You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "d.martin" started this thread

Reg: Dec 21st 2005

Tuesday, August 8th 2006, 10:32pm

my appointment at last

hello everyone,
just wanted to update you, i found out today that i go for my tubes checked (i must try to remember the medical terms for things. it sounds so much better) ;)

anyway i get my tubes checked on the 16th august. yippie!
i was a bit scared phoning the hospital incase they said sorry not this month and i was left hanging on for another month.

im really happy that im moving on to the next chapter in my quest for motherhood. :P

take care everyone.

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
1st insem feb 08 :BFN:
6 x clomid

2nd donor insem may 08:BFN:
3rd donor insem June 08 :BFN:

IRISH

• "IRISH" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 15th 2006

Tuesday, August 8th 2006, 11:07pm

excellant news hunny hope you get it sorted........looks like your very busy with all your little nieces and nephews and a god daughter....me thinks that is costly :D

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 8:14am

that is great news Denise

Only 8 days to go!

Is it an HSG - where you just need painkillers, or a Laparoscopy which is done under general anaesthetic ?

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 2:39pm

Brill news Denise - good luck!
Me 35 DH 43

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 3:41pm

hello,
its a HSG im going in for. when they fill your tubes with liquid ive been told its kind of like a smear and not painful. ?(

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
6 x clomid

Reg: May 7th 2011

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 4:10pm

brill news hun good luck xx

Saz

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 4:12pm

Thats great Denise.

When I had mine, I had period type pains, quite strong, during it, then for a little while afterwards. Other than that, it was fine!

Good luck!!

Saz

xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Saz" (Aug 9th 2006, 4:12pm)

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 5:14pm

Denise

I havn't had an HSG so I can't give you personal advice... but many ladies here say to take a couple of pain-killers beforehand asyou may experience period type cramps.

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 5:18pm

The nurse gave me mefanamic acid (trade name ponstan) and said take 1 2hrs beforehand and the other 4 hrs after the HSG.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 6:00pm

Oh indeed Denise, it is NOT painless. If they say it IS painless then they haven't had to go through it themselves. Take some painkillers half to 1 hour beforehand. And don't forget a sani-towel - not a tampon! I had a bit of bloody discharge for the rest of the day as well as severe period-type cramps for the afternoon. Don't know why, but I also felt drained for the next day. May be because, instead of going home straight after, I had to drive for half an hour to go for an hour long psych eval then tried to do some grocery shopping. Think I took on too much on one day with no pain-killers. Didn't have the advice of the ladies here at the time so didn't know to take anything. I know better if I ever have to go through something like that again...
Good luck, Hun
Hugz

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Wednesday, August 9th 2006, 8:44pm

hi denise, great news it is finally happening- its such a frustrating test to wait for as you can't book it until af arrives and i was worried when i had mine that loads of women would have it that month etc. the first month i didn't get in the next one i did.

I did find it very painful but then i find anything passed through my cervix (tmi but including clots at af) very very painful. I also used to get quite stressed. the clinic itself (well st thomas' hospital) used to give flagyl which is a type of pelvic antibiotic to take as a preventative, and give you a strong suppository of antiinflammatory as well. I would ask your gp to give you something if the clinic doesn't. there is no need for it to be uncomfortable if you can avoid it. failing that, as long as you don't have any normal reactions to medications I would ask the pharmacist for norofen plus, which contains ibuprofen (an antiinflam) and codiene (a painkiller) and take two an hour before the test.

some women just find it a little uncomfortable. I really did struggle with it pain wise. it was worth it, though to find out my tubes were clear.

veggie
xx
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

Thursday, August 10th 2006, 6:24pm

thank you all for the advice. at least now i wont be lying there thinking o my god whats happening 8o.

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
6 x clomid

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE