You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Saro

Star

• "Saro" started this thread

Reg: Mar 6th 2008

Children: Alexander born after 4th IVF/ICSI

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 8:59am

Post pregnancy-optimum time 2 try ivf again?

After 4 goes at IVF/ICSI our dream came true and we now have a wonderful 5 month old boy. I am almost 42 and am wondering whether I really ought to just thank my lucky stars or whether to return to the clinic to find out my chances of having another child, which I know are already slim at my age.

Does anyone know if there is an optimal time after pregnancy when you have the best chance of success at IVF/ICSI? Or is it just luck of the draw?

I have just finished BF so the AF will be along soon and I wouldn't be BF drugs to my LO so that would be fine.

Many thanks to anyone who can help. Good luck to those of you still trying.

xx

Sept 2007 IVF BFN - Oct 2007 Tubes removed - Nov 2007 ICSI BFN - March 2008 ICSI : BFN
June 2008 - :BFP:

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 9:30am

Hi Saro, :hi: I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but didn't want to read and run. Just wanted to say all the best with your journey and remember 'hope is a wonderful thing'. Someone will be along soon to answer your question. Take care hon. xxxx
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Mavis

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 10:11am

Hi Saro,
I once asked my consultant about this, and she said it was best to start again as soon as AF has returned to normal, to wait for 2 AFs after BF to make sure you are regular again and then start.
Lots of luck to you!
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 11:07am

Hi Saro! Blimey, can't believe Alex is 5 months already!

Hats off to you for thinking about going again - when A was 5 months I was barely out of the unshowered, living in PJs stage!

Best bet is to see someone at your clinic and have an honest discussion. To be honest, I would have thought, given your age, that sooner rather than later would be the way to go.

Do you have any frosties? If so, they'll be the age you were when they were created if you see what I mean?!

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Saro

Star

• "Saro" started this thread

Reg: Mar 6th 2008

Children: Alexander born after 4th IVF/ICSI

Friday, August 28th 2009, 9:32am

Sadly no frosties. That's the thing with being older maybe - embies not quite good enough. The clinic that I was at would only freeze grade 1, 8 cell embies and all of those were used each cycle. They said that with the freezing and defrosting they lost quality so they'd only do it with top quality ones.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Sar xxx

Sept 2007 IVF BFN - Oct 2007 Tubes removed - Nov 2007 ICSI BFN - March 2008 ICSI : BFN
June 2008 - :BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE