You are not logged in.

Unread posts

• "Elle1" started this thread

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 9:56pm

New person....

Hi all, just found this site and it looks like just the thing I need at the moment.

Been TTC for 2 years, had a number of blood tests and a lap & dye and all appears normal. DH had normal sperm test results. So next step is referral for IUI/IVF but need to lose a few pounds before can be referred - hopefully will not take long.

I was using the contraceptive injection, Depo, until Jul 06 and my periods returned in Jun 07. I have very painful periods and always have when not been on the pill/injection.

For the past 18 months or so I have been getting period pain - type twinges pretty much throughout my cycle which although not really painful, are annoying. It isn't ovulation pain as it's literally throughout my cycle. It varies as to which side the pain is on and there doesn't appear to be any pattern to it. I have mentioned this to the doctor at the local NHS infertility clinic and been assured that it's nothing to be concerned about but I have my doubts.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of pain?

I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some advice but if not, it's nice to know there are other people who can understand how difficult infertility is to accept and cope with.

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Wednesday, June 10th 2009, 10:13pm

Hi Elle, welcome to FZ! We're all very friendly so I hope you feel at home here soon. I'm sorry to read about your painful periods, if you carry on getting this pain and not getting pregnant then further investigations should be done.

I wish you all the best hun, and hope that a BFP comes along soon for you x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 4:16pm

Welcome to :FZ: Elle

I agree with Ros and think your pains should be investigated further, it's not fun being in pain all the time. I really hope that you soon get some answers.

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a general fertility FAQ section HERE which contains lots of guides to different aspects of fertility.

There is a TTC naturally section HERE where you can get to know others TTC naturally.

There is an IUI/DI section HERE and the IUI CHATTER is HERE so you can chat to other going through IUI.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE so you can chat to other going through IVF/ICSI.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a thread called IS YOUR WEIGHT STOPPING YOU FROM HAVING A BABY? it gives you loads of information about how weight and fertility, plus there is a link to our healthy eating section where the girls give each other loads of support when trying to shift a few pounds.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Reg: Jun 4th 2009

Children: not my destiny

Thursday, June 11th 2009, 4:42pm

Elle1, no I haven't had pains like that, but wanted to say hi and wish you well!
Barts: IVF Jun 09 BFN, Create: ICSI Nov 09, Mar 10, Sep 10 - all BFN

Reg: Aug 13th 2009

Friday, August 14th 2009, 1:04pm

hi im new to the site to!
me and my husband have been TTC for 2 1/2 years and have had various tests which have all came back normal now awaiting referal for ivf/ iui. its really frustrating not having an explanation! just got to keep positive!!!

:smile: kayleigh

Reg: Jul 31st 2009

Children: J R Oxford

Thursday, August 20th 2009, 5:00pm

Tought i would say Hi.
I cant help with the period pains but I have ben TTC for just over 2 1/2 years. Both DH and I have had the tests and are 'unexplained' fertility. Its a bummer as you dont really have an explaination.
We are now on our 1st IVF cycle and feeling like we are getting somewhere now. Its a bizzare rollercoaster of a journey but hopefully its worth it.
Hope it all goes well for you.
Good luck on your journey!
Live strong; be happy