearable pain every month and ended up in a&e on morphine when it was really bad. Like Ros, who really does know her stuff about endo, I get shooting pains up the bum which can stop me in my tracks when I'm walking. Thankfully they are better now I've had the surgery.

Personally I'd steer clear of anything codeine based at the moment. That is what they usually give you after a lap (co-codamol) but that slows down your digestion, can make you very constipated and the straining really isn't nice at all. You could make it worse by taking anything that bungs you up.

I controlled my pain by avoiding dairy, beer and anything gassy. Get yourself some peppermint tea and eat healthily - eating anything fatty will make it worse, as will drinking alcohol (try to avoid wine with sulphites as that causes upset tummies). Stress will also bring on attacks, so keep it to a minimum and take time to chill out. For pain relief try high strength ibuprofen to take down any inflamation.

I was diagnosed with IBS WAY before the endo diagnosis and had to endure a colonoscopy (that's the camera up the bum when you're under sedation), barium enema (they pump stuff up your bum via a hosepipe and x-ray you) and various other nasties only to be told everything was normal. It wasn't, but because they were looking at the INSIDE of my bowel it LOOKED normal - the trouble was the endo was wrapped around the OUTSIDE and would only show on a lap. I was bounced between the gynae and gastro consultants for years - literally. Stand your ground and push for an operative rather than diagnostic lap.
Me 36 DH 43
TTC since 1998 - 'unexplained'
Endo on bowel, ovaries and lots of scarring/adhesions found early 2009, removed in July 09
Scan 3 months later and all grown back worse than before
Awaiting funding approval for IVF and hope to start early 2010

:hello:
Come and visit me at my NEW IVF Diary - Froggie's IVF Diary

Friday, September 4th 2009, 9:04am

Thanks so much for your reply Froggie.

I too was told I have IBS, but again it appears I was right all along, & has always been the Endo.

I am going to push for a Lap within the next few months, because whilst in there, they can do a dye test as well, now i'm successfully starting treatment :smile:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: None yet, but still hopeful

Friday, September 4th 2009, 11:10am

Sounds like a plan!
Me 36 DH 43
TTC since 1998 - 'unexplained'
Endo on bowel, ovaries and lots of scarring/adhesions found early 2009, removed in July 09
Scan 3 months later and all grown back worse than before
Awaiting funding approval for IVF and hope to start early 2010

:hello:
Come and visit me at my NEW IVF Diary - Froggie's IVF Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE