You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "tia12" started this thread

Reg: Feb 24th 2009

Children: None

Monday, July 27th 2009, 10:52pm

Anyone tried Acupuncture??

Hi,

I have recently had a failed attempt at ICSI, the docs said this was due to poor sperm motility and suggested we consider DI, me and DP have always wanted our own baby and have been together for 10 years and I really feel its too soon to give up hope for having our own baby. The hospital seem to be pushing us towards DI and are quite against us having another go on our own, i realise it is a lot of money and alot to put yourself through but somehow feel they dont understand that we are willing to do anything.

Anyway after feeling like all our doors were slammed in our faces, my mum recommended we try acupuncture (she had it on her arm and it fixed an injury which was 15yrs old), we saw the chinese doc and he showed us letters and newspaper clippings from people who had tried acupuncture and prescribed DP some herbal tea and some acupuncture sessions, he said it should take about 2 months before we should give the hospital another SA and we will see an improvement, he then said in four months we would be ready to either have another ICSI tx or TTC naturally.

Has anyone else tried acupunture or Chinese medicine and has anyone had a BFP??

Any thoughts would be a great help :D
TTC 4 & 1/2 yrs
Me 26 & DP 27
Started ICSI 12th June 2009, 16 eggs, 11 mature, all injected but none fertilised due to poor sperm quality

starsmile

Reg: Jul 27th 2009

Children: Care

Monday, July 27th 2009, 11:08pm

Hiya

Just joined this site today and so so glad that I did.
Someone has suggested that I try acuputure as it would help relax me and get me in a good state of mind for starting my ivf.
I contacted a local clinic who came back to me and said that they have dealt with couples going through ivf and that acupuncture can help with hormone release which will increase my chances. I have my first appointment tomorrow. Im a little aprehensive as I have never tried anything like this before, but im willing to try anything. Even if it can just help me to relax and keep my thoughts positive then that will be worth it.
I will let you know how I get on.
Give it a try, what harm can it do. Some people swear by it.
Good luck
luv Ruby x

• "tia12" started this thread

Reg: Feb 24th 2009

Children: None

Monday, July 27th 2009, 11:15pm

Hiya, when are you having IVF? Hope it goes well for you!

We went into the chinese at the weekend and have already started the tea, the chinese doctor kept saying it will be ok, in four months you and wife have baby it was so nice to hear someone talking positivley, just got to keep our fingers crossed now but hey it cant hurt!!

I have heard a few people have acupuncture while their waiting for IVF, or reflexology?

let me know how you get on, good luck.

xx
TTC 4 & 1/2 yrs
Me 26 & DP 27
Started ICSI 12th June 2009, 16 eggs, 11 mature, all injected but none fertilised due to poor sperm quality

starsmile

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 5:52am

We have many, many threads alreay about this subject as well as a chat thread here

** ACUPUNCTURE CHATTER **

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum and also there is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about find your way around FZ and a few guidelines too (I've deleted your duplicate post)

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Tuesday, July 28th 2009, 11:18am

Hi

I had acupuncture and it worked for me, i now have a little boy and am pregnant with my second. All natural after 8 IVF's. It improved my egg quantity and quality by 100%. If you want more details just let me know, and good luck. x
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE